TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    masuku wrote: »
    Leg has not proven in over a month it can beat Nef in any battle 1v1, Nef has.

Maybe you didn't know this but Leg beat Nef and 2 other factions in a 1v3 on Saturday. Leg beat Nef again in a 3v1 on Sunday. A good weekend for Leg I'd say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The only dynamic that changed was that Reg attacked with Leg instead of Nef, and that now it's Leg taunting in WC and forums instead of Nef. Nef lost one territory facing Reg and Leg, Leg lost two territories facing Nef and Reg; that they were the exact same set-ups shows that Nef is still the stronger faction between the two, regardless of spin. Leg has not proven in over a month it can beat Nef in any battle 1v1, Nef has. Essentially, both factions are at the mercy of the third power, which at this point is Reg. It's just a question of how Reg, and the rest of the server, wishes to use this position; Outlaw getting back in the game would also make a difference. Both factions will lose land if ganged by two more good factions alongside the other power, main thing is to make sure that both are killed at the same time and aren't just trading lands to each other.

That's somewhat true.. but also keep in mind when it's 1v1 Nef/Leg it's 80v80. When it's it's 3v1 it depends on how many extra TW active players they can field for the other 2 TWs on top of the first 80. So pretty much it brings into play the less experienced 120 TW players of faction into play too.

It's arguable to say who's stronger.. many would say base a faction's strength solely on their top 80 players in 1 TW, but I don't think that's completely accurate, I think it should include the overall strength of all 200 members in terms of defending multiple lands too.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That's somewhat true.. but also keep in mind when it's 1v1 Nef/Leg it's 80v80. When it's it's 3v1 it depends on how many extra TW active players they can field for the other 2 TWs on top of the first 80. So pretty much it brings into play the less experienced 120 TW players of faction into play too.

It's arguable to say who's stronger.. many would say base a faction's strength solely on their top 80 players in 1 TW, but I don't think that's completely accurate, I think it should include the overall strength of all 200 members in terms of defending multiple lands too.

I would agree here, as 3v1s are reliant on numbers and strategy in splitting. However, I would also have to agree with Byno. Last month it was, "Nef is screwed, Leg is going to take over the map." Couple weeks ago it was, "Leg is screwed, Nef is going to take over the map." Now we're back to the first situation. Wait a few more weeks and who knows, maybe the dynamics will shift again. b:pleased
  • masuku
    masuku Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe you didn't know this but Leg beat Nef and 2 other factions in a 1v3 on Saturday. Leg beat Nef again in a 3v1 on Sunday. A good weekend for Leg I'd say.

Leg beat Diablo and Validus alongside Nef. Never even heard of Diablo, I'm guessing those factions probably each brought what, 30-40 people at best, maybe a couple of 9x if that? Trumpeting that doesn't mean much, except that you feel a need to validate yourself. Leg simply got lucky that it was those two that came in with Nef, and not a Reg, Outlaw, Recluse, etc. Leg had a good weekend, yeah, but I find it funny theirs and yours bravado simply because Reg decided to go with you this week and you did half as well with them as Nef did just last week. Odd how neither faction seems to publicly recognize how reliant they are on help now. b:laugh

Oh, and I agree with Dan actually. A faction is about the 200 all taken together, not just the top 80. This is where my thought seems to differ from the Legendary people; they're making a big deal out of the tide turning since they won with help this week, when they actually got the worst of the exchange over the two week span with the server playing both sides. I'm inferring Nef got split badly and pressed to the wall in all three TWs; actually, that it was able to recover from a screwed-up start and salvage 2/3 attacks shows better tactics and faction play as a whole then Leg just caving in two lands last week same situation. If you go by that, Nef has the upper hand in TW management and pure levels, they just need to get the reinforcements that Leg is relying on to build themselves back up.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Leg beat Diablo and Validus alongside Nef. Never even heard of Diablo, I'm guessing those factions probably each brought what, 30-40 people at best, maybe a couple of 9x if that? Trumpeting that doesn't mean much, except that you feel a need to validate yourself. Leg simply got lucky that it was those two that came in with Nef, and not a Reg, Outlaw, Recluse, etc. Leg had a good weekend, yeah, but I find it funny theirs and yours bravado simply because Reg decided to go with you this week and you did half as well with them as Nef did just last week. Odd how neither faction seems to publicly recognize how reliant they are on help now. b:laugh

Ast was just correcting you. You said Leg hasn't proven they can beat Nef 1v1 in a month, while this weekend Leg won both times against Nef. If you think Diablo and Validus are nonfactors, then consider it a 1v1. It still proves your previous statement incorrect.

