NOTICE: Known Patch Issues (input please)

Options

Comments

• Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ME TOO! Can I has a cookie?!

i have a cake
    but since u want a cookie

omnomnom
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Server is back o.o I just was able to log in

Update: Nm... got d/ced right away <.<;; back to same problem as before.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Majesticlee - Heavens Tear
    Majesticlee - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i got booted and cant log in at all now
  • xnrieya
    xnrieya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    HT is down hopefully for emergency maint.. am gonna go to Sanct to play my alt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    HT seems to be off and on...
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    B-B-But I like the some of the mixed smiliesb:sad
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Bowan - Dreamweaver
    Bowan - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    the server is back up now guys
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Heavens Tear server is back up guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Twilight Temple is insanely harder now.
    We (my squad/faction) has run TT1-3 several times, with Soulbanisher being the only 'impossible' one. Just tried it tonight, Drummer wiped us, and one-shot me TWICE with a metal spell, doing just over 10k the first time, and 9k the second.
    (I know, I'm low HP for a barb. This isn't about my build.)

Point of reference, in previous runs he has NEVER hit me for above 5k, and typically between 2500-4500.

I suspect this is related to the blessings we're supposed to have enabled. Can anyone else verify TT bosses as hitting well above average?

Oh but it is about you and your build. Soulbanisher's magic attack range is 4777 - 14330. Yeah, that's quite a spike. Start off with alacrity/lightning chaser and then invoke if you can't take a hit while the cleric starts up bb. And if you don't usually, you should have 2 clerics with you, one to bb the entire fight, and another one spamming ironhearts on ya (bb cleric should have 4k hp buffed as minimum). If you fail while doing all that - reroll :p

Seriously though people, don't blame every shortcoming you may have on the new patch. It's kinda counter productive.

Edit: Just noticed you were talking about percussion and not SB. Same points apply though, his magic attack is 4842 - 14527.
    b:dirty
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ninnuam - thank you, I know the database figures. See previous statement: he has NEVER hit me for more than 5k or so before. And we've run it several times prior to tonight. Also, mind you, it's just the magic damage doing far greater than normal - phys attack is within the usual limits. My build hasn't changed, buffs haven't changed, the only factor that has changed is before/after patch.
  • Krupkee - Harshlands
    Krupkee - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont know if this has been said but my territories map isnt updating itself and showing whos attacking who etc
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Bleed (Flesh Ream) On pets deals more than 200% of pet damage most noticeable on Phoenixes. b:chuckle

Also, Clerics Great Cyclone is called "Whirlwind" when being casted.

Hmm. When you revert pets back to egg, the writting is in black and overlaps the all chat box writting. It doesnt bump it up.

Fix Plox. =]
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ninnuam - thank you, I know the database figures. See previous statement: he has NEVER hit me for more than 5k or so before. And we've run it several times prior to tonight. Also, mind you, it's just the magic damage doing far greater than normal - phys attack is within the usual limits. My build hasn't changed, buffs haven't changed, the only factor that has changed is before/after patch.

Out of curiosity, were the OVER 9000 hits (sorry I had to b:chuckle) under bb or with no bb? If latter, it sounds normal to me. As in were you one shot at the start of the fight (bb takes several seconds to channel for the bless effect to actually kick in after the initial cast) or did it happen halfway through? Because you wouldn't be the first barb I've seen get one shot by him IF it happens right at the start (again, more than likely because bb isn't in effect yet). If he actually one shot you further down the line than yeah, I'd suspect the patch may have something to do with it (10k under bb would be impossible, even if you were like naked).

As for the actual numbers... His highest attack is 14k. Taking into consideration your magic resistance (probably around what, 30-40%ish at your level) that would translate into 10k damage you said you got hit for. Add in the 50% damage reduction from bb and that's 5k right there which is what you said used to be the highest hit he got on you. The 2500-4500 hits sound about right with bb + your own magic resistance, depending on the random number from his attack range.

Again, I'm assuming here you got hit before the blessing from bb kicked in. If the bb was up and running and you got hit for 10k, then yeah, something's rotten in the state of PWI =P
    b:dirty
  • SeeYouInTea - Harshlands
    SeeYouInTea - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    help with patch 166 please :S

Hey ... i know this isnt really what the thread was meant for but i couldnt find anyother similar threads....anyway...my launcher for the game automatically started downloading the patch yesterday... it kept stopping roughly halfway through askig me if i would like to continue cause there was an error or something :S idk i cant remember.. but anyway it will not install i tried downloading the patch from the site but it didnt make a difference...
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont know if this has been said but my territories map isnt updating itself and showing whos attacking who etc

Territory map shows attacks/defenses and time of TW's ONLY after TW bidding time is finished (which is today 7pm) b:surrender
  • Agilaz - Dreamweaver
    Agilaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    this is part of the update so you can see people in combat mode, you know when you attack things or things attack you your lil avatar in top left blinks red and your regen is 1/4, yah now it shows when your squadmates are in combat mode, somewhat handy
    I'm pretty certain the squadbar already blinked red before the patch when squadmembers were in combat.

I had the same issue with the squadbar yesterday. Someone already posted a screenshot, the red frame is too wide and goes over the squad member's name bar.
    If that change was intentional (...you never know XD) it's a really bad design choice because it looks ugly and is annoying. lol

This is only a minor issue but still...:
    The titles of the different gui windows look messed up.
    They are either not centered (example: quest, shop, etc...) or don't show up (inventory) or are missing letters. (cupboard)
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The inventory window's name never did show up even before the patch tbh.

screenshotbeforepatch.jpg
  • UsesPets - Heavens Tear
    UsesPets - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Servers went down yesterday? o.O
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Seems like when I alt+tab, PW shuts down more often =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i dunno but

the blue and red eggs are supposed to have a cooldown of 3 min? o_O or 1 min i have no idea how long it really is (sold em to NPC >_> )

so when i used 1 blue egg the cooldown would take uberlong and ALL of my mp regenerating pots would have same cooldown

so =>

i use 1 blue egg (recovers 600mp or something)
    i get around 2 min cooldown on the blue egg/mp potslvl 70and80 ones/sesame yuanxiao so all these things get same cooldown

so in the end the blue eggs are useless
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Seems like you can attack in the cube corner again o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In an attempt to tank jewel last night (7x archer took my poor 51 barb's aggro away) I died mid-air and was rezzed sucessfully.

When I revived, I was in TrueForm, stuck in mid air. Unable to transform, unable to fall, unable to bring up my mount, even unable to TownPortal. I had to log out and back in again to unlock.

Never had that happen before...

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I tried to verify after patch. And i keep getting interrupted error. So i logged in and everything seems to be working fine except for the known bugs at this point.

I logged back out and tried to verify again. Same error. I've tried 5 times now. And can't seem to get my files verified. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it something on my end?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • E_diamond - Dreamweaver
    E_diamond - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wow does nobody use there genie's Tangling Mire slow % is right but P Def debuff for me is 2834634% checked with guild all have the same issue. Varying based off of the lvl of the skill some where over 3m.

Why can't we have good glitches world quest exp glitch 2m exp reward yes please lol but seriously don't know about the other genie skills but where there's one there's another.
  • Rise_satan - Lost City
    Rise_satan - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a problem with the refinement, I refined my hh80 boots, but the stats didnt change...not koolb:cry
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a problem with the refinement, I refined my hh80 boots, but the stats didnt change...not koolb:cry

Refining armour just adds HP.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wow does nobody use there genie's Tangling Mire slow % is right but P Def debuff for me is 2834634% checked with guild all have the same issue. Varying based off of the lvl of the skill some where over 3m.

It doesn't actually decrease the defense by that much. More people would've abused it, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • E_diamond - Dreamweaver
    E_diamond - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol I know that silly. I wish though that much debuff I could walk through anything in the game with just a one shot! MMmmmmm one shots!
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i dunno but

the blue and red eggs are supposed to have a cooldown of 3 min? o_O or 1 min i have no idea how long it really is (sold em to NPC >_> )

so when i used 1 blue egg the cooldown would take uberlong and ALL of my mp regenerating pots would have same cooldown

so =>

i use 1 blue egg (recovers 600mp or something)
    i get around 2 min cooldown on the blue egg/mp potslvl 70and80 ones/sesame yuanxiao so all these things get same cooldown

so in the end the blue eggs are useless

Ive noticed this too. The blue eggs are on liek a 3 minute timer, resulting in all MP pots to share that timer, while the red eggs are on a 10 second timer, just like any other pots. Don't know if this a glitch or not >.>
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No idea if been said but another glitch in Rebirth order is , when you fall off the cliff , you're supposed to be tele'd to the facing path . And , in fact , you actually get stuck here , down the cliff D: