TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Options

Comments

• Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary
    Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The Bidding has started and as with previous weeks Legendary are once more vying for Stairway to Heaven (they are deffinately serious about this fabled God's Muffin Recipe). The only other bid thus far is from Nefarious who have opted to go for Swamp of the Wraiths (guess they fed up of having to defend that fabled Recipe and hope to pull off a victory against their main competitors), this reporter perhaps thought they would go after the other piece of Cake they lost to Legendary, but who know's the bidding is not yet over and it anybodys game at the moment.

Happy Bidding Everyone b:victory
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My initial assumption was Nef is hitting hard so they can take all the key lands from Leg while Leg is still trying to get a footing, with the leadership transition and all. They already have access to etherblade and archo. Only thing land left they arent adjacent to is Dreamweaver, hence the push through the swamps. But who know's I can be wrong because my common sense tells to me that if I were in their shoes, I'd take etherblade right now. Perhaps I'm missing something b:cute
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Caesalpinia - Sanctuary
    Caesalpinia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well I have to make a post on this one now... since I started playing PWI I can't say as I was an "avid" reader of TW posts but since Emerald Lady started talking about muffins and recipes I must add I love reading about what has happened over the weekend..
    I know you dont give any information Emerald other than to say who has won and who has lost but I cant help but love the way that you tell us.b:chuckle. I can almost visualize them going at each other with "Dirty Mops and Rusty Rakes" and hitting each other with Handbags.. b:laugh
    I can imagine the state of the armour knowing how much it costs to repair after normal battles lol

Please Emerald for the sake of those who enjoy a bit of fun whilst at same time learning who won and who lost each battle please, PLEASE PLEEEAASSEE keep these fun reports flowing but try make sure muffins dont go stale b:beg

b:thanks
  • Serashra - Sanctuary
    Serashra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Amusing server. Out of curiousity, what do other factions hope to gain by attacking Legendary with Nefarious right now? It seems to be a given that Nef has become the stronger of the two, and their leader has openly conceded he plans to conquer the map. So, all the other factions that want "more color on the map", your answer is to remove the last check against their power? Further, you do realize that even if Leg were to concede a land to you to focus on Nef, Nef would then just max bid it the following week, crush the defending faction, while Leg then handled all other attacks without having to divert resources to Nef. Or, more likely, if they've fallen that much in manpower, they would probably just concede Nef and defend the other two for safety. So, what is the end-game purpose? Seems the intelligent play would be to work on wearing them both down and ensuring neither reaches critical mass, at least if you actually intended to build an additional power on the map. But, then, guess the possibility of owning land for a week or two before the remaining, now unchecked superpower devours beats that.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    oooh ouch, nef, outlaw, recluse on the same time slot. i think what would be interesting would be to bid on leg w/ nef 1 weekend, bid on nef w/ leg the following weekend, that way you (hopefully) change land from both sides without either side getting too large. ultimately, no new color is going to stay on the map unless they can defend successfully against a direct attack by nef/leg.

but i believe it would be dumb to keep combining attacks against leg each week.

gl to all sides
  • riddiculus
    riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Amusing server. Out of curiousity, what do other factions hope to gain by attacking Legendary with Nefarious right now? It seems to be a given that Nef has become the stronger of the two, and their leader has openly conceded he plans to conquer the map. So, all the other factions that want "more color on the map", your answer is to remove the last check against their power? Further, you do realize that even if Leg were to concede a land to you to focus on Nef, Nef would then just max bid it the following week, crush the defending faction, while Leg then handled all other attacks without having to divert resources to Nef. Or, more likely, if they've fallen that much in manpower, they would probably just concede Nef and defend the other two for safety. So, what is the end-game purpose? Seems the intelligent play would be to work on wearing them both down and ensuring neither reaches critical mass, at least if you actually intended to build an additional power on the map. But, then, guess the possibility of owning land for a week or two before the remaining, now unchecked superpower devours beats that.

I think everyone want to get their fac name charted on the territory.. therefore it would make sense to attack the weaker of the 2... now dat is currently...wat I think ppl believe... is legendary..
    I dun think factions cares about 'removing the last check out of nef's power'..
    If nef was weaker i think it will b the other way around

n btw.. nef cant max bid simply any land if they dun hav a land adjacent to it.. so if for example forest of haze is taken (which is surrounded by leg territory only) then nef cant bid for it.. I think u mean leg will max bid it n take it back
  • Serashra - Sanctuary
    Serashra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    riddiculus wrote: »
    I think everyone want to get their fac name charted on the territory.. therefore it would make sense to attack the weaker of the 2... now dat is currently...wat I think ppl believe... is legendary..
    I dun think factions cares about 'removing the last check out of nef's power'..
    If nef was weaker i think it will b the other way around

n btw.. nef cant max bid simply any land if they dun hav a land adjacent to it.. so if for example forest of haze is taken (which is surrounded by leg territory only) then nef cant bid for it.. I think u mean leg will max bid it n take it back

Check the map again, Nef borders Forest of Haze through Hidden Orchard. Leg probably would attempt to race Nef in a max bid for any concessions, though as I recall they actually bid on Nef seconds before Nef did the 200m bid on Dreaming's land.

Either way, you simply illustrate my point. People are choosing to take the easy, short-term gain instead of thinking of consequences. Suppose you end up killing Leg and ignoring Nef as people seem apt to do; what happens then? People have only taken land from either Nef or Leg by splitting their defensive forces apart with the aid of the other; if you have no other power equivalent, can't do that anymore. In fact, Nef even has its own sub-faction, Eminence, which per max refund is at least comparable to Reg/Outlaw/etc. If presented only with a broken Leg and maybe other miscellaneous factions that fed off Leg, Nef will sweep up the remaining lands at twice the normal rate via Eminence.

Certainly, the reverse holds true if Leg hadn't stumbled and had Nef pushed back, but either way, completely breaking one faction while ignoring the other ultimately will just lead to a one color map instead of two color. Both sides are playing to kill the other and conquer the map; if the server were to instead alternate attacks against them and wear them down simultaneously, they would be more likely to eventually both get frustrated, bored, and show cracks. As is, it's simply enabling a monopoly as opposed to an oligopoly.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think in this week we will have a new color on the map... I am not seeing Leg defending against Nef, outlaw and recluse at same time.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Interesting to see that some of the other TW factions took the weekend off. Finally some smart thinking is going on. Makes more sense to call a break, regroup, power up and charge at full and stronger strength.

Good luck this weekend everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • riddiculus
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Check the map again, Nef borders Forest of Haze through Hidden Orchard. Leg probably would attempt to race Nef in a max bid for any concessions, though as I recall they actually bid on Nef seconds before Nef did the 200m bid on Dreaming's land.

Either way, you simply illustrate my point. People are choosing to take the easy, short-term gain instead of thinking of consequences. Suppose you end up killing Leg and ignoring Nef as people seem apt to do; what happens then? People have only taken land from either Nef or Leg by splitting their defensive forces apart with the aid of the other; if you have no other power equivalent, can't do that anymore. In fact, Nef even has its own sub-faction, Eminence, which per max refund is at least comparable to Reg/Outlaw/etc. If presented only with a broken Leg and maybe other miscellaneous factions that fed off Leg, Nef will sweep up the remaining lands at twice the normal rate via Eminence.

Certainly, the reverse holds true if Leg hadn't stumbled and had Nef pushed back, but either way, completely breaking one faction while ignoring the other ultimately will just lead to a one color map instead of two color. Both sides are playing to kill the other and conquer the map; if the server were to instead alternate attacks against them and wear them down simultaneously, they would be more likely to eventually both get frustrated, bored, and show cracks. As is, it's simply enabling a monopoly as opposed to an oligopoly.

Yea i did not say i didnt agree with you..I think you are right...will b interesting tho this week to see if leg can hold it.. if they cant...it will b even more interesting to see if your hypothesis holds true... considering faction like regi took the week off... i believe next week's bidding will b interesting too..
  • riddiculus
    edited July 2009
    Options
    oh yea n emerald... nice colour coded report...youd make a good news reporter xD
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Amusing server. Out of curiousity, what do other factions hope to gain by attacking Legendary with Nefarious right now? It seems to be a given that Nef has become the stronger of the two, and their leader has openly conceded he plans to conquer the map. So, all the other factions that want "more color on the map", your answer is to remove the last check against their power?

I do not know about other factions, but Legendary took land from Outlaw, and Nefarious did not take land from Outlaw.

That said, I do not know enough of Nefarious's current leader to comment on his plans.

However, if any other faction (and faction other than Nefarious or Legendary) takes territory, we would indeed have a different color on the map.
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I do not know about other factions, but Legendary took land from Outlaw, and Nefarious did not take land from Outlaw.

That said, I do not know enough of Nefarious's current leader to comment on his plans.

However, if any other faction (and faction other than Nefarious or Legendary) takes territory, we would indeed have a different color on the map.

