TideBorn?

Options

Comments

• Rainesierr - Lost City
    Rainesierr - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    personally im more interested in figuring out the skillset than what they look like
    especially the psychic. thres no element left for them. elves have metal, untamed have wood, and mages get fire water and earth. so what about the psychics? i think it would be cool if the damage was split between all the elements, like how blade tempest is split fire/phys. except the psychic would be parts of all the elements. Another thing ive been seeing people say is something about assassins and agro. i think it would be cool if assasins has a short time buff, kinda like the bm sprint, that would prevent them from taking agro from mobs. a sort of sneakyness. would be a sucky pvp skill but could help ALOT pve.i am curious to see what their aeroger is though.
    please sign here: _______________
  • Shimmina - Sanctuary
    Shimmina - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Psychic... maybe something like telepathy, mental disruption or destabilisation, sleep, suggest skill, psychic squad buffs (defence, attack) :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Psychic... maybe something like telepathy, mental disruption or destabilisation, sleep, suggest skill, psychic squad buffs (defence, attack) :D

This would make us even more healbots than we already are.
  • Shimmina - Sanctuary
    Shimmina - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Every buff is good :-)

And something like Suggest skill (mob at the same lvl or lower fighting 15sec. on your side) would be funny :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lower
    lower Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:victory i hope this new race will bring some more acction to game play b:laugh and story line too... about the picture i dont know it looks like and elf with wierd armor i think this Tideborn will loke more like fishy thing like mmm undines i dont know thats how i picture them but hey where is their city going to be ????? hope perfect world get bigger better and badder... and is going to take some while to see them on archosour coz their lvls anyways im staying with my archer for a while.
  • lower
    lower Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    personally im more interested in figuring out the skillset than what they look like
    especially the psychic. thres no element left for them. elves have metal, untamed have wood, and mages get fire water and earth. so what about the psychics? i think it would be cool if the damage was split between all the elements, like how blade tempest is split fire/phys. except the psychic would be parts of all the elements. Another thing ive been seeing people say is something about assassins and agro. i think it would be cool if assasins has a short time buff, kinda like the bm sprint, that would prevent them from taking agro from mobs. a sort of sneakyness. would be a sucky pvp skill but could help ALOT pve.i am curious to see what their aeroger is though.

i dont know i think they will be mainly water with some metal and wood. somehow like counter mages.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd guess Psychics are nonelemental tank mages ;O
    The name 'Psychic' isn't one you'd give to an element-user. And generally, because Psychics sound like debuffers and such, they're likely to be half a tank.
    I also guess they'll ride flying fish.
    <_<
    >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    I'd guess Psychics are nonelemental tank mages ;O
    The name 'Psychic' isn't one you'd give to an element-user. And generally, because Psychics sound like debuffers and such, they're likely to be half a tank.
    I also guess they'll ride flying fish.
    <_<
    >_>

like this b:question

Approach.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know people said pretty much everything u guys are saying on the other thread right......
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know people said pretty much everything u guys are saying on the other thread right......

does anyone care b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What no comments on spoons words? Just reminder of what he said:
    from what I've heard the upcoming expansion has not been released anywhere else b:victory

Could it be? Are we really getting something the Chinese servers don't yet have?b:shocked I'm speechless.

As for the classes, I'd love to see the psychics have some kind of turncoat/suggestion type of move. Something that makes mobs think we're on thier side and attack other mobs. It'll probably be focused more on debuffs and other tricky stuff than direct damage, but I'd love to see some kind of telekinetic attacks for them (I'm thinking lifting the mob up into the sky with psychic power, then letting it drop).

Assassin is definitely a stealth based class. It'll probably have moves to avoid aggro and deal a single powerful hit to one enemy, then drop a smoke bomb or something to get away before the retaliatory strike. Probably has ways to avoid movement debuffs, while being able to buff their own move speed. Maybe they have some poison and bleeding moves as well.

You guys at PWE are being mean, giving us this hint so far from the release data and making us wait.b:sad I can't wait to see what these guys are gonna be like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Psychics: Telekinesis and pyrokinesis. I don't care what else they have, if they don't have those two then they aren't psychic.b:angry
    Several knockback skills would fit in with telekinesis (and maybe it does physical damage?). What might be interesting would be if psychics were semi-melee and semi-caster. Not great at both but has a variety of debuffs and the ability to "push" and "pull" mobs. Mob keeps kiting? Get the **** over here! Mob has a melee attack that you'd rather not deal with? *push* Bye bye.
    Pyrokinesis covers the elemental damage bit (unlikely since the tideborn seem to be aquatic but I can hope, can't I?). It'll probably have mostly water element attacks (boring).
    I don't know, for some reason I keep thinking the psychics will be some kind of magical archer (somewhat fast but weak ranged, elemental damage with a couple physical skills thrown in).

Assassins: Probably uses fists/claws. Accuracy, evasion, and phys def debuffs? Maybe a bleed skill or two. Speed buffs (for the squad) would be nice. Maybe a skill that increases crit % for a few seconds but has a (very) long cooldown. If they use fist/claw weapons then a fist/claw mastery would make sense (of course). Possibly one or two water element attacks.

