New prices on mounts

Comments

• clevernickname
    clevernickname Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My local electronics store extended their sale specifically for me when I bought my laptop, because I had been in the week before looking at it and when I came back the sale was over. ;x

good to hear :) i'm glad somebody else has had this pleasant experience, because it seems like a lot of people here are of the sort who pay through the nose for everything and thank the companies for taking their money.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm *very* happy the DQ horse went on sale.

My wife has been taking all my DQ drops and banking them away to do DQ's with, trying to get that frackin' horse.

As soon as I saw the announcement this morning, I dug out the card and bought one for her, with the spurs.

Now I can have my drops back, and maybe be able to afford repairs/weps/armor/charms on this monster.

Red

I can see it....
    "Honey I have a surprize for you"
    "What is it?"
    "I am not telling you, log in"
    "Not now, I need to do something"
    "Come on, just for a sec"
    "Fine... What is that? OMG OMG OMG, you didn't....."
    <jumps, lands on lap, *censored*>
    "Can I have those DQ items you have in bank so I can repair my armor hun?"
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • clevernickname
    edited August 2009
    I can see it....
    "What is it?"
    <jumps, lands on lap, *censored*>
    "Can I have those DQ items you have in bank so I can repair my armor hun?"

ahah, this made me smile :)
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can see it....
    "What is it?"
    " BUT BUT I dont want it now its not a status symbol "

Edited that for you b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    actually, in case you didn't know, most department stores will indeed refund the difference if you made a purchase the day before a sale.

clearly, they see the value in customer satisfaction and retention. there's more to economics and profit maximization than money and prices.
    Sure its not them taking the fast way out les those QQ pple hold up the long sale line?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • clevernickname
    edited August 2009
    Sure its not them taking the fast way out les those QQ pple hold up the long sale line?

see the post below my original one. also, i have gotten a partial refund even when it was empty and nobody was waiting in line.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I definitely understand that, but the nature of MMOs pretty much denotes that even rare items cannot be rare forever. The only option really is to just deal with it unfortunately. But like I said before, no one can take away the experience that you had working to get that mount, even if it's not going to the super rare anymore you still know how hard you worked to attain it.

making too many high end rare items easy to obtain is how most games end up failing though. the last game i played i was part of a group of people who kept rare items rare unless people were willing to pay insane amounts of money. had 1 person pay $6000 over the course of two weeks to buy CHANCES to make a rare item. he failed on every attempt. after that the admins of the game made it easy to obtain this item and everyone became lazy. we were able to keep other items rare in game until we quit playing. after we left people were able to get all the rare items that we had held a monopoly on since the game began. 6 months later they announced the game was closing down because everyone had everything and the game wasnt making much money anymore.

keeping things rare in game and requiring effort to obtain high end items is what keeps people interested in playing a game. when everything becomes readily available to be purchased then most people get bored and move on to a new game which will supply them with a challenge.

i do understand you have to come up with a way to make the majority of the people happy while also thinking about how it will effect your profits. you are a business after all. but when you really think about it its not a good long term business decision to keep decreasing the value of rare items. in every game i have ever played that is what ends up causing the downfall of the game and you will start seeing a mass exodus of people leaving as item values continue to drop while gold prices are so high.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
    edited August 2009
    see the post below my original one. also, i have gotten a partial refund even when it was empty and nobody was waiting in line.
    I love how pple pretend they never saw these 2 quotes and answer things that are more easy to retort to b:chuckle
    There's no justification for being angry about this. Did the feeling of accomplishment and pride you or she had the moment she got her mount fade the moment they went on sale? If the answer is yes, please replace the captain of your brain ship, because he's drunk at the wheel. I would never let something becoming significantly easier to attain force me to let go of the pride I felt when I accomplished something I felt was absolutely cool at the time I did it. In my gaming career, there have often been times where I accomplished something, or got something first on my server, and went to bed happily, only to discover two months down the road that there's now an easy button to get what I had. And yet never in those times did I feel chagrin, or robbed; someone new now has that feeling that they got something awesome, and they're now feeling what I did then. It's almost like emotional sex, only the other person doesn't know I'm having it with them.
    The "pride of owning one" as a reward hasn't changed. You still went through those DQ quests, you still got it as a reward, and you still have it as a mount. All that's changed is that it's no longer a status symbol. It doesn't broadcast your accomplishment to other players anymore. If you feel being able to openly brag to other players is necessary for you to feel pride, then you have a serious self-image problem. Most people feel pride in knowing that they set some sort of goal for themselves, and they achieved it. While having other people know about your accomplishment is nice, it's secondary and not necessary.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    making too many high end rare items easy to obtain is how most games end up failing though. the last game i played i was part of a group of people who kept rare items rare unless people were willing to pay insane amounts of money. had 1 person pay $6000 over the course of two weeks to buy CHANCES to make a rare item. he failed on every attempt. after that the admins of the game made it easy to obtain this item and everyone became lazy. we were able to keep other items rare in game until we quit playing. after we left people were able to get all the rare items that we had held a monopoly on since the game began. 6 months later they announced the game was closing down because everyone had everything and the game wasnt making much money anymore.

keeping things rare in game and requiring effort to obtain high end items is what keeps people interested in playing a game. when everything becomes readily available to be purchased then most people get bored and move on to a new game which will supply them with a challenge.

i do understand you have to come up with a way to make the majority of the people happy while also thinking about how it will effect your profits. you are a business after all. but when you really think about it its not a good long term business decision to keep decreasing the value of rare items. in every game i have ever played that is what ends up causing the downfall of the game and you will start seeing a mass exodus of people leaving as item values continue to drop while gold prices are so high.

You want hard work? Work for TT, or Lunar...or...WARSOUL!

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Mounts are hardly high on the importance list for "high end rare items." As for the things that actually matter when killing things in this game, TT90/99, Lunar, and good higher level equipments/weapons in general are still hard to get and require rather substantial effort to do so as well. Most people I know find more motivation in getting those gears than getting a mount, although rare.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Mounts are hardly high on the importance list for "high end rare items." As for the things that actually matter when killing things in this game, TT90/99, Lunar, and good higher level equipments/weapons in general are still hard to get and require rather substantial effort to do so as well. Most people I know find more motivation in getting those gears than getting a mount, although rare.

BUT the horsies make you oh so pretty!
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't need a horse to make me look pretty.

b:victory
  • LadyWench - Heavens Tear
    LadyWench - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You want hard work? Work for TT, or Lunar...or...WARSOUL!

that is part of the issue at hand... the hard work.

consider having to either grind all the dq drops, selling the ones not needed to get the ones you do. then doing the flying/riding/teleporting for dq stops (esp. if lower level and not having world quest to do already). or about doing tt runs for the money to buy orders.
    add to this the frustration of completing a higher lvl dq and receiving copper yet again and again, when you only need a few more silvers, etc.

consider this amount of hard work and the time and money involved. with an investment of this magnitude, the mount they received as a reward could pay for a set of tt60 and 70 armor, sharded with beautifuls, possibly even refined a bit. or it would have been just about a tt80 set, or, or, or
    now however, in one fell swoop, this toil and work is worth....one piece of equipment? (should the person want/need to ever trade/sell their mount)
    it is for this reason that some people are crying to the heavens looking for the magnifying glass that is burning them, for the pitcher of water that is flooding their ant hill.....
    yes, for some people, getting things in this game is easy, by virtue of having real cash, a large group of friends/faction mates who play and can help with whatever is needed, but for many, it takes a long time to gather mats, to level, to work toward whatever they have set as their goal.

i have absolutely no issue with pwi having a sale on the regular cash shop mounts. what i find extremely disturbing is the willy-nilly destruction of the dragon quest reward structure. i do not myself yet have one of these mounts or the molds that can be traded for dragon orders, but it was one of the things i was working towards (albeit slowly).
    in my opinion, it would have been much better to introduce new dq rewards
    first. this would have likely given rise to speculation that the mounts would then be removed or released for general sale, while still preserving, if briefly, the ability to sell or trade if desired.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You just go around finding new players all day?O_O

No, from time to time I go grab ppl to join the lvl 3 faction I'm in.
    Ok the point is:

1. Yesterday I had the sensation that I was inside a dictatorship. How many posts was closed? Many threads with complaints was closed under the claim of spam and forbidden words and expressions. GM's was avoiding ppl complaints saying that it was spam. Ok, I'm really surprised thas this post here still open. This is amazing. And, GM's, you could, instead of closing posts, do what you was doing with the latest posts: put it inside this one here. Wouldn't sound so bad as what happened yesterday. Come on.. Be clever. It just made the company looks a bit worst.

The GM's/Mods were doing their job. There were too many threads being made and too many ppl complaining they just couldn't keep up. They did what was best for the forum world as a whole.

3. Why ppl leave? Ok, many are annoyed because everything has an end and yes, for they pwi reached the end. But also it's because the game reached a lvl of unsatisfaction. Ppl want new chalenges and when I talk about chalenges I'm talking about hard work inside game to reach what they want.

They have far from reached the end. FAR FAR FAR from reached the end. Maybe for you, and handful of others; for the most part.. they are still on top.

4. The horses was an example of hard work. We can look at this thread and see how many ppl telling how much they had to work to get their horses (and I am one of these ppl who worked for about one month and spend about 16-18 mil to have the horse). The sensation we have now is like we worked for nothing.

