New prices on mounts

Options

Comments

• metorica
    metorica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok, when you have a house fire and lose all your belongings, you lose sentimental items, but things NEVER lose their value in that aspect. If you see your child take their first steps and lose that picture, its still a sentimental image in your mind that you will value forever. Because the picture is gone does not mean it loses any of its "value".

How can you lose the value of hard work and determination if you put hard work and determination into getting your mount? The hard work you still did, the determination you still had. You lost nothing unless you were hoarding dragon orders to sell and didn't quite meet the buzzer. In that case you wasn't shooting for the mount anyways. You can still finish the quest and get the item without spending RL money for it, or ingame coins. Grind your way just like you planned. If you go ahead and buy it in game or out of the shop then your argument is for naught. As you've devalued your own work and determination.

I didn't ever plan on commenting to you, since you along with others have that same mentality of "This is a game" and since it is so, I don't see why real life examples should "fit" in this game. Knowing that someone just has to open the Boutique and click 4 times to buy something that took me along with more than just a bunch of others a -while- to earn lets me know that value doesn't mean anything anymore.
    *Shrug*
    In any case, some of us wouldn't be so worked up over this is it wasn't permanent. I didn't care that bikinis and Duke Rose were permanently added, because they weren't my goal to get. But now, just seeing my goal is now a mere $20 is just.... It just hurts. I'd like to see other people would react over this same situation once their time and effort is shoved into the Boutique for mere cash
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Now glowing horses are added to CS, people that have them will complain, (I am sure I would up screaming if I had one as well), and now lots of people can have them.

Nobody I know paid any attention to the glowing horses, their "look how hard I worked" was really not there, it was more the "look how rich I am", since the horses could and were sold, same with the orders, so they really just showed you were rich. IMO of course.
    OK, tell you what. Emotions are flying pretty high on this issue, so I'll try to take a step back and meet you half-way here.

Probably there's not much difference between "look how hard I worked" and "look how rich I am". In both cases it's a status symbol whose value depends on others not having it. That kind of value seems to me to be a risky kind to strive for, since you lose it if others gain it.

That being said, though, I think the issues of preserving rarity and the difficulty of acquiring certain items is a vitally important component of any RPG. I remember a case where my brother was playing D&D and his best friend decided to try to award my brother's low-level character a super-powerful magic ring that would let him walk-through-walls and fly-at-will, among other things. My brother shook his head, picked up his character sheet, and walked out, because he knew the game had been ruined at that point.

What PWI seems to keep doing is jumbling up the value and rarity of items in order to generate sales. While I'll concede that this makes for good sales, it doesn't make for a good RPG. Thus they seem to be picking the fruit off of their money tree by cutting off its branches.

What I find really odd, though, is that it's not hard to take a step back and think of plenty of other sales or promotions they could have had instead that would have made people just as happy. PWI did something to alienate a bunch of their players when they could have done dozens of other equally-rewarding things that wouldn't have. This really wasn't a case of, "Well, we can't make everybody happy," this was a case of, "Huh? I don't know what you're talking about?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    metorica wrote: »
    I didn't ever plan on commenting to you, since you along with others have that same mentality of "This is a game" and since it is so, I don't see why real life examples should "fit" in this game. Knowing that someone just has to open the Boutique and click 4 times to buy something that took me along with more than just a bunch of others a -while- to earn lets me know that value doesn't mean anything anymore.
    *Shrug*
    In any case, some of us wouldn't be so worked up over this is it wasn't permanent. I didn't care that bikinis and Duke Rose were permanently added, because they weren't my goal to get. But now, just seeing my goal is now a mere $20 is just.... It just hurts. I'd like to see other people would react over this same situation once their time and effort is shoved into the Boutique for mere cash

So essentially what you are saying is that it was ok with you for all the sells that they did that may or may not have made items you wanted cheaper, because you didn't have them to begin with. But now that it directly affects you, you want to be angry and disgruntled about it?

That hardly seems fair. Matter of fact some would call that hypocrisy. Let me remind you, if I may; that what is good for one is good for another. That said, please remember that just because it didn't affect you before is no different than it is now that it is affecting you. As someone is always upset, and others always happy at things that are/or are not happening to them in this manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What I find really odd, though, is that it's not hard to take a step back and think of plenty of other sales or promotions they could have had instead that would have made people just as happy. PWI did something to alienate a bunch of their players when they could have done dozens of other equally-rewarding things that wouldn't have. This really wasn't a case of, "Well, we can't make everybody happy," this was a case of, "Huh? I don't know what you're talking about?"

