New prices on mounts

Options

Comments

• Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    DQ horses in boutique b:sad
    All the hard work i did to get my horse now just looks pointless since now everyone can have em so easily b:cry
    Yay for the new players that can now get em for just 20 g......
    Sucks for the rest of us that got em the hard way b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's so interesting see how ppl are frustrated about it... And isn't few ppl... Not nice.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's so interesting see how ppl are frustrated about it... And isn't few ppl... Not nice.

Yups, the same people that were complaining how things cost too much just last week.....

The lesson here is:

Please make everything I want cheap, but keep everything I already have expensive...

How about those poor new playes that really need to have a new glowing horse? Don't they deserve to be able to get it for 20g instead of 20million coins?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Anyone have any idea what Silver and Copper Dragon Orders are now worth based on the remaining DQ rewards that have value? They used to be around 300K and 30K respectively on HT.
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yups, the same people that were complaining how things cost too much just last week.....

The lesson here is:

Please make everything I want cheap, but keep everything I already have expensive...

How about those poor new playes that really need to have a new glowing horse? Don't they deserve to be able to get it for 20g instead of 20million coins?

They already reduced the prices of mounts so new players can get em easily, they didnt have to add the dq horses there, those new players could have worked their asses off like most of us to get the glowing horse they want, we were all new players once but we managed to get em.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They already reduced the prices of mounts so new players can get em easily, they didnt have to add the dq horses there, those new players could have worked their asses off like most of us to get the glowing horse they want, we were all new players once but we managed to get em.....

So, as I said, its ok to reduce prices of stuff, unless is things you already have.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So, as I said, its ok to reduce prices of stuff, unless is things you already have.....

DQ horses were never in boutique they didnt reduce its price they just made it accessible too easily, compared to what ppl had to do to get em before.

I have a nine tails too for which I didnt work to win and dont care if i see it in boutique but the horse I do care cause it took me 40 lvls of DQ to get it, and I dont want to see ppl that dont even know what dragon quest is having one so easily and cheap......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ive never complained, I knew the prices fluctuate... this is ridiculous though. I never threatened I was going to leave when I didnt get my way. I dont even want to play anymore. Its depressing. Its quite heartbreaking that PWI can disregard ones effort for a mere 20g.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    DQ horses were never in boutique they didnt reduce its price they just made it accessible too easily, compared to what ppl had to do to get em before.

I have a nine tails too for which I didnt work to win and dont care if i see it in boutique but the horse I do care cause it took me 40 lvls of DQ to get it, and I dont want to see ppl that dont even know what dragon quest is having one so easily and cheap......

Yes they were Quest rewards and could only be obtained initially through the DQ or bought from someone who did the quests. Now anyone can bypass the quest with a click of the Cashshop button.

At the very least they could have made it very limited time and priced it high. Then at least the DQ may still have some value. *sigh*
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

The lesson here is:

Nobody NEEDS a glowing mount. That is the big difference. I had no problem choking down the loss of Misty rings and such, because the players needed them to compete. They did not NEED a glowing mount without the effort it takes to get one.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    At the very least they could have made it very limited time and priced it high. Then at least the DQ may still have some value. *sigh*

But but they still have value. You can get those really neat molds or do that neat lottery. *runs off to laugh* Oh and yes I do have DQ items, DOs, and no horse.

(I was gonna spice this up and do a Triumph comment in here but thought better of it.)
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    and I dont want to see ppl that dont even know what dragon quest is having one so easily and cheap......

Might be a shock to you, but the game isnt just about what you WANT.

But but they still have value. You can get those really neat molds or do that neat lottery

And the XP that finishing a DQ gives, but thats kinda slipped peoples minds
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This statement is factually false. I made a ridiculous mountain of coin last week. I never complained that things cost too much, because I knew that actually the prices were too low, so I bought and re-sold for huge profits.