Yes, people not participating in these Nef vs Leg TWs don't get much out of TW itself, but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of factors that decide which faction will come out on top, from avaliable players to planning to luck. It really is a very dynamic process that can't be determined on 'what Nef did last month', and both factions are very dedicated to it. It's a lot of fun c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wondering if this masuku is one of nefs mems alt b:shutupb:chuckle
    jaykayyyb:bye
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I gotta admit that Legendary employed some awesome tactics last TW. It was fun to participate in that TW.
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Dawning had fun. We love TW even though they dont last long. Somethign to do other than questing and grinding all the time =). Cant wait till this weekend
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • masuku
    edited August 2009
    Ast was just correcting you. You said Leg hasn't proven they can beat Nef 1v1 in a month, while this weekend Leg won both times against Nef. If you think Diablo and Validus are nonfactors, then consider it a 1v1. It still proves your previous statement incorrect.

Yes, people not participating in these Nef vs Leg TWs don't get much out of TW itself, but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of factors that decide which faction will come out on top, from avaliable players to planning to luck. It really is a very dynamic process that can't be determined on 'what Nef did last month', and both factions are very dedicated to it. It's a lot of fun c:

Ah, let me clarify then. By beat 1v1, I meant take the HQ, which Leg hasn't done in a long time on its own, attack or defense. It is a win to hold for 3h, but it's not truly overpowering the other faction in a vacuum, which was all I meant to say. Leg has not shown that strength in some time, Nef has far more recently.

My point simply was, Leg has been getting beaten back badly, up until this weekend when Reg switched sides; quite frankly, they needed help and were lucky to get it. It doesn't really do anything though for the server for both sides to be swapping land. Leg has not shown it can defend but one land when facing the same attack, Nef has. If you can dispute this, go ahead. That may be entirely different going forward if Nef's rebound plan is "OMG, theyze haxxored us, GMs help plox", but in no recent time has Leg shown the same individual strength as Nef, and a direct comparison of the prior two weekends shows their TW command is worse in operating on multiple fronts given the exact same attacking strength. So, til proven otherwise, they're the better target for a new faction trying to gain land, though ideally you'd have a 2nd Reg going (Outlaw?) that could team with Nef while Leg uses Reg so that both sides are bleeding each weekend.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Legendary using Regicide? _julio and ebs_son never let me take advantage of their bodies, errr I mean Q_Q
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In a defense you are not required to beat the enemy HQ to win, you only need to do that on offense. Nef failed to do this on Saturday and in many ways Legendary's strong showing in a 3 hour defense set us up for the victory on Sunday.

You are making a large generalization about the relative strength of the two factions from a single day weeks ago when Legendary lost 2 lands. I don't see why a weekend a few weeks ago would be more indicative of the faction's current strength than a more recent showing. This last weekend Legendary had 8 TWs and won all of them, Nef had only 4 TWs and lost half of them. The two that Nef did manage to win were apparently by slim margins.

If you wish to dredge up past TWs and ignore recent ones it wasn't too long ago when Nef lost to Dreaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • masuku
    edited August 2009
    In a defense you are not required to beat the enemy HQ to win, you only need to do that on offense. Nef failed to do this on Saturday and in many ways Legendary's strong showing in a 3 hour defense set us up for the victory on Sunday.

You are making a large generalization about the relative strength of the two factions from a single day weeks ago when Legendary lost 2 lands. I don't see why a weekend a few weeks ago would be more indicative of the faction's current strength than a more recent showing. This last weekend Legendary had 8 TWs and won all of them, Nef had only 4 TWs and lost half of them. The two that Nef did manage to win were apparently by slim margins.

If you wish to dredge up past TWs and ignore recent ones it wasn't too long ago when Nef lost to Dreaming.

You missed what I said. Nef has shown the ability within a recent timespan to defeat Legendary's crystal both on attack and defense. Drawing for 3h is a win if on defense, but not a clear indication of superior force, especially given the massive advantage of towers and defense. My question simply is this, when is the last time Leg killed Nef's crystal without other factions, and when is the last time Nef killed Leg's crystal without other factions (attack or defense)?

I would counter you are making a large generalization by citing the number of TWs you won this week as a measuring stick of your own prowess. Again, how many people, of what level, did anyone you fought other than Nef throw at you? If you consider 9x killing a few 7x a testament of strength though, congratulations I guess. Funny how both Nef and Leg like to build up minor achievements when they're riding high.

Your last point is truly amusing. What is your definition of recent TWs if not the last two weekends, are there other TWs I'm not aware of since then? The prior weekend, Nef attacked with Reg and Lion, Leg lost 2 lands fast. This week, Leg attacked with Reg and Recluse, Nef lost 1 land fast but recovered to hold the other 2. Near identical circumstances, Leg fared worse than Nef; can say Nef almost lost other land, but they didn't, Leg did. If we keep going back, Nef had also taken land the prior two weeks from Leg, with little difficulty, and was routinely ending Leg attacks before the 3h limit, meaning they were actually killing Leg HQ on defense. Those results seem to speak for themselves; Leg needed help with Nef, got it, and has Reg to thank for its new land.

