staying or leaving?

Options

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why don't you lock this thread? The thread starter asks us to post reasons and there is at least two gm's watching and waiting with the ban hammer!! If you won't allow us to honestly answer why will be leaving then do not allow it to be asked. Such bull sausage. please

scared are we
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why don't you lock this thread? The thread starter asks us to post reasons and there is at least two gm's watching and waiting with the ban hammer!! If you won't allow us to honestly answer why will be leaving then do not allow it to be asked. Such bull sausage. please
    You can be as clear as crystal yet avoid any bannable said things if you word your post right....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    aniway the game is good and I enjoyed it but it gets expensive imo when u want to taste everything in the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    aniway the game is good and I enjoyed it but it gets expensive imo when u want to taste everything in the game
    Keep focus on your bamboo :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    staying because i can't look up skirts in real life without getting into trouble again.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Staying I haven't gone this for to give up although I still play another rpg where my guild is.what is the not to be mentioned game pm it to me?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I will continue to logon-dailies-logoff for a while and see when/if the content train delivers some worthwhile endgame stuff to do, that isnt as disastrously bug ridden as the rest of the game so far.

For now Im back on my xbox when i have time to burn.
  • missrumba1
    missrumba1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Leaving for the game everyones talking about that gets censored , it starts here in . In the meantime ive found another game to play. Reason : the DQ horses in the cash shop was the last straw, I got burned like so many others.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not starting over at level 1 again
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    bloblette wrote: »
    I will continue to logon-dailies-logoff for a while and see when/if the content train delivers some worthwhile endgame stuff to do, that isnt as disastrously bug ridden as the rest of the game so far.

missrumba1 wrote: »
    Leaving for the game everyones talking about that gets censored , it starts here in . In the meantime ive found another game to play. Reason : the DQ horses in the cash shop was the last straw, I got burned like so many others.

yeah pretty much the same for me, once i hit 90 ima just do dailies
    pwi is really pushing it
    and they know its going to have a large effect on them and thus the sales

i bet if the housign system came out it would keep ALOT of ppl on this game not to mention attack alot more ppl, the cost would make ppl sell gold to get monies etc
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's understandable what the gm's are doing, cuz it's their business they need to take care of.. I've been a GM for unreal Tournament since 2005 and Our Server has been in the top 2 places of pupularity amongs the players , thus we as GM's need to take special care that theres not any kind of advertising going on directing 'our' players to another servers or websites, that's specially a big No no.. IMO even leaving this thread open is been already too kind. b:bye
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's understandable what the gm's are doing, cuz it's their business they need to take care of.. I've been a GM for unreal Tournament since 2005 and Our Server has been in the top 2 places of pupularity amongs the players , thus we as GM's need to take special care that theres not any kind of advertising going on directing 'our' players to another servers or websites, that's specially a big No no.. IMO even leaving this thread open is been already too kind. b:bye

*stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab*
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Left already, had fun with my Ex-ish guild though, but better things to do b:bye.

Then your vote doesn't count. It didn't ask if you've already left. Have fun in whatever you do, we'll still be here enjoying it without the complainers.
    starman17 wrote: »
    staying because i can't look up skirts in real life without getting into trouble again.
    I don't even need to tell you that you need some therapy. But I'll suggest it.

missrumba1 wrote: »

Good rule of thumb, when someone else starts a bon fire, don't bring your own gasoline. If you feel you got burned, then you honest did the quest for the wrong reason. As I said in a prior post, everyone isn't mad b/c others have the mount; because they had them BEFORE the cs. They are mad b/c they are no longer holding the value they did in game to resell. (if that is your gripe you got one for the wrong reason too)You are all angry because PW got a corner on their own game market. Essentially they took a little money from you and gave it to themselves. Hey if that is what they need to do to keep this game free, I say put whatever else they need to in the cash shop that doesn't mess up game play. Besides, flying is so much faster!
    GASOLINE!!!!I can bring my own too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So what do I vote if I don't plan on moving to Zrlm, but don't really play this game?

I just get on to check updates. Updates started sucking continually after the Lost Empire expansion. I keep hoping that arena would be release, but nope... I see sad updates like auto navigation, genies, and shatter gear being release. Also I'm glad I never really buy into that 9x is where the fun starts rumor. A lot of people get 9x and think it would be the beginning of fun, but one week later. I see them saying it is boring now.

Currently trying to relive my childhood by playing TA. I love itb:cry On my PS3, I'm playing Blazblue currently because KOF XII online lags and KOF XII is a disappointmentb:angry
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    bloblette wrote: »

Same here. I'll still come on for TWs too but I shall be going "poof" soon as well =)
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if that many people will even like not-be-named coming from pwi. It's very pvp focused and a lot of people prefer the grinding/pve aspect of games. I love pvp so sadly I probably will leave but I can only see pwi attendance taking a dip then coming back up shortly there after. There aren't too many people who play pwi for pvp and pvp only. I don't like how heavily gear dependent this game is either. Been playing since 2007, I need a change xD
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if that many people will even like not-be-named coming from pwi. It's very pvp focused and a lot of people prefer the grinding/pve aspect of games. I love pvp so sadly I probably will leave but I can only see pwi attendance taking a dip then coming back up shortly there after. There aren't too many people who play pwi for pvp and pvp only. I don't like how heavily gear dependent this game is either. Been playing since 2007, I need a change xD

If you've been playing that long, then you've not been playing this version of Pw? Change can be good, but I suspect a lot of people will leave that want to leave; and over half of them will come back. Out of the other 1/2, 1/4 will stay wherever everyone is going, the other 1/4 will lose interest and leave too, but onto another game.