^This^

Why not the Chromatic Elk? Or Midnight? The pet-manager horses? Hell, even the Swift Whitewind would've been a better choice. But no, they had to undermine the efforts of those who worked hardest for DQ mounts.
  • metorica
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So essentially what you are saying is that it was ok with you for all the sells that they did that may or may not have made items you wanted cheaper, because you didn't have them to begin with. But now that it directly affects you, you want to be angry and disgruntled about it?

That hardly seems fair. Matter of fact some would call that hypocrisy. Let me remind you, if I may; that what is good for one is good for another. That said, please remember that just because it didn't affect you before is no different than it is now that it is affecting you. As someone is always upset, and others always happy at things that are/or are not happening to them in this manner.

Mmph, I'm not gonna stay up to keep replying to this but that is not what I'm getting at. The so called "value" I'm talking about was never about how much it costed in price, that's why some items are sentimental for a lot of people including myself :/
    And no I'm not being selfish/greedy/pissed off because it just only affected me. Bikini's and Duke Rose are some of the only things I can think of that were made excusively, making them hard to obtain. Now they're in the Boutique, there's been a long line of people who were upset when that happened, a few of us and our horses are the newest additions to that line. My point is they keep going down this pattern and it might as well eventually hit you or others with whatever you have earned through time and effort.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *Shrug*
    Mmph, I'm not gonna stay up to keep replying to this but that is not what I'm getting at. The so called "value" I'm talking about was never about how much it costed in price, that's why some items are sentimental for a lot of people including myself :/
    And no I'm not being selfish/greedy/pissed off because it just only affected me. Bikini's and Duke Rose are some of the only things I can think of that were made excusively, making them hard to obtain. Now they're in the Boutique, there's been a long line of people who were upset when that happened, a few of us and our horses are the newest additions to that line. My point is they keep going down this pattern and it might as well eventually hit you or others with whatever you have earned through time and effort.

I had a bikini when they hit stores, I was a lil miffed at first. But then decided you know what, I had what I wanted, so I didn't care. I didn't begrudge others to have the same thing. So what if mine was seemingly worth less to the other customers of PWI, it was still worth what I paid for it, because I wanted it at the time. And got it before it was cool :).

As its been said over and over again, the time and effort you put into the dq was not taken away from you, neither was the quest. It all still remains. so unless you exclusively bought it to resell, its still worth the same 15 million to you. Thats what it was worth to you when you bought it, thats what its worth to you today. Unless of course you want to sell it, and in that case even a new car loses its value once its driven off the lot. If ev1 could get the mentality that things devalue over time no matter what, they would be better off. A dual spurred panther before update was worth around 1.5 mil in game. It costs 35 gold to spur it twice. But because it wasn't as wanted anymore, and newer stuff came out is value went down. By more than half. Those people if any had the right to complain when this happened. Or the fact u can now buy a mount already at lvl 10 speed for less than that. And spur it to 11 m/s for less still yet.

Really, people are way over reacting to this. Its sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1. Life is not fair. Sometimes things go in your favor, sometimes they don't. People tend to forget the lucky times, but remember the bad times. If you focus too much on the times when things didn't go your way, you will grow into a bitter old man/woman. It's over, it's past. You still have your horse. You still have whatever money you had in the bank just before they put the horses in the cash shop. Bad things happen in life. Don't dwell on what could have been in the past. Forget about it, move on, and think ahead to what could be in the future. It will make you a much happier person.

2. It is possible to make all the right decisions, and still have a bad outcome. The fact that you would have been better off waiting to get a horse does not mean you did something wrong. You made the right decisions at the time as to the best way to acquire what you wanted. That things turned out this way does not reflect upon you as a person. It doesn't mean you were stupid, or that you did dumb things. Anyone who says so is an idiot taking advantage of 20/20 hindsight. Sometimes things just turn out this way even if you make all the right decisions. Refer to (1) above.

