-__-high gold prices

Comments

• XImmortelle - Dreamweaver
    XImmortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ISomething needs to be done about the prices. I may be able to afford things with little trouble, but that does not mean I'm willing to pay the current insane prices.

no you need to realise that its good this way
    youre talkin about greedy people in your sig
    but you, yourself, want it all better n better n youre not even satisfied
    with the fact that getting boutique items is easy enough in this game
    no the prices for gold has to be lower so you dont have to put any
    effort in getting it anymore. seriously.. you have a choice to play or not
    did you know that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *ω* <3333333 I love you
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Going by your definition anyone who gets coin from anything other than a mob drop is ruining the economy. Catshops mean reselling for profit, AH means reselling for profit, buying to resell is for profit. All of that profit raises the price of the items. Do you only get coin from the mobs you kill (and vendor all items, unless you sell it at the vendor value to another player)? If not, you do the same thing you complain about others doing, although possibly to a different extent.

As a matter of fact, yes I do NPC everything. If I buy an item I sell it for the same price I bought it for, or even lower. I've been known to buy a fashion item from the AH, see that it wasn't quite the color I was looking for (this was before the try on option of course) then put it back in the AH for 100k less than I bought it for. Why? Because I care about the good of the server, not my wallet.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Saying that GMs have no effect on gold prices is like saying the Fed has no effect on the economy.

While it is true the actual price is set by supply and demand, GMs can influence this:
    • Weekend 15% zen sales
    • Getting "free" zen from offers
    • Introducing new fashion / mounts
    • Sales on existing items
    • Price reductions on CS items

The biggest action that has a long term effect on gold prices was the introduction of a coin chest that costs 5 gold to open. This created a huge demand for gold (to open these chests) and this drove prices up.

If GMs wanted to lower gold prices they could:
    - Remove coin chest rewards
    - Give greater incentive to buying zen (like the target / 7 eleven cards)
    - Permanently reduce the price of zen
    - Introduce more events that require large amounts of coin to participate in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Another jolly jones type event with a coin option ONLY will help the problem. No cash shop items should be able to be used.
    Main characters
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009

And they could also reduce or remove the cash rewards for some events, ie: The cube and RB... the xp rewards for doing them should be the motivation, shouldnt need X amount of Gc aswell
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    High gold price is good for PWI in my believe. when gold reach 400k (it is not impossible), no one will be able to afford charm and other CS items unless you charge. it has no affect for player who actually charges, because the CS items are still at the same price (Gold Charm is still 4G). so why most of people are thinking that PWI will help to lower the gold price? I know some people will says a lots of players will leave the game, but only PWI knows how many active players they have, they know what they are doing when they decide to sell in-game currency almost directly (gold hammer).
    I do not like high gold price, but I now try to make myself just accept it and expecting gold price to keep rising. I will stay until i can longer afford to play this game.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    High gold price is good for PWI in my believe. when gold reach 400k (it is not impossible), no one will be able to afford charm and other CS items unless you charge. it has no affect for player who actually charges, because the CS items are still at the same price (Gold Charm is still 4G). so why most of people are thinking that PWI will help to lower the gold price? I know some people will says a lots of players will leave the game, but only PWI knows how many active players they have, they know what they are doing when they decide to sell in-game currency almost directly (gold hammer).
    I do not like high gold price, but I now try to make myself just accept it and expecting gold price to keep rising. I will stay until i can longer afford to play this game.

It seems jade dynasty is having the same problem right now. Here is a post from their forums showing show high gold prices are bad. The cash shop currency in JD is known as Jaden for those who do not know.

http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=978041&postcount=34
    Main characters
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lower the prices seriousely im not paying 200k+ for 1 gold.
    Good for you! That helps me out just fine, because I've been buying all day, so by not competing with me you're helping me out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009

that would be awesome, considering 7-11 has yet to restock on PWi Cash Cards since the old event.b:angry
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe if people do not buy CS stuff they will finaly learn how to play this game without crutches and stop complaining about everything....