That sensation you feel, is actually greed. You still have the mount you worked hard for. You still have that sense of accomplishment(or should). The problem is, you are upset that now no one HAS to work as hard as you did to attain the same thing.

5. Because, well, now we have our mounts, happy us. But the value of the mounts wasn't just the 16-18mil, but how hard it was to get. So almost the entire group who had this mount was those ones who worked a lot for it.
    They disappointed 500 people to make 50,000 happy. and this was a bad marketing move on their part HOW?

6. But now that value atributed by feelings and status and game was gone because you can just buy it with 20 gold. It will make the sales of spurs and mounts increase, what gives to the mounts the simple comercial value. No more status with it.

If you value any "feelings" in life or status in life on crying about a pony you pixilated that lost its value you are on the wrong forums.

7. It can sound ridiculous, but administrators of a RPG/MMORG game: you must know that inside the game you deal also with feelings and status. Many ppl just play the pixels, many ppl don't. Why? Because we are in a comunity, with many other ppl, knowing each other and bla bla bla. Many ppl think that just lvl, weapons and armors give status. But there is the other half that don't think like this. There a big group of ppl that, for example, try to get a nice mount or white clothes because it's hard to get and it gives status. Not just because it's beautifull, but because the entire game know how hard is to get it.

8. You can't just put this "status group" out of the game. You must deal with it also. If at least the mounts wasn't permanent you wouldn't have so many complaints. But the point is that it made many ppl frustrated. And come on, games are not about a frustation caused for a decision of administrators. You can be frustrated with your faction, with your development, with many things. But the administrators can't cause it. Because doing it they are just taking ppl out of the game.

If everything, as you say is about status in this game.. then anyone below lvl 90 is messed up, they have NO status.

9. You, administratos and GM's, must "sell this game" for your players. Make ppl feel good inside it. And yes, I'm not stupid, I know they can't satisfy everyone. But action like this one with horses caused too many frustration and this is not good for you. And you know why: a game that doesn't give satisfaction for ppl won't keep they inside it.

Ok again Please Please please recognize that GM's didn't do this, they are merely here for damage control, and behavior problems. They do NOT make decisions about this game.

10. And yes: I know you won't give any attention for what I said and probably won't read it. But this is a big business mistake: everyone knows that to keep an enterprise working properly you must please your targets. This is a basic administration concept.

They are seeking the attention of the new comers, the low income, and the disabled. On top of anyone else you want to put into those categories that have very little else to do in RL due to expense. They have marketed their targets and they are doing quite well. Yes, some ppl are angry but the happy outweigh the unhappy, so they did just fine. I still to this day won't buy a 50$ mount. Mostly because I myself, can't justify spending that much. However; I still have a dual spurred panther on all accounts I bought in game between 1-1.5 mil. Your pixels may look prettier than mine, but they do the same thing at the same speed :)
    actually, in case you didn't know, most department stores will indeed refund the difference if you made a purchase the day before a sale.

clearly, they see the value in customer satisfaction and retention. there's more to economics and profit maximization than money and prices.
    Yes, and department stores focus on YOUR business. The people who live in the area that support them. This is the world wide web, there are millions of people from all walks of life on here. They need to appease the masses, not the few.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just for those who were interested.

greed (grēd)

noun
    excessive desire for getting or having, esp. wealth; desire for more than one needs or deserves; avarice; cupidity

loss

noun
    the damage, trouble, disadvantage, deprivation, etc. caused by losing something
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    4. The horses was an example of hard work. We can look at this thread and see how many ppl telling how much they had to work to get their horses (and I am one of these ppl who worked for about one month and spend about 16-18 mil to have the horse). The sensation we have now is like we worked for nothing.

That sensation you feel, is actually greed. You still have the mount you worked hard for. You still have that sense of accomplishment(or should). The problem is, you are upset that now no one HAS to work as hard as you did to attain the same thing.
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    While I'm happy that I can finally afford (or will be able to soon) a violet lightning, I feel SO bad for the people who actually worked their tails off to get those DQ mounts. I just hope this means more rare DQ mounts are coming.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why would we do another DQ to get a different "special" mount, just for this to happen again later down the road?
    edited August 2009
    Why would we do another DQ to get a different "special" mount, just for this to happen again later down the road?

It can happen with anything, you will do it because you want to be able to have a mount before anyone else, or because you like how it looks.

Same reason people pay 38 gold for a maxed aerogear when it only takes 26gold to max out the cheapest aerogear. They both end up with same speed, so why do people pay 12 gold extra?

And, for now, it is the only place to get those darn high level magic ring molds......
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    It can happen with anything, you will do it because you want to be able to have a mount before anyone else, or because you like how it looks.

Same reason people pay 38 gold for a maxed aerogear when it only takes 26gold to max out the cheapest aerogear. They both end up with same speed, so why do people pay 12 gold extra?