3. In the grand scheme of things, your perceived loss is not that big a deal. A friend of mine invested his life savings into the stock market the day before Black Monday. He pulled out soon afterwards (thus missing the recovery), and was so disenchanted he avoided the stock market for a decade. He finally worked up the courage to try again in late 1999, a few months before the dot-com bubble burst. He's lost probably close to 80% of his life savings in those two crashes. Your loss, while it may seem painful, is really not so bad compared to what others have had to go through in life. The true measure of a person is how able they are to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and carry on.

4. Diversify. If you have a significant portion of your perceived self-worth tied up in a single thing, you are very vulnerable to being crushed both emotionally and financially if the value of that single thing suddenly drops. The key to avoid this is to diversify. Invest your wealth and sense of self-worth in lots of different things. If one of them fails, you still have the others to fall back on. Another friend of mine did nothing but coach for the local kids soccer team. He did it both as a job, and he spent all his free time helping the kids on the team out with practice, events, thinking up game plays, etc. When budget cuts forced the cancellation of the soccer program, he was devastated. No job, no other hobbies, no family, nothing. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

5. Have fun. It's a game. The point is to have fun. If you wanted a horse, you were supposed to have fun working to acquire it. If there is no fun way to acquire it, then it isn't worth getting. If the game ever starts to feel like it's becoming work, you need to step back and ask yourself: Why are you playing? Is it really worth it? Could you be doing something better with your time? Acquiring "stuff", leveling your character, becoming more powerful in-game, these are not the end goals. They are simply means to an end - to have fun. Keep some perspective, and never lose sight of this.

This.

Amazing advice.

Are you a therapist? b:thanks
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • metorica
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I had a bikini when they hit stores, I was a lil miffed at first. But then decided you know what, I had what I wanted, so I didn't care. I didn't begrudge others to have the same thing. So what if mine was seemingly worth less to the other customers of PWI, it was still worth what I paid for it, because I wanted it at the time. And got it before it was cool :).

As its been said over and over again, the time and effort you put into the dq was not taken away from you, neither was the quest. It all still remains. so unless you exclusively bought it to resell, its still worth the same 15 million to you. Thats what it was worth to you when you bought it, thats what its worth to you today. Unless of course you want to sell it, and in that case even a new car loses its value once its driven off the lot. If ev1 could get the mentality that things devalue over time no matter what, they would be better off. A dual spurred panther before update was worth around 1.5 mil in game. It costs 35 gold to spur it twice. But because it wasn't as wanted anymore, and newer stuff came out is value went down. By more than half. Those people if any had the right to complain when this happened. Or the fact u can now buy a mount already at lvl 10 speed for less than that. And spur it to 11 m/s for less still yet.

Really, people are way over reacting to this. Its sad.

I can understand that, I've lent money to desperate friends for just the boots before Duke Rose made it's comeback, but rares are supposed to be hard to obtain, yes you introduce more in the value goes down. But some people love that rares and other items/skills are diverse making the game fun for all in one way or another. If you keep adding in more items that used to be rare, by the time everyone has nearly everything it wouldn't really be fun to them anymore. That's one of the reasons why I left an old game to PWI, everything in the game that used to be cool/hard to get was now at everyone's fingertips and it just wasn't fun for most anymore. Seeing the diversity that PWI has to offer in whatever shape/form is a lot of fun for most (whether it be weapons, clothes, mounts). You add in more and it isn't as fun to get anymore. Buuuuuut, I think I'm just rambling off what I wanted to say so I'll just give it a rest for tonight and Zzzzzz
  • LadyWench - Heavens Tear
    LadyWench - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    do remember that if one were maximally lucky, it would still require 4.525 millions at npc value of dq items to obtain these rewards.

if maximally unlucky, it could take up to 23.3 million in dq items of the particular ones required.
    so it can be seen that even if sold at 12 million coins, this reward item would still have only covered the dq items used some of the time, on average.
    add to this the time invested to do the quests, and on and on...

you cannot compare in any real way someones disappointment with having their mount devalued thusly with the placing of bikinis in the cash shop.
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok, when you have a house fire and lose all your belongings, you lose sentimental items, but things NEVER lose their value in that aspect. If you see your child take their first steps and lose that picture, its still a sentimental image in your mind that you will value forever. Because the picture is gone does not mean it loses any of its "value".

