EVENT:Blockbuster Video Contest WINNERS!

Options

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's like the Matrix, I am bound by rules, however unlike Neo I can't bend them b:cry

I thought he dodgesb:faint
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    edited July 2009
    Options
    K, I won't mess with you about it then. =^.^=

b:shockedWhere's my take home test paper?

Nooooob:cry

b:surrenderI'll talk on the thread later
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I liked Perfect Heros more then ImPerfectb:cry
    Quit.
  • Archerkris - Heavens Tear
    Archerkris - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    grats to the winners
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I liked Perfect Heros more then ImPerfectb:cry

A lot of people did, myself included - but can we PLEASE stop hearing it now? b:sad
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah.... I was trying to ignore it, because I don't want to seem ungrateful that people enjoyed mine. I am really so so so so happy that so many people liked Perfect Heroes, but no matter if i placed or not or which place, the thing that matters most to me, and at all really in the end, is that you enjoyed it. That's all I care about. So, please don't take this as me being ungrateful ( because i am more grateful than I can express) but I also don't want to see anymore comments about who should have won over anyone else. It actually makes me feel un-good about it. Kephras and Venorik made absolutely amazing videos, and i am 100% in support of where they placed. I love when people love what I produce, but it makes me uncomfortable when this kind of situation is brought up. So let's congratulate the other winners more.

I for one liked the big scary baby face in Venorik when he says " children playing' XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah.... I was trying to ignore it, because I don't want to seem ungrateful that people enjoyed mine. I am really so so so so happy that so many people liked Perfect Heroes, but no matter if i placed or not or which place, the thing that matters most to me, and at all really in the end, is that you enjoyed it. That's all I care about. So, please don't take this as me being ungrateful ( because i am more grateful than I can express) but I also don't want to see anymore comments about who should have won over anyone else. It actually makes me feel un-good about it. Kephras and Venorik made absolutely amazing videos, and i am 100% in support of where they placed. I love when people love what I produce, but it makes me uncomfortable when this kind of situation is brought up. So let's congratulate the other winners more.

I for one liked the big scary baby face in Venorik when he says " children playing' XD

Take it as a measure of how much people truly enjoy your work. ;)

And as I replied on my youtube video, I made do with what I had seeing as how I couldn't create a little midget alt. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A lot of people did, myself included - but can we PLEASE stop hearing it now? b:sad

My heart goes out to you! I do aplogise for what i have said earlier but it's my honest opinion and nothing will sway it. You should be very happy instead of sadness because a panel of judges handpicked your video as winning entry! That should show you that they have high opinions of you, not ours :)

I know it'd be great if millions agree by your video to be truly awesome! Just be glad you have more than half who loved your video ^^

Please do more videos just like the rest of us. Keep the video contests coming!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For new video contests..

I think it's better to describe what is asked.. Summer action blockbuster is so broad..

Wanted a movie trailer? A game trailer? Action trailer? Summer trailer? Movie voice needed?

I like these idea's

-Commercial
    -Music video, restricted to some song(do a poll which song will it be for the video contest) or some song theme (ask persmission for a song before starting making the video..?)
    -Little storie of 2 people(or other story) with a baseline given and people can make it..
    -Epic game trailer (i guess my trailer-entry was more of this kind)
    -Thriller trailer
    -Comedy trailer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For new video contests..

I think it's better to describe what is asked.. Summer action blockbuster is so broad..

Wanted a movie trailer? A game trailer? Action trailer? Summer trailer? Movie voice needed?

I like these idea's

-Commercial
    -Music video, restricted to some song(do a poll which song will it be for the video contest) or some song theme (ask persmission for a song before starting making the video..?)
    -Little storie of 2 people(or other story) with a baseline given and people can make it..
    -Thriller trailer
    -Comedy trailer
    I vote comedy trailer xD
    Quit.
  • JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear
    JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My movie didn't even make the honorable mentions . . . b:sad

Cratz to the winners tho! Perfect Heroes was my favorite ! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters on Heaven's Tear:
    Lvl 100 Cleric: JinseiMegami
    Lvl 093 Mystic: MimiMegami
    Lvl 091 Archer: JinseiChan
    Lvl 087 Assassin: NanashiChan
    Lvl 071 Barbarian: SenshuSan
    ~Last updated on June 13th 2012~
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    How is summer action blockbuster trailer too broad? We even gave a specific example of the format we wanted b:chuckle
    For this creative challenge we are looking for any and all aspiring video capture and editing wizards to craft a Hollywood-esque, Summer action blockbuster type movie trailer.

Not sure what we mean by 'Summer action blockbuster' trailer? Check out this VIDEO for an example:

There's many different ways to craft your video but the key is to make it trailer-esque and to give it a Summer Blockbuster vibe. Pull that off and you may be on your way to winning some truly RARE and epic loot.

But first, the details:

1. Create an action movie-esque trailer that features PWI. The entire video must be composed and captured within PWI and no other elements may be used (eg - clips from other games or movies). For those of you new to the world of video capturing and editing we suggest you give the free version of FRAPS a try (but please crop out the watermark on the free version if possible).
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For new video contests..

