NOTICE: Known Patch Issues (input please)

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Twilight Temple is insanely harder now.
    We (my squad/faction) has run TT1-3 several times, with Soulbanisher being the only 'impossible' one. Just tried it tonight, Drummer wiped us, and one-shot me TWICE with a metal spell, doing just over 10k the first time, and 9k the second.
    (I know, I'm low HP for a barb. This isn't about my build.)

Point of reference, in previous runs he has NEVER hit me for above 5k, and typically between 2500-4500.

I suspect this is related to the blessings we're supposed to have enabled. Can anyone else verify TT bosses as hitting well above average?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my archer is now unavailable to me...i click on her, and the game crashes

EDIT: We've run some optimization on the patch server, it should be running much more smoothly now

Hiya everyone. I know this new patch has brought a few issues. I'm looking for your help to make sure that I haven't missed anything major.

Please note: This thread is not for complaints about patch content, it is for reporting current patch issues.

Here's what I have so far, if you know of an issue with the patch that is not on the list please post with as much detail as you can:

Patcher running slow: This is due to the size and amount of people trying to patch at once. The alternative to this is downloading the manual patch.

Manual patch going slow: this is due to the size of the patch, give it time and it should apply correctly.

Smilies: smileys appear wrong or multiple smileys display when they should not be

Rebirth order: The quest is reported to be taking the item but not correctly teleporting the player. Any additional information is welcomed.
    -Delta
    -Gamma

Some odd text error: 'Nuff said

If you see something that's not on the list and you know it is not an issue with your own computer please let us know.

Let me assure you that we are working diligently to resolve these issues, but the first step is information gathering. Thanks in advance for all off your help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Gunga - Lost City
    Gunga - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A small bug i found. The tailoring skill quest in lost city has a text error. When you talk to the tailor about it she says you need 5 logs but the quest rly only requires 2.

Here's a screenie for ya
    2009-07-2219-05-16.jpg
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When in a squad there is a red box around all squad members. My guess is its from the new expansion happening where we are going to be able to see more buffs with squad members. Nonetheless the glowing, blinking red box constantly around is kind of annoying. As this wasn't happening before the patch I'd say its consistently to do with the patch itself. Out of 4 computers and 4 different (yet the same) patches downloaded at different times today, all 4 of us have had the exact same issue with the boxes. So its not just me.

Hopefully some1 else can confirm this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bellaberri
    bellaberri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    One of my character's hairstyle has changed because of the patch. The tiny pic in the bottom left corner is the only pic I have of her prior before the patch. If you can't quite see, the old hair is completely pulled to the top in a top bun but the new hairstyle has flowers and bows on top and it's long at the back...It match my dress...so I guess it isn't too bad. It's a completely new hairstyle since I've never seen it before. I still prefer my old hairstyle though...

change-hair.gif
  • liljim
    liljim Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Force login isnt working for me, with the box ticked im being told account is currently logged in. The red agro box in squad is working great for me, being a cleric im loving it too.
  • Batgirl_baty - Heavens Tear
    Batgirl_baty - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Pets won;t come out, I can;t buff, I can;t fly, I can;t log in after I logged off, and the Smileys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was in Den of Rabid Wolves (human FB19) and died (god damn mobs chasing me through the entire FB) but when i clicked Go To Town (I was the only cleric) i respawned at the same spot (though I still lost xp)

(I use brackets alot <insert bugged smileyface>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm having login issues, got d/ced, had to force log out. go to log back in says I'm currently logged in. then after about 5 minutes it logs me in, but then tells me can't retrieve character list. Its happened for the past 10 minutes now.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    discovered another couple bugs: i flew out of arch up to timberfield, but on the way back found that there were no mobs on the north side, and could not land-had to pull my eagle out from under me.

now, when i tried to reboot game, i cant get the character list to load, on either of my accounts. this is also true for my son.

and the gates of arch, at least, are unguarded, with all the guards going crazy attacking blue name players for no reason.

PLEASE, we need an emergency repair manitance ASAP!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Lahnce - Heavens Tear
    Lahnce - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was WQsting and ive been hitting my hotkey to flydown and it wasnt working! Trie to just log out, wont do. Did Forced log off, rebooted client, rebooted machine, then tried logging in again - my characters not showing, then error pop up "Could not retrieve character List"....

sounds like its happening to some of the users now.. and more likely a wide server issue..b:sad
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts" ~UN *peace y'all* b:pleased
  • Tehfishy - Heavens Tear
    Tehfishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Where to begin, unable to sign out for one. Secondly unable to force log in on my OWN account after I just logged out. Thirdly cannot retrieve my character list. Tried two different PCs. Lastly it wouldn't let me exit TT, I exited squad, got the timer, timer ran out and I just sat there. i even tried the portal, but that didnt work.

Update : stuck at "Logging into the game. Please wait" spot (trying to access my account)

Seems heaven's tear server crashed. My HL chara works just fine lol...
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Update : stuck at "Logging into the game. Please wait" spot (trying to access my account)

that's where I'm at now too. but it keeps freezing there

Update: get a timeout countdown finally for logging in. but still can't reach character screen. I haven't tried the DW server yet though

My DW account works though =/

Can we please get an Emergency Patch or something?
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • xnrieya
    xnrieya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    HT server, I was in Archo when I logged in:

No mobs around archo
    Only NPC's in W.Archo is the craftsman, tailor and seamstress, in fact, no NPC in archo at all
    Can't do anything except run and talk (no buffs, spells, fly - if you're flying you can't land)
    Smileys are bugged
    Can't get out of instances, including cube
    Can't log out
    Can't click on anyone's icon
    Nobody at all in W.Archo atm..
    Can't talk in GC, whisper works though.. dunno bout SC..