How can you lose the value of hard work and determination if you put hard work and determination into getting your mount? The hard work you still did, the determination you still had. You lost nothing unless you were hoarding dragon orders to sell and didn't quite meet the buzzer. In that case you wasn't shooting for the mount anyways. You can still finish the quest and get the item without spending RL money for it, or ingame coins. Grind your way just like you planned. If you go ahead and buy it in game or out of the shop then your argument is for naught. As you've devalued your own work and determination.

Well since we're using real life analogies here is one: Are you college educated? If you are then you know the rigorous work and time it takes to obtain any kind of degree. In my hypothetical world what if that degree was easily obtained not by attending classes for about 4 years but rather paying a specific amount of dollars and attending classes for only a year? Surely you wouldn't say "Well they worked hard to EARN that money and deserve the same degree that I have"?

I dont really have the time nor desire to quote all the theories that come to mind such as incentive motivation or goal theory but here is one that stands out to me (Adam's equity theory):

"Equity theory proposes that individuals who perceive themselves as either under-rewarded or over-rewarded will experience distress, and that this distress leads to efforts to restore equity within the relationship. It focuses on determining whether the distribution of resources is fair to both relational partners....An individual will consider that he is treated fairly if he perceives the ratio of his inputs to his outcomes to be equivalent to those around him. Thus, all else being equal, it would be acceptable for a more senior colleague to receive higher compensation, since the value of his experience (an input) is higher. The way people base their experience with satisfaction for their job is to make comparisons with themselves to the people they work with. If an employee notices that another person is getting more recognition and rewards for their contributions, even when both have done the same amount and quality of work, it would persuade the employee to be dissatisfied. This dissatisfaction would result in the employee feeling underappreciated and perhaps worthless. This is in direct contrast with the idea of equity theory, the idea is to have the rewards (outcomes) be directly related with the quality and quantity of the employees contributions (inputs). If both employees were perhaps rewarded the same, it would help the workforce realize that the organization is fair, observant, and appreciative." -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equity_theory

Sorry for the length but I thought it was a worthy inclusion to the discussion at hand b:surrender
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • alahas
    alahas Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is really unfair. After I spent few $$$ houndreds on buying mount. GM lowers the price...Great Job!
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well since we're using real life analogies here is one: Are you college educated? If you are then you know the rigorous work and time it takes to obtain any kind of degree. In my hypothetical world what if that degree was easily obtained not by attending classes for about 4 years but rather paying a specific amount of dollars and attending classes for only a year? Surely you wouldn't say "Well they worked hard to EARN that money and deserve the same degree that I have"?

I would say they have the same piece of paper. They wouldn't have any of the knowledge from obtaining it, or the experience, or the pride in getting it. They would simply have the end result.
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i dont get what there acheiving out of puttin those 2 dq mounts in item mall... maybe there planning a different dq mount? w/e the reason i think it wasnt a good idea

(cant say there gettin more money... they wer gettin more when it was a dq item... players wer paying in the 100s)
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would say they have the same piece of paper. They wouldn't have any of the knowledge from obtaining it, or the experience, or the pride in getting it. They would simply have the end result.

I don't believe that the end result was ever in question.. this all has to do with the means to that end =P
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Aelfthryth - Sanctuary
    Aelfthryth - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    TL;DR

I don't see the point in all these complaints. In fact, the addition to boutique only makes it easier for ppl who have RL cash to splurge it on. If you don't want to splurge coins, do the DQs. At least they haven't taken that out and replaced it entirely with its avaliability only exclusive to the boutique.

If you worked hard in DQ for your horses, good for you! You can take your sense of satisfaction to yourself and take pride that you worked hard for it. To me it doesn't make a difference how one obtains it, since everyone has a different way of playing MMOs. You either play it for self satisfaction at having worked hard for something, or take the easy way out with cash shops. It is a choice, and YOUR choice at that.

Frustration is understandable, but in the end, all these are nothing but virtual achievements. Are these seriously the things you can put on a resume in RL to brag about? I don't think so.

Go get your heads cooled now. b:laugh
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OMG b:angry
    now people can just pop open the CS and click buy.

and before alot of people ( not all ) just popped open the CS and clicked buy gold to get these mounts, no differance, just now its not so elitist.

For those who did 80-100% of the Dqs themself to earn this mount, they have my sympathy, but for those who paid GC for it and are just moaning because its re-sale value has decreased then ... ermm tough.

