NOTICE: Known Patch Issues (input please)

123457»

Comments

• Max - Heavens Tear
    Max - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PS: Before someone says a thing about my hardware:
    Mother: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L G31 DDR2 VGA Micro Motherboard for Intel
    Micro: Intel Core2 Quad 2.33GHz 4MB Q8200 Box CPU
    VGA: Sapphire S485512D3 HD4850 PCI-e 512 MB DDR3 Retail Video Card
    Memory: OCZ OCZ2N800SR2GK 4-4-4-15 (2x1024)MB 800MHz XTC EPP 1T Nvidia DDR2 Memory set
    Power Supply: Coolermaster 600 W eXtreme Power Duo
    Hardisk: WD WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200rpm 16MB Buffer S-ATAII HDD
    Monitor: 19` LG W1971SC (5ms) DVI LCD Monitor

Im not showing off, just that Im tired of ppl saying "its ur computer dude, get a new one" when Im WAY up the recommended system requirements and my connection too.

Thank you.
    Max - Synesis
    Sage Axe BM Lvl 89
    Heavens Tears Server b:cool

[SIGPIC]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/NightCrawler81/dethklok_render_bg-2.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PS: Before someone says a thing about my hardware:

Im not showing off, just that Im tired of ppl saying "its ur computer dude, get a new one" when Im WAY up the recommended system requirements and my connection too.

Thank you.

Ok it's still probably your PC. Maybe windows is **** up you got worms or something else causeing it. The best hardware in the world don't mean **** if your OS isnt funtioning properly or isnt playing nice with the game.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Max - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    2 hs, just 2 hs before the patch i was playing without ANY lag in archosaur, with max graphic settings.

And belive me, its the ONLY of all the online games I play that disconnects me (along with Jade Dynasty :) )
    Max - Synesis
    Sage Axe BM Lvl 89

[SIGPIC]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/NightCrawler81/dethklok_render_bg-2.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Ok maybe your PC dont like PWIs coding with the new patch. Wich is why i said about your OS not playing nice with the game. I have only a 1.6gig CPU a 1gig ram chip thats only being reconized as 800meg and I have no troubles out of PW. When I do start haveing issues I reinstall windows and that always fixes my problems with PW. PW is the only game that I play that requires high resources so its the only one i have issues with.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Max - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Do you think that if my Os (Vista btw) would give me troubles, I wouldnt be able to play any other online game as well?

And... reinstall the whole OS "JUST" for PW disconnecting??
    When its working not good, but GREAT for everything else??

Dont think so =/

Ps. And again: I only dcd AFTER the patch, so not even in the case that my system or OS is having troubles with the game... Was playing perfectly before patch 161 -.-
    Max - Synesis
    Sage Axe BM Lvl 89

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Thats your problem right there!! Vista sucks. I wish I never upgraded. No you wouldn't be garaunteed problems with other games. I can't give you a list of the games I play cause of the TOS. But I live on the east coast and play on HT. Where do you live might also be the connection between you and the servers witch isnt pws fult. Haveing issues with a game doesn't automaticly mean its the game. Thats all I'm trying to say. You have issues with two of PWI games. Have you tried doing a traceroute to see if your connection is slowing down at one of the hubs between you and PWI?

Also the patch wasnt just for bikinis. It was to preload stuff for the new content.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Feyrnd - Sanctuary
    Feyrnd - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Shops are on the fritz too. Every time my husband puts up a shop within minutes the game crashes and he gets a bug report. This also is happening with my mother. However; I've been lucky enough for it to not happen to me. They both have emachines and I have a dell. That might be an issue as well. As spoons has listed in another thread the fact not everyone has the same hardware is also a factor in the glitching with the patch.

I am not pro one or the other, just stating their machines so you can see if this also is part of the issue. Maybe other people with the same systems are having the same problem. I will also mention they both have 2 gigs of ram and I have 4.

my dell notebook i played pwi with always got the PWI crashed whenever i left it overnight on catshop open, even long before this patch
  • Feyrnd - Sanctuary
    Feyrnd - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think i found another bug dunno as the price of a lion lord to place back into pet bag being 200K and the Hell Hound being 20K like i think every other mount is though not sure will post a srennie or 2 to show u2009-07-2407-14-58.jpg2009-07-2407-14-44.jpg

my chubbs (elephant mount) also cost me 200k to revert back to egg.
    i knew this long time ago when i purchased this mount from player
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't see it listed, and I've never had a boa before the patch so I'm not 100%... but the sounds for the Ancient Boa seem to be wrong. I recall it hissing occasionally... and while moving it makes the stomping sound something like the HH makes, but in a very rapid succession like when running on foot. Its very... very... VERY irritating.
    I really probably don't have to say it, but the alignment for the header of many windows has left the text off center seeming to be aligned to left.

I also have a suggestion... why not post the suggestion for manual patching for more than 6 hours in the start up client before removing it completely? I still have a bunch of friends who log daily who haven't been online since the patch. Many of which not technically savvy at all and quite ignorant to how much the auto patcher sucks; though I'm sure they realize it now. And I highly doubt they even know of manual patching, despite being plain as day for some of us, or how much more effective it is at patching large amounts.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when u jump up to fly instead of starting up higher u get a flicker on ur screen and are suddenly MUCH lower as if u only single jumped not double jumped. Its highly annoying. Especially when ur needing altitude to get away.

ya...this is hapening to me too

it hapens when u click fly and jump up and it just throws u back to where u clicked fly <.<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]