In fact, I love high prices in general, because I make my money by trading and taking a percentage. Thus, higher cost = more money for me.
    You keep repeating yourself again and again. Yet here I am, somebody who never had a Silver Mane, is loaded to to hilt with coin, and is not at all concerned whether or not his items devalue, yet even I can see that this decision hasn't hurt those like me who are rich, but rather those who instead worked hard.

I make my in-game money off the backs of those who grind/farm/quest for their money. I fully admit this. I let them do all the work and then I play with some numbers a bit and figure out how to shave a portion of their profits off of their effort for my own personal gain. I'm a shameless capitalist, and I don't hide it.

But I can't earn a dime if the people who are actually doing all the work get shafted. They need to be rewarded for their efforts, and despite your constant repetition that this decision is a triumph for the PWI under-class, you're simply wrong.

- EDIT -

Actually, I take that last bit back. I can still earn tons, regardless of whether or not the workers get the shaft. I keep forgetting that capitalism works just fine for the rich when the poor get shafted. Oh, and hopefully my comments regarding my particular style of in-game behaviour don't take this whole discussion off-topic into the annoying world of real-life politics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Lesson for today: Remember kids, keep your etiquette and don't take games so seriously you get a hemorrhage.
    b:victory ......rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    true. however, implicit in this statement is the fact that you have been attempting to deny, which is that those "few" have been screwed in favour of appeasing the "masses". which is what those "few" are complaining about. so, instead of trying to insult everyone who feels that they have lost something, perhaps you should acknowledge that maybe that sense of loss actually stems from something real, and stop using catch phrases like "e-peen" and "get out of the basement and discover sunlight".

First off, I would never use the catch phrase "e-peen" I am quite insulted by it and feel it has no place in any forum.

Secondly, get it right. Its a MAGICAL thing called sunlight! I have not tried to deny anything. Matter of fact in one post I commended those who put forth such a great effort. However; you all fail to see the big picture here. If it was your company, would you rather tick off 500 ppl and make 50k happy or make 500 ppl happy and withhold the masses of money you could make from the 50k you made happy? As someone else said, last week it was "things are too expensive" this week its.. "why did they make the prices so low". No one is ever happy no matter what they do.

Lesson for today: Remember kids, keep your etiquette and don't take games so seriously you get a hemorrhage.
    b:victory ......rofl
    Or perhaps the thing he above was complaining about that I don't say :)! Clearly, the sunlight offends some ppls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I want to see XP cubes for players in boutique then i can do away with grinding altogether :)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If it was your company, would you rather tick off 500 ppl and make 50k happy or make 500 ppl happy and withhold the masses of money you could make from the 50k you made happy?
    Well, there are opposing mindsets regarding this kind of thing. I don't claim to be an expert, though.

One mindset is that you make your money off of special sale prices, promotions, limited-time-offers, the Christmas rush, and so forth. Generally, this is the preferred consumer-sales approach taken in North America. Our culture seems to really go for this sort of thing.

Another mindset, though, is that you focus on generating a consistent, high-quality product with a healthy means of generating a profit that you constantly fine-tune and adjust for maximum efficiency. The so-called "quality revolution" of the 1950s foreign auto-makers, led by Dr. W.E. Deming, is the ultimate example of this approach.

In the short term, there's not much question that the first approach nets you more profits. The question, though, is what is the long-term cost for doing so.

Every time the PWI marketing department picks up the ant-farm we know as PWI and gives it a good shake, we all get very excited and there's a flurry of activity which leads to a flurry of buying. But how many times can they shake their ants (ie. their customers)? What you're arguing is that they can keep doing it indefinitely, since any minority that leaves can be replaced.

Again though, I'm not an expert. Perhaps the first model, with its unstable (though I fully admit interesting and profitable for me) in-game economy is the one that is the biggest real-life money maker. But on the other hand if somebody can come up with a competitive game that can make money without all the chaos, I can imagine many people preferring that model instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Another one up for rich people.b:surrender

It is not one up..... but 12324896675374627862438726289278927867846 up always for rich people.

Always.

This is a fact in real life.........This is a fact ingame...... This is a fact till the day you die.

Expect it. Accept it.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if someone did indeed buy $100 of zen and sold it to purchase the "overpriced" horse, then PW gets that $100 regardless. furthermore, to all you proponents of a free market and a fluid economy, PWI cornering the market on "their own game" is NOT a free market. it completely ignores supply and demand by super-inflating supply and setting up a price ceiling.

to say that the main issue is not with status is to ignore what the few people who actually worked for the mounts have accomplished. i can farm or merchant the 20 gold in less than a week. however, it took me over 2 months and 40 levels to do the requisite dqs. no, not everyone bought orders.

you make a lot of broad assumptions and insulting comments about the people who are upset. not all players are the same. people play the game for a lot of different reasons. some play for PVP and thus focus on levels and gear, some play for the social community, etc. everyone has different motivations. please don't keep assuming that in an RPG level and gear mean everything to the community. otherwise, there wouldnt be a market for clothing or different mounts in the first place. everyone would buy (as you do) the cheapest, fastest mount, ignore all optional things like clothing, and grind ALL day.

one player said it best. "it's not a RPG game anymore, where players works to get the reward... but it's an eBay now, where it's all about money". free to play only works if it is fun to play for free. otherwise it's not truly free to play. if everything you work for is constantly devalued, how is this fun? i'd much rather spend $15 a month on a much better supported pay-to-play game than on cash shop items for a "free" game that is still rife with unfixed technical issues.

if you prefer this game, that's fine. but allow others to have their own opinions. it's not about "e-peen" or spending too much time in the basement, it's about playing a game for fun. there are so many other possible additions to the cash-shop easily implemented. instead the developers put in one of the very few mounts that had to be earned, either through loads of dqs or loads of coin, and to add insult to injury made the mount only 20g. this alone wouldnt be disturbing, but the past few patches have all indicated that the "exciting new content" is all smokes and mirrors, and all that remains is the boutique and players' wallets.

this is exactly how i feel too. i thought there was an equal balance between the pay to play and free to play but now everything is biased towards buying or using gold.
    they have taken so much from players from everything being reduced. its just one massive coin sink.
    I definitely understand that, but the nature of MMOs pretty much denotes that even rare items cannot be rare forever. The only option really is to just deal with it unfortunately. But like I said before, no one can take away the experience that you had working to get that mount, even if it's not going to the super rare anymore you still know how hard you worked to attain it.

so if some1 got the highest grade on a test, say 90%.
    then the next year they dropped the mark you had to get to 50% thats fair? and you have to deal with it? because in my eyes its exactly the same. i know that as more people get a rare item it becomes less rare but for pwi to take it upon themselves to just take that away its just rediculous.

the main problem i have is that is there anything worth doing to get items? if they can put something that you could only get by using in game items in the cash shop, then i wont be suprised that give it a year and you will see warsoul frags or instance mats in the cat shop and you will be able to get everything by buying it.
  • clevernickname
    clevernickname Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    First off, I would never use the catch phrase "e-peen" I am quite insulted by it and feel it has no place in any forum.

Secondly, get it right. Its a MAGICAL thing called sunlight! I have not tried to deny anything. Matter of fact in one post I commended those who put forth such a great effort. However; you all fail to see the big picture here. If it was your company, would you rather tick off 500 ppl and make 50k happy or make 500 ppl happy and withhold the masses of money you could make from the 50k you made happy? As someone else said, last week it was "things are too expensive" this week its.. "why did they make the prices so low". No one is ever happy no matter what they do.

