staying or leaving?

Options

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I doubt whether implementing the housing system will help at all, it might do the complete reverse imo
    i think most people who had silvermane or violet or mistys etc etc b4 the update might be quitting cuz they got giffed major time and now their stuff is practically worthless

As they, themselves keep claiming, not many people had them the DQ horses, it was thought as a status symbol since it was so rare.. if they leave, I am sure, only their friends will notice... but not the casual player. Remember, they are having a tamtrum because they super rare item is now worth less, we are not talking about something the majority of people had....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm staying, and hoping that 40-50% of the current playerbase leaves. b:chuckle

Theres reverse psychology for ya. b:laugh
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As they, themselves keep claiming, not many people had them the DQ horses, it was thought as a status symbol since it was so rare.. if they leave, I am sure, only their friends will notice... but not the casual player. Remember, they are having a tamtrum because they super rare item is now worth less, we are not talking about something the majority of people had....

BUT if they leave so will others and u will have a domino effect
    and its the high levels that trade the most gold wich means gold prices would skyrocket
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    dragondann wrote: »
    If I was asked, I would recommend that each week a random Wraith attack hit a territory with a force scaled to the land held. Much like the hordes in Rebirth charging at us in waves. This would almost guarantee the one dominant guild that all the kids with no money join for a free payday will lose land which will in turn open up for minor guilds to fight over each week, and keep the major guilds on their toes. This sort of thing can keep a game like this alive much longer.
    This idea seems interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BUT if they leave so will others and u will have a domino effect
    and its the high levels that trade the most gold wich means gold prices would skyrocket

look at your own poll numbers...

High levels always think highly of themselves.... Even though they will just get replaced.....
    Most high levels buy gold with coin, which increases demand, which, in turn, makes prices go up, if they leave, demand goes down, which will make gold prices drop.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    look at your own poll numbers...

High levels always think highly of themselves.... Even though they will just get replaced.....
    Most high levels buy gold with coin, which increases demand, which, in turn, makes prices go up, if they leave, demand goes down, which will make gold prices drop.

on my server i know most of the ppl who sell gold and buy direct from them and all but 1 of them are lv 80+
    the other one is lv 78
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In 3 months my hoarded event items will make me rich. I'm also in an amazing faction with an amazing group of people and I have lots of friends. So of course I'll be staying. ^_^

My goals aren't crazy impossible ones like "Win TW or Get +12 set or Hit lv105", but more like "Hit lv80 or get next TT set or earn 10m, or help faction out", and safe to say I'm really enjoying the game. As I go I get new goals and overcome more obstacles and learn more.

Pw is one of the best F2P mmo's i've played yet. (Of course, 2 months ago it was THE best by far =/ )
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    on my server i know most of the ppl who sell gold and buy direct from them and all but 1 of them are lv 80+
    the other one is lv 78

Are you kidding me? You think you know almost every gold-buyer on the server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Are you kidding me? You think you know almost every gold-buyer on the server?

gold SELLER not buyer lol
    and i know the big names in the server yes

check out my store by west tele ;) its a pink bull :P usually says somthing like

xxkTleOrbEventGem or something like that
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In every F2P game, the player base turnaround is very big.

Everyday, many players leave the game, and many players start playing it.

As for myself, I'm already halfway out. Mostly only doing daylies. I looked at a few new games, but none really caught my attention so far. And there is no release dates so far for the two games I'm eagerly awaiting.

And no, I'm not going to that game everyone talks about in this thread ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There is only 1 game that I would quit pwi to play, regardless of it being f2p or p2p
    B&S
    Quit.
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The new game everyone seems to be looking forward doesn't seem all that good to me, it actually looks like they copied a lot of this one lol, plus it's Korean, so it's probably a grind fest like every other Korean game out there, lol

And I love how andromedab acts like she knows everyone who charges zen and sells gold on the server, lol. Most gold sellers on Sanc that I know are actually under 60 (myself included) rofl
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i think that "uhm game" gona be like 1 other korean MMO.. RL money eater and grind fest like Dehlak already mentioned ..but anyways good luck for every1 who's going there =)
    im not gonna leave..had so bad experience from last korean MMO :)
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Im staying. PWI isnt perfect but im rather happy here.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yes and no.....yes because of the sales

no because i would miss it -.-

curently im like 70% for leaving and 30% for staying

i mean....do not bite the hand that feeds you

this game is going to die within the next year.....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAmraelx - Sanctuary
    XAmraelx - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Im staying playing b:cute Lag must leave b:chuckle
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm staying. I've seen far worse games survive through rougher patches than this. PWI won't be going anywhere any time soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thought about leaving espacially the last few weeks (reasons: changed price for molds in 1k, gold price, jolly jones xp-sellout, new permanent horse sale).
    Somehow some of the secrets of the game were sold out literally. And those secrets make pw so attractive.

Newertheless the scenery of this game is still fascinating and I began to play with 2 other alts. (bb RL).

Gameplay would be improved by more continuity: Let a weekend pass without any (or just 1) sale or event. Then things like that become more attractive. Same for the pw-economy. b:cute
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    high levels provide most of the gold and its the ppl who buy gold iwth money that are leavign for **** which means gold prices are guan go higher

Umm no,the people that regularly inject gold into the market are happier than pigs in brown stuff right now,they've never made so much ingame coin like they are over the last month or two.

I'm only going to play a new mmorpg when they finally realize my dream of a futuristic sci fi interplanetary battle setting,factions can control whole planets and launch their fleets of ships and drop ships to try take another factions planet rarr,oh and while you and your buds are in a dropship going down through the atmosphere you could have paint it black by the stones playing and say crazy mad things like hoorah and,kicking **** and chewing gum and i'm all outta gum and and and...ahhh this is amazing!!!!
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Let me see....