Either way, both factions have shown vulnerability. Hopefully now the server cashes in, starts tearing them both down, and we can actually have meaningful reports again without all the posturing b:laugh
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So exactly whose alt account are you? :p

Oh and the last time Legendary beat Nefarious without "assistance" would be about a month and a half ago. Legendary had two successful attacks in two weeks, I believe the second week we did so alone.

You could just check previous reports in this thread. Nah, continue with your rant :p
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ah, let me clarify then. By beat 1v1, I meant take the HQ, which Leg hasn't done in a long time on its own, attack or defense. It is a win to hold for 3h, but it's not truly overpowering the other faction in a vacuum, which was all I meant to say. Leg has not shown that strength in some time, Nef has far more recently.

Ah, I see what you're getting at now. To be honest, there was a chance that Leg could have taken down Nef with a crystal kill during that defense, as Nef was pretty much contained, but it was decided that continuing to keep them contained was a safer win than continuing pushes, and so no further attacks were made. If a crystal kill is your definition of a 1v1 win, then I won't agree or disagree with you on that until Leg gets a proper 1v1 attack setup going to really see who's currently on top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I believe that was the ONLY time in recent Sanctuary history that Legendary was successful in bringing down Nef's crystal. Any other time, Regicide was in the mix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not argueing with anyone about whose stronger or w/e.

I was just wondering OOSNOWFOXOo how come u dont make vids of your losses where u guys lost land and only of wins and losses where no land changes hands? Is it cause you werent in those tw's? or was it cause not enough footage worth making a vid? or forgot to record it? I cant find any on your youtube thing, if there is would u please tell me where they are so i can see. I just like to see if people were plainly overpowered or tactically beaten win or lose. No this is not ment as a jab at Leg since all the members i've met (no i havent met them all) are pretty nice. I dont know who else would record vids in Leg's point of view, so sorry SNOW if it seems like im picking on you.
  • alahas
    alahas Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does Legendary always like to brag about their Victory against Nef? What ever happened to Etherbade when Nef completely kick legendary butt to the curve and yet I did not hear any of Nef members brag about their victory.

Quote of the day “Oh and the last time Legendary beat Nefarious without "assistance" would be about a month and a half ago”

Nef is just quiet but deadly. I would love to see Nef take legendary precious Archosaur. Maybe then Leg would learn to respect Nef and admit that their sort of looser.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does Legendary always like to brag about their Victory against Nef? What ever happened to Etherbade when Nef completely kick legendary butt to the curve and yet I did not hear any of Nef members brag about their victory.

Quote of the day “Oh and the last time Legendary beat Nefarious without "assistance" would be about a month and a half ago”

Nef is just quiet but deadly. I would love to see Nef take legendary precious Archosaur. Maybe then Leg would learn to respect Nef and admit that their sort of looser.

Ermmm, "bragging"....are you for real? I don't see the bragging , it's more like LOL'ing at nef's reasons for loosing this week which you can get a good ideea of in the "Y u HAX" thread. That's what all the big hustle's about and it was funny as hell ,no comment here ; thx to sinangel's "archers 1 hitting ppl with axes from range" HAX we and a large part of the server had the best laughs ever on sunday :P
    It's the other way around of what you say : we didn't QQ after all of our looses no matter the reasons,yet they start inventing an excuse as soon as they don't win,that's just LOL . With that said ,think again on who just proved to be the sore looser here,nef or leg?

Also I notice ppl think that nef is suddenly weak now, that's also LOL ; I don't see why they'd be weaker after their winning spree from loosing just 1 land .

P.S: please note that not all forum threads/posts are Q_Q ones. Some of us here are frequent forum users and we discuss on whatever subject we find interesting.
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    he present managerial system of nef is bad.... not the whole lot but a few handfull.. they cant stand defeat.... when they get the **** beaten out the whine and brag like kids...... and comments like Y you **** and Y you Purge and Lately "Leg Send Virus to my comp" they are idiotic and jst hillarious..... and if leg did brag they had the right to brag... wtf did nef do to dreaming ?? 200m bid on that piece of land ? why not let other small factions fight on it ?? why not let there sister faction emi bid on it ?? Why Nef it self and why the 2 hr charm **** ?? what does it prove who brags ?? last week atk on nef...leg took them down in 15 mins or so and then also when nef came to regi it took the bloody 1 and half hour to win.... "nef is silent but is deadly" "nef is dead and silent sounds better"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    he present managerial system of nef is bad.... not the whole lot but a few handfull.. they cant stand defeat.... when they get the **** beaten out the whine and brag like kids...... and comments like Y you **** and Y you Purge and Lately "Leg Send Virus to my comp" they are idiotic and jst hillarious..... and if leg did brag they had the right to brag... wtf did nef do to dreaming ?? 200m bid on that piece of land ? why not let other small factions fight on it ?? why not let there sister faction emi bid on it ?? Why Nef it self and why the 2 hr charm **** ?? what does it prove who brags ?? last week atk on nef...leg took them down in 15 mins or so and then also when nef came to regi it took the bloody 1 and half hour to win.... "nef is silent but is deadly" "nef is dead and silent sounds better"

Just a few things I'd like to point out.
    they cant stand defeat....

