-__-high gold prices

Options
123457»

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Like TT runs, once most people start doing them, mat prices came down, however, there was lots of money made out of those RB runs....

It was so good, that from a time/effort perspective, running RB was more profitable than running TT. And that was before the bonus boxes you get now, which, if you charge zen, make it even more "profitable".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have no experience with gamma but the bestowal mobs in delta drop massive amounts of coin. Something like 700k coin for a complete delta. That is in addition to 3 coins chests, 1 - 3 Old Book Pages, 25 tome frags, and the occasional immaculate / perfect shard.

The only problem is that it takes 3.5 hours to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Because, all those people can do RBs now...... Do a search for Rebirths. Up to about 3 months ago, Nobody talked about it, than guides started to show up... Now people do so many rebirths that tome frags are all but free.... (20k a piece.... down from 1 million each about 2-3 months ago)
    That's an interesting theory. I wonder though, because prices plummeted on Sanctuary at the same time Gold prices were at their low (<100k). People were doing Rebirth like crazy, Tomes were dirt cheap, Gold was dirt cheap, everything was dirt cheap. Then came Jolly Jones/endless sales/coin boxes.

So while I admit your theory sounds interesting, the dates and prices just don't seem to add up as far as Sanctuary is concerned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Gyfur - Heavens Tear
    Gyfur - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think the part that everyone is struggling with the most is overpricers, the only real way to fight it would be if enough people sold gold at a reduced price to the point where the overpricer had to reduce his sale price to make a sale. The volume would need to be high because many overpricers would just buy out the undercuts and list them back at a higher price.

It goes without saying that this won't ever happen because people want to get as much money as they can for gold, unless there is a saint somewhere in the game with enough expendable income to make this happen, the prices will stay as high as "the market will bear"

But I think they will go down over time, not fast enough for some people, the process will be gradual

how about a gold lock???????

which sets 100K per gold!!!

for example: hellfire drake 25 gold = 2.5 million coins and not 6 mill!

dont post things like people r leaving if that happens!

cuz people r soon gonna leave due enormous gold prices!!!b:angry
  • YukiChana - Harshlands
    YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:cute b:thanks b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    how about a gold lock???????

which sets 100K per gold!!!

for example: hellfire drake 25 gold = 2.5 million coins and not 6 mill!

dont post things like people r leaving if that happens!

cuz people r soon gonna leave due enormous gold prices!!!b:angry

You really should read other post: The GM's have no control over the price of gold, quit crying about it and go earn some coin.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The price of gold is set by the players, not the GM's, not the developers, the players. They're never going to tell the players what price they can or cannot sell their gold and items for. Don't want to pay 200,000 coins per gold? Then don't.

coin boxes.../thread
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you're joking right?
    RB generating money? Well, prolly for a veno. The rest of us have insane repair bills. The cash drop I had after each wave kinda' covered the repais + maybe 160k net worth at the end. U get an immaculate citrine if you're lucky, but u have to split it in 4, so that's what, about 600k? Tome fragments are worthless now. Whoever was in the first rebirth wave, yeah, they sold the tomes at 300k. But it's not the case now.

And archers. 20k for arrows, 40k for repairs, 10k on event pots.

Rest is pure profit.

/offtopic

Anyone who thinks the developers have absolutely no ability to influence or control gold prices is an idiot. They just choose not to.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm calling this a necro, since it's been dead for a day shy of a month and there are more recent topics on the exact same subject
This discussion has been closed.