[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Options

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    oh yeah? will the gold price drop as well b:chuckleb:shedtearb:avoid

Nope, in fact expect gold prices to skyrocket, since all those new character will need pretty much... everything, and they will mostly be funded by high level players, to whom money is not an issue.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if the class can wield a whip, i will for sure be playing it b:cute
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

less than 24 hours before they announce the BIG NEWS!!! b:cry I can barely contain myself!!! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Try not to explode over your keyboard....or someone else will have to clean it up. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mmmm i doubt theres new class. expecially since 2 of the screen shot i know is the person using genie skills. if they wanted to prove theres a new class, they would have taken the screenshot at their starting town with their equipment using their skills. not someone posing for a screen at lostcity using genie skills>.>
    1 of it is leaf dance, another is relentless courage.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think you missed the point of the images. When you post an article about something that's as of yet unreleased, you likely won't have access to any images of it, so you'd use images from the current version of the game. It's more to give people who don't play the game an idea of what the game itself looks like than to give people an idea of what the new expansion looks like.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Uhhh... isn't that one of those Twilight Witches in TT 3-x?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mmmm i doubt theres new class. expecially since 2 of the screen shot i know is the person using genie skills. if they wanted to prove theres a new class, they would have taken the screenshot at their starting town with their equipment using their skills. not someone posing for a screen at lostcity using genie skills>.>
    1 of it is leaf dance, another is relentless courage.

How about these two?
    Image 1
    Image 2
    (not my images, don't know if they are doctored.)
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How about these two?
    Image 1
    Image 2
    (not my images, don't know if they are doctored.)

oo0o they is nekkid b:quiet
    Don't know if the are doctored, the male's head seems a bit out of sink with the quality of the rest of the character, over all they don't look like they are doctored so someone is very tallented with a close eye to detail or maybe...

Only thing is I thought this was something unreleased and not to be released till winter so I would be surprised if this is legit. If it is good slueth work b:cool

can't wait to hear more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmm, very interesting. Not the first time I've seen a hidden underwater civilization in an online game but it will be something to look foward to. If this goes then we're gonna have new areas, cities, quests, and moreb:victory. Something like this would explain the whip weapons that have been under speculation for some time. But, where did they came from? The Winged Elves, Human and Untamed were created by Pangu, but these creatures were hidden all this time. Since they are a race independant of the races made by Pangu they may even be older than the 3 original races. b:question

...gosh, I just hope they aren't all bald.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • SpankShot - Sanctuary
    SpankShot - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Literatly Jumping with excitment here =]
    should only be a few hours. and im going to make an account and check all the stuff out >.<
    I Never Mean to Steal Aggro,
    Im an archer... its in my DNA. its just... what i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmm, very interesting. Not the first time I've seen a hidden underwater civilization in an online game but it will be something to look foward to. If this goes then we're gonna have new areas, cities, quests, and moreb:victory. Something like this would explain the whip weapons that have been under speculation for some time. But, where did they came from? The Winged Elves, Human and Untamed were created by Pangu, but these creatures were hidden all this time. Since they are a race independant of the races made by Pangu they may even be older than the 3 original races. b:question

...gosh, I just hope they aren't all bald.
    1 word crossbreed.
    Quit.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think you missed the point of the images. When you post an article about something that's as of yet unreleased, you likely won't have access to any images of it, so you'd use images from the current version of the game. It's more to give people who don't play the game an idea of what the game itself looks like than to give people an idea of what the new expansion looks like.
    Dumbest thing I've heard yet.

What your saying basically is that it wasn't written by the Dev's.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For those of you who think the expansion is tonight:

You are aware that they are just releasing information about it, correct? The expansion wont be out for awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yea gotsa wait a few months
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For those of you who think the expansion is tonight:

You are aware that they are just releasing information about it, correct? The expansion wont be out for awhile.

If the information says "no new classes" the forums will explode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I already have the "DarkSniper was right" image uploaded to imageshack.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If the information says "no new classes" the forums will explode.

they'll explode anyway, half the people said they will be mad if there are, and the other half will if there are not. Such is forum life. *shrug*
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sounds like you got a fun day planned for you.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oook... Well, firstly, we dont know if they will be assassins, we dont know if they will be Physchics, what we DO know is: theres a strange Island off the coast of Dream weaver, that looks very... um... Fishy. What I know, is there is a Iron mine on said island ( I managed to bump the wall enough times for it to populate the mine's name on my screen) so my assumption is that this is a newbie area. What isnt known is what the race will look like; but lets take into perspective about the preexisting races, species of mobs, and classes shall we?

