-__-high gold prices

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol.....we too pro Nakhimov....and damn IQ's b:surrender

We've gotta bring up the forum average somehow b:chuckle
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We've gotta bring up the forum average somehow b:chuckle

b:thanksb:victory So very true....so so very true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    on topic please b:victory

QQ gold is expensive and I still need to max my aero

better? b:shocked

it's back over 200k again, isn't it?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    on topic please b:victory

Spoons....you steer us then bring us back in...stop the madness...I blaming you for this off-course session. b:sad

On Topic ---> As a player...what do you think of the Gold/Item pricing? I am sure as both a player and a GM you can see things from two different angels BUT = Are you going with it all? Or are you yourself hoping for a solution/resolution? Or, maybe it does not bother you since things could be worse?
    QQ gold is expensive and I still need to max my aero

better? b:shocked

it's back over 200k again, isn't it?

LOL....and yes has been back above 200k since yesterday. I was able to buy some Gold for 185k last night!!! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    I can't really tell you my personal opinion, because it involves more people buying ZEN to flood the market. Not that it would completely work anyway, but it would help some, and I'll get flamed for mentioning it.

IN

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I can't really tell you my personal opinion, because it involves more people buying ZEN to flood the market. Not that it would completely work anyway, but it would help some, and I'll get flamed for mentioning it.

IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos b:surrender

But I think you're right, there needs to be more gold buying: perhaps changing the zen/gold ratio to inflate a bit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009

IN

An odd opening statement but sadly I get it...lol.

Anyways, I am not saying that more people need to buy Zen. However, you have to keep in mind a few things = the player base, time of year (school back in session for some), new "things" coming, boredom, frustration...

Some people are no longer willing to "charge," although a lot of people are and some are getting quite rich.

I think that the "free" Zen was a novel idea but in some respects backfired.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

PS ---> I respect the GM's quite a bit HOWEVER the most frustrating thing (and I understand bc of the nature of the position) is the vagueness that comes with many of the "answers"/"solutions"/"ideas"...This is the reason many are so angry or frustrated. Understandable, but.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Gold prices went high because of the countless sales that were introduced every week. There was something everyone wanted at any given time so gold prices just went sky high.
    Who has benefits from this?
    - cash shop users. I mean, 10$ will land you +2 mil ingame cash, and that's making someone who puts RL money into this game somehow happy. I bet no one would mind to have 500k/gold from their point of view.
    - PWI. As long as the gold prices are high players will be more likely to put cash in PWIs pockets. Low gold prices will only make the ones that are really hardcore to put RL cash into this game. Hight gold prices = much more players interested.
    Who's mad at this:
    - ppl that work their arses in game and don't have/can't load RL money to buy something from CS.

Gold prices will never go down. Well, not from in-game or PWI actions anyway. There are buch of MMORPG on the brink of launch for this month/this fall and if PWI will do nothing to change what's happening in game they will lose a lot of server population to these new games. There will be a migration of heavy cash shop players but also a migration of the ones forced to buy gold at insane prices for items you need in your gameplay. When the demand for gold will drop the income in PWI pockets will become smaler.

Good luck PWI, take advantage of this as long as u can ( about 3 weeks more if the guys at....Axxx did a good job).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009

But I think you're right, there needs to be more gold buying: perhaps changing the zen/gold ratio to inflate a bit?

change the cost of living in America too, that's the biggest problem with that idea
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

lol no, that would just increase in-game inflation for things purchased with coin besides gold, which in turn would also raise the price of gold since there would also be more disposable coins available.

The problem is that people think it is one market that they are trying to balance, when in fact we are talking 2 related but different markets.

It is similar to how oil prices impact the price of your hair shampoo....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    lol no, that would just increase in-game inflation for things purchased with coin besides gold, which in turn would also raise the price of gold since there would also be more disposable coins available.

The problem is that people think it is one market that they are trying to balance, when in fact we are talking 2 related but different markets.

^^ That ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009

You're over-reducing, basically.

I'm not saying HALF PRICE ZEN ALL THE TIME OMG, but rather, perhaps an extra 10% or so max. Brings down gold price without massive inflation

Also I clean my hair with crude oil, I don't see your point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009

That explains how you get it so sleek (looks at your forum avatar).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    You're over-reducing, basically.

I'm not saying HALF PRICE ZEN ALL THE TIME OMG, but rather, perhaps an extra 10% or so max. Brings down gold price without massive inflation

b:sweat Nakhimov

Omg....half price Zen....b:dirty I would charge b:surrender

LMAO!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009

I also sell used cars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I also sell used cars.

Now you are really scaring me b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    b:sweat Nakhimov

Omg....half price Zen....b:dirty I would charge b:surrender

LMAO!!!

Yups, and you would open all your 30 coin boxes, dumping, in just seconds, 30million coins into the economy... now multiply that by all the high levels that have 30+ boxes and you would see the prices on TT mats sky rocket.... Not to mention USubs...
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Now you are really scaring me b:chuckle

Actually I freelance electronics repairs b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Actually I freelance electronics repairs b:cute

on used cars?
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    on used cars?

YES AND HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOUUUUUU

realtor-715659.jpg

edit: that isn't me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lloic - Lost City
    Lloic - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Would having npcs sell hammers help reduce the gold problem?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    YES AND HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOUUUUUU

realtor-715659.jpg

edit: that isn't me

LMAO!!!

Now...before someone else says it....

Gold Prices are too high b:surrender

<---- See Spoons on topic b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol i think there are lot's of zen buyers just not alot of them are selling the gold they buy. It would take tons of zen to lower the demand for gold. Like it was said people who make millions in tw wars, or jolly jones etc. Can just simply buy up the lower gold and sell it higher. So you would probably have to remove a lot of in game currency first before you flood the market with zen. Lol but to be honest having a sale while trying to accomplish this is just going to throw all efforts out the window. Also at the rate both currencies are going, if nothing is done then i highly doubt they will go down. All it takes is another sale and we've done a full circle lol.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009

actually that's an interesting suggestion: most people buy them cause you need them for supply stash and for coin boxes as well... however the cost of the hammers would have to be less than that of the boxes, dumping more coins into the economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009

The NPCs would have to sell the hammers for 1mill each.... Which would make no sense....

If you were to sell the hammers for less than 1 million each, than you would be adding to the inflation by dumping even more coins into the economy.
  • Gildorn - Dreamweaver
    Gildorn - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, I have always been glad that there is an option of buying cash items through ingame coins so that's better than nothing. I abandoned buying any gold when they raised them over 140k, and it's not that bad. I make mana and health rechargers as an apothecary to replace charms, stopped using teles and buying esos. Sometimes I do need to grind some coins for dragon orbs and that's all. Gold in not an only feature of this game!
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    The NPCs would have to sell the hammers for 1mill each.... Which would make no sense....

Sure it would, you'd free up a slot in your inventory b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009

That entire concept of the coins and hammers makes no sense...lol.

Should have been a separate item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    That entire concept of the coins and hammers makes no sense...lol.

Should have been a separate item.

It's to fix gold price around 200k, or at least I think that's the idea.

And a bad one at that b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.