Conclusion: whatever bugs there are... WE NEED EMERGENCY MAINT ASAP!!!!! D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roov - Heavens Tear
    Roov - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I can not get the character list to load either. Worked fine this afternoon, but just tried to get in game, crashed, then when I tried to re-log no list.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    discovered another couple bugs: i flew out of arch up to timberfield, but on the way back found that there were no mobs on the north side, and could not land-had to pull my eagle out from under me.

now, when i tried to reboot game, i cant get the character list to load, on either of my accounts. this is also true for my son.

and the gates of arch, at least, are unguarded, with all the guards going crazy attacking blue name players for no reason.

PLEASE, we need an emergency repair manitance ASAP!!!!

the reason they have that is this they are blue named but a white or red named aggroed them and he healed said aggro person Absym i believe his name is is doing that he had taken the aggro off the pk char who aggroed it and yes it is a bug but it is not from this update also were i still imgame i would take a screeenie and post it here==> but cant get back on either i think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When in a squad there is a red box around all squad members. My guess is its from the new expansion happening where we are going to be able to see more buffs with squad members. Nonetheless the glowing, blinking red box constantly around is kind of annoying. As this wasn't happening before the patch I'd say its consistently to do with the patch itself. Out of 4 computers and 4 different (yet the same) patches downloaded at different times today, all 4 of us have had the exact same issue with the boxes. So its not just me.

Hopefully some1 else can confirm this issue.

this is part of the update so you can see people in combat mode, you know when you attack things or things attack you your lil avatar in top left blinks red and your regen is 1/4, yah now it shows when your squadmates are in combat mode, somewhat handy
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I can't log in at all at the moment. Was on my alt archer when all this happened...was stuck in an empty Plume where if I clicked on what remaining NPCs were there they would instantly disappear. All my F keys stopped working as well and all I could do is run around. I went to try relogging again and all the current stuff has happened to me as well. Seems to only be HT that's affected as I was able to log into Dreamweaver no problem...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • Mikael_Kira - Heavens Tear
    Mikael_Kira - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was able to login about 15 minutes ago, finish a CS, and start another one. I made it from Hou to the merchant in west arch and had time to try buying the stones. When I clicked buy it wouldn't buy and that's when I noticed the problem. I had to force shut down and when I tried to log back in I couldn't even force log the account. I tried another account and it couldn't retrieve the list. Before I shutdown the client I also saw the guards in west arch going nuts chasing a player.

Now my fiance tried to login and it said unable to connect to server. Hopefully they took them down for an emergency patch. *crosses fingers*
  • bowan
    bowan Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i have an issue i ws playing on my clericand desied to sitch players and now my player list on heavens tear is wassed up it das not evan sine in to my acont but i can sne in to all the other servers what gives?
  • bowan
    edited July 2009
    smoke weed every day 420
  • xnotn0wx
    xnotn0wx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'll say it plain and straight. To those made this update, you suck, gtfo, ragequit, fail at your job, enough said.

b:angry
  • xnotn0wx
    xnotn0wx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PS: Did I say you fail at your job? Just being sure you got it b:chuckle
    edited July 2009
    oh you're hardcore... /end Sarcasm
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    xnotn0wx wrote: »
    PS: Did I say you fail at your job? Just being sure you got it b:chuckle

>.< sorry but this kinda stuff isn't gonna fix it and all its gonna do is make people very unhappy.

Just let's all chill and let the GM's and Dev's do their jobs and get to the bottom of this, k? ^^
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• bowan
    edited July 2009
    I can't log in at all at the moment. Was on my alt archer when all this happened...was stuck in an empty Plume where if I clicked on what remaining NPCs were there they would instantly disappear. All my F keys stopped working as well and all I could do is run around. I went to try relogging again and all the current stuff has happened to me as well. Seems to only be HT that's affected as I was able to log into Dreamweaver no problem...

b:angryi am haveing the same issue wy is this haponing can someone help plz
    i want to play my acconteb:cry
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hey! i found a big glitch on ht b:thanks
    edited July 2009
    hey! i found a big glitch on ht b:thanks

ME TOO! Can I has a cookie?!
  • BeBeBarb - Heavens Tear
    BeBeBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A few minutes ago, went to Broken Bridge village to turn in quest: no NPC! And there were absolutely no mobs around town! After mentioning it in WC, peeps kept pm'ing me their own problems: couldn't log off the game (same thing happened to me), couldn't meditate, now there weren't any NPC around the whole map, etc etc.

Someone said the server froze. I had to exit the game with "ctrl-alt-del", I hope things are fine when I log back in.

This was just my report, I'm not worried tho, things happen and things get fixed.

b:pleased
  • Sykwalker - Heavens Tear
    Sykwalker - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ya the servers basically un usable atm lol...no1 can get on nemore nothing moves....nothing dies....npcs dont talk others are invisible some are even floating around lol

GMs please help us asap we lub pwi and want to play again!!!