kinda psses me off but ah well

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *ω* <3333333 I love you
  • Kuroblood - Dreamweaver
    Kuroblood - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Quoted as NOT true! GMs do care losing their jobs if PWI fails b:chuckle

Well they COULD do something...Like sell in AH a big abount of gold for like 120k. All other sellers WILL lower their price if they want to sell b:victory

ok thats the most **** thing they could do. that would really **** up the profit margins and players would just wait for the next time they do that. Then that would cause the games profit to be cut serverly
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok thats the most **** thing they could do. that would really **** up the profit margins and players would just wait for the next time they do that. Then that would cause the games profit to be cut serverly

they would have to do that secretly lulz

i hope they create a incentive to sell gold at lower prices

somehow...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont know whats up with all the complaining lately
    i keep telling, PW is already easy as it is , it isnt hard at all
    to get boutique items without spending a real life dollar

thats the reason i quitted the game I played for years
    and came to PW , cause here im actually able to afford a character

n to see people complaining here when its so easy
    kinda psses me off but ah well

b:surrender

Totally agree. It's sad that it seems like they're dumbing the game down for the QQers. They get the free XP handouts in BH,WQ, etc, and now they want items handed to them too. b:sad
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    Pwnar - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Q__Q cant we all just get along
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    troll4.jpg
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    troll4.jpg
    Im gona have nightmare now b:shocked.
    Quit.
  • Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Zirconium - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    troll4.jpg

You posted in the wrong section, it should be in the "[ Official ] Post picture(s) of yourself! " section b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Sigs >> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/squeek/pages/sigs/sigs.htm
  • MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm loving it actually.. making me some more money.

And if you dont like it, get off the computer go outside do a honest days work and buy some zen online.
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well gold prices seem at about the right break off point. However if you actually factor the costs for the hammers gold is too cheap. You see they would be 200k if the gold buyers just buy gold and then by the hammers for the mil boxes. Given the fact they did the quest themselves and received the reward. For those who don't do the quest, they have to buy these million gold boxes at around 200k. Then purchase a hammer, if its through cash shop. Then they break even at 240k for gold. If it's a player who bought gold through ah to purchase the box and the hammer and didn't sell any gold then he would loose more than what he gained from the mil gold box. The idea for gold sellers is to make some profit from selling. So yeah the hammer does influence the pricing somewhat. However, it is not the only influence in game. Because to be honest i wouldn't buy the box and the hammer just to break even, when i could just profit from my gold in a better way.

Actually everyone is right, from greedy players, to needy players, gm's, and dev's, we all influence gold prices. Supply and demand is one factor, but much like the economy people can regulate the supply. Our governments do this from time to time. We also have crooked politicians who are greedy and allow other business to do crooked things to raise they're profit margins. The needy don't make this better because they buy and buy, even though the complain about pricing. The list is long and all players have mentioned this. It just isn't one thing it's alot of things in the game economy.

The sad thing is this gold could easily end up costing 500k. For that price you might as well purchase gold yes. However, in truth someone is always going to buy it for that price. PWI Malaysia has this same issue here. Gold prices went through the roof. People are still playing and people are still buying. I doubt GM's will put a cap on gold, they might try to regulate again by placing an event to eat up some of the in game currency. I think they need to factor more of the clever people who are able to make huge profits in the event. Thus making it so there is more coin instead of less. However, this goes unlike real life we have more of a say so about pricing here. You see although PWI is the government in their game they do make profit off it. When profit margins lower down they will do something about it then, or if they see they're player base going down.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Stop buying gold. End of Story.
    Quit.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Stop buying gold. End of Story.

