Rank 8 Achieved

Comments

• Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Try it.

Ok:

In the month of July, I was earning 10..15 reputation per hour of game play. Currently, I am trying to level, and I only earn 3..4 reputation per hour of game play (but I plan on picking up my pace here). In a month or two, I hope I will be earning a reputation point approximately once every minute of gameplay.

And if I made some simple (but not easy for me) changes in my approach, I feel I could increase my reputation gathering rates by 2x..6x.

And none of this depends on this month's event.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well no one is blaming him for buying enough to get rank 8. In fact i think he has all the right to spend his money any way he sees fit.

Yep, very right.

edit - Well the second sentence is what im agreeing with not first since there is always people who gonna flame about how much cash a person uses on pixels (example saying person has no life and has to spend on game to get e-peen or had to use cash to get bla bla).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok:

In the month of July, I was earning 10..15 reputation per hour of game play. Currently, I am trying to level, and I only earn 3..4 reputation per hour of game play (but I plan on picking up my pace here). In a month or two, I hope I will be earning a reputation point approximately once every minute of gameplay.

And if I made some simple (but not easy for me) changes in my approach, I feel I could increase my reputation gathering rates by 2x..6x.

And none of this depends on this month's event.

There is no way in the game to earn 60 rep an hour continuously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    edited September 2009

And obviously I think I will be able to earn something like that much. But I am not going to be explaining how, because I only have a few hours per week when I play and I am feeling somewhat competitive about this issue, and I want to get a feeling of accomplishment from my efforts.

I will add, however, that I also think I can do (and have done) a few other things which people would currently agree are impossible (until they see them done and either accuse me of cheating or they all of a sudden realize how simple and obvious this was and maybe even see the clues the designers put into the game about these issues).
  • TamerOfGods - Sanctuary
    TamerOfGods - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009

That is true... The Max RPH I can get is 30-40.
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    And obviously I think I will be able to earn something like that much. But I am not going to be explaining how, because I only have a few hours per week when I play and I am feeling somewhat competitive about this issue, and I want to get a feeling of accomplishment from my efforts.

I will add, however, that I also think I can do (and have done) a few other things which people would currently agree are impossible (until they see them done and either accuse me of cheating or they all of a sudden realize how simple and obvious this was and maybe even see the clues the designers put into the game about these issues).

You're crafting and dropping the gear for rep increases would be my guess here just off the top of my head...
    And yeah you can do this as long as your mats hold out.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Or you can sell the gear or decompose the gear and buy chi stones. Use the money made off that, either of which will be a decent amount, and put that towards officer badges for far more rep for the effort spent. Especially with what officer badges are selling for during the anniversary.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its a game .. so any ingame achievement is worthless to any but the person who achieved it.

However you achieve your ingame goal, wether that be through work or $ then aslong as you are happy thats all that matters.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So are you a troll or an idiot? I can't tell.

"HAY MOMMY LEMME BORROW UR CREdIT CAAARD" is not an achievement.

And he got the rep from the packs, obviously. Are you a moron? b:shocked

What the f is wrong with you people (not directing it at Nakhimov, but just have his post quoted). Why do you automatically assume he used someone else's credit... why can't he use his own? For all you know he could have a high paying job and spent 8 hours working out of game instead of 800 hours in game to earn the money to buy his stuff. And let me ask you this. How would spending 800 hours in game grinding to buy something an achievement... while spending 8 hours efficiently acquiring it not?

This game is not purely populated by students and/or bums. There is a fair number of the working class out there. Just because you don’t have the means to buy stuff you want and have to go beg your parents/guardians... doesn't mean others have to do the same. Personally, if I want something. I would rather leave the house for an hour and work for it... then spend countless days locked up in my room killing the same pixels over and over again to get it.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If he earned it by like say having alot of coins to start off with and buying gold with coins or buying the item itself, then yes its a achievement.
    Amen. It's like they hate cash users because we can afford to charge cash, not everyone is a broke **** welfare bludger like some in this game by the sounds of things. Somehow they twist that by charging cash, we're somehow 'cheating'? WTF? We pay for this game so you broke-**** mofos can play this for free. Quit your whining and go get a job.
    I also spend a crapload RL money in here, and I hate it when pple push their own sense of worth on the money I worked for and the money I have the right to spend. BUT. like someone quoted;
    Duke wont shout "HeadTrauma paid $4400 to get Rank 8"
    (note; this is on sanctuary prices) A while ago i calculated roughly 'how much coins would i need if i bought tokens for 13k average to get rank 8?' Answer was roughly 800,000,000+ coins. Divide that by the what ever gold or coins traded.
    Altho my spending on this game goes in the thousands, its not in one bulk buy and i space it out like how normal pple space out their entertainment money. (movies clothes etc.) There is a limit to how much the public will accept as normal as long as you play in a public environment you cant blame them on that.
    With that said if the rank 8 was wholy bought out with zhen, and this person spent estimate 3-4000$ equivalent to that of a used car, in a little more than 1 week on a game that is still ONE year old out in the U.S with multiple glitches and non-implements, either he has a TON of spare money (aka owns more than 1 business), or he is just a person who earns a bit more than above average and tends to spend on the 'now' things without much thinking ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    While some of you may not agree on how certain players choose to play this game, you have to realize that it is in fact, a game. And different players will play this game how they choose. You can't fault them for that, nor should their achievements be any less remarkable.

