EVENT:Blockbuster Video Contest WINNERS!

Options

Comments

• Arrowind - Lost City
    Arrowind - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hmmm looks like voice acting was the point of judging the videos...... congrats anyways
    Arrowind
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hmmm looks like voice acting was the point of judging the videos...... congrats anyways

Same feeling bout that hereb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hm... I just noticed all the winners have this talking in their video's.. I thought the contest was also with only music allowed...??
    (yeah sorry I'm still sad...)

Ya they are. It was suppose to be an action trailer too. {= -_-=} guess we took the rules to heart...

but oh well, back to grinding.b:thanks

BTW I feel that Heroes should have won. I took it off the top of my Maybe-Winner's List just because I considered it to be more of a comedy trailer than an action one. However it was the best overall in my opinion.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm trying to upload my video to megavideo like Whiner suggested, so that players in countries that are blocking can view it. But this is taking a really long time. If somehow the video doesn't work with megavideo, is there anything besides Veoh? Veoh destroyed the audio and video quality for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Try uploading it back on Youtube. Just give it another name. Youtube does that to you. I would suggest Gametrailers but the upload wait is horrible.

Gametrailers <
    Took a month to upload one 4 min AMV
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well I guess Gametrailers is a no go XD. I'll try You Tube again tomorrow, when I'm not a zombie. Thanks for the suggestion! And also thank you for enjoying Perfect Heroes.=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Arrowind - Lost City
    Arrowind - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It was suppose to be an action trailer too. {= -_-=} guess we took the rules to heart...

Point b:chuckle
    Arrowind
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The 2 runner ups were great,the winner was terrible.GMs are dissapointing me more everyday.Idk how much longer this game will be lasting.

To be honest, I definitely agree with him. The winner's video seems just fine. I am puzzled why Thrice Divide was not placed. It was just so good and artistic, even got the movie poster at end, with cool light shining down! Obviously the submitter put alot effort in it.

Anyway we will have more video contests in future!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    To be honest, I definitely agree with him. The winner's video seems just fine. I am puzzled why Thrice Divide was not placed. It was just so good and artistic, even got the movie poster at end, with cool light shining down! Obviously the submitter put alot effort in it.

Anyway we will have more video contests in future!

I agree thats was a very good one,I enjoyed many of them to bad i dont read the forums oftand enough to try to participate hehe mabey next time.

Gratz all winners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I liked the winning vids - good job guys b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, all the videos are great. I just believe that the first place should go to heroes then to the real first place vid in second then the other that was in second for third place. >.> Just a slight adjustment.

Then again I don't know what the judges were actually judging on because the vids have too many elements in play >.< . The first one has the movie vibe most definitely and it is a sure win. But comparing it to the heroes, heroes would be first place. If heroes wasn't in the top then everything is fine. However heroes is more of a comedy trailer type other than action but it's still in the top... errmm see too many verbals >w<. But those three win anyways so lolz. I'm just ranting cuz I iz boredz.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Congratulation to all.

I personally thought the winner had the "Blockbuster" feel to it. It was great.

As for the runner ups. Congrats too. I watched and enjoyed both videos. Although i must say i laughed my **** off watching ImPerfect Heroes. It was great. But more of a parody. Which is probably why it didn't win.

To all have a great day. And congratulation again to the 3 contestants.b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol good jobs to the winners and i lmao to the perfect heros one it was great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Venlooki's video was awesome but it didnt make it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Cambriella - Sanctuary
    Cambriella - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    After watching all three, it should have been quite obvious that NaoShimai's video was the most like a summer blockbuster. I am now quite sure that there is something other than the requirements asked, that was used in judging.

The quality was better, it had better acting, better shots and transitions. There was humor to it. Everything was better, especially the acting lol xD

I've taken classes upon classes on these things in specific and the results leave me scratching my head...

(btw, I don't know any of the finalists)

Congrats to all anyways!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    woohoo! grats to all of the winners and to everyone who participated!!!

spoons (along with the the other judges) had a really tough time finalizing the winners because there were so many damn good submissions!

can't wait to see what you all come up with for the next round. b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Why does everyone get so fussy over winners?