Never going to happen. People can say that all they want but only a small percentage of players use the forums. You aren't going to stop people from buying gold through this. If you shout in wc you'll just be ignored. That isn't a logical solution for players. Actually pwi is nice to give this option anyway. There are a lot of mmo's out there where players can't buy the cs currency with in game currency. With cs items being inflated in these games i wasn't surprised the same happen with gold. It's how f2p mmo's work. Not saying it's right, nor am i saying people shouldn't complain but really this is nothing new.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Never going to happen. People can say that all they want but only a small percentage of players use the forums. You aren't going to stop people from buying gold through this. If you shout in wc you'll just be ignored. That isn't a logical solution for players. Actually pwi is nice to give this option anyway. There are a lot of mmo's out there where players can't buy the cs currency with in game currency. With cs items being inflated in these games i wasn't surprised the same happen with gold. It's how f2p mmo's work. Not saying it's right, nor am i saying people shouldn't complain but really this is nothing new.

I think the part that everyone is struggling with the most is overpricers, the only real way to fight it would be if enough people sold gold at a reduced price to the point where the overpricer had to reduce his sale price to make a sale. The volume would need to be high because many overpricers would just buy out the undercuts and list them back at a higher price.

It goes without saying that this won't ever happen because people want to get as much money as they can for gold, unless there is a saint somewhere in the game with enough expendable income to make this happen, the prices will stay as high as "the market will bear"

But I think they will go down over time, not fast enough for some people, the process will be gradual
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The volume would need to be high because many overpricers would just buy out the undercuts and list them back at a higher price.

and what makes this possible... hmm.... lets see...

oh yea!

10 MILLION PER WEEK FOR EACH LAND OWNED
    (and if i'm not mistaken, tier 2 lands give 20mil, and tier 1 lands give 30mil)

sorry for uber-caps, but honestly... is everyone so blind to one of the major -real- problems for the PWI economy?

and we have the GMs complaining about needing a coin sink... well remove or (greatly) reduce the TW land-ownership reward! duh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • doomscyth
    doomscyth Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think the part that everyone is struggling with the most is overpricers, the only real way to fight it would be if enough people sold gold at a reduced price to the point where the overpricer had to reduce his sale price to make a sale. The volume would need to be high because many overpricers would just buy out the undercuts and list them back at a higher price.

It goes without saying that this won't ever happen because people want to get as much money as they can for gold, unless there is a saint somewhere in the game with enough expendable income to make this happen, the prices will stay as high as "the market will bear"

But I think they will go down over time, not fast enough for some people, the process will be gradual

the prices will never go down as long as coin boxes stay in the game. players aren't going to let other players that can afford coin boxes make a insane profit like that.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I agree with you in a sense...but unfortunately the reality of the situation is that there are many people (at least on Lost City), that have a large "dispensable" income. This is due mainly to the levels that we carry and a guild that earns about the equivalent of $3,000 us dollars/250-300mill in coins a WEEK because of territories. I AM NOT blaming that guild...lol...I am using it to make a point.

There are too many factors and the worst part: Once gold begins to drop this is what happens:

Starts here -->

Gold to Sell -- 185,000k
    Gold to Buy -- 165,000k

Then this happens -->

Gold to Buy -- 184,900k
    Gold to Sell -- 201,000k

ONE person can "control" the selling price of Gold. Simple economics, maybe, ridiculous = yes. But the above is the issue really. the second gold begins to drop ---> goes right back up. There are people that will NEVER stop buying Gold regardless of the price. b:surrender

I think another thing too is that you can TRY to flood the market with Gold and coins, however, many of the sales and new additions are back firing.

The reason much of this came about is because of the MASS sales/additions/EVENT that occurred within a very short time period and roughly a few major ones at the same time:

Orbs (ALWAYS a significant increase in Gold during this time so was expected)

Charm Packs

Chest of Coins (which do not get me started I have 24 that I cannot open...lol...not worth buying Gold to lose $$...these are being sold to cs shoppers basically)

New Fashion

New Mounts

Marriage Packs

Tome Pages

Summer Packs

JOLLY JONES (LOL...killer with all these other sales at the same time)

** Now, having said all of that. People DO NOT have to pay 750k plus for a charm, I know this and this could be MUCH worse but.....I will maintain that the server has a select few that have a significant advantage in this game of Economics (as in real life if you want to compare the two)...