Preexisting races are:
    Human
    Elf
    Untamed

each with a coorisponding mob architype; Humans have a similar looking mob to them the undead, Untamed have the werewolves and taurens, elves have.... well.. the harpy looking mobs that fly around boundless grasslands.

SO, heres the theory I have. With speculation of course. Looking at said new land, there is obvious Aquatic structuring, with large fungal blooms, conchshell/coral looking mountains, and, very beachy terrain. This can mean one of two things:

A: They're an aquatic race
    or
    B. We're finally getting that smuf addon that people have been dreaming about (think Dustwraithers) b:sad

Now if it is an aquatic race, An assassin styled class, probably wouldnt fit, heres my theory as to why. As a "tideborn" you would be more likely to be a "harpoonist" of some type, or Aquaman styled mage. (yay I can talk to fishies)

I say this, only due to the currently existing mobs int he game, there are, Dragonmaids, and echomaids using slow skills, and lots of water attacks, (Aquamancer?) which drives me to believe that the caster may be similar.

Now, for the Physical class:

I only say Harpoonist upon looking at the currently existing mobs that are in the water. There are those Lobster mobs in Old heaven's tear ((bad with mindless mobs names >< )) the clam scouts, and lets not forget about everyones favorite scout, Mantavip Scout. Now if the said "tideborn" look like manta, well... it'll be ugleeee!

Further speculation into said race Genie appearance:
    4 genies, Longevity, Discipline, Infliction and Zeal. Dicipline seems to be (IMO) closely linked to Elves due to its starting skill, Longevity seems more for Humans, and Infliction seems more untamed. Zeal looks an awful lot like a mermaid...

So if Tideborn is created, in my opinion it may be another melee/ranged class something that uses spears or Javelins, being a logical choice, based solely upon Mythos of many different cultures, and critters in current game standard.

A tideborn physical dder would to me seem more, Paladin like, but that would be something Bladmaster/barb like. A rouge styled class maybe as well, but that would be Blade/archer/veno, minus the ability to set traps.

Regardless of what the class maybe, Im excited to see what comes next, many people are Xenophobic towards this, or afraid of imbalances. I dont see imbalance, beyond Venomancers phoenixes needing some serious down grading, (blood clot genie skill helps that bleed though) and other classes need help in alot of areas too, *cough* wizards *cough cough*

But in closing, maybe all this new class hype is just a "red herring" and it'll ultimately turn out to be a "loch ness" type of story. Lots of speculation, and ultimately, a really bad smell in the end.

*crosses fingers* Go smurflings!
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hmmm, that all sounds pretty logical.. but how do u explain the whips and staffs in pwidatabase then... haven't seenharpoons there >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am sooooo all about using whips..
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am sooooo all about using whips..

Aren't we all? b:dirty
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I gues we are all b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Aren't we all? b:dirty

You just want to see girls with whips....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You just want to see girls with whips....

b:dirtyvenos with whipsb:dirty

b:dirtydesub:dirty
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hmmm, that all sounds pretty logical.. but how do u explain the whips and staffs in pwidatabase then... haven't seenharpoons there >.>

my understanding was whips were removed due to some issue in the coding with them around the release of PWI. they may have fixed it, but, who knows. My further understanding is it was a melee/caster weapon. Allowing casters to melee also. But that, was a rumor too.

a whip underwater tho? Seems to me like it kinda would be self defeating, but there again where would axes/swords and bows fit in underwater.. Crossbows, logically... but who knows, games dont usually follow logic.

I just have to say I want to be the first to use a whip on one of the tideborn. that way I can say I whipped a fish

This is the thread that never ends.... it just goes on and on my friends....
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    they'll explode anyway, half the people said they will be mad if there are, and the other half will if there are not. Such is forum life. *shrug*

So the forum moderators and administrators better have their mops out and prepared for the chaos. b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • PoleFlex - Lost City
    PoleFlex - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so from the announcements sections im guessing they release their news on tuesdays and thrusdays. surly if a new class was to be implemented it would not be tonight... sadly, but just to get this clear the servers go down at midnight right? so im guessing in the morning we will all either wake up dissapointed. or jumping for joy.
    and also would they release their "official news" on the same day as their release? most likely not...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so from the announcements sections im guessing they release their news on tuesdays and thrusdays. surly if a new class was to be implemented it would not be tonight... sadly, but just to get this clear the servers go down at midnight right? so im guessing in the morning we will all either wake up dissapointed. or jumping for joy.
    and also would they release their "official news" on the same day as their release? most likely not...

Even if they are implementing new classes, it wouldn't be tonight. It would be during the winter when the expansion comes out. They're just releasing more information tonight about the expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.