You can't use that in an argument. This is, after all, a game, and people get annoyed when they lose, regardless of who they are, and what faction they're in. Look at how many factions have given up on TW's due to defeat.
    when they get the **** beaten out the whine and brag like kids......

Wait, what? How can they be bragging about defeat?
    and comments like Y you **** and Y you Purge and Lately "Leg Send Virus to my comp" they are idiotic and jst hillarious.....

Hey, people need to justify their losses. That's how Nefarious does it. However, what I find hilarious, is how little sense you make in um... like, all of your posts.
    wtf did nef do to dreaming ?? 200m bid on that piece of land ?

Who says they have to be team players, and let other people have territories? Just cause a handful of people want the map colourful once again, doesn't mean everyone does. It's a matter of opinion, which sets aside individuals, after all.
    why not let other small factions fight on it ?? why not let there sister faction emi bid on it ??

Why? Nefarious already expressed their wishes to take over the whole map. You might have a problem with it, along with other people - but they don't, so why should they leave it alone? They shouldn't.
    Why Nef it self and why the 2 hr charm **** ??

If you mean selfish, then that's just another matter of opinion. Sure, **** Dreaming's charm for 2hrs was uncalled for, but then again, nobody told Dreaming to continue fighting a pointless battle for 2hrs. That's not Nef's fault - that's Dreaming's fault.
    nef is dead and silent sounds better

What would sound better, is if you spell checked your rants before making everyone spend their day trying to make out what you're saying. b:bye

Oh, by the way; hey singsung. b:dirty
    Note: I quit the game months ago, and I don't know how anything's going ingame, I'm just basing my post off of common sense. b:cute
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I believe that was the ONLY time in recent Sanctuary history that Legendary was successful in bringing down Nef's crystal. Any other time, Regicide was in the mix.
    How can regicide been in the mix when LG is on defense...Nef dont attack 2 lands at a time.
    Unless you don't consider June recent, which is understandable, but my post was to answer the person that said LG cannot take Nef crystal down alone, as in Never.
    Not argueing with anyone about whose stronger or w/e.

I was just wondering OOSNOWFOXOo how come u dont make vids of your losses where u guys lost land and only of wins and losses where no land changes hands? Is it cause you werent in those tw's? or was it cause not enough footage worth making a vid? or forgot to record it? I cant find any on your youtube thing, if there is would u please tell me where they are so i can see. I just like to see if people were plainly overpowered or tactically beaten win or lose. No this is not ment as a jab at Leg since all the members i've met (no i havent met them all) are pretty nice. I dont know who else would record vids in Leg's point of view, so sorry SNOW if it seems like im picking on you.
    What you mean? I recorded all vids from May 2nd up until July 10th(That I was in), I don't play the game often now and lost interest to make more videos. And we did not lose any land during that period, so I guess thats you answer. A I O N vids coming soon^^
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What you mean? I recorded all vids from May 2nd up until July 10th(That I was in), I don't play the game often now and lost interest to make more videos. And we did not lose any land during that period, so I guess thats you answer. A I O N vids coming soon^^

I was talking about the two losses Etherblade and another land but you answered my question when u said you werent active so ok then. Ty for responding. I know u recorded losses too but i was wondering why there is no new vid in a while. Just wanted to see is all.
  • alahas
    alahas Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009

All I can say is. WTF! Am getting a headache reading this..
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Territory Wars 14th August - 16th August

Recluse Attacking The Frozen Path (Nef)

typo or colour problem?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary
    Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ty, i hadn't noticed that one lol, been changed now
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    on the Defensive 13 times over the Three days of Battles.

I thought we only had 10.
  • Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary
    Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hehe for some reason the number 13 had got stuck in me head, why i dont know, could be i drunk too much Coffee b:chuckle
  • noblet
    noblet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, Nef is attacking Reg. Looks like with recent events, they desperately need a win to boost moral.But since it's Reg, victory is far from certain...
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    15th August 20:09 - Audeamus Attacking Plain of Farewells (Leg)
    15th August 20:09 - Dawning Attacking Tradewind Village (Leg)

are you sure they are at the same time?
    b:bye you were all swell peoples