Or perhaps the thing he above was complaining about that I don't say :)! Clearly, the sunlight offends some ppls.

my mistake, i got a bit confused with your ally Deceptistar. "its Perfect World, not Perfect Epeen".

but both statements are unbelievably trite and inaccurate in describing the issue that people have with the additions to the cash shop. value exists whether things are "real" (physical substance) or virtual. are those new shoes you just bought worth $100 because of how much you value them, or because the store sells them for that much? it is impossible to completely separate intrinsic value and monetary value. this is not a result of "lack of magical sunlight", but a facet of human nature in a capitalist society.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Obviously the people developing the game need to put a roof over their heads, pay the bills, support the family and do all that stuff, the boutique is basically their survival fund, lets not forget this.

I agree though that certain items need to remain seperate from cash shop, and that putting those rare mounts up for cheap sale is an insult to the people who help make Perfect World Int a world in itself.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    long quote

That is always the case. Bikinis, rings, etc, etc, etc. It is very hard to hurt the rich, since well, they are rich, everywhere, its the working guy that always ends up with the short end of the stick.

I have a panther, I had orders and ended up selling them (even though I regreted it later... I could had made a mint for the horse, or could had gotten the darn magic ring), I look at fuction over form (except for fashion.... I have no explanation for how much I spend in fashion...), and panther works as well as horse, for a fraction of the cost.

People spent the last 2 weeks screaming at gold prices and in-game costs (I know you were not one of them... If I remember right you made close to 100mil and your gf well over 100mil), this is one thing PW could have done to lower costs in game..... Of course it will make some people upset, but it will also make lots of people happy... noticed all the shiny horses around?

TBH, after you saw the bikinis making it to CS (the solid ones), you knew it was a matter of time before other "status overpriced items" followed it.

Now glowing horses are added to CS, people that have them will complain, (I am sure I would up screaming if I had one as well), and now lots of people can have them.

Nobody I know paid any attention to the glowing horses, their "look how hard I worked" was really not there, it was more the "look how rich I am", since the horses could and were sold, same with the orders, so they really just showed you were rich. IMO of course.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This statement is factually false.

How many, and how long where the threads over the past 2 weeks complaining about gold prices and how everything was going to cost more in game, like charms, mounts, etc?

I guess I could had been more accurate by having said "some of the people complaining last week" instead of same people. :)
  • metorica
    metorica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nobody I know paid any attention to the glowing horses, their "look how hard I worked" was really not there, it was more the "look how rich I am", since the horses could and were sold, same with the orders, so they really just showed you were rich. IMO of course.

Through your eyes I can understand that, through some of ours just knowing our items have lost the sentimental value of hard work and determination is hard to swallow >////<
    edited August 2009
    Options
    metorica wrote: »
    Through your eyes I can understand that, through some of ours just knowing our items have lost the sentimental value of hard work and determination is hard to swallow >////<

That, I understand. However the sentimental value is still there, having the item in the cash shop only reduced their in-game sell worth. (I know, not easy to swallow either...)
  • metorica
    metorica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That, I understand. However the sentimental value is still there, having the item in the cash shop only reduced their in-game sell worth. (I know, not easy to swallow either...)

I do thank you on giving us your sympathy and thought, though however I wish that other people would stop thinking that we're complaining about it to be greedy. 2 months and 5 entire levels on Nightscream is not worth having someone come up to you in Arch and telling you your item is now worthless, and if they can have it because it's worthless. But, if anything I wouldn't want PWI to keep doing this since bikinis used to be Dragon Temple only, Duke Rose was event only, if it keeps on going down farther and farther in this same pattern they'll eventually lose more people than they aim to gain. I just hope they realize it now before everything's liquidated .___.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OMG b:angry
    WTF

i spent millions to get my vilolet lightning.and even hunting down dragon orders to see this dreadfull day of it bein released into the cash shop. now people can just pop open the CS and click buy.

im so pissed right now. b:cry b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • missrumba1
    missrumba1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Found a more relevant thread to post this in
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my mistake, i got a bit confused with your ally Deceptistar. "its Perfect World, not Perfect Epeen".

but both statements are unbelievably trite and inaccurate in describing the issue that people have with the additions to the cash shop. value exists whether things are "real" (physical substance) or virtual. are those new shoes you just bought worth $100 because of how much you value them, or because the store sells them for that much? it is impossible to completely separate intrinsic value and monetary value. this is not a result of "lack of magical sunlight", but a facet of human nature in a capitalist society.

Quite the contrary. Up until this post Deceptistar made it a goal to disagree with me! Inaccurate? Id' hardly say. What you are saying is this: Things I have should hold their own value to me because I earned them, and then in the same breath you say that they are worth less because of what they did with the cash shop. Thats not possible. They are worth to you what you want it to be worth. Now, the sunlight comment had NOTHING to do with the silvermane itself, but rather the fact that so many people are on the internet literally crying about a pixelated pony. One that apparently they feel made them important and inferior to all less populated people in the existence of perfect world. Those people are clearly online too much and need to join the real world, even if only for a minute.

metorica wrote: »

Ok, when you have a house fire and lose all your belongings, you lose sentimental items, but things NEVER lose their value in that aspect. If you see your child take their first steps and lose that picture, its still a sentimental image in your mind that you will value forever. Because the picture is gone does not mean it loses any of its "value".

How can you lose the value of hard work and determination if you put hard work and determination into getting your mount? The hard work you still did, the determination you still had. You lost nothing unless you were hoarding dragon orders to sell and didn't quite meet the buzzer. In that case you wasn't shooting for the mount anyways. You can still finish the quest and get the item without spending RL money for it, or ingame coins. Grind your way just like you planned. If you go ahead and buy it in game or out of the shop then your argument is for naught. As you've devalued your own work and determination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyWench - Heavens Tear
    LadyWench - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You want hard work? Work for TT, or Lunar...or...WARSOUL!

that is part of the issue at hand... the hard work.

consider having to either grind all the dq drops, selling the ones not needed to get the ones you do. then doing the flying/riding/teleporting for dq stops (esp. if lower level and not having world quest to do already). or about doing tt runs for the money to buy orders.
    add to this the frustration of completing a higher lvl dq and receiving copper yet again and again, when you only need a few more silvers, etc.

consider this amount of hard work and the time and money involved. with an investment of this magnitude, the mount they received as a reward could pay for a set of tt60 and 70 armor, sharded with beautifuls, possibly even refined a bit. or it would have been just about a tt80 set, or, or, or
    now however, in one fell swoop, this toil and work is worth....one piece of equipment? (should the person want/need to ever trade/sell their mount)
    it is for this reason that some people are crying to the heavens looking for the magnifying glass that is burning them, for the pitcher of water that is flooding their ant hill.....
    yes, for some people, getting things in this game is easy, by virtue of having real cash, a large group of friends/faction mates who play and can help with whatever is needed, but for many, it takes a long time to gather mats, to level, to work toward whatever they have set as their goal.

i have absolutely no issue with pwi having a sale on the regular cash shop mounts. what i find extremely disturbing is the willy-nilly destruction of the dragon quest reward structure. i do not myself yet have one of these mounts or the molds that can be traded for dragon orders, but it was one of the things i was working towards (albeit slowly).
    in my opinion, it would have been much better to introduce new dq rewards
    first. this would have likely given rise to speculation that the mounts would then be removed or released for general sale, while still preserving, if briefly, the ability to sell or trade if desired.

after while after posting, the thought struck me that pwi had already begun the destruction of the dragon quest rewards months ago with the introduction of the supply stash weapons....
    perhaps soon we'll be astonished, (as an admin said he was to learn of upcoming developments), to find -6 % channeling gear easily available in the cash shop?
    while it has been stated that tt mats and xp will never be directly sold through the cash shop, that does leave the various ways of packaging random chances for consumption. expect more of them.....