One person does not make the decision regarding winners, so yes maybe you think that one should be first and not the others, and another person thinks different. We dealt with that already, it is what it is, we can't expect people to have the exact same tastes as we do which is why we have a panel of judges to hash everything out.

It's an insult to people who won when you try to discredit their accomplishments, I personally think any of the above could have won first, and a few at the top of the honorable mentions could have taken second or third, but that's not how it happened and I accept the fact that I am not the sole decision maker in this contest.

Congratulate the people who made it, this contest is all about having an opportunity to express your artistic talents, and everyone did great!
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No, that will make us come stronger than before! I am burning hot for next future video contests!

Allow me to clarify I meant that these entries would of been no match for my vid....XD Fraps and movie maker weren't working for me so I bowed out. But next time I'll be in it to win b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    On a different note I think the competition was really stiff here. A lot of people made long videos and it's hard to make a 4 minute movie fit into the "preview" type format. Plenty of videos were great but not necessarily within the constraints of the contest.

The next video contest will have a different theme, we're not sure of what it could be yet but here are a few ideas that have been thrown around:

music video(pretty standard, maybe to broad to make a good competition), wildlife style documentary, fake product ads, public service announcements.

Thats about it right now but if you're thinking of something specific that you think would be a good idea post it up here and we'll check it out b:victory
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    this contest is all about having an opportunity to express your artistic talents, and everyone did great!

Indeed! And there is a lot of talent here guys. Really, no mattter where you came in, look at your video. They were all great so everyone produced something really amazing that not just anyone can do.

You know what would be fun? And I don't know if it's too similar to a trailer, but a PWI commercial video contest. I think with a commercial we could see all pieces of the spectrum for personal style. (>_>) is there a suggestion box for this somewhere?

Edit : XD Spoons posted before I finished. But I guess he read my thoughts before I could get them out o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Indeed! And there is a lot of talent here guys. Really, no mattter where you came in, look at your video. They were all great so everyone produced something really amazing that not just anyone can do.

You know what would be fun? And I don't know if it's too similar to a trailer, but a PWI commercial video contest. I think with a commercial we could see all pieces of the spectrum for personal style. (>_>) is there a suggestion box for this somewhere?

Agreed....even a Music Video would be awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a feeling these contests are going to be some of the most exciting, if anyone else has any interesting ideas for the future please share!b:dirty
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Grats to all the winners.

Nao, -glomples- This must be our lucky year! You win things, I finally get a good job....

Galbadia is set to take over the world! Just... with no Ultimecia hijacked sorceress at the helm this time. lol
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hmm a PWI music video sounds niceb:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Congratulations to all the winners, and runners up! Excellent work!

Honestly I wasn't really following this too strenuously, because just making a video is enough reward for me. I don't think there is anything more gratifying than having somebody else appreciate something that you've put hard work into. That being said; not everyone is going to like it either. After watching the winning videos, I do not think mine was quite what was being sought. Some people will like it, some people will not, and it may not even be the right style. I just want people to see it though, that's why I made it =)

If you would like to see it, it is located at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pSBj5KDcbA

Once again congratulations to the winners, and all of the runners; I have seen nothing but talent from my fellow video editors =)
  • myssa311
    myssa311 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    congrats to all the winners... they were all great video's....

That being said I'm sorry though, however IMHO the third one won in my book hands down, I'm still wiping tears from my eyes from laughing so hard... That was awesome... I needed that after a bad day at work. My whole family is watching again right now... Props up on the comedy!!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's an insult to people who won when you try to discredit their accomplishments

My apologies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My apologies.
    for the most part you've made the most positive and constructive posts regarding this contest, so you're on the right track. Your entries were pretty good too
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Grats to the winner - his video was awesome. Didn't care a bit for the narration, tbh - but the quality of the vid was impressive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    OK! I took Whiner's advice and got it onto Megavideo for European players who couldn't see my video " Perfect Heroes" due to the song. So, that being said, let's hope mega video doesn't block it to. Here it is.

PS. Could a GM maybe link this one too, under the youtube link, so that if you tube doens't work, this one will? If that is possible, it would be very nice, thanks!

Perfect Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^