PWI is NOT dead...Nor Dying..

Options

Comments

• Uncanny - Lost City
    Uncanny - Lost City Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It doesnt bother lowbies, all the non cash shoppers are quitting because they may have spent months/were spending a long time farming these rare weapons and now anyone lucky enough can get them with little effort
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The real players are leaving, leaving behind nooby cashshop-only players who don't know how to run lunar, frost, or even TT.b:chuckle

soon you'll see messages like "TT=noob"

just wonder if those who are spending a ton of cash right now will spend a single coin with anything but charms. with such good stuff + refining they'll be making their own TW guids soon while the major dominating guilds will be slowly phased out due to the increasing number of uncharmed players. after dominating most territories they'll have enough coins to buy charms in game no matter how expensive they'll get. Then, with game income getting lower and lower every month they'll be forced to make more and more sales until they're forced to sell warsouls. So the end would be expected in <1 year.

such threat must be hunting PWI staff right now. though PWI have other games, perfect world is still their major title and considering they're all developed by the same company...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You were able to make your point in a much more eloquent way than i could have, and i think you did a good job of striking a middle point in this argument.

Once again, this has nuthing to do with real life and you don't have any right to presume anything about what any of us do outside of this game. You little cyberbully, the thing about not having dedication or skill got too personal? Worried your little sandbox might be empty now that you actually stand a chance to succeed?
    hmm cyberbully highly doubt just pointing out the facts
    plus I kno that this has nothing to do with the real life but ppl are making it out that way.
    i kno i don't kno wat u guys do outside of this game.
    also i don't got a sandbox but i can see you do with ur smartass reply u left at the end grow up seriously but like i said what do i expect most of us are teens who still need to grow up in life i leave this with a farwell with im not replying back to a person who says smartass thing on a computer but can't say it to someones faceb:laugh
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well this game isnt community service or anything for sure. Its only gonna turn into wallet races for the few 5% or so who have that excess money to spend. Not unless there are high lvl nubs that tell newbies that you just HAVE to get these high gears. Be versatile in gear. My most-of-the-time money-less friend showed me how to gear up without spending uber amounts. Try things out of the norm and youll find some good discoverys.

Versatile me an alternative to g12 shards plz! b:mischievous
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The real players are leaving, leaving behind nooby cashshop-only players who don't know how to run lunar, frost, or even TT.b:chuckle
    and those low levels who are happy with this cuz they can't realize the situation <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hmm cyberbully highly doubt just pointing out the facts
    plus I kno that this has nothing to do with the real life but ppl are making it out that way.
    i kno i don't kno wat u guys do outside of this game.
    also i don't got a sandbox but i can see you do with ur smartass reply u left at the end grow up seriously but like i said what do i expect most of us are teens who still need to grow up in life i leave this with a farwell with im not replying back to a person who says smartass thing on a computer but can't say it to someones faceb:laugh

LOL I honestly thought he was just trolling but now i think his br thing is for real.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL I honestly thought he was just trolling but now i think his br thing is for real.

This kid admitted he was an 11 years old in an earlier post. Don't sound so surprised.b:chuckle
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    and those low levels who are happy with this cuz they can't realize the situation <_<

That's one of the real tragedies here, people who are just going about their bussiness and perhaps even somewhat enjoying a few packs don't really have a clue what this actually spells for their future in this game.

Edit; @Mothergoose xD, guess this goes to show i shouldn't rush through reading all the thread.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This kid admitted he was an 11 years old in an earlier post. Don't sound so surprised.b:chuckle
    lmfao really when hmm point it out please
    fyi 16 tyvm
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Jukeii - Harshlands
    Jukeii - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

ooh I'm sorry ONLY PROS LIKE YOU are able to complete an instance..

Aaannnnd we're all a bunch of ******* who can't learn..

Funny.
  • malator
    malator Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @OP i stand by what i said
    ALL of it

in a few weeks you will know what im talking about
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

Funny.

He didn't mean it like that, high levels leaving really is not the issue people staying will be facing.
  • Jukeii - Harshlands
    Jukeii - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    He didn't mean it like that, high levels leaving really is not the issue people staying will be facing.

It's not because 0.00001% of the high levels are leaving that it'll change something.

You know.. I'm reading posts about ppl leaving and they seem to think that they ( & their friends in game ) constitute half of a server.
  • dandanxp
    dandanxp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lmfao really when hmm point it out please
    fyi 16 tyvm

I thought you said you weren't going to be replying anymore. Please don't get our hopes up with promises you don't intend to keep. b:bye
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's not because 0.00001% of the high levels are leaving that it'll change something.

You know.. I'm reading posts about ppl leaving and they seem to think that they ( & their friends in game ) constitute half of a server.

when we refer to low levels we mean those who have just started. enjoying it or not they're trying the game.

when we refer to high levels we mean those who have played it for months and had no intention to leave... until now.

see the difference?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Funny.
    ... rrrrright
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Order of people who were hit the hardest:

-High level non cash-shopping pvper's (mainly lost city and harshlands)
    -High level medium cash-shopping pvper's (mainly lost city and harshlands)
    -High level non cash-shopping people on the pve servers who pvp/tw (hardcore pvper's and hardcore tw guilds go up higher on the list)

etc..

-Level 30 blue name pve carebears on a pve server.

