Who is fed up?

twinkletoast
twinkletoast Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
WHo is fed up with this boring server? Pvp is lame and lands are held by a monopoly of 2 guilds month after month. BORING.

This is seriously turning into the most boring mmog i've ever played. All there is do do is quest and grind.
Post edited by twinkletoast on

Comments

• Masodaf - Sanctuary
    Masodaf - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well then..

okcoolbaibai b:bye

^^ Simple answer
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    All there is do do is quest and grind.

???

i don't think i've ever played an mmorpg whose main point
    HASN'T been to quest and grind
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ???

i don't think i've ever played an mmorpg whose main point
    HASN'T been to quest and grind

lmao, good answer xD
  • twinkletoast
    twinkletoast Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There is more to end game content than questing and grinding.

The broken territory wars for example.

I am acknowledging the fact that I am seeing a lot of people leaving this game. All my friends who I played with to lvl 80+ got fed up and left. The pointless pvp and cash shop system being the main reasons.

Should be interesting to see what happens population-wise with the release of A i o n. Many people I know have already migrated over to beta for that game.

I suspect we will see a lot of top lvl guilds here lose many members which should make things interesting for a minute. I suspect not much will change though with many guilds getting more gimped tw=wise and more high lvls continuing to migrate to Nef and Leg to fill their voids.
  • satown
    satown Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    well no use complaining about it is there unless u can change it
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well cant blame the game itself that ur TW map got screwed and eveyrone got greedy and went to the same 2 places
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The TW is still there, it's just that the two main guilds for the most part have much more experience in fighting them. The fight is pretty much the same whether 2 guilds control the map, or 20 do. The only difference would really be, you'd be facing the full guild instead of a partial crew. So it's easier right now, and most guilds are still failing to win.
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Should be interesting to see what happens population-wise with the release of A i o n. Many people I know have already migrated over to beta for that game.

My Faction Lead and Director among them. b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    socializing w/ friends is why i'm still in the game...i'd talk and joke around w/ faction mates and friends for hours while grinding. then at the end of my playtime, i've grinded a whole lot and it didnt even feel dull

the game would've been dull at 4x if it was just me playing alone, probably even earlier than that; i mean, questing is mostly disguised grinding, kill 20 of this, kill 40 of that etc etc. they stopped trying to give it a back story with justice b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    WHo is fed up with this boring server? Pvp is lame and lands are held by a monopoly of 2 guilds month after month. BORING.

This is seriously turning into the most boring mmog i've ever played. All there is do do is quest and grind.
    this thread is win, nef should die.
  • dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well cant blame the game itself that ur TW map got screwed and eveyrone got greedy and went to the same 2 places

The same scenario has happened on every single server with 1 or 2 guilds. Yes because it's not how the game is designed at all, it's just unfortunate circumstance of events on every server.
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Aww another QQ thread about the tw map. Keep in mind that some people worked hard to get the map to the way it is. The red blob is not a result of freeloading.

So if you wish,

Q_Q
    edited August 2009
    dorm wrote: »
    The same scenario has happened on every single server with 1 or 2 guilds. Yes because it's not how the game is designed at all, it's just unfortunate circumstance of events on every server.

*cough cough* look at HTs map *cough cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I did take a look actually, it is easily the most split map of the pwi servers, I however was also taking into account some other versions. On HT it's been very good to remain competitive, likely helped a lot by inexperience as it was joint first (if not the first if lost city launched afterwards).

Point still stands for every other server and even in HT with the way the game is designed there will start a lean to dominance when one guild is smart/lucky enough to avoid concentration for few weeks. Such thing as massive leave may stop a guild in its tracks but I would be interested in a few months to see HT map, reckon won't be so well split.
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    VenusFox - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this thread is win, nef should die.

Is that the best u have? and wat failed guild do u belong to? b:shutup

Aww another QQ thread about the tw map. Keep in mind that some people worked hard to get the map to the way it is. The red blob is not a result of freeloading.