There seems to always be a flux of new things to woo people. But to be honest this game has some of the best GM's I've ever seen. They aren't perfect but they sure do try. Especially spoons. Its hard to beat a free to play game in which they do try to give you what you ask for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Now that a certain game's CBT is over, ill just stick to PWI for a while. Probably wont go over to the "instant-ban-four-letter-controversy". Nothing interesting to play anyways. Its also soon time to head back to school and I wont have much time to play. Might as well stick to PWI for a 3d chatroom and some dailies to kill some time.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Now that a certain game's CBT is over, ill just stick to PWI for a while. Probably wont go over to the "instant-ban-four-letter-controversy". Nothing interesting to play anyways. Its also soon time to head back to school and I wont have much time to play. Might as well stick to PWI for a 3d chatroom and some dailies to kill some time.

Yep games seem to start in september D: (pwi and asdasdasdasd)
    Other things take priority and I can only see myself playing 8 hours a week come september. I've been at 200 hours red on pwi for the last 2 months and I'd rather spend those precious 8 hours on a new type of pvp. xD
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    starman17 wrote: »
    staying because i can't look up skirts in real life without getting into trouble again.[/QUOTE]

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yep games seem to start in september D: (pwi and asdasdasdasd)
    Other things take priority and I can only see myself playing 8 hours a week come september. I've been at 200 hours red on pwi for the last 2 months and I'd rather spend those precious 8 hours on a new type of pvp. xD

Then one could say you aren't actually,... Devoted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have invested too much here to leave now. Besides, PWI is FTP which means there is no stress to JUST play this and nothing else. I can have my cake and eat it too if I want to check out other games it does not mean I am going to quit this one.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes I shall stay and torment you all some more *evil*
    Quit.
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Is there a new Harry Potter game based on Voldemort, that i don't know about, called, "The Game that Must Not be Named"?? I'll look out for it.

Anyway I'm not sure this thread can be honest. Is it just me or did GM all but stated, if you bad mouth "The Game That Must Not Be Named" game no problem, but if you think of talking up "The Game That Must Not Be Named" game you better watch out. GM also said there's a proper placed to discuss this. Where is that, Off topic Section? If so move it there so we can all speak openly without fear.

Personally, at this moment, I plan on playing PWI for long time to come. But if this "Game That Must Not be Named" offers a completely free trial, I will at least try it out for 2 weeks.

I will never spend 50+ Dollars on a video game disc i have not had a chance to explore a bit. I wasted too much money on games i never play more than a few day cause they suck.

Free2Play vs Pay2Play. F2P has many advantages, IMO. It seems more free market based. You merely buy whats important to you. Different cash shop items are valued differently depending on individual. Also, if your money is a little short for a few months or all the time you can still play game. If you're in a P2P game and you credit card is maxed, then what? You have to take a hiatus. F2P you can still play just don't spend nothing til money is right.

The Con to F2P is someone can gain a ridiculous advantage with real life money. I really think it would be great if you cap the amount a person could spend per month, to say $30 or $50. It would make the game so much better but a company would have to be insane to do that i reckon. But who knows it might actually loosen some pockets up. I for one, feel like not spending any money sometimes cause there is no way i can compete with someone who spends $100 or maybe even $500 a month. Makes you want to throw up your hands and say, "Why bother?" If it was max 30 bucks a month, i would just always make it a point to put the 30 bucks per month for when i need it, and feel its not in vain cause I'm on equal footing with all other players. May seem silly but that's how i think.

Final thought. If i get banned for this post, then i reckon i will definitely try this "Game That Must Not Be Named" game.
  • Postman - Lost City
    Postman - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Leaving sometime on september 15
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have invested too much here to leave now. Besides, PWI is FTP which means there is no stress to JUST play this and nothing else. I can have my cake and eat it too if I want to check out other games it does not mean I am going to quit this one.

I have a friend that wouldn't play PW for a full six months because he paid for 6 months of a P2P game and he felt like if he played anything else it would be wasting the money he spent on the game. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm definitely staying, i don't have time to be playing 8+ hours a day to keep up with people. Also i think what eatwithspoons is saying there are lots of public chat rooms where you are free to discuss what ever you like, even public forums. This is not one of them, so obey the rules. You signed the TOS so you accepted that condition. Of course they aren't going to allow you to promote a game on their site. THIS IS A BUSINESS. Lol if you ran a business would you let someone promote competiton on your property. No.