IMO what PWI should do for all so called Rare items in future is make them untradable (in the case of DQ items that should extend to the orders aswell) then atleast the person who has one HAS earned it and not just bought it off the hard work of others, as was the case with alot of the DQ mounts.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    haha here is another thread o.o

well what to say... same here. I did grind and collect mats (40lvls!!!) and did DQ...got my silver mane (wasted rl cash on it tho and more then 20$). two days after getting my silver mane i see ppl selling it for 2mil. nice isnt it? i have no problem if they suddenly sell it in boutique but i have a problem that i lost 15mil within 2 days and i m totaly broke now! You want to say that its my problem since i wanted to have a rare pet?
    Why ppl getting cloths? Why getting black and white pigments to dye them? Cause we want to stand out..to be individual, unique, so ppl recognize us (this is called social status and is actually NORMAL for every human beeing).
    I wanted to do it fair way, with hard work and something i would love to give myself as a gift! Now its like in real life when your ferrary loses 99% of its price within a day (which you have earned with your hard job), because some dorks wanted to release them in mass..? whats the meaning to you of "hard work"? i did work hard for it! and now i feel it was wasted and THATS my problem! that your work and time you ve spent on is WASTED for 2mil mount....i had a goal, i reached and GMs took it away. Now i m not gonna be on for a while :D ty
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    alahas wrote: »
    This is really unfair. After I spent few $$$ houndreds on buying mount. GM lowers the price...Great Job!

You spent over a hundred dollars on what mount exactly?
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    haha here is another thread o.o

well what to say... same here. I did grind and collect mats (40lvls!!!) and did DQ...got my silver mane (wasted rl cash on it tho and more then 20$). two days after getting my silver mane i see ppl selling it for 2mil. nice isnt it? i have no problem if they suddenly sell it in boutique but i have a problem that i lost 15mil within 2 days and i m totaly broke now! You want to say that its my problem since i wanted to have a rare pet?
    Why ppl getting cloths? Why getting black and white pigments to dye them? Cause we want to stand out..to be individual, unique, so ppl recognize us (this is called social status and is actually NORMAL for every human beeing).
    I wanted to do it fair way, with hard work and something i would love to give myself as a gift! Now its like in real life when your ferrary loses 99% of its price within a day (which you have earned with your hard job), because some dorks wanted to release them in mass..? whats the meaning to you of "hard work"? i did work hard for it! and now i feel it was wasted and THATS my problem! that your work and time you ve spent on is WASTED for 2mil mount....i had a goal, i reached and GMs took it away. Now i m not gonna be on for a while :D ty

b:cry I can see your frustration but not playing for a while is just gonna slow down your leveling. Maybe its more healthy for you so you don't punch a hole in your monitor from being pissed off.

Noone can take your hard earned work away from you. You can atleast say you got your the old fashioned way and feel good about it.

Other than that, you need to realize you got yourself a rare mount at the end of its rarity. The next rare mount if you wanna be special you best get it earlier so you can boast about it longer.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Scorpius - Lost City
    Scorpius - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I worked very hard for my Violet Lightning, and although I don't mind it being in the Boutique now, 20gold is way too cheap for them, considering what you'd have to do in order to obtain one with DQ orders... even the most expensive 'normal' mounts cost 30gold when open beta was launched, so these should be the same, even higher...b:surrender

I didnt even complain when the battle pet packs went on sale a little after getting my herc and nix, but now it feels useless working for anything related to the cash shop, as sooner or later it'll be reduced.
    So GMs, tell me, when will 50gold herc/nix eggs be available in the cashshop? >.> or 20gold ninetail mounts? <.<

I get worried when i log on after maint in case i find something else which is screwed up -_-
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I worked very hard for my Violet Lightning, and although I don't mind it being in the Boutique now, 20gold is way too cheap for them, considering what you'd have to do in order to obtain one with DQ orders... even the most expensive 'normal' mounts cost 30gold when open beta was launched, so these should be the same, even higher...b:surrender

I didnt even complain when the battle pet packs went on sale a little after getting my herc and nix, but now it feels useless working for anything related to the cash shop, as sooner or later it'll be reduced.
    So GMs, tell me, when will 50gold herc/nix eggs be available in the cashshop? >.> or 20gold ninetail mounts? <.<