So if you wish,

Q_Q

Venomeow you never fail to make me laugh.. You always seem to know just the right thing to say.. And omg how true..

Maybe if you ppl start putting less thought into how to down territory holders and more thought into how to conquer them maybe you could.. b:chuckle
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's not as simple as 'OMG work together and beat us instead of QQing'.

Alot of 90+'s join LG/Nef because they know they'll be getting payed. People see it as the easy opportunity instead of actually putting hard work into it. Some people even act like they want to take on LG/Nef but suddenly change their mind when they approach 90 and suddenly want to join them.

It's actually astonishing how some ex-guildies actually sign up for TW against their old faction, just to 'earn' their paycheck for that week. It's pretty well known that many, many original Nef/Leg have quit the game or left the guild, their spots taken by someone who's hit 90 and decided their previous guild was 'below' them.

Nef/LG only grow stronger each week, getting better gears, higher members and so forth, while the factions fighting them get their spirits broken, their charms killed, and usually lose members who 'give up' even trying to change the map.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    WHo is fed up with this boring server? Pvp is lame

Try a PvP server? :o?
    edited August 2009
    dorm wrote: »
    I did take a look actually, it is easily the most split map of the pwi servers, I however was also taking into account some other versions. On HT it's been very good to remain competitive, likely helped a lot by inexperience as it was joint first (if not the first if lost city launched afterwards).

Point still stands for every other server and even in HT with the way the game is designed there will start a lean to dominance when one guild is smart/lucky enough to avoid concentration for few weeks. Such thing as massive leave may stop a guild in its tracks but I would be interested in a few months to see HT map, reckon won't be so well split.

Well idk how u can blame the game makeup about how the TW map shapes up i mean they make it so u can only take 1 land a week so its not like BAM map is taken its the players that follow the power
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    QQ more
    you should made a alt and go to lost pvp sever there are almost 1 color now
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Alot of 90+'s join LG/Nef because they know they'll be getting payed. People see it as the easy opportunity instead of actually putting hard work into it. Some people even act like they want to take on LG/Nef but suddenly change their mind when they approach 90 and suddenly want to join them.

It's actually astonishing how some ex-guildies actually sign up for TW against their old faction, just to 'earn' their paycheck for that week. It's pretty well known that many, many original Nef/Leg have quit the game or left the guild, their spots taken by someone who's hit 90 and decided their previous guild was 'below' them.

Nef/LG only grow stronger each week, getting better gears, higher members and so forth, while the factions fighting them get their spirits broken, their charms killed, and usually lose members who 'give up' even trying to change the map.

I'm glad I'm a core Leg member :P,not from day 1 but ever since SW lost it's last land ; I guess you can call that long enough, lol. Btw I hope you aren't blaming wolfeyes for leaving recluse and coming back to Leg,he was in here even longer than I was,he belong's here,as do I.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You know, I always found it funny that people think "payments" are such a BIG issue. I mean, really? The average active TW participant in Nefarious or Legendary collect about 1 mil in coins, a week. After a full weekend of TW, buring an average of a charm a day = 3 charms in one weekend (this doesnt even take into account how many charms are used by, say a cata barb). Charms are around (or were) 400-450k a pop. 3 * 400k = 1.2 mil. My question is , what coins? The only difference between a land holding TW faction and non land holding TW faction is perhaps a COST difference of 200k. And if that is people's incentives to join either two powerhouses, it sure is a poor one
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • crashsmoke
    crashsmoke Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009

This is PvE not PvP b:laughb:chuckle
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You know, I always found it funny that people think "payments" are such a BIG issue. I mean, really? The average active TW participant in Nefarious or Legendary collect about 1 mil in coins, a week. After a full weekend of TW, buring an average of a charm a day = 3 charms in one weekend (this doesnt even take into account how many charms are used by, say a cata barb). Charms are around (or were) 400-450k a pop. 3 * 400k = 1.2 mil. My question is , what coins? The only difference between a land holding TW faction and non land holding TW faction is perhaps a COST difference of 200k. And if that is people's incentives to join either two powerhouses, it sure is a poor one

TW pay is only really able to cover your charm cost. Sometimes if there were't many hard TWs to be fought, you'd get maybe 200k left from the pay after charm use.

