Rank 8 Achieved

124»

Comments

• kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "only"? lol. Whats a guy earning 500 ph doing playing PW.
    You know what I think is more likely? (likely, not certain). That he's on an average income, and he just spent all his savings and maxed out his credit card.

I hope he enjoys paying it off at 18% interest for the next 6 months.
    Sucks to be him. (probably, not definitely. I suppose we will never know for sure).

More power to him if he really is earning 500 ph.
    You are forgetting savings, I am 25 and make $500 per day. I have money in the bank , if i wanted to I could raise my rep to those levels. I know people who make 100 dollars a day who have lots saved up. Its all dependant on your lifestyle. There are people in my neighbourhood who spend $500 dollars a day just on the upkeep of their homes. I look like a beggar compared to them. Its all relative. Free players need to quiet down. If it was not for this guy and lots like him spending real cash PWI would not be around as a Free to Play game. On average an MMO subscription is $15 per month thats $180 per year and add to that the cost of one expansion pack per yr on avg so thats $240 per year. PWI is free to play. Stop complaining.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Micheal Jordan is speaking live on ESPN right now.. he has just been entered into the Hall of Fame. Do you think Micheal Jordan payed his way to 2 Olympic gold medals and 6 NBA championships? thats all i'm saying.

First person in this thread who realized that PWI has no longer nothing to do with roleplay.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It wouldn't. It's pretty much impossible to beat the coin:rep ratio for wraith badges now. Honestly, with what they're going for during this event it's faster to farm coin and buy badges than it is to farm 59. An average veno can do 600k/hour, a pretty good one could do 1.5 mil/hour. With 170k wraith badges like on DW (a little cheaper on some shops, but 170 seems like a good price) that's 88-221 rep per hour.

Yes... well... I am not an average veno, and I think I currently I earn 60k coins per hour.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You're also level 47.

Hardly high enough to do the mind numbing farming in TT for coin.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well you know, my job prevents me from being able to hardcore grind and farm for gears like most of my friends who get to spend more then 2-3 hours on PWI a day. So, how is my charging some money every pay day to be able to achieve things I want worth any less then working for it in game? You know what? I work HARD for my IRL money, and its my perrogative to spend it how I choose. Every cent I have spent in this game, I feel was earned just as much as me having the time to sit and play PWI for 5 hours at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Micheal Jordan is speaking live on ESPN right now.. he has just been entered into the Hall of Fame. Do you think Micheal Jordan payed his way to 2 Olympic gold medals and 6 NBA championships? thats all i'm saying.
    Funny you should mention his Olympic medals. The original rationale behind the ban on professional athletes at the Olympics was because they didn't want the money from professional sports (can afford better training) from giving some athletes an advantage. The ban was rescinded for certain sports (like basketball) because the professional leagues were so pervasive that spectators felt the Olympic events were a farce without the world's best players.

The distinction you're reaching for is more akin to NASCAR vs. F1 racing. In NASCAR the rules strive to provide each driver with the exact same car. They must all be bult with the same parts, same size, same weight. Only the driver and options on the car (type of tires, adjustments to the suspension, etc) are different. In F1 racing, each team is has a lot more latitude to build their car as long as they wish, as long as it falls within a wider range of specs. NASCAR attempts to find the best racing team by eliminating the car as a variable. F1 attempts to build the best team + car. Neither is "wrong", they are just different.

In professional sports, there are some unwritten rules which fans expect the players to follow. No performance-enhancing drugs, behavior befitting a role model (e.g. no dog fighting, no cheating), etc. However, some things that are obviously unfair are overlooked. For basketball in particular, height plays a huge role in the "ability" of a player, but is dictated entirely by genetics rather than anything the player has "worked for". So Michael Jordan was quite possibly the best NBA player in history; but if you factor in height, then I don't think he deserves that title. Probably a short player like Spud Webb does.