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean its wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What the f is wrong with you people (not directing it at Nakhimov, but just have his post quoted). Why do you automatically assume he used someone else's credit... why can't he use his own? For all you know he could have a high paying job and spent 8 hours working out of game instead of 800 hours in game to earn the money to buy his stuff. And let me ask you this. How would spending 800 hours in game grinding to buy something an achievement... while spending 8 hours efficiently acquiring it not?

bah stupid cut n paste
    doesn't matter anyway now Deceptistar covered my point in last para of his/her reply.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    agamemnoch wrote: »
    You're crafting and dropping the gear for rep increases would be my guess here just off the top of my head...
    And yeah you can do this as long as your mats hold out.

I do craft and I place some priority on my crafting skills, and I suppose if I purchased huge bulks of crafting supplies from the boutique I could acquire rank this way, but I can not afford to do so, and I do not know if I could build reputation fast enough to be meaningful, this way.

Also, currently, I get higher reputation selling two star items to players and using the coins to buy reputation items than when I donate two star items to NPCs. (But this might change if I actually tried high volume production and sales.)
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is something very common in F2P games with Cash Shops/Item Malls which is how most of the F2P games are going considering its more profitable for companies than charging a monthly fee.

Frankly, I dont see anything wrong here and nobody gives a **** about getting reputation within a virtual game. In the end, its all about having fun however they seem fit. In this case, getting Rank 8. if this spoiling your fun, then either you outdo him/her or go play some other game where this is not the case (which I doubt considering most of the good MMOs would have this bias).

This very same concept applies to every product in the world. You need to pay to get better stuff faster :D and finally you choose whether you want to pay the amount being charged or not.

For a working person who spends a lot of time in the office, its much much easier for me to pay real money to get an ingame item (if he/she really wants one that is and is willing to pay for it) than grinding continuously for hours.

PS: For all you know $4,000 may be pocket change for him.
  • Urahara - Harshlands
    Urahara - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I take the liberty of SSing anything that happensb:chuckle

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii339/yugiarmy/dfdsafdegfde.jpg
    Here you go, HT getting rank 8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So...
    Am I the only one thinking:
    "Wrong section, try Harshland"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Okay people, understand this: Let him waste his money. HL is a dead server, forever will be. He doesn't do any PvP whatsoever, with his +10 gear, +11 helm, +12 GX. All I gotta say to it is: Lolubad.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Okay people, understand this: Let him waste his money. HL is a dead server, forever will be. He doesn't do any PvP whatsoever, with his +10 gear, +11 helm, +12 GX. All I gotta say to it is: Lolubad.

Just HL? I thought they were all dead b:chuckle .
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    AYANOOOO come back !!! b:victoryb:shutup
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Haven't really checked other servers after Anniversary event. But before it, it was more dead than any other server. I'm sure now most are lol.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I do craft and I place some priority on my crafting skills, and I suppose if I purchased huge bulks of crafting supplies from the boutique I could acquire rank this way, but I can not afford to do so, and I do not know if I could build reputation fast enough to be meaningful, this way.

Also, currently, I get higher reputation selling two star items to players and using the coins to buy reputation items than when I donate two star items to NPCs. (But this might change if I actually tried high volume production and sales.)

It wouldn't. It's pretty much impossible to beat the coin:rep ratio for wraith badges now. Honestly, with what they're going for during this event it's faster to farm coin and buy badges than it is to farm 59. An average veno can do 600k/hour, a pretty good one could do 1.5 mil/hour. With 170k wraith badges like on DW (a little cheaper on some shops, but 170 seems like a good price) that's 88-221 rep per hour.

It makes me wish anniversary packs would stay in forever, it's amazing just how much stuff was made more available.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thers still mucho lag D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    There's a reason lots of people left PW-MY b:surrender

and this isn't one of them. the biggest reason is a few certain guilds in both servers.. "asking" for some things from the gms with the help and influence of daddy's credit card.
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well no one is blaming him for buying enough to get rank 8. In fact i think he has all the right to spend his money any way he sees fit.

Yes, but going by that logic we have the right to say anything that we want.
    no one is blaming him for buying enough to get rank 8
    Have you been reading this thread at all?

and imo, if you're gonna spend that much money on a F2P game, you might as well go to a P2P game.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well that's you, you can't justify putting that much into a game. Other people can, people who have that level of stupidity

fixed
    10 chars
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There are handbags that cost more than what he paid for rank 8. Handbags! You'll have a hard time convincing me that digital pixels are more of a waste than those.

From that article:
    Why would anyone spend so much on a purse when they could have something a little roomier and more useful--say, a car--for the same price? For its exclusivity, originality and above all, status, says Cohen.

So yeah, just because it seems crazy for you to spend a year's rent money on an in-game item, don't forget that there are people who will spend much more on much less.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    For all you know he could have a high paying job and spent 8 hours working out of game

Do the math.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That's only $500/hour. There are jobs that pay that well or better.

Most of them wouldn't leave you with enough time to get a character to level 100 though.
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    people, be reasonable... would a kid spend cash with anything but video games these days?

who cares about common sense if it's profitful? who cares about such marketing for kids? the fact is that PW propaganda works. they'll keep milking the cow... if not from the USA they'll pick any other country and keep doing it all the same.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    That's only $500/hour.

"only"? lol. Whats a guy earning 500 ph doing playing PW.
    You know what I think is more likely? (likely, not certain). That he's on an average income, and he just spent all his savings and maxed out his credit card.

I hope he enjoys paying it off at 18% interest for the next 6 months.
    Sucks to be him. (probably, not definitely. I suppose we will never know for sure).

More power to him if he really is earning 500 ph.
This discussion has been closed.