Possible Flying Mounts: sea sponges, squid/octopi, urchins (ouch?), dolphins (they have flying mantas, why the hell not?), whales (must be scaled to real life), sharks, undines (payback for all those times they got in my wayb:angry)

I await your flames.b:angry
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Arnor - Dreamweaver
    Arnor - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was just sitting around thinking about this new race and wondering what their aerogear will be when I thought that since the untamed more or less already have the flying fish (mantas) i thought what if the tideborn rode "peter pan"esque flying ships. they could start with a little rowboat dingy and in the boutique get bigger badder ships like a viking longboat or a royal war galleon and anyone who ever seen an untamed Crimson Flametalon will realize that the war galleon could be made HUGE!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Could it be? Are we really getting something the Chinese servers don't yet have?b:shocked I'm speechless.

I think it's more like, we'll get it at the same time as them, not we'll get it before them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Psychics: Telekinesis and pyrokinesis. I don't care what else they have, if they don't have those two then they aren't psychic.b:angry
    Several knockback skills would fit in with telekinesis (and maybe it does physical damage?). What might be interesting would be if psychics were semi-melee and semi-caster. Not great at both but has a variety of debuffs and the ability to "push" and "pull" mobs. Mob keeps kiting? Get the **** over here! Mob has a melee attack that you'd rather not deal with? *push* Bye bye.
    Pyrokinesis covers the elemental damage bit (unlikely since the tideborn seem to be aquatic but I can hope, can't I?). It'll probably have mostly water element attacks (boring).
    I don't know, for some reason I keep thinking the psychics will be some kind of magical archer (somewhat fast but weak ranged, elemental damage with a couple physical skills thrown in).

Assassins: Probably uses fists/claws. Accuracy, evasion, and phys def debuffs? Maybe a bleed skill or two. Speed buffs (for the squad) would be nice. Maybe a skill that increases crit % for a few seconds but has a (very) long cooldown. If they use fist/claw weapons then a fist/claw mastery would make sense (of course). Possibly one or two water element attacks.

Possible Flying Mounts: sea sponges, squid/octopi, urchins (ouch?), dolphins (they have flying mantas, why the hell not?), whales (must be scaled to real life), sharks, undines (payback for all those times they got in my wayb:angry)

I await your flames.b:angry

YEs that is true , they can have Flying Sponges :D

U will love if not use fist, i think more mid range Whit lot DOT will be awasome (for Assassins), break skills and some AOE bleed WOW Nuke, and skill that make treat leve lower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Think this npc is one of Tideborn's? b:victory

tideborn.jpg
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Think this npc is one of Tideborn's? b:victory

tideborn.jpg

thats some long nipple hair
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver
    EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thats Some Long Nipple Hair

Want.

10 Wants.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

rofl xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

lmao wow that was random :p
    good job b:victory
  • Akikoa - Dreamweaver
    Akikoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was just sitting around thinking about this new race and wondering what their aerogear will be when I thought that since the untamed more or less already have the flying fish (mantas) i thought what if the tideborn rode "peter pan"esque flying ships. they could start with a little rowboat dingy and in the boutique get bigger badder ships like a viking longboat or a royal war galleon and anyone who ever seen an untamed Crimson Flametalon will realize that the war galleon could be made HUGE!

Epic Sky Battles Will Ensue.....plus all the other classes will have to worry about airborne piracy....
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since this Mayor updated is only in this version.. is almost imposible to get info from others sites. b:chuckle

We need an Spy in PWI offices...!!!

I want the skill tree!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If theres a new malee class I'll try it... I'm wondering where the new classes starting land will be, I think maybe they'd have to expand the map? b:dirty more land to tw over
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since this Mayor updated is only in this version.. is almost imposible to get info from others sites. b:chuckle

We need an Spy in PWI offices...!!!

I want the skill tree!!!

I volunteer!

...Any job openings PW? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I imagine they would get a swimming buff, since they are a water-based class. Perhaps they would use some sort of wings, just as elves do.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Psychic and Assassin..

i think Psychic will be like counter Spell caster, whit defuff and stuff, like drain , refecl mag damage

Assassin: Maybe , Stealing And Spike Dmg , And long rage whit bleed and stuff focused in DD in main part

Ok like 2 new clases party will be 8 PPl in ?

Many change will ocurd in game soon, rebirth whit 8 (Maybe more HArd wil be)

Hopefully the assassins will be like my sin on rappelz lol hopefully the attack speed at least will be fast. I love seeing 4 digit numbers flyin up and crits 2/3 of the time. I for one am lookin forward to sins(assassins) so dont let me down please pw xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hopefully the assassins will be like my sin on rappelz lol hopefully the attack speed at least will be fast. I love seeing 4 digit numbers flyin up and crits 2/3 of the time. I for one am lookin forward to sins(assassins) so dont let me down please pw xD

yea they will add a broken crossblock too lol
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I imagine they would get a swimming buff, since they are a water-based class.

And then after all the new tideborn have taken that skill PWE will yank it away from half of them for absolutely no reason and not give the spirit back. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would imagine psychics have the ability to use that "Display Attributes" button without needing any items. They are psychic after all b:chuckle
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry about that Spoons. Reposting here.

mermaid.jpg

Is close. (Not my artwork) I just found it randomly. what do you guys think. Could this be similar to what the Tideborns look like? Or at least the Psychics.

And it looks close Spoons unless.. you know more than we do.b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
This discussion has been closed.