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer....

In all honesty....I am making it because I know how to make money, save and sell. But even many of us high levels will NOT be able to keep up with the prices of many items. Meaning...we will have to resort to selling things at atrocious prices...sadly...because I would rather keep things low.

To me it is sad when people are actually making major $$ off of wine mats. Before that was just a supplemental not a full blown "business."

But....time will tell, but I do know that the "gradual" decline idea may be waning, we might be in too deep to change it. Just check other versions...once high enough for long enough = eventually the prices will go even higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't get why you call them "overpricers". If they're selling for a price that people are willing to pay, then everyone walks away with what they want. The only reason to call the items "overpriced" are greedy buyers who feel entitled to get items for cheaper than they are worth. b:cute

We've had a situation where prices got wrecked by people using actual game exploits (duke rose coin glitch), and in that case the GMs intervened decisively to restore order. Right now, though, people are just willing to pay more for gold and for cash shop items. More and higher level players has presumably lead to an increase in demand, pushing up prices (coin boxes also increase the demand for gold). There's nothing wrong with that, no one is exploiting the system.

Personally, I'm glad that there are people selling cash shop items for coins. It's convenient, and often actually cheaper than buying the gold myself. And if I think something is a bad deal, well, no one is forcing me to buy.

The last line of spoon's post has me intrigued. It's an interesting exercise trying to estimate which prices will rise or fall over time. The supply of coins is pretty much going to rise over time, but the same is true of many in-game drops. You'd have to figure out the relative rates, but in my experience, TT mat prices and mold prices tend to fall over time. Mat prices are less clear. Subs and mats seem to rise and fall separately, which honestly freaks me out a bit. b:shocked

Cash shop items, though, are tied to the price of gold, and that price I think will rise over time, especially with those coin chests turning gold into coins (there's no better way to raise gold prices than to take gold out of the system and add coins in). I could be wrong, though, and I'd certainly be happy to hear that the coin sinks are doing their job and keeping the supply of coins per player from rising (obviously with more players the total quantity of coins will still rise).
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    So I can see WHY prices went high as they are and who is to blame but any possible solution that works for pwi and the player b:question.
    Quit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Maybe I should make clear that I am not QQ'ing about this....

I can get what I need for reasonable prices by buying from friends.

But the fact of the matter is, is there is really nothing that the GM's can do.

As stated above, as long as people are willing to buy items at the cost they are being sold for then the pricing will remain what it is.

OK...I lied...I will QQ about the 24 Chest of Coins I have in my inventory b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    OK...I lied...I will QQ about the 24 Chest of Coins I have in my inventory b:chuckle

You can give them to me b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009

or ME! Wait, wrong server. Rescinded
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009

You actually have a character, spoons?

Putting out a bounty, 2m to whoever kills/embraces him first.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    You actually have a character, spoons?

Putting out a bounty, 2m to whoever kills/embraces him first.

uh yeah. And you'll never know who I am anyway b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009

I have made deals with people....get me a Hammer and we split the chest. But this only works when you can get a Hammer for a very good deal. I have been able to open a few.

b:cry You never visit me b:cry....PvE server...psh b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    unless your pvp server is felucca then no b:chuckle
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009

You can't mention other games on the PWI forums! You'll get banned by a GM!

and let's split those chests, I know a guy b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009

LOL.....isn't that a boat? LOL!!

I think I need more coffee....b:chuckle

PM me in-game.... <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009

I didn't did I? that's right, still within the rules. a felucca is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felucca
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009

You can't fool me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009

Lol...nice one. But for those of us who got both references b:cuteb:victory
    You can't fool me!

Lol.....we too pro Nakhimov....and damn IQ's b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.