[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Psychics should have the power to TOTALLY win The Game.

...which I just lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    maybe ittl consume they're HP to heal mana O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • ShinKizou - Sanctuary
    ShinKizou - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Few, keep talking unbalance. I say progression, this is a dream come true. I wanted to play this game as an assasin or something epic for once, They made this game with complete balance and thought well and long ahead, this is a break through for the up-most respect. For what i say, coming from a Blademaster's perspective, PREPARE for these new beings(1000 year oldb:chuckle) or in my case, become the class b:victory. So yes the genies were a jump and became experties of most, then corrected and glad. I'm sure they will do the same for the new race imbued in this wonderful game ;]

(besides they where here before we were ;D)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I also heard they're raising the level cap to 85 and adding gobli--- oh, wait.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    the cap is 105 already O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Come to think of it....I remember a thread a short while back about a new race and Xarfox replied something like "Maybe, maybe not. ;)" and not in any other rumour/suggestion thread. So it's either really is what's coming up or it's false rumour to distract us from the real thing. Hmm....
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1 class
    -has a skill to oneshot veno pets

O dear... let the QQing begin *sighs*
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Come to think of it....I remember a thread a short while back about a new race and Xarfox replied something like "Maybe, maybe not. ;)" and not in any other rumour/suggestion thread. So it's either really is what's coming up or it's false rumour to distract us from the real thing. Hmm....

It's still fun to speculate :P And it would be great to have some awesome suprise instead of... fishes....
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009

i think that was my thread b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Akie_Sano - Sanctuary
    Akie_Sano - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah right..
  • Gregen - Lost City
    Gregen - Lost City Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What I want to see is a bigger map.
    edited August 2009
    Yeah right..

lol jealous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Or it could be a double bluff to make people like me think it is a bluff and fuel more uncertainty.

....And it's working. b:embarrass
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Yeah right..

o_o... yeah right to this thead? Or were you replying to a specific person :P And if the former... what makes you say that?
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    the cap is 105 already O_O

Way to completely miss the point...
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Way to completely miss the point...

O i didnt get it till now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Speculation: Psychics can "heal" mana, helping all other classes gain a ridiculous amount of MP back during battle.

Thus, a Psychic could help a Cleric sustain Regeneration Aura without the help of a charm or apothecary items. Same with Archers / Barrage, etc.

I like your speculation...but I don't think PW would do that since it will bring down their mp charm sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im gonna RQ hard if they just come out with an assassin class... and we got the Lost Empire expansion as our first.. didnt we?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    im gonna RQ hard if they just come out with an assassin class... and we got the Lost Empire expansion as our first.. didnt we?

b:scorn

All talk, no bite, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What I want to see is a bigger map.

I would also like to see a larger map, particularly the ocean part on the right side of the map, since this is a sea race
  • Aurin - Dreamweaver
    Aurin - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    eeh....yuck. big update mean no pw for weeks....
    other than that looks good
    Ill get real about training once i have a fraction/ new classes pop up
    b:surrender
    Im looking for a fraction
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    heheheheheheheh ahahahahahaha
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It takes you weeks to patch? That's some fail internets right there
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    eeh....yuck. big update mean no pw for weeks....
    other than that looks good

If its taking you weeks to patch, try to use the manual patch

its much fasterb:pleased
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It takes you weeks to patch? That's some fail internets right there

Maybe he hasnt got the net ? b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Tideborn - Sounds like a fish like race. Really I'd expect them to have pale blue skin and silver hair but this game allows you to change skin color so I'm not sure what to expect for their appearance. Perhaps they will take a cue from tt90 LA and have odd fins poking out everywhere?

I am expecting for both genders to be available for the new classes

Assassin - Probably the standard high physical damage mellee class. Likely will have some sort of cloaking and stealth aspects. Perhaps if they remain still for a period of time they blend in with their surroundings. It would be neat to see some Predator-esque refractive cloaking.

Weapons: Hmmm what weapons would they use though? Blades probably.

Skills: I would think their skills would be based around quick strikes and dependent on their cloaked state. Perhaps traps with various debuffs and ensnarements would be in their skill set as well.

Squad buff: Attack rate increase

Psychic - Definitely not a physical type. I would say magic but how would this class be differentiated from a cleric or wizard?

Perhaps this class is based around controlling mobs and players, taking control of their actions. Imagine casting a skill on an archer to have him suddenly go into an automated frenzy attacking his own squad members :) Imagine wresting control of a phoenix away from a venomancer and have the pet turn on the master. It would be an interesting mechanic though I'm not sure if this will be the way the would take it. I'm not sure what kind of resistance people would have against this.

Weapons: I guess they'd use the same magic weapons available to all classes.

Skills: Mind control, various debuffs on channeling rate.

Anyone else want to speculate? XD

Squad buff: Resistance to movement impairing effects? Channeling rate increase
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    there you are asterelle, we've been waitingb:shocked
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Tideborn - Sounds like a fish like race. Really I'd expect them to have pale blue skin and silver hair but this game allows you to change skin color so I'm not sure what to expect for their appearance. Perhaps they will take a cue from tt90 LA and have odd fins poking out everywhere?

I hope you don't mind but i posted this for you like 4 or 5 pages ago since you hadn't yet b:surrender
  • Seemen - Lost City
    Seemen - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to PW Rogues and DKs...

Oh wait, no I'm not, balance issues are ignored with only 6 classes already.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to PW Rogues and DKs...

Oh wait, no I'm not, balance issues are ignored with only 6 classes already.

let's keep the references to other games out, speculation is good but it's way too soon to cast judgements
This discussion has been closed.