THis made me LOL. You honestly think after a few factions pop on the map Nef will sit there and let you live off the land? Maybe for 1 or 2 weeks but after that. Someone in Nef will say "Hey, let's get more money" Bam you are off the map. And the map of sanctuary will be a bloody red and no one can retrieve it since all you high levels will leave onto Nef^^

Oh besides, it doesn't look like a new faction will gain land even with Nef winning which was shown tonight.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    does Leg have they attack on heaven tears this week? Cause when Nef took the swamp it seems Leg lost the attack on the heaven tears.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • killermachine
    killermachine Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Attack is still there, its just a graphic bug now since the arrow indicating is only meant for adjacent territories and the new attack only for landless guilds
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    THis made me LOL. You honestly think after a few factions pop on the map Nef will sit there and let you live off the land?

Well, so far, this has not been an issue we have had to worry about...

But, if past experience is any guide, other people will take our land from us and then Nef will take from them. (I seem to recall exactly that happening, when we did have land.)
    Maybe for 1 or 2 weeks but after that. Someone in Nef will say "Hey, let's get more money" Bam you are off the map. And the map of sanctuary will be a bloody red and no one can retrieve it since all you high levels will leave onto Nef^^

Well... we have lost a lot of high levels to Nefarious and to Legendary. Personally, I would rather they went to Regicide, but I can not make other people's decisions for them.
    Oh besides, it doesn't look like a new faction will gain land even with Nef winning which was shown tonight.

Yes, well... did you notice which territory outlaw fought for? (Hint: Black Mountain was Outlaw's last territory before we were evicted by Legendary.) Anyways... for some reason or another... I am not really happy when people from Legendary tell us we should avoid fighting Legendary so we can have a pretty map.
  • Helcaterian - Sanctuary
    Helcaterian - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm liking these reports, hopefully you can get some comments in the reports from the leaders...

Keep up the good work Emerald

I have one question though if someone could answer it...
    If Eminence Had beaten Legendary (not that i think they ever could) and took the Dreaming Cloud Land from them, what then would be come of the Black Mountain Land mass, would it still be held by Legendary or would it become a vacant lot?
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    silly question but did anyone get any land o.o?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nefarious captured the swamp this week.

TBH, I personally would like to see nef capture the whole map. Other versions reset the map if it gets taken entirely so PWI might as well. Both factions have corruption, saying ones more corrupt just seems biased. I dislike both equally as a faction, but with the members it varies from person to person.

The amount of people who sell out friends and comrades for a paycheck from LG/Nef is what makes me hate them.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont hate :<
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Remembering when Nefarious arranged to have Rebirth take down Outlaw, it made me laugh to see this. I guess there was some small value in preserving the appearance of honoring their peace treaty after all.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thank you for the update! Spending most of my time on DW so it's nice to hear updates from Sanc ^^ I wish Steel was still around for me =/ lol
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Veracious - Sanctuary
    Veracious - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thank you for the update! Spending most of my time on DW so it's nice to hear updates from Sanc ^^ I wish Steel was still around for me =/ lol

Novie! hope everything is going well on DW for ya!
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I hope server goes down when TWs start xD

only one thing would come out of it...

Panic
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nice, short and simple..
    and colorful

good job emy
    i wish i could be there tomorrow for regi's tw
    :/
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Remembering when Nefarious arranged to have Rebirth take down Outlaw, it made me laugh to see this. I guess there was some small value in preserving the appearance of honoring their peace treaty after all.

I do not remember rebirth being a problem, and if this really did happen I suspect it was well before I joined outlaw.

[By the way, I boycotted tonight's fight -- I refused to log in. I have heard some players suggest I (or someone else) would get banned for this, but I feel they are being silly. I also did not feel well, and having someone get banned because I got mildly sick in real life sounds like someone's fever dream.]
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Arranged? I remember when I was in "Rebirth" we were attacking Outlaw because it was the weakest faction at that time. I don't think it was because of any "arrangements" made between Nef and "Rebirth."
  • Harima Kenji - Sanctuary
    Harima Kenji - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

*clap clap*
    Nefarious arranged rebirth to take outlaw so that rebirth will get crushed by nefarious.

b:chuckle
  • _Dark - Harshlands
    _Dark - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Gratz to Regicide=) Hope you can hold on to it longer than the last time the map changed.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Emerald Lady ty for your report. I know your probably tired of how people tell u to post your reports but could u post time durations of each tw or at least the ones you know of? b:thanks