If you don't care what other people have gear-wise, you are only affected by the gold prices. People who actually farm to have gear to stay competitive in pvp are basically forced to quit. I don't know 1 person who is staying that is in this position. If you play for the competitiveness, not for the grind, you are by far hit the hardest by this.

Please take in to consideration that people play the game for different reasons. PW won't die because a lot of people don't care that other people have +12 cv/8jun because that doesn't affect their gameplay. Where as for someone else the only reason that keeps them playing 5 hours a day was to fight that person and have a shot at winning... now that that's gone, those people aren't that happy.

Different niches in pw were affected differently. Take another perspective on this event and stop throwing around biased speculation.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

I understand it may seem pedantic, and i agree it may be far from half the server who are leaving. But a lot of key people (not me, i was inactive for months before rerolling this char) are quitting. King sol is right, it has more to do with experience than levels, but it's also got to do with many of them being "core" players, people doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of grinding, pvp, running instances and in general helping out. I know it's basically their factions/friends who will be missing them individually, but as a whole the game will suffer by losing their contributions and experience. Personally i'm quitting because i don't like being in a game where money weights more than game mechanics. I don't think anyone's happy about leaving (a few might be) and certainly don't think is anyone's intention to disrespect people who are staying or who view things differently. Really, on my part I do wish everyone the best of lucks, i'm only sticking around on the forums cuz i need to vent a little and i'm finding it hard to leave.
    dandanxp wrote: »
    I thought you said you weren't going to be replying anymore. Please don't get our hopes up with promises you don't intend to keep. b:bye

I lol'd
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Nah we will do what you did, and just read the guides
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nah we will do what you did, and just read the guides

Psh, what kind of moron still bother to run Frost or Lunar those days?b:laugh
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Psh, what kind of moron still bother to run Frost or Lunar those days?b:laugh

Maybe people playing for fun?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    read the guides? there was no 'guide' for lunar or frost. we made the guides.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe people playing for fun?

Spending a whole day, burn several mils worth of charms and angels brought with 400k gold, for the mats that's been newly made worthless? Expensive funb:laugh
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    soo... when people are saying that 1/2 the game is leaving, from where are these numbers coming?

And then this: to everyone who bothered to enjoy (if you didn't enjoy your time in-game, wtf were you on?) months and months inside elite instances, isn't it pleasing to now know all those coins you saved up (I mean, I have over 18mil now w/out ever spending a dime on CS... y'all should have about the same right?) can now be converted into those once-impossible end-game weapons?

Yeah sure, there are a lot of "noobs" (aka newbies or lowbies) getting these rare items, but I'm seeing them for sale for considerably cheap (15-25mil way cheaper than months and months in the damn instance).

All I see thus far is a small, albeit noisy, group of higher level players that are more or less displaying the spoiled ingrate attitude...

/2cents
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    soo... when people are saying that 1/2 the game is leaving, from where are these numbers coming?

And then this: to everyone who bothered to enjoy (if you didn't enjoy your time in-game, wtf were you on?) months and months inside elite instances, isn't it pleasing to now know all those coins you saved up (I mean, I have over 18mil now w/out ever spending a dime on CS... y'all should have about the same right?) can now be converted into those once-impossible end-game weapons?

Yeah sure, there are a lot of "noobs" (aka newbies or lowbies) getting these rare items, but I'm seeing them for sale for considerably cheap (15-25mil way cheaper than months and months in the damn instance).

All I see thus far is a small, albeit noisy, group of higher level players that are more or less displaying the spoiled ingrate attitude...

/2cents

get 100+ and come stop by lost city and try to pvp. you pver's are affected 100x less than people who play this game for pvp. take another perspective to the event please.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

/2cents

Ingratitude cuz we expect to play under fair rules? really?!
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    get 100+ and come stop by lost city and try to pvp. you pver's are affected 100x less than people who play this game for pvp. take another perspective to the event please.

Admittedly it's difficult to take another perspective, it's not that as a "pver" I am affected 100x less, it's that probably the whole game matters 100x less to me.

You do/did enjoy your time in-game right?

edit, this caught my eye (for the lulz):
    Ingratitude cuz we expect to play under fair rules? really?!

Last I checked, ToS says that PWE gets to make and/or change the rules whenever they want; (since you have an account here) it's fair to assume that you've expressly agreed to their rules...
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

That is true, pvp servers are more affected by this and people will leave.......... but seriously they should leave with a bit of dignity, and not the constant "omgz pwi sukz im leaving" posts, and its normally the same people saying they are leaving all the time... well leave already.

I have more respect for those who have stood by their morals and just left, rather than those who constantly whine that they are leaving, the former will be missed, the latter not at all
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That is true, pvp servers are more affected by this and people will leave.......... but seriously they should leave with a bit of dignity, and not the constant "omgz pwi sukz im leaving" posts, and its normally the same people saying they are leaving all the time... well leave already.

I have more respect for those who have stood by their morals and just left, rather than those who constantly whine that they are leaving, the former will be missed, the latter not at all

Some of us would like to make our opinions known before we leave. Is your concept of dignity against freedom of speech? Also, we are customers, this is a forum to deal with customer issues. Last we are not just leaving a game but a comunity. Capisce?
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Will every one just stop crying and be greatfull to the thing's in life.
    and this game is NOT die'ing nor is going to. old people leave new people come it's a cycle then even old player's game's come back such as I. i stoped playing and now i'm ready to get all in the mix again.

So word to your Mom's
    i just droped them bomb's
    SO STFU!
This discussion has been closed.