I get worried when i log on after maint in case i find something else which is screwed up -_-

they probably wont be, so speculation is a waste of time b:victory
  • Unreal_God - Harshlands
    Unreal_God - Harshlands Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So Are the mounts going to be removed from the shop i personally dont want them gone and i mean in the 1st place mounts never sell for what they should do so adding these mounts to shop isnt really a big deal as fare i see it
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Unreal_God wrote:
    So Are the mounts going to be removed from the shop i personally dont want them gone and i mean in the 1st place mounts never sell for what they should do so adding these mounts to shop isnt really a big deal as fare i see it

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/need-for-speed-sale-5571

^ read. These are perm additions.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yes i have read this but i have feeling due to the nmber of complaints they may remove them b:cryb:shocked
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yes i have read this but i have feeling due to the nmber of complaints they may remove them b:cryb:shocked

What number of complains? There are tens of thousands of people playing PW, if you look at how many complains you have here, it is less than 100.. so that represents less than 1%. Just because some people are complaining does not mean EVERYONE is complaining....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    kk fare enough i get ur point ^^
    edited August 2009
    Options

I dont really have the time nor desire to quote all the theories that come to mind such as incentive motivation or goal theory but here is one that stands out to me (Adam's equity theory):

"Equity theory proposes that individuals who perceive themselves as either under-rewarded or over-rewarded will experience distress, and that this distress leads to efforts to restore equity within the relationship. It focuses on determining whether the distribution of resources is fair to both relational partners....An individual will consider that he is treated fairly if he perceives the ratio of his inputs to his outcomes to be equivalent to those around him. Thus, all else being equal, it would be acceptable for a more senior colleague to receive higher compensation, since the value of his experience (an input) is higher. The way people base their experience with satisfaction for their job is to make comparisons with themselves to the people they work with. If an employee notices that another person is getting more recognition and rewards for their contributions, even when both have done the same amount and quality of work, it would persuade the employee to be dissatisfied. This dissatisfaction would result in the employee feeling underappreciated and perhaps worthless. This is in direct contrast with the idea of equity theory, the idea is to have the rewards (outcomes) be directly related with the quality and quantity of the employees contributions (inputs). If both employees were perhaps rewarded the same, it would help the workforce realize that the organization is fair, observant, and appreciative." -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equity_theory

Sorry for the length but I thought it was a worthy inclusion to the discussion at hand b:surrender

Actually yes. I went to school for dental assisting, only to find out that any fly by night person can walk into most dental offices without any degree or schooling whatsoever and get the same job. Did I waste my time going to school? Of course not. My education got me hired faster, paid more and I was more knowledgeable about my job. Is my degree worth more no. In the sense that said person and I have the same degrees now since working "under" the dentist there is the ability (and the must) to get the same accredentials. I'm no longer even paid more after that. Is it fair, no.. of course not. But life goes on. I still get paid. I still have my credentials.

People here should have that same outlook. You still have your silvermane. You still worked hard to get it. You achieved something you are proud of, or should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You people are all QQing about the wrong thing!

The ONE mount I've wanted since I started playing the game, the Whitewind, is the only mount they DIDN'T put in the cash shop.

So yeah, whoever's in charge of these things, put the Whitewind in the cash shop and I'll gladly spend some real money on the game.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually yes. I went to school for dental assisting, only to find out that any fly by night person can walk into most dental offices without any degree or schooling whatsoever and get the same job. Did I waste my time going to school? Of course not. My education got me hired faster, paid more and I was more knowledgeable about my job. Is my degree worth more no. In the sense that said person and I have the same degrees now since working "under" the dentist there is the ability (and the must) to get the same accredentials. I'm no longer even paid more after that. Is it fair, no.. of course not. But life goes on. I still get paid. I still have my credentials.

People here should have that same outlook. You still have your silvermane. You still worked hard to get it. You achieved something you are proud of, or should be.
    Posts like this will be ignored cause it makes sense b:chuckle you know how those QQ-ers answer to the easy posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You people are all QQing about the wrong thing!

The ONE mount I've wanted since I started playing the game, the Whitewind, is the only mount they DIDN'T put in the cash shop.

So yeah, whoever's in charge of these things, put the Whitewind in the cash shop and I'll gladly spend some real money on the game.

Intersting point you make as to why it wasn't made a CS item....anyone care to take guesses?