EVENT:Blockbuster Video Contest WINNERS!

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    done and done, if any other entrants want to do the same just post the link here or shoot me a PM
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    for the most part you've made the most positive and constructive posts regarding this contest, so you're on the right track. Your entries were pretty good too

b:shy thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    OK! I took Whiner's advice and got it onto Megavideo for European players who couldn't see my video " Perfect Heroes" due to the song. So, that being said, let's hope mega video doesn't block it to. Here it is.

PS. Could a GM maybe link this one too, under the youtube link, so that if you tube doens't work, this one will? If that is possible, it would be very nice, thanks!

Perfect Heroes

Connection Problem b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm just going to go cry XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    awww sorry!!! DON'T CRY!!! I have put my suggestion for the theme of video contests at Suggestions Box. Go and see my thread ok? Oh yes, you chose phoenix wings? I sent email to ecatomb regarding the screenshots of new mounts and here's their reply:
    Re: screenshots of new mounts?‏
    Sent: 08 July 2009 21: 32PM
    To: flower bliss (petitepetal@hotmail.com)

Hi, They will have screenshot on the official site of chinese version. So will have screeshot when these mount will be released.

Bye.

My guess is these are not released to PWE just yet. Hope you will get these if possible! Then you'll be only one to own the newest BEAUTIFUL wings!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why does everyone get so fussy over winners?

One person does not make the decision regarding winners, so yes maybe you think that one should be first and not the others, and another person thinks different. We dealt with that already, it is what it is, we can't expect people to have the exact same tastes as we do which is why we have a panel of judges to hash everything out.

It's an insult to people who won when you try to discredit their accomplishments, I personally think any of the above could have won first, and a few at the top of the honorable mentions could have taken second or third, but that's not how it happened and I accept the fact that I am not the sole decision maker in this contest.

Congratulate the people who made it, this contest is all about having an opportunity to express your artistic talents, and everyone did great!

Sorryb:surrender I'm just very critical...

-zips up mouth-
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol! no no, I mean i'm going to cry because it still isn't working for you. Seriously, i have tried, veoh, daily motion, megavideo twice, photobucket, and deviantart, so I was happy it finally uploaded onto mega video, but it's still not working for someone, so this sucks XD

PS. Wow... Mr. Spoons is really fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I don't really mind criticism when it's constructive, but I don't want people to associate winning contests with getting flamed on the forum b:chuckle Then no one will want to enter b:cry
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    worked for me.... wierd

I am from Singapore, so maybe restricted to certain regions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    I hope I wasn't flamming >.>. I don't mean to if my post sounded like it. I'll stay away from contest for now on, well except amv contests XP I haven't had one in a long time with my friends. I blame my friends they critize me all the time but the sorta insults help me work hard and teach me to work on more what I need to. I'm still sorry if it sounds insulting here.

And now I'm ranting againb:cryb:shutup
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    I don't really mind criticism when it's constructive, but I don't want people to associate winning contests with getting flamed on the forum b:chuckle Then no one will want to enter b:cry

I do understand! It's just that everyone have its own opinion and that's inveitable in many situations where contests are concerned. I am very proud of all who took dares to do video editing which was not even their skills to begin with.

I suggest diversifying the video themes so that not only skilled amateurs shine in certain aspects, but others who lack in skills in video editing can make up for witty or wonderful revelation of their creativity will shine as well!

That'd make everyone feel being a part of contesting community!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    That's a great idea and we hope to do so. I think the worst possible thing we could do would be not providing enough structure for a contest like this. With every ones help I know we can find some good themes for future video contests
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    I hope I wasn't flamming >.>. I don't mean to if my post sounded like it. I'll stay away from contest for now on, well except amv contests XP I haven't had one in a long time with my friends. I blame my friends they critize me all the time but the sorta insults help me work hard and teach me to work on more what I need to. I'm still sorry if it sounds insulting here.

And now I'm ranting againb:cryb:shutup

Don't be! Critiques and low opinions do help! If these make you feel determined and set out a goal that will actually materialize in future, then it's a great help ^^ Just watch their stunned faces when you do make it!

Do not mistake it as a revenge but see it as an encouragement as an improved player in your in-gaming journey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    I do understand! It's just that everyone have its own opinion and that's inveitable in many situations where contests are concerned. I am very proud of all who took dares to do video editing which was not even their skills to begin with.

I suggest diversifying the video themes so that not only skilled amateurs shine in certain aspects, but others who lack in skills in video editing can make up for witty or wonderful revelation of their creativity will shine as well!

That'd make everyone feel being a part of contesting community!

I second thatb:thanks
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Please keep in mind that my comments are meant generally in reference to many posts in the thread, I haven't been speaking specifically about your posts at all Kitten and Bludan b:laugh You're all fine by me
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    I have started a new thread at Suggestions Box. Strangely, no one seems keen in my thread :(

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=341182
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Please keep in mind that my comments are meant generally in reference to many posts in the thread, I haven't been speaking specifically about your posts at all Kitten and Bludan b:laugh You're all fine by me

Of course, but I cannot be so rude by ignoring the post that is meant for those who critized the top winner. So, I have to say apologies for what I have said, even though your post is for us in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Don't be! Critiques and low opinions do help! If these make you feel determined and set out a goal that will actually materialize in future, then it's a great help ^^ Just watch their stunned faces when you do make it!
    Do not mistake it as a revenge but see it as an encouragement as an improved player in your in-gaming journey.

Lol, the only thing I have revenge on are those dang huggy hares. I got kicked off the server but my character was still fighting them. I force logged but it was too late and my charm was fried and I died. I so totally kicked those bunnies butts when I revived in town (Sometimes I'm too impatient for a cleric) and I managed to lv up that day. b:angryBut those bunnies will still pay. I'm personally killing them in the Eden fb.

But back to the whole video thing. I am good with the music in body language but lack in photocapturing. Well I did get good angles and got ? Bosses to attack at the right moment. My alt doesn't like me. It got fried so many times by the ? bosses. I already critized my faults in the vid.b:thanksI'll work on it but for now I'm going back to my real goal in this game. Once I hit lv 105 or the highest the game can go (plus a Brother's warsoul), I'll come back and capture and stuff. I'll stick to AMVs for now and work better on my lipsync which is actually really good in my Thriller vid (MJ Dedication).

I'll just make future theme suggestions for now.b:cute

Keep it up everyoneb:victory
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited July 2009

Oh.. ya.. I knew that... -shifts eyes- >.>
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Blastoise - Lost City
    Blastoise - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Woohoo, mine was an honorable mention.

Gratz to the winner
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    LOL keep it up meow......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    You might have to put it in general, Bludan. I doubt anyone hangs around the suggestions anymore.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    You might have to put it in general, Bludan. I doubt anyone hangs around the suggestions anymore.

looks earnestly at spoons. Wonder someone will be so kind to move my thread to General Discussion? b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    looks earnestly at spoons. Wonder someone will be so kind to move my thread to General Discussion? b:sin

^_______^
    {= > . < =} < Lol Lol!)
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    You know I can't do that, I can't break my own rules b:cry

You should.... you know..... link it in this thread. I'll be watching this thread for more suggestions anyway, so it's a win-win situation
    edited July 2009

You should.... you know..... link it in this thread

b:sin You can make a rule to counter that rule though.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009

You should.... you know..... link it in this thread

Opps sorry! ok I link here :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=341182
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    It's like the Matrix, I am bound by rules, however unlike Neo I can't bend them b:cry
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    It's like the Matrix, I am bound by rules, however unlike Neo I can't bend them b:cry

Really?? Hmm i should learn more on game admins. I don't know that you are not supposed to do certain things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]