[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Okay I have a question...

This may have been mentioned before, I haven't read every post on here, but....

If they put a new race in the game with two new classes, what's going to happen to Rebirths? I mean a rebirth is set to have one of each class, for a total of exactly 6 people, in each and every rebirth. Thoughts?

maybe theyre gona extend squads to 8 ^^

b:shockedor the races wil have similiar DDign abilities like other classes and wil just replace each other
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok ppl what do u think wil teh enw aqua races be able to breateh out of water XD? or wil tehy have water charms? XD

............................................................................................................................................................

rly stop it with the water charms ...............
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to see some sort of multi-party instances set up, like the 40man raids from my old p2p MMO days. Sadly PW really lacks worthwhile instancing, but I'm sure it could be added.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • PerfectChaos - Harshlands
    PerfectChaos - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:dirty new classes b:dirty new race fish people b:dirty oh god yes this is going to rock >_<
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    s_499293.jpg
  • Foxy_Meko - Lost City
    Foxy_Meko - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    here's another link i found
    i know its exactly the same as the other one but i just felt like posting it =P

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/73519

sry if some1 already post this link, i really dont feel like reading over 40 pages
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    here's another link i found

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/73519

sry if some1 already post this link, i really dont feel like reading over 40 pages

didnt but there was a similiar one
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wanna be a Psychic b:cute
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im a spike/crit attack and sneaky player so Assasian all the way :), main reason im an archer haha
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    *laughs at dead thread*
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • thing123
    thing123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    thing123 wrote: »

That last one looks like a nunchucks and staffs
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    we may get new races....but theres no way those weapons are suitable for an assasination...>_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    we may get new races....but theres no way those weapons are suitable for an assasination...>_>

Ninjas use nunchucks...

Michaelangelo.jpg

Violence, blood and random unfitting music (You have been warned): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUkzAa3T4uI

I like this better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q4p8Qz7PCU >.>
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Yes but for the staff i say the lvl req for lvl 51 staff is 105 Str 51 Dex, No where close to what is needed to be an Assassin since its gonna rely on crit spike....

OOO sneaky, these assassin are going 2 have 2 main builds, Dex and Str *grins*

But my only problem is... I dont know which one gives more attack, will they change it so DEX gives more attack like archers or str like warriors and barbs.....OR They could say that both DEX and STR give more attack power, that would be amazin :)

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i want to try out Psychic >:D
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited August 2009
    That last one looks like a nunchucks and staffs

That said Clubs..? at one

more interesting one of them said "staves"

can't wait for there post =/and wait for my spoon...Spoon
    Retired Sage.
  • Syaunei - Heavens Tear
    Syaunei - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I really don't know why people complain about assassin using whips or whatever weapon really.

I've seen enough crazy (read implausible) looking weapons in this game so far, be it clover looking axes bigger than the char itself, crossbows with ridiculous (useless looking) add-ons, patakas, glaives and whatnot...

So why not a whip? To me it's totally plausible. I mean, every class can choose from different weapons, so why wouldn't the assassins be able to use, let's say: whips, dual blades, daggers or whatnot?

We'll just sit back and wait for the expansion. b:victory
    edited August 2009
    can't wait for post ._.
    Retired Sage.
  • Daishar - Dreamweaver
    Daishar - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    maybe theyre gona extend squads to 8 ^^

b:shockedor the races wil have similiar DDign abilities like other classes and wil just replace each other

Squad of 8 could work, but it would affect the rest of game making everything (FBs, TTs, Bosses, etc) go that much faster & easier. And the second solution, big part why Venos are wanted in RB gamma is that you get extra beans `cause you have one of all classes. Other reason is `cause barbs love that bramble :S. If they do release new classes, I`m curious to see how they keep any balance in the game, pve wise. Pvp wise? Let ppl with more experience think `bout it :).

Imo they should fix things that need fixing, throw map extension to keep ppl busy exploring and then, after thinking it through, add new classes if they feel it`s way to go. Like this would ever happen :S.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe they are trying to make everything easier:
    first dominance blessing, now squad of 8 perhaps. instances and rb are gonna be a walk in the park lol
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well a perfect example of a DOT class is a Spear Bm, they use range skills and Bleed skills. Now when everyone has +refine they do about 1k first hit then like..... 72 every other time.... Even with major stacks that damage still sucks and Wing Rise takes away 30% of damage and makes u immune to stun and also the archers evasion covers its lack of phy defense and for mages, its light armor so its not "good" element defense but its not bad.

lol 1 dot isnt what i call a dot class...
    a mage has 2 dots... and thats no dot class too
    what ive been talking of is if u have 5 or more dots,..... not only one dot
    that like i said be4 its not worth laying a finger on dots if u only got 1 or 2
    the idea of dots is that they sum up, while one is maybe doin 5 k over 15 secs, 5 dots would do 25 k over 15 secs.... but if there is a real dot class the damage would be better

u cant compare the classes now with a real dot class.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    lets see..... spear bms have.... Draw Blood, Piercing winds, and Draw blood is fairly spammable but even with 5-10 DOT skills, the higher the refine, the less the damage does. and also if Psychics are debuffs classes, the debuff only helps the first hit, everything else is just the damage it says on the skill. So Debuffs in this this game (endgame pvp, when most people do pk/pvp the most) this class would be totally helpless, it would be worst off then a Cleric (thought clerics are beast pkers). Only way they would be good is if they SUPER OVERPOWERED their DOT, which most would QQ about since they would Breeze by with their overpowering DOTs. So.....

~Silver
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I really hope there is not going to be new race.
    I propably uninstall this game then and start waiting for certain Blizzard game.
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    /faceplam.jpg
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    narc0tix wrote: »
    Tideborn is the name of the race and the 2 new classes are Assasin and Psychic.

OMG really ??????

Note: reading page one of the thread helps b:shutup
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I just saw some screenshots of these...abominable merpeople roaming Arch in some Chinese forums... don't know if they are doctored or meant for the international versions though. They are purple/bluish and have fins for ears. O.o
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    You guys will be seeing some official news on the PWI site next week regarding the upcoming expansion.

oh yeah? will the gold price drop as well b:chuckleb:shedtearb:avoid
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I really hope there is not going to be new race.
    I propably uninstall this game then and start waiting for certain Blizzard game.

Starcraft II? b:chuckle
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    oh yeah? will the gold price drop as well b:chuckleb:shedtearb:avoid

Nope, in fact expect gold prices to skyrocket, since all those new character will need pretty much... everything, and they will mostly be funded by high level players, to whom money is not an issue.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
This discussion has been closed.