staying or leaving?

Options

Comments

• Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm out and you know when ;D

Not sure i agree with where the game is headed, but i cant say i didnt enjoy playing PWI b:bye
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Im here and still gonna be.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think I'm gonna stay. I like my job. b:thanks
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can stay, but I want to...

I'm moving soon and there's some other rl stuff I have to take care of..
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am going to stay... I dont know when Arena will be available again... but I wanna be here when it comes.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not going anywhere. I've been here since before closed beta first started. Not too many of us original players left from what I can tell.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I had already left here 2 weeks or so ago to some other server.

I might pop in once or twice and forumhoar around a bit, but other than that.. don't expect to see me in game for a bit.

If any of you know/miss me that much, PM me or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I just don't like that to be a decent barb after 90 and complete the game like I want I would have to use thousands of euros

also after all this time I'm kinda bored, I already know everything

You cannot know everything....there is still quite a few new things after 90.

<----staying (for now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You cannot know everything....there is still quite a few new things after 90.

<----staying (for now)
    from the RPGs I like to create and see strategies against bosses and "endgame" bosses and I just realized that the ones PWI have are mostly easy **** while the rest is a bunch of bosses so hard that u need +12 refines or similar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    from the RPGs I like to create and see strategies against bosses and "endgame" bosses and I just realized that the ones PWI have are mostly easy **** while the rest is a bunch of bosses so hard that u need +12 refines or similar

I do not agree but to each there own b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm staying, I love this game, even with the bugs, even with the memory leak, even with the rising gold prices. It's a fun game. I make a lot of friends. It's something to do on long boring days of being stuck at home with not much else. Yeah, I admit, I haven't hit the high levels yet where I suppose the grind gets much worse, but I always manage to find some way to make the dullness more fun for myself. I've brought friends over to this game from another MMO that we all played for several years. We've heard of the game that is not to mentioned and most of us are not the least bit interested. It seems like a rip off of this one, in my opinion. I started playing this game while waiting for another game to come out, and it seems it'll be a long time before that one comes out, but I think even when it does, I'll still be playing PWI. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well the beauty of PWI is that there is no mandatory monthly fee so there is no pain in staying around for a while even if my activity is much less.

The other "unnamed" game is a PTP so there is a mandatory startup and monthly cost and is therefore not a direct comparison. (I hope I'm allowed to say this much).

I think on the surface it looks like the next gen of MMOs but we will have to wait and see if it is really any better.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well the beauty of PWI is that there is no mandatory monthly fee so there is no pain in staying around for a while even if my activity is much less.

1)The other "unnamed" game is a PTP so there is a mandatory startup and monthly cost and is therefore not a direct comparison. (I hope I'm allowed to say this much).

2)I think on the surface it looks like the next gen of MMOs but we will have to wait and see if it is really any better.
    1 is fine, 2 is a bit questionable. Like I said, plenty of other places to discuss this that wont get you banned, just not here lol b:chuckle
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options

What bosses do you need that kind of refining for? I have yet to see them but I'm only 79 b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What bosses do you need that kind of refining for? I have yet to see them but I'm only 79 b:chuckle
    Hauntery Queen and Harpy Wraith for example
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Left already, had fun with my Ex-ish guild though, but better things to do b:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    World Bosses are a little different than ordinary bosses... b:surrender They're supposed to be hard. It's a challenge. I doubt you need refining that high for them though, just a good squad that knows what they're doing, with a good amount of HP, which can be achieved with shards as well as refining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    funny-office-chair.jpg
    fail!

Where Is The Foot Rest D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    funny-office-chair.jpg

I see no pokeball dispenser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited August 2009
    Options
    World Bosses are a little different than ordinary bosses... b:surrender They're supposed to be hard. It's a challenge. I doubt you need refining that high for them though, just a good squad that knows what they're doing, with a good amount of HP, which can be achieved with shards as well as refining.
    20k hp barbs fail against Harpy Wraith, and they have +10 refinings, shards can't give u that much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol, I never said 20k hp, I said a good amount. b:chuckle Anyway, you did mention one of the hardest WB in the game (as far as I know). Again, they are supposed to be a challenge. But if people were forced to spend RL cash on refinements just to do WB, I think there'd be some major QQ going on. Since that isn't the case, people must manage to do it some other way as well. This is my theory. I am not stating this as fact, fyi. It's not, from what I've seen, PWI's intention to make people buy gold just so you can kill something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    Options
    lol, I never said 20k hp, I said a good amount. b:chuckle Anyway, you did mention one of the hardest WB in the game (as far as I know). Again, they are supposed to be a challenge. But if people were forced to spend RL cash on refinements just to do WB, I think there'd be some major QQ going on. Since that isn't the case, people must manage to do it some other way as well. This is my theory. I am not stating this as fact, fyi. It's not, from what I've seen, PWI's intention to make people buy gold just so you can kill something.
    point is that PvP may be a luxury that u have to pay by refining gear, but when also PvE needs that....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Yea you are right. They glitch it to guards.
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not leaving (main is only 8x so loads still to do) , seen the "other" game and tbh not impressed, just the same as countless other MMO's on the market.
    And for all peoples complaining, and even if somethings happen im not a fan of PW is a great game b:victory

If people choose to leave thats cool, good luck to them where ever they go, just hope they can leave with some dignity and not like you find in other MMO's countless " OMG im leaving cus XXXXXXXX sux " threads
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    point is that PvP may be a luxury that u have to pay by refining gear, but when also PvE needs that....

>.>;; I just said.. I don't think they require you to do that for PvE. /facepalm
    bawksy wrote: »
    Yea you are right. They glitch it to guards.

Hah. Well I guess that works. b:surrender

</threadhijack>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well look at these screenshots
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2463841&postcount=1

I doubt that barb doesn't have super high refines..
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

World Bosses are anything but hard. A level 80 barb with 2 clerics can tank a good portion of them. Granted there are tricky ones, but more or less all are doable.

Harpy on the other hand, put simply, isn't.

Oh and, barbs with 20k hp don't fail against harpy, their clerics do. =P

Only "realistic" way to do harpy that I can think of is if you had 50 people chaining lightning chaser every second, or three heavy armored clerics (yes, HA clerics b:shocked) who could survive the AoE.

The unrealistic way would be having clerics with well over 20k hp.
    b:dirty
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not going anywhere. I've been here since before closed beta first started. Not too many of us original players left from what I can tell.

High five original player. b:victory

I started over on a new char, but I was here since the first day of CB too. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited August 2009
    Options
    World Bosses are anything but hard. A level 80 barb with 2 clerics can tank a good portion of them. Granted there are tricky ones, but more or less all are doable.

Harpy on the other hand, put simply, isn't.

Oh and, barbs with 20k hp don't fail against harpy, their clerics do. =P

Only "realistic" way to do harpy that I can think of is if you had 50 people chaining lightning chaser every second, or three heavy armored clerics (yes, HA clerics b:shocked) who could survive the AoE.

The unrealistic way would be having clerics with well over 20k hp.
    only way without refines would be changing clerics and barbs every aoe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EasyBeezy - Lost City
    EasyBeezy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    are u going to stay or leave
    post reasons please

Why don't you lock this thread? The thread starter asks us to post reasons and there is at least two gm's watching and waiting with the ban hammer!! If you won't allow us to honestly answer why will be leaving then do not allow it to be asked. Such bull sausage. please