EVENT:Blockbuster Video Contest WINNERS!

eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
event_details_banner_Video.jpg

This was by far one of the most amazing and most difficult to judge competitions in a long time! Our mailbox was flooded with wonderful entries from all parts of the PWI universe!

Our judges buckled down and made the hard decisions, and we finally have declared the winners. You folks haven't ceased to amaze us with your creativity yet, and if people that end up not winning decide not to participate in the future, we will be very sad indeed. Don't give up, there will be similar contests in the future!

Now announcing the executor of editing, the prizewinner of the previews, the champion of cinematics!

Kephras - Heavens Tear "imPerfect"

But wait, there's more! These two runners-up fought their way to the top, and came very close indeed with their stunning creativity and artistic prowess!

Venorik - Sanctuary "Venorik"

NaoShimai - Sanctuary "Perfect Heroes"
megavideo link for non-US users

Our grand prize winner will receive any ground mount of their choice, and the runners up will receive any flying mount of their choice! Give them a hand, this was no easy feat!

There were way too many great entries to simply stop there, we've made a short list of our honorable mentions for the contest and added it as a playlist to the official PWI YouTube channel!

WINNERS: we will contact you this week regarding your prize choices
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    first post yay .i wanna know wat mount they picked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    GRATS!!!! My prediction Venorik was right!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    phew good thing I didn't enter I would be crushed.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    phew good thing I didn't enter I would be crushed.....

No, that will make us come stronger than before! I am burning hot for next future video contests!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonAura - Heavens Tear
    MoonAura - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Congratz to Kephras.. a friend and faction mate! There was never a doubt you'd win! Awesome video from amazing talent! b:victory
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *has heart attack and dies*

I had... hoped, but never ever ever expected 1st... wow.
    What can I say except thank you?
    (repeated endlessly until lungs collapse, of course)

For the curious, this:
    Matchless.png
    is what I'd been dreaming of since the contest started.

PS: Spoons, would it be asking too much to add it to the Aerogear forge too?
    (I've no problem buying the widgets, unless you guys are super-gracious and wanna max it for me b:thanks)
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    wow that's good choice! Players will look at you riding this awesome white eagle! once again, grats!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Congrats to the winners!
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Koru - Heavens Tear
    Koru - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    First of all congrats to all the winners! I'm really glad that 'Perfect Hereos' was chosen since it was by far my favourite entry and had the composition of no other. I hope to see your work in the next round as well since it's such a pleasure to watch! ^^

As for myself, not really sure how I feel....thank-you very much for the honourable mentions, haha, stings a bit to see that though ^^; b:surrender
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Holy ****, I got 2nd place across all servers?! Was expecting the contest to be server-based. b:shocked Guess there's not very much I can say that'll repay the compliment so I'll keep it simple: THANKS SO VERY MUCH! b:thanks

Congratulations to both Kephras and NaoShimai (who I had pegged for first place) as well as everyone on the honorable mentions list, you guys did excellent jobs on your respective videos! b:victory

For myself, I will likely go along with this pair of wings (seeing as how I've been dreaming of 'em ever since I started playing):
    Dark%20Night.png

I can't wait to go up against all of you again on the next competition!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Nope, it won't be server-based. It's based on our creativity. Venorik I was so happy for you! The wings you chose is indeed majestic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyssea - Sanctuary
    Alyssea - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ah Curses.

Congrats to the Winners. I can definitely see that you deserved to win.

I just hope future contests have the choice-of-any-flying-mount prize. (I still want those wings!)
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ah oh well I knew ours wasnt going to get anywhere...
    make a note people, do NOT leave the entry making till the last minuet like we did b:bye

Loved the epicness of "imPerfect" and "Venorik", but I have to say, "Perfect Heroes" would have been my choice for 1st, its epic AND funny!

anyway big congratulations to the winners, and I hope we can see some more awesome contests like this in the future some of those camera shots you guys used are giving me ideas b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    O____________O

I just got up from my heart attack. (^o^) I am so happy! I'm really really glad to hear that people thought Perfect Heroes was enjoyable to watch, that was my goal!

Congratulations to all the winners, and all the competitors, you guys produced some amazing stuff. ( Kephras, my boyfriend liked yours better than mine, I was heart broken!! XD) I think next round is gonna be tuff stuff. Just like with the calendar contest, it's like everyone keeps getting better and better so I am excited to see what everyone creates next!

I'm not sure which I will choose yet... maybe those new phoenix wings??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ...( Kephras, my boyfriend liked yours better than mine, I was heart broken!! XD)...

Tell your BF I liked yours better ;) Like Venorik, I had you pegged for first as well.

Left my congrats on your videos already, but I'll second them here!
    Awesome job!
    And, dunno if this is appropriate place or not, but I'm very glad to see Koru's The Choice at the top of the Honorable Mention list ;) Thought that one in particular was spectactular as well.

...Gonna go back to hyperventilating now...
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Perfect Heroes entry was my favorite! so funny! xD

NaoShimai is lucky... didn't they win the fashion contest too?!
  • Top - Harshlands
    Top - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL @ 3rd place

That was GOLD how did you not win first LOL
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Perfect Heroes entry was my favorite! so funny! xD

NaoShimai is lucky... didn't they win the fashion contest too?!

You wouldn't think I was lucky if you knew how much coin I spent trying to get that Summer Pattern white. =_= let me tell you, there are a lot of tears that can come from that process.

Thank you again. I love to make people laugh, so winning or not, as long as I got SOMEONE to laugh then mission accomplished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think Nao shoulda won :'(

I wont lie the other 2 made me feel.....like emotions like anguish, and such It was......pretty freaky but totally awesome. my official review.

They all rocked but Nao should have won hands down. It had everything a good flick would have, the idiot/cool guy, the chick thats a bad **** and a love that quickly forms. NAO SHOULD HAVE WON!

Jesus......I've watched Nao's video 30 times now LOL it's......god I demand you make a full video out of it!! I'll budget it! *begs*

Oh and yes I'm totally serious lol I'd love to see more of this. And <.< I wanna be a director :P Or idk the producer? What ever they name the person that pays for it :P

Edit2.0: 40th time watching it lol call me obsessed but it rocks :'(
  • _JAKE_ - Sanctuary
    _JAKE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The 2 runner ups were great,the winner was terrible.GMs are dissapointing me more everyday.Idk how much longer this game will be lasting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anything important enough to find, isn't worth losing..
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The 2 runner ups were great,the winner was terrible.GMs are dissapointing me more everyday.Idk how much longer this game will be lasting.

In the GM's and game devs defense. They HAD to do it that way. The more serious one had to be the winner. I mean they want SERIOUS people to play cuz SERIOUS people = SERIOUS MONEY even though I can act like the panda in Nao's and still spend a pretty penny :P Nao hands down should have won. I /RAGED after I watched hers. And refer to my statement on the previous page.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3267351&postcount=20

I demand more >.>
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For some reason I cannot watch Perfect Heroes in my country, hope you fix this somehow.

As for the video I think "Venorik" should have won, I find his movie to be more.. awsome!

I see that this was a hard competition, and I surely will try to make a movie for the next contest. Thank you for a very good competition, and congratulations to the winners!
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Shooot. I need to do something so my video can be viewed! This sucks that anyone in Europe can't see it. Do you think Veoh would let it through?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I LOVE NaoShamis!!! WHOOO GRATZ!! LOL "Are THOSE your weapons?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Congratulations Ven! ^^

I was hoping you would win but... you still get any flying mount of your choice, I can't wait to see which one you pick. =P

Gratz to the other 1 as well. ^
  • Zaw - Heavens Tear
    Zaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *has heart attack and dies*

I had... hoped, but never ever ever expected 1st... wow.
    What can I say except thank you?
    (repeated endlessly until lungs collapse, of course)

For the curious, this:
    Matchless.png
    is what I'd been dreaming of since the contest started.

PS: Spoons, would it be asking too much to add it to the Aerogear forge too?
    (I've no problem buying the widgets, unless you guys are super-gracious and wanna max it for me b:thanks)
    LOL Keph I know u didnt expect it but you won it :D
    Gratz big fella!
    *Detonates*
    b:victory
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:surrender

I'm not even in the special listb:surrender And people liked my videob:sad

Grtz to the winners... :)

*cries in a corner* :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Shooot. I need to do something so my video can be viewed! This sucks that anyone in Europe can't see it. Do you think Veoh would let it through?

I had problems with my sound in my movie, so I uploaded it on http://www.megavideo.com/ and it worked for me. Hopefully it will do the same to you.
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hm... I just noticed all the winners have this talking in their video's.. I thought the contest was also with only music allowed...??
    (yeah sorry I'm still sad...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Shootuh - Sanctuary
    Shootuh - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    NaoShimai's was FTW in my opinion, it was HILARIOUS!
    I love the "Are those your weapons?" or something quote. xD
    That panda is just drop dead hilarious.

Still grats to the first place..