I like these idea's

-Commercial
    -Thriller trailer
    -Comedy trailer

Same I was going for the action game trailer type. What's the Thriller trailer?
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited July 2009
    Options
    How is summer action blockbuster trailer too broad? We even gave a specific example of the format we wanted b:chuckle

Just 1 trailer doesnt make sence to me:S I mean.. WHAT is summer action blockbuster then actually?b:surrender

And to Kitten: thriller/horror, scary trailer;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    WINNERS: an e-mail has been sent out to your registered e-mail addresses, please respond via e-mail or by directly PMing me by next Monday.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Just 1 trailer doesnt make sence to me:S I mean.. WHAT is summer action blockbuster then actually?b:surrender

And to Kitten: thriller/horror, scary trailer;)

VenLooki, to give you an idea, I was taking my cues from trailers such as Terminator, 300, Iron Man, and the like. Movies which are undisputably "Action" movies. 'Blockbuster' is a more vague term that implies a movie will be truly epic and rake in the cash at the box office ;)
    If I had to wager a guess I'd say it was this spirit the judges were looking for most - an 'action movie' trailer set in PW. Venorik's reminded me a great deal of "The Fugitive" and similar (Action/Drama), and Nao's made me think mostly of "Shrek" (A fantastic movie, but more 'family' adventure than action, per se).

That's just my best guess, and is not meant to be taken verbatim.

PS: Yay Spoons! b:thanks TY!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    that's about right: action implies that there is action, but not that there is no comedy, blockbuster means that it's one of those summer movies that they spend a bunch of money on to get people to watch it, you know like the countless action movies released in summer with great trailers that weren't necessarily good movies. Trailer implies short, punchy, something that grabs you and makes you want to go see it.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    omg that last one
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=EKU3BZ3H

is jus awesome :d
    i love it

he/she needs to make more of them XD
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    OK! I took Whiner's advice and got it onto Megavideo for European players who couldn't see my video " Perfect Heroes" due to the song. So, that being said, let's hope mega video doesn't block it to. Here it is.

PS. Could a GM maybe link this one too, under the youtube link, so that if you tube doens't work, this one will? If that is possible, it would be very nice, thanks!

Perfect Heroes

I am very glad it worked for you, and I must say your trailer looks realy good :)

Here is my own trailer I made. I am realy satisfied with it, and am a bit sad I didn't be among the top three. But my trailer doesn't realy have the summer blockbuster feeling.
    http://www.megavideo.com/?d=TYMKQ48A
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I enjoyed them a lot. The video with the panda barb being kicked by the tree was my favorite lol. I love those mobs and wished venomancers could tame them.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    VenLooki, to give you an idea, I was taking my cues from trailers such as Terminator, 300, Iron Man, and the like. Movies which are undisputably "Action" movies. 'Blockbuster' is a more vague term that implies a movie will be truly epic and rake in the cash at the box office ;)
    If I had to wager a guess I'd say it was this spirit the judges were looking for most - an 'action movie' trailer set in PW. Venorik's reminded me a great deal of "The Fugitive" and similar (Action/Drama), and Nao's made me think mostly of "Shrek" (A fantastic movie, but more 'family' adventure than action, per se).

That's just my best guess, and is not meant to be taken verbatim.

PS: Yay Spoons! b:thanks TY!

Right, thanks:)

I already started on an Music video, very famous on youtube under gamers... But don't know how I'm gonna finish the video.. I have like ehm.. 50 secs now but don't know how to keep it cool and watchable..
    What I mean: it's all repeating and thats not fun.. Need to find backgrounds/moves to make it more fun....

But the songb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Right, thanks:)

I already started on an Music video, very famous on youtube under gamers... But don't know how I'm gonna finish the video.. I have like ehm.. 50 secs now but don't know how to keep it cool and watchable..
    What I mean: it's all repeating and thats not fun.. Need to find backgrounds/moves to make it more fun....

But the songb:dirty

Repeatable clips you can actually pull off and make a hit. Just needs practice ;)
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Deromace - Harshlands
    Deromace - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    congratz to all of you winners them mounts are dang awesome b:laugh choose the lion thing :)
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I haz thoughtz of a good ideaz...

STORY TIME!
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • pxiestix
    pxiestix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Congrats guys. Personally, I loved the 3rd one =D It made me laugh
  • Lishandian - Heavens Tear
    Lishandian - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Congrats to all the winners. I gotta say I really love the 3rd one. I just couldn't stop laughing. Just want me to keep watching....so...when is the 2nd episode coming out? b:pleased
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    One of my voice actors is moving to Japan in a few weeks T___T. That would make it very difficult to record lines, since we use my recording equipment and studio ( aka. The Den).

But everyone's feedback really inspired me to try some more video game movie making. This was my first project using video game footage that I filmed, and so at first I was a bit unsure about how well I could see my ideas through, but I think I'm getting the hang of it, and PWI is a pretty smooth game so it's easy to get nice shots.

I am tired with insomnia, so I'm kind of rambling, but yes, I would like to make a continuation of Perfect Heroes. I've already started cleaning up some of the scenes that were cut from the original trailer. Luckily I have voice overs for them. So maybe I'll put those clips up on you tube. I also have some pretty funny bloopers for voices and filming I'd like to share. b:chuckle

*falls asleep in mid post*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Julian__ - Harshlands
    Julian__ - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    awesome videos