And, for now, it is the only place to get those darn high level magic ring molds......

Or in my case, 50 Gold...

I b:heart my Rose Gold Gourd...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited August 2009
    Or in my case, 50 Gold...

I b:heart my Rose Gold Gourd...

At least your gourd (and all 50 gold aerogears) has a +6 acceleration speed vs +5 of all other aerogears.... Still has same base speed though.

And it does look cute
    edited August 2009
    At least your gourd has a +6 acceleration speed vs +5 of all other aerogears.... Still has same base speed though.

And it does look cute

It's the only thing a Wizard SHOULD use...Drunken Wizards FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sorry IzeJasmin for me its not about a measly bit of gold. It was about dedication to something, that was unattainable without alot of dedication. Some may have grinded for coins and bought the Silver Dragon Orders, others maybe have bought Silver Orders threw gold but it came at a significant cost. To see all that dedication disposed of by a mere 20g, is not pushing me to attempt all that dedication again.
    I could have delt with this better, had it not been placed up in cat shop for a mere 20g. Someone that did spend gold for it, spent a very large amount. No matter how we obtained it, it wasnt an easy task like it is now.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Cheaper than a battle pet. Would you call a herc or nix an accomplishment? They're not exactly rare.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    >.> the violet lightning and silvermane SHOULD NOT be in the boutique, espeically not permanently. people spent time/money to gather the silver and gold dragon order needed to get the mounts and now its only worth 20g. no one going to bother doing dragon quests besides maybe if they want the molds, the horses are now worthless

I definetly agree. It might be alright to have the horse for a little while but not for long.

It used to be a rare special mount that could be gotten only with participating in-game in DQs (or by purchasing them from others). It was cool, rare, and unique.

You pretty much destroyed the horse mounts by making them available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
    edited August 2009
    I definetly agree. It might be alright to have the horse for a little while but not for long.

It used to be a rare special mount that could be gotten only with participating in-game in DQs (or by purchasing them from others). It was cool, rare, and unique.

You pretty much destroyed the horse mounts by making them available.
    Cheaper than a battle pet. Would you call a herc or nix an accomplishment? They're not exactly rare.

The former should look at the latter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    Sorry IzeJasmin for me its not about a measly bit of gold. It was about dedication to something, that was unattainable without alot of dedication. Some may have grinded for coins and bought the Silver Dragon Orders, others maybe have bought Silver Orders threw gold but it came at a significant cost. To see all that dedication disposed of by a mere 20g, is not pushing me to attempt all that dedication again.
    I could have delt with this better, had it not been placed up in cat shop for a mere 20g. Someone that did spend gold for it, spent a very large amount. No matter how we obtained it, it wasnt an easy task like it is now.

I can see where you coming from. You still have yours, that has not changed.... you just have to look at a bunch of other people with the same mount now, but you had it before they did. The only time it will really bite is if you were doing DQs to get the horses to sell, than yah.. that would be lots of work wasted....

It is similar with the fairies and genies, you used to have to be level 89 or higher to get a flying insect around you, now everyone get one. Or the bikinis, it really messed up a couple of the people that had dragon temple monopoly on the bikinis....

I was a little surprized at the 20g for the horses, however, due to their speed, they still cost 2-4 times more than an equivalent mount. Heck, they even cost more than a TRex, which is faster.
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No, from time to time I go grab ppl to join the lvl 3 faction I'm in.

They are seeking the attention of the new comers, the low income, and the disabled. On top of anyone else you want to put into those categories that have very little else to do in RL due to expense. They have marketed their targets and they are doing quite well. Yes, some ppl are angry but the happy outweigh the unhappy, so they did just fine. I still to this day won't buy a 50$ mount. Mostly because I myself, can't justify spending that much. However; I still have a dual spurred panther on all accounts I bought in game between 1-1.5 mil. Your pixels may look prettier than mine, but they do the same thing at the same speed :)

Yes, and department stores focus on YOUR business. The people who live in the area that support them. This is the world wide web, there are millions of people from all walks of life on here. They need to appease the masses, not the few.

BLA BLA BLA... Wow... You wanna be GM??? hahahahaha

It's a big defense of the company... if you keep like this they will make you a GM... lol
    edited August 2009
    BLA BLA BLA... Wow... You wanna be GM??? hahahahaha

It's a big defense of the company... if you keep like this they will make you a GM... lol

If that is your only defense, you've already lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• clevernickname
    edited August 2009

true. however, implicit in this statement is the fact that you have been attempting to deny, which is that those "few" have been screwed in favour of appeasing the "masses". which is what those "few" are complaining about. so, instead of trying to insult everyone who feels that they have lost something, perhaps you should acknowledge that maybe that sense of loss actually stems from something real, and stop using catch phrases like "e-peen" and "get out of the basement and discover sunlight".