[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Comments

• starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    EatsWithSpoons knows something! Seize him!
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That's an interesting theory.

P.S. I do not know specifics, so don't take my comments as implying anything either way.

Wait.... Specifics? So there IS something in the works, but they haven't told you details? What do you know, spoons?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HA now ur cornered.
    NOW U HAVE to tell us

PWEASE spoons
    PWEASE

*wink* *wink*

*WINK*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    woot...new contentsb:laugh. I hope assassin get invisible skillb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wait.... Specifics? So there IS something in the works, but they haven't told you details? What do you know, spoons?

This is what I know, directly from a place that you can know too!
    Title: Patch Notes Version 175
    Date: 2009-08-26

This week's patch contained a few minor localization changes, as well as some early content for an upcoming expansion.

More details to come next week.

Interesting right?
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    This is what I know, directly from a place that you can know too!

You know, spoons. Some days, I think it's worth it to post on these forums, just to see how you make life interesting for the rest of us. Other times, I think you're a sneaky, sneaky individual. This is one of those cases I'm going to assume are both.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:sad I'll FedEx you golden spoons once a week if you tell us. b:cute
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Snake Isle b:pleased

I saw a lady called Lu Pan i think (npc) on a little island that won't let you learn how to build a house or craft furniture yet...........

there is an island off the edge of the map with mobs and resources too

50k say's i'm right =P
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    You know, spoons. Some days, I think it's worth it to post on these forums, just to see how you make life interesting for the rest of us. Other times, I think you're a sneaky, sneaky individual. This is one of those cases I'm going to assume are both.

your assumptions may be correct. Do you really think they pay me only for talking to the community? I'm a big fan of surprises too.b:laugh
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    i have some diamond spoons in a showcase room in my grandma's basement.

I KNOW u want em MR spoons b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    I already have spoons. If I didn't, how would i be eating with them?

OK stick to the topic now b:chuckle
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    kk how will it work tho a new server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    kk how will it work tho a new server?

Did you just read the post where I explained the extent of my knowledge? b:chuckle
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Darn....I was hoping it would be a dragon/summoning/spirit race. b:sad
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    once Asterelle posts this will become the official unofficial speculation thread. Do it!
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Darn....I was hoping it would be a dragon/summoning/spirit race. b:sad
    Like we need another veno-type raceb:shocked
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is quoted from the thread "Speculation on new race :P but since the original poster didn't repost this i thought i might XD (if that's alright of course) The original poster was Asterelle from Sanctuary.

In an online mmo news article there is a possible spoiler about what is in store in the next expansion in way of new classes and race.

Quote:
    The newest race is called the Tideborn, ancient and powerful beings that dwell underwater. Having previously existed for thousands of years, unknown by the rest of the denizens of Perfect World, their addition will add a new layer of story to Perfect World International to uncover the Tideborn's mysterious return. The new classes available to players are tentatively being called the Psychic and Assassin.
    I thought it would be fun to speculate on these new additions.

Tideborn - Sounds like a fish like race. Really I'd expect them to have pale blue skin and silver hair but this game allows you to change skin color so I'm not sure what to expect for their appearance. Perhaps they will take a cue from tt90 LA and have odd fins poking out everywhere?

I am expecting for both genders to be available for the new classes

Assassin - Probably the standard high physical damage mellee class. Likely will have some sort of cloaking and stealth aspects. Perhaps if they remain still for a period of time they blend in with their surroundings. It would be neat to see some Predator-esque refractive cloaking.

Weapons: Hmmm what weapons would they use though? Blades probably.

Skills: I would think their skills would be based around quick strikes and dependent on their cloaked state. Perhaps traps with various debuffs and ensnarements would be in their skill set as well.

Squad buff: Attack rate increase

Psychic - Definitely not a physical type. I would say magic but how would this class be differentiated from a cleric or wizard?

Perhaps this class is based around controlling mobs and players, taking control of their actions. Imagine casting a skill on an archer to have him suddenly go into an automated frenzy attacking his own squad members :) Imagine wresting control of a phoenix away from a venomancer and have the pet turn on the master. It would be an interesting mechanic though I'm not sure if this will be the way the would take it. I'm not sure what kind of resistance people would have against this.

Weapons: I guess they'd use the same magic weapons available to all classes.

Skills: Mind control, various debuffs on channeling rate.

