effects of BH

Options

Comments

• Landmaster - Lost City
    Landmaster - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if you rly think about it this is there way of making more money, you need to buy the mats/wines but you have no money, so what do you do? charge zen then sell it which then bumps up prices of gold which means more people will buy the gold which means more people will charge zen to get top dollar in game
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You know they a squad could still do FB and BH at the same time and let the tabber get the wine after all they need it.It is called killing two birds with one stone.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • vendie
    vendie Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BH=150k expi
    CS=106K
    WQ=100K
    cube=350K

and i do all of these daily... so now, i have no time to do my regular mob quests...b:victory
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Both of us level 82 venos with hercs

See, that would be why you can do it in quarter of an hour.

We had most people 67 or less and one 80.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    See, that would be why you can do it in quarter of an hour.

We had most people 67 or less and one 80.

Which bosses did you have to do for your BH? Zimo requires 13 things killed to reach, the wood guy I forget, I think it's 14, Qingzi or whatever the water one is called needs 14 (though it's faster to kill 15), Drake needs 11, and the earth one takes 21 I think (I've only done that wing when absolutely necessary, my memory isn't as good with it). A full squad of high 60's should be able to do each wing in no more than 15 minutes, that's 10 to clear and 5 for a boss. You had higher than that due to the 80, if it took you several hours you were doing something wrong. For comparison, soloing 59 I can do a full clear of the water wing (excluding the boss) in about 39 minutes, and involves killing 72 things, complete with all those turtles running around killing my time. Coincidentally, that's 1 less than a full clear without wine will take you to reach all five bosses. I know a squad of mostly 67's with an 80 would be able to put out more damage than a single 80 veno (haven't done a timed run since then) so the only conclusion is, you were doing something wrong.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    - Finding out how many Veno's with hercs are actually bad at playing their class. ie: Luring with spells rather than the pet and pulling 5+ mobs = dead veno, cleric lol

Loling back at you.

Luring with a spell is much better than with a pet.

1 - Only the mob targetted with the spell will be lured.

2 - no need tu unsummon/resummon the pet = can take aggro faster without much risks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Which bosses did you have to do for your BH? Zimo requires 13 things killed to reach, the wood guy I forget, I think it's 14, Qingzi or whatever the water one is called needs 14 (though it's faster to kill 15), Drake needs 11, and the earth one takes 21 I think (I've only done that wing when absolutely necessary, my memory isn't as good with it). A full squad of high 60's should be able to do each wing in no more than 15 minutes, that's 10 to clear and 5 for a boss. You had higher than that due to the 80, if it took you several hours you were doing something wrong. For comparison, soloing 59 I can do a full clear of the water wing (excluding the boss) in about 39 minutes, and involves killing 72 things, complete with all those turtles running around killing my time. Coincidentally, that's 1 less than a full clear without wine will take you to reach all five bosses. I know a squad of mostly 67's with an 80 would be able to put out more damage than a single 80 veno (haven't done a timed run since then) so the only conclusion is, you were doing something wrong.

FB. Not bounty. I keep saying this. The win was for the FB.

I'm sure as heck not wining a bounty, especially for 59 where, as you point out, the hub design lets you avoid most of the monsters on the way to the boss.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    2 - no need tu unsummon/resummon the pet = can take aggro faster without much risks.

Add here u are stunt while unsummon/resummon while u arent stunt luring with spells
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

- Finding out how many Veno's with hercs are actually bad at playing their class. ie: Luring with spells rather than the pet and pulling 5+ mobs = dead veno, cleric lol

From my own experience, most herc veno's ive seen really do suck at playing their character. Seems like most of them stand back and let the pet do all the work. Others ive seen, wonder why they wind up dead after nuking mobs while the herc is trying to tank and steal aggro. Im not saying all because I have seen plenty of herc veno's who know their role. Makes me wonder why herc veno's get more squad invites than non herc veno's. because the pet doesnt make the veno a good skilled player unless they know how to use it. At lv77 Ive killed multiple mobs alot faster than alot of herc veno's who only kill single mobs. lol
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Stunned! Not stunt.

You do realise that luring only works safely with 'tame pet' not other spells, right? Grabbing every nearby monster isn't the conventional meaning of luring.

Assuming you do, then yeah, it works and it can be useful. If you don't, then sorry, but you are the veno who doesn't know what they are doing.

Edit: "Let the pet do the work" - that would be letting the herc draw aggro, no? Which on a great many monsters you really do have to do because the herc sucks at holding aggro.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    FB. Not bounty. I keep saying this. The win was for the FB.

I'm sure as heck not wining a bounty, especially for 59 where, as you point out, the hub design lets you avoid most of the monsters on the way to the boss.

My argument still applies to a full clear, and assumed it. Doing an FB59 or a BH where you clear all 5 bosses is the same thing. You only have to kill 73 things, that includes the initial 9, though I didn't include a gatekeeper. You were clearing more than what was necessary, not that there's anything wrong with that... people do like stamps afterall but you need to keep in mind, if you were clearing more than the minimal amount, the tradeoff is that it will take you longer and you'll be trying to compare a number of someone elses minimal clear to your clear that includes many more mobs which completely negates any time comparisons.

As I pointed out before, ~39 minutes for me at level 80 to kill 72 things. If a squad of mid-high 60's plus a level 80 can't also kill 73 things in that same time frame, you're either doing something wrong or aren't trying to reach only the bosses and kill them.
    You do realise that luring only works safely with 'tame pet' not other spells, right? Grabbing every nearby monster isn't the conventional meaning of luring.

The mechanic seems to be the same one that allowed genies to bring things solo, that being a non damage skill. I would think you could also do it with amplify, soul degeneration, or purge on non aggressive monsters (on something that's aggressive you need to get too close), not that I know why you would want to, and haven't ever been in a situation where I need to try it.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Bounty hunter is great, and you dont always need a high level to do it.
    If you need Farren (lvl 50-59), a whole squad of lvl 50s-59s can easily do it, even with BMs instead of barbs.

BH is fun too lols.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A veno can do Farren with a Magmite at 53 with no issues. Also, 3/6 classes can reliably interrupt AE's (Veno with Shriek, BM with their skill, Barb with Alacrity). Not sure why anyone would need a Barb/Cleric for that.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As long as you've got a range >25m then farren is cake. You can sit out beyond his aoe range and blow him up.
    My argument still applies to a full clear, and assumed it. Doing an FB59 or a BH where you clear all 5 bosses is the same thing. You only have to kill 73 things, that includes the initial 9, though I didn't include a gatekeeper. You were clearing more than what was necessary, not that there's anything wrong with that... people do like stamps afterall but you need to keep in mind, if you were clearing more than the minimal amount, the tradeoff is that it will take you longer and you'll be trying to compare a number of someone elses minimal clear to your clear that includes many more mobs which completely negates any time comparisons.

As I pointed out before, ~39 minutes for me at level 80 to kill 72 things. If a squad of mid-high 60's plus a level 80 can't also kill 73 things in that same time frame, you're either doing something wrong or aren't trying to reach only the bosses and kill them.

Meh, it's not like I could argue "No don't need wine" not having actually cleared it before and having the personal experience. I'll be going back soon and making sure I can. For now, it's twighlight-wards for me!
    The mechanic seems to be the same one that allowed genies to bring things solo, that being a non damage skill. I would think you could also do it with amplify, soul degeneration, or purge on non aggressive monsters (on something that's aggressive you need to get too close), not that I know why you would want to, and haven't ever been in a situation where I need to try it.

I presume so, yes. Worth a test.
    Of course, the problem with those skills is their short range - as you say, if they're aggressive then you'll be in a very bad place.

There's not a great deal out there that's not aggressive, though, especially in dungeons.
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Loling back at you.

Luring with a spell is much better than with a pet.

1 - Only the mob targetted with the spell will be lured.

But doesnt that differ depending on which spell is used ?

Since i pretty sure the Veno's I mentioned were casting Venomous Scarab and pulling 5+ mobs at a time, even had one send in her Herc and then cast the spell at the mob, so the herc had to back track since the mob ran past it towards the squad.

Note: Not saying all Veno's are bad, once again ive squaded with some great ones, but IMO if a person get their herc to soon ingame,then they count to much on its tanking skills and dont learn how to play their class properly, like those Veno's who havent got their Herc until later in their game cycle
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Bh is a nice bacause ppl squad up who didn't play together before. But getting xp became too easy by bh. Will it result in having a lot of 95+ lvls soon?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Bh is a nice bacause ppl squad up who didn't play together before. But getting xp became too easy by bh. Will it result in having a lot of 95+ lvls soon?

Nope not untill they can get their FBs done first and on Sanc it is slow going to get a squad.I have been sitting there since Sunday.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ritsukii - Heavens Tear
    Ritsukii - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my cleric has no faction. and i refuse to join a faction with it. (am poor so dont want to waste charms) ... and with BH, i hella REFUSE to get a faction. imagine burning charms helping faction members 5+x a day whew...

but for BH quests i like them. find quick squad takes about 2-5 min. work with strangers. kills boss, break squad, the end. next day repeat. i dont care about molds. u wine u keep.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i dont care about molds. u wine u keep.