I didn't start to buy gold from the site till my cleric was like level 30 so i assume around there is when everyone may start buying. I also thing you highest buyers are around the middle levels. Although the only people who have that type of data is pwi. At most if high level's leave you still see people around the middle level spending money so it shouldn't be so bad, although i think it's greatly exaggerated that all the high levels are leaving. I think only a few might drift off but not everyone, there are still many people who don't like p2p. Remember time is money too, the more you have to play those type of games the more you have to give up time to come out ahead. For some of us that are casual players we don't benefit at all. As stated perfect world is one of the best f2p out there.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:shockedb:shocked
    Is there a new Harry Potter game based on Voldemort, that i don't know about, called, "The Game that Must Not be Named"?? I'll look out for it.

You should be finding the ban hammer fairly soon for this statement.

Anyway I'm not sure this thread can be honest. Is it just me or did GM all but stated, if you bad mouth "The Game That Must Not Be Named" game no problem, but if you think of talking up "The Game That Must Not Be Named" game you better watch out. GM also said there's a proper placed to discuss this. Where is that, Off topic Section? If so move it there so we can all speak openly without fear.
    Gm did not encourage bad mouthing anything. That would fall under the breech of TOS called flaming/trolling. GM said there was another place you could discuss this, meaning.. messengers/PM/in game chat room even, but not here. They pay for this bill board we call a forum, they can tell you what you can and can not do here. You can speak openly and without fear at any of those mentioned places. You have nothing to fear by speaking openly here if you aren't staying anyways.. toodles.

Personally, at this moment, I plan on playing PWI for long time to come. But if this "Game That Must Not be Named" offers a completely free trial, I will at least try it out for 2 weeks.

I will never spend 50+ Dollars on a video game disc i have not had a chance to explore a bit. I wasted too much money on games i never play more than a few day cause they suck.
    The question was if you were staying or leaving. This means you are staying? Either way.. its not a "game that must not be named" its a game that is against the TOS to name here. I wish ppl would get that part right.

Free2Play vs Pay2Play. F2P has many advantages, IMO. It seems more free market based. You merely buy whats important to you. Different cash shop items are valued differently depending on individual. Also, if your money is a little short for a few months or all the time you can still play game. If you're in a P2P game and you credit card is maxed, then what? You have to take a hiatus. F2P you can still play just don't spend nothing til money is right.
    Its your money, do what you want with it.

The Con to F2P is someone can gain a ridiculous advantage with real life money. I really think it would be great if you cap the amount a person could spend per month, to say $30 or $50. It would make the game so much better but a company would have to be insane to do that i reckon. But who knows it might actually loosen some pockets up. I for one, feel like not spending any money sometimes cause there is no way i can compete with someone who spends $100 or maybe even $500 a month. Makes you want to throw up your hands and say, "Why bother?" If it was max 30 bucks a month, i would just always make it a point to put the 30 bucks per month for when i need it, and feel its not in vain cause I'm on equal footing with all other players. May seem silly but that's how i think.

There are people who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this game a month. The company would be fools to slit there own throats where that is concerned. What are you suggesting isn't just silly, its down right asking PWI to close their doors. You have the option to grind for coins and be just as rich as anyone else, this is one of the ONLY MMOS I know that you have that option with.

Final thought. If i get banned for this post, then i reckon i will definitely try this "Game That Must Not Be Named" game.
    So you want to end your breech of terms of service not once but at least twice with ... *(tantrum)*if I get banned I'm going to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drewben - Dreamweaver
    Drewben - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I doubt whether implementing the housing system will help at all, it might do the complete reverse imo
    i think most people who had silvermane or violet or mistys etc etc b4 the update might be quitting cuz they got giffed major time and now their stuff is practically worthless
  • dragondann
    dragondann Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I came from Delphi, MY server. From day one I noticed the arena was removed and quickly deduced it was for profit in doll sales. This had a large impact on MMO team play, eliminating good old fun in the name of profit. Since then, every single update seems geared to profit. It is not the great game it once was, where people could just go kill each other without spending a bunch of money or time grinding out enough money for dolls. (and now the shattering gear, after I spent real money on to bind everything)

On a positive note; I did appreciate the bidding changes though,, allowing for 3 guilds to hit the one large one on the same night. But it obviously was not enough. Since CQ took most the land,, I no longer see any reason to play. There is no hope of a good TW any longer, as the income from owning all the lands far exceeds any realistic resistance from the cash shoppers unwilling to ruin the game by joining the strongest guild knowing full well there is no one left to fight.

If I was asked, I would recommend that each week a random Wraith attack hit a territory with a force scaled to the land held. Much like the hordes in Rebirth charging at us in waves. This would almost guarantee the one dominant guild that all the kids with no money join for a free payday will lose land which will in turn open up for minor guilds to fight over each week, and keep the major guilds on their toes. This sort of thing can keep a game like this alive much longer.

But I also realize that now as gold becomes more expensive, cash shopper not in CQ are encouraged to sell gold in the AH , which in turn , CQ member without money will buy with their 300 million+ in-game weekly salary. So PWI will be guaranteed 1,500 USD from minor cash shoppers trying to pay for dailies, per week at 200 gold per zhen.

So the map will not be reset for some time,, its game over for many of us. No reason to pay

SIGNED; Your Hero
    Danika