Anyone else want to speculate? XD

Squad buff: Resistance to movement impairing effects? Channeling rate increase
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    *cough* Weapons?
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    *cough* Weapons?

o_O if those were the weapons for an assassinesque class i don't know how i would react..... I guess.... if the animations looked cool then it would be alright.... but i can't see myself using a whip and being cool b:surrender
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    once Asterelle posts this will become the official unofficial speculation thread. Do it!

Who's Asterelle? b:question
    Like we need another veno-type raceb:shocked

Eh....whether they can summon dragons to aid in battle or not I don't really mind as much, a dragon-like race (with magic and spiritual class) would be more fitting for me regardless.

Still, I hope to much. b:surrender b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Whips make sense for Assassins. Super high dex requirement so they'd have high evasion and accuracy. They'd be like archers with a melee weapon. Maybe they'd have some wood-based poison skills too.
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    o_O if those were the weapons for an assassinesque class i don't know how i would react..... I guess.... if the animations looked cool then it would be alright.... but i can't see myself using a whip and being cool b:surrender
    I'm pretty sure the whips are for the physic class, the assassin will have daggers or something
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I'm pretty sure the whips are for the physic class, the assassin will have daggers or something

Something?
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    First of all those screen shots and the "trailer" are from the first expansion. Huge troll.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009

I'll assassinate you with a...staff?
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009

Fine you both winb:surrender
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

It is a "Tentative" name, after all... Who knows what the real name might be.

And I'm not trying to win... Just spreading some speculation around like everyone else. They've got to be there for a reason, right?
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited August 2009

And I'm not trying to win... Just spreading some speculation around like everyone else. They've got to be there for a reason, right?

Sorry i was just failing at being funny b:cry

And i agree, they have have a reason for existing b:angry

But i wouldn't mind getting actual daggers in the game, though they would remind me a wee bit of fist weapons >_<
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009

Well if you click on the "staffs" the only damage that shows up is physical damage
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is quoted from the thread "Speculation on new race :P but since the original poster didn't repost this i thought i might XD (if that's alright of course) The original poster was Asterelle from Sanctuary.

In an online mmo news article there is a possible spoiler about what is in store in the next expansion in way of new classes and race.

Quote:
    The newest race is called the Tideborn, ancient and powerful beings that dwell underwater. Having previously existed for thousands of years, unknown by the rest of the denizens of Perfect World, their addition will add a new layer of story to Perfect World International to uncover the Tideborn's mysterious return. The new classes available to players are tentatively being called the Psychic and Assassin.
    I thought it would be fun to speculate on these new additions.

Tideborn - Sounds like a fish like race. Really I'd expect them to have pale blue skin and silver hair but this game allows you to change skin color so I'm not sure what to expect for their appearance. Perhaps they will take a cue from tt90 LA and have odd fins poking out everywhere?

I am expecting for both genders to be available for the new classes

Assassin - Probably the standard high physical damage mellee class. Likely will have some sort of cloaking and stealth aspects. Perhaps if they remain still for a period of time they blend in with their surroundings. It would be neat to see some Predator-esque refractive cloaking.

Weapons: Hmmm what weapons would they use though? Blades probably.

Skills: I would think their skills would be based around quick strikes and dependent on their cloaked state. Perhaps traps with various debuffs and ensnarements would be in their skill set as well.

Squad buff: Attack rate increase

Psychic - Definitely not a physical type. I would say magic but how would this class be differentiated from a cleric or wizard?

Perhaps this class is based around controlling mobs and players, taking control of their actions. Imagine casting a skill on an archer to have him suddenly go into an automated frenzy attacking his own squad members :) Imagine wresting control of a phoenix away from a venomancer and have the pet turn on the master. It would be an interesting mechanic though I'm not sure if this will be the way the would take it. I'm not sure what kind of resistance people would have against this.

Weapons: I guess they'd use the same magic weapons available to all classes.

Skills: Mind control, various debuffs on channeling rate.

Anyone else want to speculate? XD

Squad buff: Resistance to movement impairing effects? Channeling rate increase

Interesting theory. I like it. However the skill to use on a Veno's pet to turn on its master would seriously decrease the Veno's power. Especially on a PVP server. So I think that spectulation is highly unlikely.

I assume the new weapons that is listed on PWI Database has to do with the new races. The Assasins using the pole like weapons where the Psychic uses the whips.

One thing for sure is that there will be one physical and one magical class just like the other three. As for the starting city being underwater. It would be interesting. Maybe the new race can swim but also walk/run under water, but then again it would make underwater pvping extremely advantageous for the new race while severly crippling the other three, but who knows.
This discussion has been closed.