PWI is the first MMORPG where I've been playing nearly non-stop on for nearly a year. I've hardly even taken a break from it for more than a few days too....

PWI is the first MMORPG I've spent any money on....

PWI is the first MMORPG I've seen not only GMs in-game but also interact with the players on a regular basis....

PWI is the only MMORPG I've been playing in the last....two years? And still the only MMORPG I intend on playing for the time being.

That just about summons it up. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh, Lord.

Quit acting like the threat of you packing up your toys and going home is gonna make *anyone* change their minds here.

Yes, change is a pain. If you don't like it, then stop playing. Otherwise, Man Up, Nancy!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way.

RedMenace
    \sick and tired of the screaming tantrums
    \\play the game, or get out
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes, change is a pain. If you don't like it, then stop playing. Otherwise, Man Up, Nancy!

The ones that are leaving, will leave and not say anything. Anyone posting here about leaving just want attention, and they will still be here 6 months from now..... complaining.

Think about it, they are complaining about a little change, if they were to switch game, it would be a HUGE change, and as you pointed out, they do not like change to start with, so they will not go anywhere, and come up with an excuse for not leaving in the lines of "they are giving the game one more chance"...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    why leave? more and more of the original game is being put in, so why leave?

are u going to stay or leave
    post reasons please
    PLEASE VOTE
    i see 1.6k views and only 55 votes so vote!!!! (or die)

most of my friends are leaving so im still undecided but leaning towards yes

i think pwi should implement the housing system and fix some bugs so that more ppl would stay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The ones that are leaving, will leave and not say anything. Anyone posting here about leaving just want attention, and they will still be here 6 months from now..... complaining.

Think about it, they are complaining about a little change, if they were to switch game, it would be a HUGE change, and as you pointed out, they do not like change to start with, so they will not go anywhere, and come up with an excuse for not leaving in the lines of "they are giving the game one more chance"...

Some people play games for the competitive pvp. b:shocked

When your enemy can just throw down his visa and beat you with any combo of skills it kinda ruins the fun imo. Not everyone is saying they are leaving for attention. The op asked a question and people are answering it. I for one am not quitting because of change. I'm quitting because of lack of change.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    <waves goodbye>

RedMenace

\gonna stay
    \\anything more pitiful than a 9x who complains about everyone else?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    When your enemy can just throw down his visa and beat you with any combo of skills it kinda ruins the fun imo..

The same happens in P2P games ( look how plagued certain popular P2P games are with gold farmers, even though it is illegal)

But mostly in P2P you replace " who can thrown down his visa" with " who can spend the most time playing to leveling ".

I havent found an MMO yet thats 100% balanced in the PvP department.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well, I;m staying not really for current enjoyment but more likely for future enjoyment.

I do see they are doing changes in the game. when I joined the first time, there were few changes and low hope in updates.

But recently we are getting updates really often, which means they do care and the game is just getting better.

BTW, most of my friends are gone. I guess is natural as you start hitting end game stage.

All I can do is to make new friends.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The same happens in P2P games ( look how plagued certain popular P2P games are with gold farmers, even though it is illegal)

But mostly in P2P you replace " who can thrown down his visa" with " who can spend the most time playing to leveling ".

I havent found an MMO yet thats 100% balanced in the PvP department.
    Yes but pwi is very gear dependent compared to other games. I don't want to go into details but regarding a certain mmo the best gear is obtained by points acquired through pvp. You can't buy the best gear from an RMT because you can't sell pvp points. Even then the way you use your skills and adapt to the situation is still far more important.

As for you saying who can spend the most time playing is irrelevant. That will always be a reason why they are the best. That is part of every mmo, it's how they are made. FPS's are the type of game that would be the closest you can get to least played time vs. skill. As for leveling I have already reached 45 on my ranger on the chinese version of a different game and I only played casually.
  • Tup - Harshlands
    Tup - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    once people start advocating for a game that cannot be mentioned, it can quickly turn into promotion. There are plenty of places to discuss it to your hearts desire, just not these forums b:chuckle

Bad memories -_-
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The new game everyone seems to be looking forward doesn't seem all that good to me, it actually looks like they copied a lot of this one lol, plus it's Korean, so it's probably a grind fest like every other Korean game out there, lol

And I love how andromedab acts like she knows everyone who charges zen and sells gold on the server, lol. Most gold sellers on Sanc that I know are actually under 60 (myself included) rofl
    i know most of the BIG sellers of gold :P they often sell me like 300+ gold at a time for cheaper than AH prices XD (PS: wana sell meh gold? :P)
    Thought about leaving espacially the last few weeks (reasons: changed price for molds in 1k, gold price, jolly jones xp-sellout, new permanent horse sale).
    Somehow some of the secrets of the game were sold out literally. And those secrets make pw so attractive.

Newertheless the scenery of this game is still fascinating and I began to play with 2 other alts. (bb RL).

Gameplay would be improved by more continuity: Let a weekend pass without any (or just 1) sale or event. Then things like that become more attractive. Same for the pw-economy. b:cute
    yeah this game still rox but the status symbols/competitiveness jsut took a huge hit b:sad
    Umm no,the people that regularly inject gold into the market are happier than pigs in brown stuff right now,they've never made so much ingame coin like they are over the last month or two.
    what?
    I'm only going to play a new mmorpg when they finally realize my dream of a futuristic sci fi interplanetary battle setting,factions can control whole planets and launch their fleets of ships and drop ships to try take another factions planet rarr,oh and while you and your buds are in a dropship going down through the atmosphere you could have paint it black by the stones playing and say crazy mad things like hoorah and,kicking **** and chewing gum and i'm all outta gum and and and...ahhh this is amazing!!!!
    lol i think i found agame like that this evening