Anyway, the point of all this is that there is no single set of standards which define what is or is not noteworthy in this game. We are not in competition with each other to see who can be the best player while using the least amount of cash. You may think we are, and you're free to view the game as you wish. But there's nothing that says everyone else has to play the game according to your standards.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:byegratz on being a noob for wasting cash and time for a useless gameb:bye

seriously....LOL
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This was really TL:DR But HT was someone i used to play with on the HL server and i consider him my Friend. hes a financial adviser, so yes he makes alot of money. I myself dont agree with the decision of PWE to sell endgame gear in the cash shop, which is why i quit. I am not mad at HeadTrauma tho for spending so much on the packs, hes just taking advantage of the sale. Hell if i was that rich i would too.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • muop
    muop Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    99 replies and no picture? b:shutup
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    muop wrote: »
    99 replies and no picture? b:shutup

You miss picture. Try to read all post. Someone posted the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Grats on pwning all the non-cash shopper noobs that played for over an yearb:chuckle Go you ! b:victory
  • myforumaccountwoot
    myforumaccountwoot Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL Zoe

So what if he spent thousands of RL dollars buying his way to the top? You say you would rather farm to the top the old fashioned way. More power to you.

Keep in mind though.....His money that he bought himself with; that's enabling you to keep playing for free.

So your QQing is useless rage
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Fail necro is fail.
    b:dirty
  • D_oryy - Heavens Tear
    D_oryy - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    pwi is broken, everything is broken
    1. rank is bull,
    2. items nowdays are bull
    3. should be a quest leveling kind of game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    all those flamers are like ^^
    omg dunno what to say, it's like they're very jealous someone could buy a Mercedez, while they still have to work 12hours+/day and still only can afford to buy an old rusty bike. (Oops, are they even have a Job? o.0)

and for those who wrote gratz on paying your CC card with interest or anything, lol, are you that new Psy Mermaid? who can look into his Bank account?

and for those who feel proud of building Rep by grinding, then it's your way of fun, don't assume everyone is the same.
    you climb the mountain to the top so you can enjoy the view from the top.

other ppl prefer to use helicopter then enjoy the view from the top then just go home with the heli, you enjoy climbing down? go ahead.

you enjoy the feeling when you're climbing the mountain? good for you.
    just don't assume everyone is the same like you.

remember, Proud is one of the seven deadly sins :)

if he can afford to spend that much money without having his real life needs interrupted/disturbed, it's good^^
    one way to fave fun.

to the guy: Grats^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    anyone got a fullscreen screenshot, lol, something more that marks it as legit. i could easily go to fake server and get ss of me getting rank 8 again and posting it, lol. just saying not a truely revealing ss. if he got rank 8 grats, that's insane. also rank 8 isn't a mommy, daddy can i borrow credit card accomplishment, costs more then mom and dads would allow to spend, lol. before this event how many players could wear any other then the lvl 30 rank stuff at the correct lvl? most don't build enough rep to wear lvl 60 rank gear until around lvl 90
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    anyone got a fullscreen screenshot, lol, something more that marks it as legit. i could easily go to fake server and get ss of me getting rank 8 again and posting it, lol. just saying not a truely revealing ss. if he got rank 8 grats, that's insane. also rank 8 isn't a mommy, daddy can i borrow credit card accomplishment, costs more then mom and dads would allow to spend, lol. before this event how many players could wear any other then the lvl 30 rank stuff at the correct lvl? most don't build enough rep to wear lvl 60 rank gear until around lvl 90

mommy and daddy that give their kids CCs generally are mommy and daddy of spoiled brats, therefore it's very realistic lol. but just because someone bought their character (so to speak) doesn't mean they fall under this catagory, they could be normal people with jobs who pay with their own money (just sayin)

i got my rank 1 gear at 30. i got my rank 2 gear at 40. and i would have gotten my rank 3 gear at the proper time as well had i continued playing my mage... so that point isn't really valid, as it is not very hard to do. granted, most people don't have the patience to make it happen, they'd rather just spam dailies to level >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i got my rank 2 gear at 40.

b:shocked
    ...you can't get rank 2 gear until 60
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    b:shocked
    ...you can't get rank 2 gear until 60

rank 2 gear = rank 2 badge. there is no other gear for rank 2 b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    rank 2 gear = rank 2 badge. there is no other gear for rank 2 b:chuckle