Yesterday, cleared my own BH (69), Got Cape of Tauran Chieftan, and a 3* (Already sold for 8m), then cleared Eden and got Ring of Heavenly Lord and Sage Garrotte in addition to 5 apo pages hundreds of thousands of DQ's, etc while helping 5 other people. I'm loving BH!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Rise_satan - Lost City
    Rise_satan - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What I've noticed with BH is that practically nobody does TT (HH for us lost citiers ;) runs anymore. Price for TT mats are thru the roof because their is not alot and the demand is the same if not more! And its hard to find the time or a squad to do HH. Shame I cant play 8 hrs. a day, then id have time to do that! QQ
  • whiteproudandstupid
    whiteproudandstupid Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well if u dont like spending cash for wines then dont...just dont do the bh and go grind. on my server because of bh and recent 2 events alot of ppl got 80 and 90 so there is a huge flow of tt mats on server. I dont think bh is bad but when i get 89 brimstone bh ... and wine it then notice half of the mobs are still there well thats a waste. anyway bh is a nice alternative to wq which in my opinion is to long and boring.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Necro. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why would people wine a BH 59??? Don't they know about the sheer quantity of Darkness Stamps you get for pounding through? I could understand an FB, but a BH? *facepalm*

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't want every one to get Rank-led.... lol
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Necro. b:shocked

Because it was I read it all the way through and got caught up in it...

lol'd at this... Snipped for brevity...
    hmmm

- People screaming for Barbs/Veno's with hercs for lower bosses even a BM can tank

- Fail Barbs wanting TWO Clerics for Polearm/Gaurnob

Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, it's been a good long time now since BH was introduced - and it looks like a success to me.

There's always tonnes of people at the hunter getting together their squads.

Mat prices seem to have stabilised somewhat, people seem generally competent at running them.

And yes, the barbs in my guild still think those of us who do FB59 unwined are crazy. Full FB this week took 3 hours, but was great fun. Just the sheer number of fights we had to do takes ages.

BH also means that we see a LOT more purples (what on earth will our guild do with a second purple slingshot?) and a few more molds. Very nice.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    where are people gettin all these molds lol.. I'm like 10 to 20 levels higher then the BH boss i need to kill. I always get a pile of **** or just a pile of money. I'v seen like one mold drop and i do BH pretty much everyday since BH was implemented.

Oh yea, and i get to find out who really are the jerks on the server when doing BH. I dont care if they are a cleric or barb.. i know who not to squad with at least.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    OOORRRRRR

you can NOT qq

and do unwined runs...

omg its a miracle! you save money and exp!

I can't believe it, but I'm actually agreeing with you here Sticky...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    where are people gettin all these molds lol..

I've had....
    One from Quingzi, one from Farren and one from Fushma.

51 is 'good' for molds, because you tend to splat all 3 bosses even if you only need the drake.

"More" molds, even lots more, still isn't very many.

Heck of a lot of purple stuff though. Heck of a lot. Some of it I can actually use, too.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yesterdays dialog at head hunter:

someone: "hey Cold, can you help with bh?"

me: "which one?"

someone:"bh79"

me:"k need it as well"

someone: "costs you 70k for wine then"

me:" na..then ty no, costs on mp charm now like +200k for each bh"

someone: "lol good luck finding a squad where you dont have to pay"

5min later....

someone: "comeon need a cleric"

me:"then i wont pay 70k for wines and you keep my drops"

someone: "b****, you never help me" (FYI: i did 6hrs bosses and 5bhs for another 3hrs for fact members on this day)

20min later in fact chat

someone: "can anyone help me with bh29?"

me:"go to arch-center. there are like 3k other ppl who needs it as well"

someone: "but with higher lvls its faster...you can solo it"

me:"k costs me only my mp-charm which costs me 1+ mil every second day now"

someone: "pleeeeeeease"

me:"...sighs...ok get ppl to squad who needs it as well, omw" (after beeing called a b**** and not helpful ....)

someone:"ty :D"

(getting in squad..only 2 ppl..-.-)

20min later on wc: "WTB mp-charm, pm me offers pls"

someone: "hey cold i sell you one for 1,25mil" <---same one who needed bh29 b:angry

me:"....sold"

Welcome to my life...
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok, I obviously can't speak about FB69+ I know in some parts of TT you're probably going to need bubble, and thus need charms. Maybe it's the same in 69.

But what demonic rabbits would possess you, to make you need a charm for FB29?

If only you weren't so much higher level than me, I'd be offering hugs and BH runs.