I do TT 1-3 and 2-x runs with one cleric and one barb, both of whom do not have charms, and we kill every boss. It is really not that hard to do it, if you know how to play this game. (not comenting on the PVP aspects, since, as with RL, the one that spends the most money will have an advantage).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well it screws up the cat shop prices.Like every time i world shout that i want to buy something.I get this stupid debate over prices and the person doesnt even have the stuff i want.Its fustraitingb:cold well this game is fun but this part of the game make it lame.b:beatup

At least in this game you CAN trade gold unlike some others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Saying that GMs have no effect on gold prices is like saying the Fed has no effect on the economy.

While it is true the actual price is set by supply and demand, GMs can influence this:
    • Weekend 15% zen sales
    • Getting "free" zen from offers
    • Introducing new fashion / mounts
    • Sales on existing items
    • Price reductions on CS items

The biggest action that has a long term effect on gold prices was the introduction of a coin chest that costs 5 gold to open. This created a huge demand for gold (to open these chests) and this drove prices up.

If GMs wanted to lower gold prices they could:
    - Remove coin chest rewards
    - Permanently reduce the price of zen

I never said that PWE has no influence over gold prices, they influence the supply and demand of gold by doing bonus Zen events, introducing items that people want to the boutique, reducing prices of said items, etc. I said they don't control them. The GM's and developers don't just sit down and say "Alright, here's what we're going to do. We're going to set the price that our players sell gold at to ___ coins per gold. All players selling gold will have to sell it at exactly this price, no more, no less."
  • MuraSun - Sanctuary
    MuraSun - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The GM's and developers don't just sit down and say "Alright, here's what we're going to do. We're going to set the price that our players sell gold at to ___ coins per gold. All players selling gold will have to sell it at exactly this price, no more, no less."

They pretty much did this with the coin boxes from the cube and from RB. With these in, the price of gold won't drop below a certain point, because it would be more profitable for the gold buyer to just buy a consumable hammer and crack open the chest. This doesn't set a maximum price for gold though, just a minimum...

P.S. When I said that they "pretty much" did this, I meant that this is exactly what they did.
    Audeamus Member
    edited August 2009
    No, they influenced the price, they did not set it. None of the staff of PWE told the players "Hey, you should start selling gold for 200k since you can get lots of coins from these treasure chests."
  • MuraSun - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Still, they did set a minimum price of gold by making boxes that will give you 1m coins by using 5 gold. Why would a gold seller seller sell 5 gold to another player for say 120k each when they could use the gold to buy a hammer and make around the equivilent of 200k per gold. It is this way that the price of gold has been set, or at least the minimum price of it.
    Audeamus Member
    edited August 2009
    On the other hand why would you pay one million coins for five gold to get the hammer, so that you can get one million coins. And again, it's the decision of the players to sell the gold for that price, not the staff. They may influence the price of gold and items, but they don't control the prices.
  • MuraSun - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    You are missing the point... People don't just use gold to buy hammers you know.

Hammers mean that 5g = 1m coins minimum. Someone selling gold who wants to make more profit as they can will sell gold for even higher. Now, lets say you wanted to buy 5 gold in game and get a reset note. You will not be able to buy it for under ~200k per gold. Nobody would sell it to you cheaper, because these boutique hammers still equal a set price.
    Audeamus Member
    edited August 2009
    The problem with that theory is that when they had the bonus Zen event just the other weekend, the price of gold on Dreamweaver was below 200k.
  • MuraSun - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Yes that's correct, because the chests are worth about 100k - 200k on their own. The minimum price would be around 180k or something like that. We're seeing higher than that though because, well, who would sell for the minimum if they didn't have to?
    Audeamus Member
    edited August 2009
    It's actually a fairly sound business model. You undercut the competition, say sell your gold for 150k, that's basically how stores like Wal Mart operate.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    It's actually a fairly sound business model. You undercut the competition, say sell your gold for 150k, that's basically how stores like Wal Mart operate.