There's a belt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    There's a belt.

where? i asked the entire server, and no one knows of any rank 2 equipment outside the badge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    where? i asked the entire server, and no one knows of any rank 2 equipment outside the badge

You get it at 1k streams, and it's lvl 60 requirement
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    You get it at 1k streams, and it's lvl 60 requirement

then it isn't rank 2. rank 2 = lvl 40

to clarify my view: rank equipment = equipment you can obtain AND USE at the level that you can get the rank
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009

to clarify my view: rank equipment = equipment you can obtain AND USE at the level that you can get the rank

Look at it however you want, but it's still rank 2 gear with a high lever requirement than the actual one to obtain the rank with the required reputation.

To the OP : I still don't get why you would want to let strangers know of your or someone's achievement lol. It's like saying "ding" in world chat.. Is it for attention or what ?
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Gauthier - Heavens Tear
    Gauthier - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok this is getting stupid, ppl that use irl money DESERVE to get in game advantages if u dont like it quit, THOSE PPL pay for the game ur playing if it wasnt for them pwi would go broke and they would shut down the game, what if he bought his way to rank 8... its not that hard since all ppl can buy a anni pack and get a 200mil item(if lucky, many got it alredy and were noobs so...stfu and read the rest)... what if he did that? who the **** cares he made it and u didnt deal with it ffs.
    Its not that hard to get it now, any player with 16k ish rep can get it too, fast and cheap so stop QQ'ing , have u seen the prices on those badges? 100k for 25rep thats not much, if he had over 10k ish rep bought anni packs get something good, sell the item and then buy rep badges EVERY ONE CAN DO IT, BUT NO they didnt do it cuz they wanted other stuff, this guy wanted rank 8 and he got it, i dont see any of u doing what he done so YEAH he deserves a Gratz, even if he payed for it, the only way ur getting it is:
    A) Pay for it.
    B) Act like a geek and spend all ur free time farming rep.
    If u chose B) then ur a no life addicted person that deserves to be shot on sight so that the QQ will end.
    Its like ppl that grind real hard to lvl, and ppl that use Oracles, ppl that use oracles wasted money on them so why cant they enjoy it?
    Anyways if u dont like what i said and think its not true u can reply, any rude comment will be ignored by me, every one has their opinion this is mine.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    <insulting, rude and flaming comment>

Anyways if u dont like what i said and think its not true u can reply, any rude comment will be ignored by me, every one has their opinion this is mine.

I like the way you flame and insult everyone who doesn't share the same opinion as you, then declare you'll ignore rude responses and everyone's entitled to an opinion. b:chuckle

Soooo.... exactly what rank IS the level 60 belt then? :P
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009

To clarify Pwi's view: Its labelled in the game as rank 2 equipment so therefore must be rank 2 equipment. No matter how anyone else sees or views it as. lol
  • Gauthier - Heavens Tear
    Gauthier - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like the way you flame and insult everyone who doesn't share the same opinion as you, then declare you'll ignore rude responses and everyone's entitled to an opinion. b:chuckle

Soooo.... exactly what rank IS the level 60 belt then? :P

I missed the part where i "Flame and insult everyone who doesn't share the same opinion" What i said is true and ppl are blind and dont even notice what they do, most ppl QQ'ed about oracles and 2 days later they were using them, but after they used them changed opinion .. those ppl are what i call fake.
    And like i said if u dont like what i said u can allways reply with ur opinion as long as it isnt a rude comment Like all the other players that replied to ppl with the same opinion as me.
  • myforumaccountwoot
    myforumaccountwoot Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Gauthier said it.

It boils down to this. These people pay for advantages. Instead of farming for months for lunar equipment; they drop a few hundred/thousand and get the best of the best.

They also have jobs and lives and don't want to waste tons of time doing said farming

Lastly and most importantly.

THEY MAKE THIS GAME FREE FOR YOU

All of the QQ'ers about Cash Shopping players make me laugh; we pay for the game you play.
This discussion has been closed.