NOTICE: Known Patch Issues (input please)

Comments

• Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Looks like someone edited the game files.
    nuu noone hasnt edited anything to get that font :)
    to get my-en style font is very simple..just install chinese language pack..
    and u will see ★☆ correctly and not any squares :P
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thats funny, I have the language pack and my font hasn't suddenly changed. When I see the font in pics that others take, the font is not changed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I can't type the stars, but I can see them just fine. I think I have the language packs installed too. But honestly I could care less. It's not effecting gameplay that you see in a different font.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thats funny, I have the language pack and my font hasn't suddenly changed. When I see the font in pics that others take, the font is not changed.

you have XP or Vista ? because in fact when you install chinese language pack on Vista font will change :)

Before: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5469/beforeqlf.jpg

After: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5081/20090617165153.jpg
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think i found another bug dunno as the price of a lion lord to place back into pet bag being 200K and the Hell Hound being 20K like i think every other mount is though not sure will post a srennie or 2 to show u2009-07-2407-14-58.jpg2009-07-2407-14-44.jpg

can i get some1 to reply to this as if they know if its a bug or not and or a mod mayb thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Shops are on the fritz too. Every time my husband puts up a shop within minutes the game crashes and he gets a bug report. This also is happening with my mother. However; I've been lucky enough for it to not happen to me. They both have emachines and I have a dell. That might be an issue as well. As spoons has listed in another thread the fact not everyone has the same hardware is also a factor in the glitching with the patch.

I am not pro one or the other, just stating their machines so you can see if this also is part of the issue. Maybe other people with the same systems are having the same problem. I will also mention they both have 2 gigs of ram and I have 4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gunga - Lost City
    Gunga - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think there is somthin wrong with my genie's lvl 2 metoer skill...

http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af15/norgiboy/?action=view&current=2009-07-2415-18-58.jpg
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Crazy stone timer is not moving...its been like an hour now... quest is still grey over the npcs head.

oops
    sigh...w/e theres a bug i think thats more important than that imo..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Crazy stone timer is not moving...its been like an hour now... quest is still grey over the npcs head.
    maybe............you should erase the chat log on your pic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009

[removed]
    Probably not good to post on here someone stating they've been on a private server. As last I knew that was not allowed, illegal even.

Yikes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
  • djguevara
    djguevara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think this has already been mention but access to the city of abominations near heavens tear is blocked try a couple of times and didnt work.
  • Ban_me - Dreamweaver
    Ban_me - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I still can t go to fox form without a weapon...though i dont care for it
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think there is somthin wrong with my genie's lvl 2 metoer skill...

http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af15/norgiboy/?action=view&current=2009-07-2415-18-58.jpg

i like this, kudos gunga b:chuckle

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the BM cloud sprint again ...this time i was dueling a BM he got me to half healt T_T...sadly.....and then at the end (i think he wanted to run or something he used cloud sprit....ops no wait i was kiting him and he ran after me)he used cloud sprint and the graphics were displayed on ME AND ON HIM T_T (first time i see this hapening on another char)AND NO I DID NOT USE ANY APO POTS(for speed)2009-07-2422-46-21.jpgand why are private servers ilegal?i just dont get it T_T...now i need an explanation T_T.....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Is that it? Or are we just needing a bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I will upload screenie later, but basically in a cat shop I sold a baby fire fairy, and it said 'sold 1 booger at 350,000'

Typo much? Lolb:laugh

2009-07-2417-13-33.jpg
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I will upload screenie later, but basically in a cat shop I sold a baby fire fairy, and it said 'sold 1 booger at 350,000'

o.o lol wtf
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    o.o lol wtf

Inorite xD
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    wrote:
    'Nuff said

b:angrywhos this nuff person ewery1 is talking about?b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Ok I've put up my screenie of the cat shop "booger", go back a page to see it b:chuckle
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Ok I've put up my screenie of the cat shop "booger", go back a page to see it b:chuckle

as i said be4 "o.o lol wtf" and i shall say something else now :P ROFLMAOb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when u jump up to fly instead of starting up higher u get a flicker on ur screen and are suddenly MUCH lower as if u only single jumped not double jumped. Its highly annoying. Especially when ur needing altitude to get away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when u jump up to fly instead of starting up higher u get a flicker on ur screen and are suddenly MUCH lower as if u only single jumped not double jumped. Its highly annoying. Especially when ur needing altitude to get away.

Yeah, having this too, but it was even before the patch.

Another thing of nearly the same kind.... Sometimes I cant land b:angry I drop, should land at the ground, but I get stuck in mid air lol Its very often that this results in me standing like 4 metres over a NPC in mid air. I think it has to do something with autopathing, but well... its annoying.

And, I know it must have been mentioned 1k times before but, why does the timer on all cleric buffs but Magic shell and the group buff Aegis Spirit reset when you rebuff? I'd like to overwrite all timers of the buffs, not miss out my magic defense all the time ~.~ Could any Dev or GM look into whats wrong with clerics magic defense buff please? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'd like the wizard skill undine strike to have that effect as well, if my timing gets screwed up landing combo's on a boss/mob/player I need to wait 12 seconds and then re-apply it.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2009

"booger" happens to be the name of the pet. When you sell a pet, it displays the nickname of the pet instead of the species. This has been around for ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JasmineIvy - Heavens Tear
    JasmineIvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Not able to change into my fox form anymore.
    I detached my weapons and all.
    Mana goes down but my character does not change.
    I USED to be able to change into my fox form, but not anymore :(
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To add more to Valley of Reciprocity (rebirth):

- Name of the place sometimes doesn't appear above the coords
    - No background music (not like this and the above matter)
    - It's a PK zone (A veno who d/ced a few times got hit and sometimes killed by the barrage and Dragon's Breath)
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Valley of Reciprocity was a PK zone even before the patch.

All the teleport in Valley of Reciprocity are bugged, this include the blue portal and as well the teleport (replacement) that there is in bean room #2. Before the patch you where getting ported back to the top, now you just get stuck in it.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Max - Heavens Tear
    Max - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Dunno if any1 posted this before me (not gonna read the whole thread -.-)

Since the patch, 2 main things happen to me:

1. Running speed (of char, not game) is way slower than before. Like if Im draggin my feet on the grass or something.

2. I disconnect after a bit. Can be 10 seconds or 2 minutes, but I dcd...

Also takes several seconds to log in, and the char selection screen takes forever to show the chars.

Sorry to say it, but seems no1 take any responsability for this bugs/glitches, and Im not gonna play PW until they are fixed.

I dont want to complain, but i really dont understan the reason for a "PATCH" a game that works good (...) and make things worst. Not only that but, cmon guys... 300+mb patch? For bikinis? (No pun intended female comunity, but Im not a fashion consumer and so far every time they make new patches, instead solving the problems they make em worst).

I really hope you to fix these things, and soon. As many others, Im a active player, that cannot enjoy of the game and or friends because a third party fault.

My apologies if I just wanna have a good time in a game I love and cant
    Max - Synesis
    Sage Axe BM Lvl 89
    Heavens Tears Server b:cool

[SIGPIC]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/NightCrawler81/dethklok_render_bg-2.jpg[/SIGPIC]