This does not work when your competition buys your entire stock then sells it for higher themselves. It defeats the entire point of selling it lower, and also makes sure no price ever goes down, which as we all know, is bad for the game.
    Main characters
    edited August 2009
    Actually, that does happen with stores like Wal Mart, especially with things people know there will only be a few of and that everyone will want like new video game systems. They'll go to Wal Mart, buy up all of the newest Playstation or Nintendo or whatever, then sell it for at least twice the price they paid for it. Doesn't matter to the store what happens to the product after they've sold it. The purpose of undercutting the competition isn't to bring prices down, the purpose is to get people to buy from you and not the other guy.
    edited August 2009
    Yes that's correct, because the chests are worth about 100k - 200k on their own. The minimum price would be around 180k or something like that. We're seeing higher than that though because, well, who would sell for the minimum if they didn't have to?

Gold was at 160k last monday..

How would you explain that based on your assumptions?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Actually, that does happen with stores like Wal Mart, especially with things people know there will only be a few of and that everyone will want like new video game systems. They'll go to Wal Mart, buy up all of the newest Playstation or Nintendo or whatever, then sell it for at least twice the price they paid for it. Doesn't matter to the store what happens to the product after they've sold it. The purpose of undercutting the competition isn't to bring prices down, the purpose is to get people to buy from you and not the other guy.

Rob from the poor, give to the rich. That's all reselling is. You are stealing from the poor by buying everything that they could afford, and giving to the rich by making sure only the rich can afford it, and people wonder why the real life economy is so bad right now? THAT'S WHY.
    Main characters
    edited August 2009
    Rob from the poor, give to the rich. That's all reselling is. You are stealing from the poor by buying everything that they could afford, and giving to the rich by making sure only the rich can afford it, and people wonder why the real life economy is so bad right now? THAT'S WHY.

Didn't the poor have the same chance to get into the store when it opened to buy those same items?

Also, how do you think rich people get rich? I can tell you it is not by wasting their money....... If you have one item and it costs 2 different prices at 2 different stores, I can assure you that the rich people will also buy the cheaper of the two, everything else being the same....
    edited August 2009
    Actually the economy is in lousy shape mostly because of all the idiots who decided they weren't content with renting and wanted to own their own homes, and so they took out loans that they could never realistically pay off not to mention all the fools who thought it was a bright idea to get a bunch of credit cards and not pay them off.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This does not work when your competition buys your entire stock then sells it for higher themselves. It defeats the entire point of selling it lower, and also makes sure no price ever goes down, which as we all know, is bad for the game.
    If someone buys your entire stock of cash shop items and resells it, what is the problem? Simply take the money he paid you and buy more of the CS items and put them for sale again at your original price. Eventually one of two things will happen:

(A) He will go broke. You will have all his cash. He will have all inventory and no cash, and he will be unable to sell the items in his inventory since you keep undercutting his prices. This is the market's way of telling him that his prices are too high. Sucks to be him.

(B) He will keep buying you out. This means the price you are setting is below market price. He is able to sell everything he's buying from you but at his prices. So clearly there's enough demand out there to support the higher price. This is the market's way of telling you that your prices are too low. Sucks to be you.

The market prices is where supply matches demand. If we were to adopt the "lowest possible price" method you advocate, there would be widespread shortages because at the lower price, demand would far exceed supply.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The price of gold is set by the players, not the GM's, not the developers, the players. They're never going to tell the players what price they can or cannot sell their gold and items for. Don't want to pay 200,000 coins per gold? Then don't.

Bzzzt. Wrong.

Used to be the case once upon a time. Coin boxes and Jolly Jones would like to have a word with you though. b:bye
    b:dirty
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    omg sooo sorry i created this post.I jus wanted a answer from the GM'S and wonder what they thinkb:sweatb:tired plz close it b:infuriated
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe if people do not buy CS stuff they will finaly learn how to play this game without crutches and stop complaining about everything....

I do TT 1-3 and 2-x runs with one cleric and one barb, both of whom do not have charms, and we kill every boss. It is really not that hard to do it, if you know how to play this game. (not comenting on the PVP aspects, since, as with RL, the one that spends the most money will have an advantage).

i need you on my Fl
    <tt hoe b:surrender

btw whats with all the gold price qq threads b:surrender
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.