[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Comments

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NOTE: I am not replying to Dianocus's post. In fact I didn't see it at all until now.

Whips are hardly fatal. A whip really doesn't sound right for "assassins", who are generally supposed to kill quick and swiftly. Archers are generally the real assassins, as they can snipe and one-shot kill from afar. Whips would deal the lowest damage of all weapons.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Whips are hardly fatal. A whip really doesn't sound right for "assassins", who are generally supposed to kill quick and swiftly. Archers are generally the real assassins, as they can snipe and one-shot kill from afar. Whips would deal the lowest damage by far.

Maybe the whips will instead be like this. I wouldn't mind that, in fact i'd welcome it b:dirty
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lulz for a assasination a hiden blade or something like that is better then a WHIP X_X

i wonder if the new races will be freaks O_O
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I definately cant wait to see whats in store. This game needs a major boost, and Im not so quick to knock something that has not been released yet.

Im looking forward to see how this expansion will make the present game :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    b:laughi bet theres gona be boutique stuf for the enw racesb:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    I wonder what they might fly on? Any ideas?
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well since we are all speculating:

Imo the whip would be more suited to the assassin class, kinda thinking female only **** warrior caste lol b:dirty

Skills hmm maybe not invisibilty etc but high dex build class with a few stuns

Psychic i would guess if assassin female only would be male only, and would be the priests of the race, and so would use the pole/staff.

Skills: Maybe a mix of offensive spells and squad buffs/heals, not as powerful as a pure wiz or cleric but a mix of both classes
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Pieces of Coral?b:laugh
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    maybe the assaains will be like the MODO from JD.with the claws

or the psychics can transform or somethin IDK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

XD this had me rofling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i just wrote a whole QQ letter but , i'm sick of QQ ing

you guys know there r probs with veno's etc *hint*hint*

fix the balance or well i'll put it this way "hello new game wich name i can't write in this forum"

it's all about sales sales and sales now another expansion , don't get me wrong i like changes and expansions but , everything at the right time .

ok still QQ but , much shorter version then b4 b:chuckle

A worried cleric
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2009

hmm now u mention it o_O
    they had some sorta patch with a fish mount >_< lmao
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009

Or fish!
    ♪ I'm a little fishy watch me fly away! Wheeee! ♫

b:laugh
    Non-mule characters:

• Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Or fish!

yes, when they click the fly button, a fish shoots from the ground and they fly awayb:chuckle
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    From what i can see on the database whips of the same level requirement take faar less of both strength and dex to use :P Level 23 whip and Level 23 fist

And the staffs seem to take a ton of strength >_< and a bit of dex lvl 21 staff

I don't know if any of this is interesting, it's just what i could tell after a little looking b:shutup
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I assume the new weapons that is listed on PWI Database has to do with the new races. The Assasins using the pole like weapons where the Psychic uses the whips.
    Whips are hardly fatal. A whip really doesn't sound right for "assassins", who are generally supposed to kill quick and swiftly. Archers are generally the real assassins, as they can snipe and one-shot kill from afar. Whips would deal the lowest damage of all weapons.

If you actually read my post. I said nothing about Assassins using whips.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    OMFG funny stuff
    relating to flexfits post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Or fish!

lol.....i highly doubt theyre gona be on fishiesb:surrendersince untamed have that....plz seriously enough fish smell T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    spoons you tell us right now I will name my first child

eatswithspoons
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    If you actually read my post. I said nothing about Assassins using whips.

If you read my post, you would see that I didn't quote you or anyone else for that matter and was replying to the sub-topic about assassins having whips.
    Non-mule characters:

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you read my post, you would see that I didn't quote you or anyone for that matter and was replying to the sub-topic about assassins having whips.

If you read my post, you'd realize that it needs MOAR DESU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    If you read my post, you would see that I didn't quote you or anyone else for that matter and was replying to the sub-topic about assassins having whips.

if u read my post u can see that i dislike fish and am confused about the new fishy races b:avoid

EDIT:damn u kon xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I thought that the water race thing sounded familiar....And then I checked the Suggestions Forum and found this:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=377271

Which is basically what is being said here, only possibly a bit specific......but it's a suggestion from a player, not an official announcement.

I don't know, just found it interesting to me that something similar to a suggestion would leak as an official expansion.....
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I thought that the water race thing sounded familiar....And then I checked the Suggestions Forum and found this:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=377271

Which is basically what is being said here, only possibly a bit specific......but it's a suggestion from a player, not an official announcement.

I don't know, just found it interesting to me that something similar to a suggestion would leak as an official expansion.....

ur not the only 1 lol

am i the only1 suspecting soem ppl b:sin for making us greedy for new stuff?b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Ok jokes over guys. Let's not let this esculate into a flame war. ;)

I wonder if the psychic class can kill with the power of their mind? b:laugh
    Non-mule characters:

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Speculation: Psychics can "heal" mana, helping all other classes gain a ridiculous amount of MP back during battle.

Thus, a Psychic could help a Cleric sustain Regeneration Aura without the help of a charm or apothecary items. Same with Archers / Barrage, etc.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Ok jokes over guys. Let's not let this esculate into a flame war. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos Muhaha, we didn't start it!!!
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    speculation: Psychics Can "heal" Mana, Helping All Other Classes Gain A Ridiculous Amount Of Mp Back During Battle.

Thus, A Psychic Could Help A Cleric Sustain Regeneration Aura Without The Help Of A Charm Or Apothecary Items. Same With Archers / Barrage, Etc.

We Have Genius Here (")(o_o)(")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wouldn't healing mana also consume mana....? o.oa
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-08-26/20090826024936324.shtml

True? False? Just a rumor?

If it is true, I don't see how successful it could be. Especially if they get introduced on existing servers.
    True from the adds on other countries.
    Originally Posted by Mavado - Harshlands View Post
    This is quoted from the thread "Speculation on new race :P but since the original poster didn't repost this i thought i might XD (if that's alright of course) The original poster was Asterelle from Sanctuary.
    from what i heard myself....
    1 class has
    -high pdef, and can use magic and buff, some skills similar to that of BM
    -has a skill to oneshot veno pets
    -results in meditation are faster
    -can prevent some exp loss when a player dies and ports to town
    -summons spirits or whatever

the other class
    -somewhat support class?
    -can merge with pets and use their skills

unknowns
    -sacrificing self to ress another player
    -giving their attack dmg to members in squad

this is just translations so cannot say how much of it is correct if at all..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
This discussion has been closed.