I love being able to have long TWs where you battle it out for hours and that is the primary reason why I am in one of the two big factions. You simply can not get that kind of TW experience from any other factions aside from the two owning the map right now.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009

So true. Either that or maybe the name brand or the easy access to high lvls. 2010 will be good tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • tenj#7625
    tenj#7625 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    TW pay is only really able to cover your charm cost. Sometimes if there were't many hard TWs to be fought, you'd get maybe 200k left from the pay after charm use.

I love being able to have long TWs where you battle it out for hours and that is the primary reason why I am in one of the two big factions. You simply can not get that kind of TW experience from any other factions aside from the two owning the map right now.

Lmfao. Is this some sort of joke that Nef low-lifes give as reason to joining them? The only way you can get long TWs is if two or more factions are at near equal strength on the battlefield and it becomes a deadlock. I don't know how the hell anyone can gain TW insight through the TW experience of steamrolling factions in 10 minutes. When was the last time Nef had a 3 hour TW?

If wanting long TWs is your precedent to joining factions, Good Luck finding TWs longer than 10 minutes in Nef.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lmfao. Is this some sort of joke that Nef low-lifes give as reason to joining them? The only way you can get long TWs is if two or more factions are at near equal strength on the battlefield and it becomes a deadlock. I don't know how the hell anyone can gain TW insight through the TW experience of steamrolling factions in 10 minutes. When was the last time Nef had a 3 hour TW?

If wanting long TWs is your precedent to joining factions, Good Luck finding TWs longer than 10 minutes in Nef.

well that is how it was. In the beginning, Leg v Nef TWs were literally 3 hr deadlocks. But trust me, even THAT gets boring, especially when its against the same people week in and week out.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
    edited August 2009

LOL I heard same opinions in couple of past threads too, kinda true XD Its normal that pple look back at past situations to make a present decision (in this case to join faction) but continuingly referring to past long TWs, when currently its a situation long gone, is a bit off I think too.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I get at least 2 TWs per week that can and usually last 1 hour+. I can say for sure that Nef is probably the most organized TW faction I've ever been in to date. At the moment, Nef is the top dog but is it any of Nef's fault that no faction aside from Legendary can give them a good fight? As far as steamrolling factions in 10 minutes, should Nef prolong the fight and toy with them for 2 hours? Is that considered a good TW?

Hey, I'm just playing this game for my own enjoyment. There is no need to insult me just because I chose to join Nef. I'm getting enough of that in game from other players already. And frankly, Nef members have been nothing but helpful and nice to me.

Having Nefarious faction tag on top of my character name doesn't dictate what kind of person I am or any of other Nef members for that matter.
    edited August 2009
    I can say for sure that Nef is probably the most organized TW faction I've ever been in to date.
    How many factions have you jumped around?? >.>;

Altho organization wise, that could be true. But then again there are things that contribute to that including the fact that it is easier to get 20 lv90s to follow orders than 20 lv60s b:chuckle not to be offensive or anything but I do see a huge diff. in attention span in a good number of cases. (yes there are other factors like experience and blah blah blah) I would guess whether or not organization is true or not can be measured when the 2nd, 3rd generation players start to lvl on par with the oldies. Possibly half a year from now since PWI is the baby among all the other asian PW versions.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    o definitely, or maybe even less than 1/2 a year...with rebirth a lot of people are shooting up in levels, but a lot of it has got to be about teamwork and strategy, not something a faction of high lvls can develop overnight
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty