what are archers for apart from zhen?

Comments

• Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmmmmm lets see archer vs bm in pvp...goes something like this ... archer stuns and crits bm, kites, stuns and crits bm, bm possibly gets close and misses, archer stuns and crits bm, kites...repeat ad infinitum.

As it turns out BM's are the most useless class in PW... not quite a tank, not quite a DD their, they're ok if you want to appear human and wield dual weapons to look cool... only usefulness? defense buff. Nuff' said.

AOE stuns in TW Yum
    Plus those misses only count if you have a Low dex BM
    In the higher level, you start getting BM's with Dex. They Hurt :P
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmmmmm lets see archer vs bm in pvp...goes something like this ... archer stuns and crits bm, kites, stuns and crits bm, bm possibly gets close and misses, archer stuns and crits bm, kites...repeat ad infinitum.

As it turns out BM's are the most useless class in PW... not quite a tank, not quite a DD their, they're ok if you want to appear human and wield dual weapons to look cool... only usefulness? defense buff. Nuff' said.

Go say that in a TW.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    AOE stuns in TW Yum
    Plus those misses only count if you have a Low dex BM
    In the higher level, you start getting BM's with Dex. They Hurt :P

Agreed, also there is no much point to TW under lvl60.
    And there is such thing as +XX% accuracy. I am not shore at what lvl you can get those +50% ones, but I had one at till lvl3x which gave me +10%.
    Also archers aint wizards and we can miss too, and our stun isnt that reliable while its not lvl up.
    And stun according at what I have read is real but hurt.

But as with fb/tt runs I tend to agree, they dont really are DD and aint really a tanks. Though they can AoE and are best class at that, they also need lot of cleric attention. If they are high lvl compered with fb/tt run they can AoE trough it by pulling mobs together and AoE-ing them. But at boss they wont be that much of a help, well, they still have that iffy dragon skill though.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Your grammer is repulsive Randoms 'See you get better already'. You should say see you have gotten better already. Idiot!

Actually while I had more than 90% at reading, listening, speaking in my English exam I had only 35% at writing.b:laugh
    Not that its surprise, I cant get my original language grammar too and have nearly same results there.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I just realised that archers have no use what so ever:
    FB:
    Barbs-tank
    Bm-second tank/damage deal
    Wiz-ranged damage
    clerics-buffs
    veno-not needed
    archer-not needed

Same for TT

TW:
    Barbs-catapults
    BM-phy. damage
    Wiz-nukers
    clerics-buffs
    veno-not needed
    archers-not needed

Not only that but archers suck at pvp, seriously how do you guys manage to get into factions?

Dude seriously go play another game.

As for FB + TT:

An archer in an FB is also ranged damage dealer like a wizard since an archer is a DD class like a wizard.

Veno are used in TT and FBs for pulling mobs and tanking if a barb cannot be found, personally ive been on more TT runs and FBs with a veno as the tank rather than a barb.

Wizards and archer cant be used as nukes in TTs because the bosses are level 150 so everyone besides pets have reduced damage so you could say for a TT a veno is considered a DD if they have a pet that can survive the AoE damage if the boss does AoE.

As for TW:

Ive never been to a TW but the logic behind an archer being in a TW is simple. If the class you are fighting is being healed by a cleric use an archer to take out the cleric. Wizards cant do this like an archer can because an archer is ranged phy damage and most clerics are robes, and surely everyone knows robes = no phy def but high magic defence, so wizards are useless for destorying clerics.

As for PvP:

Most of the red names i see around HT server are archers so really how can archers suck at PvP?
  • Sarim - Dreamweaver
    Sarim - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Your grammer is repulsive Randoms 'See you get better already'. You should say see you have gotten better already. Idiot!

Your calling archers failures, your getting laugh at by a level thirteen! b:laugh
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Your calling archers failures, your getting laugh at by a level thirteen! b:laugh

b:laughb:laugh
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You know you're bad when your signature is LOLOLOLOLOLOL b:cute
  • Krels - Sanctuary
    Krels - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I just realised that archers have no use what so ever:
    FB:
    Barbs-Tank
    Bm-Second Tank/DD. (If a BM is a DD, and yet their DD is worse then archers...)
    Wiz-Ranged ELEMENTAL Damage
    clerics-Buffs and Heals
    veno-Secondary Tank/DD
    archer-Ranged PHYSICAL Damage

Same for TT

TW:
    Barbs-catapults
    BM-phy. damage
    Wiz-nukers
    clerics-buffs
    veno-not needed
    archers-not needed

Not only that but archers suck at pvp, seriously how do you guys manage to get into factions?

(STFU&GTFO on ANYTHING TW related. I know your not in Nefarious or Legendary or any of the few factions that have tried TW against them, so you know nothing in my oh-so-humble opinion.)

Are you STUPID?!
    Archers? Suck at PvP?
    Please, delete and uninstall now.
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    They do suck if i get close to an archer they're dead already.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited June 2009

you know who sucks? you do

how many archers have you really fought? that 3x who you said was 5x? any other "5x" you have killed? how about a screenshot
  • Krels - Sanctuary
    Krels - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Blanka, fight me then and see how you actually do?
    My level is clearly displayed though, ill be 39/40 when we fight b:victory
  • Organism - Lost City
    Organism - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Honestly Blanka, if you'd take a moment to get your head out of your **** and realise you're not such a big-shot, Being on a PvE server, your opinions are about as useful as the story you're trying to pull off. None of us give a damn about your lengthy sport sessions making you tired so your over in another forum trying to raise your ego a bit by throwing around an unsupported opinion, then following with the mindset of a 5th grader. None of us give a damn IF you infact did kill a 5x archer, because wow, killing one is like killing a whole. If you kill one possibly fail archer, that clearly means the however many other, say, hundreds? of archers there are on all of PWI and even all of PW are of the same fail status. Please..

Log onto a pk server for me. Since your clearly so skilled, run your little lvl1 self over to a hotspot for pking (On Lost City its normally secret passage, west gate of arch, anglers village, at least those are all the places ive seen people pking so far) Look at a few of the archers: notice their names are red? Hmm..that must be because they suck and cant kill anything, right? They must have just racked up their hours by cutting down trees or pking the horses and cats that roam around in each village.

Granted, most rednamed of any class got that way by killing lower levels they randomly found, thus by random pking. However, when those lowbies complain to their high level faction members, say a 7x BM, what do you think happens? The BM comes, theres a little showdown, whatever. The BM dies? The archer dies? Doesn't matter really. The point is that sooner or later an archer has to face those that are trying to kill them, their level or higher, because when random pking your little red name spells JACKPOT! to any passerby.

That's all Blanka, I'll leave you to insult me in some immature way you've so wonderfully displayed by your bickering with Randoms. I'm happy with my 17 year old self (so please tell me how old I must be for disagreeing with you) and could honestly care less how small you'd like to tell me I am in the pants. Why you care is a wonder to us all, I'm sure.
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Honestly Blanka, if you'd take a moment to get your head out of your **** and realise you're not such a big-shot, Being on a PvE server, your opinions are about as useful as the story you're trying to pull off. None of us give a damn about your lengthy sport sessions making you tired so your over in another forum trying to raise your ego a bit by throwing around an unsupported opinion, then following with the mindset of a 5th grader. None of us give a damn IF you infact did kill a 5x archer, because wow, killing one is like killing a whole. If you kill one possibly fail archer, that clearly means the however many other, say, hundreds? of archers there are on all of PWI and even all of PW are of the same fail status. Please..

Log onto a pk server for me. Since your clearly so skilled, run your little lvl1 self over to a hotspot for pking (On Lost City its normally secret passage, west gate of arch, anglers village, at least those are all the places ive seen people pking so far) Look at a few of the archers: notice their names are red? Hmm..that must be because they suck and cant kill anything, right? They must have just racked up their hours by cutting down trees or pking the horses and cats that roam around in each village.

Granted, most rednamed of any class got that way by killing lower levels they randomly found, thus by random pking. However, when those lowbies complain to their high level faction members, say a 7x BM, what do you think happens? The BM comes, theres a little showdown, whatever. The BM dies? The archer dies? Doesn't matter really. The point is that sooner or later an archer has to face those that are trying to kill them, their level or higher, because when random pking your little red name spells JACKPOT! to any passerby.

That's all Blanka, I'll leave you to insult me in some immature way you've so wonderfully displayed by your bickering with Randoms. I'm happy with my 17 year old self (so please tell me how old I must be for disagreeing with you) and could honestly care less how small you'd like to tell me I am in the pants. Why you care is a wonder to us all, I'm sure.

thank god some1 finally shuts up blanka

ty ty ty ty organism b:thanks
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    *Yawn* funny thread.
    Not quite worthy of a serious response.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow thats ridiculous.

I wish that you would come after me in pvp. I wish you were on my server and tried to kill me. You get close to me? I have a skill that slows you down, a skill that can freeze you in place for a very good amount of time, a stun skill that when maxed has a 90% chance of stun. You get close to me? At your level you wouldn't even be able to take a single one of my lightning combos. First skill for some good damage and reduce your metal resistence then another one to finish you off.

Tell you what. Make a barb on lost city server. Go ahead. Catch up to my level, I have been playing this game since closed beta and I am just now level 53 so you will catch up to me eventually. Come after me. I dare you. In fact before you do that make sure your name is blood red and you have lots of valuable equipment on you and no dolls.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    If you all don't like what I say don't read my thread no one forced you to read it. You read it 'cos you chose to.
  • SoulCallibur - Sanctuary
    SoulCallibur - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    All of you guys are ganging up on Blanka I think you shouldn't read this thread if you don't like what he says. He only had to start insulting people 'cos they were insulting him, this is all over a f2p game don't you think it's ridiculous.

And Organism You're trying to say that it's weird when Blanka insulted Randoms manhood. People do that all the time and it's hilarious.

But Blanka My main is a Barb on Lost city level 35 and it gets owned By archers and mages and clerics. Maybe you should play on lost city and test you're theories out.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    All of you guys are ganging up on Blanka I think you shouldn't read this thread if you don't like what he says. He only had to start insulting people 'cos they were insulting him, this is all over a f2p game don't you think it's ridiculous.

And Organism You're trying to say that it's weird when Blanka insulted Randoms manhood. People do that all the time and it's hilarious.

But Blanka My main is a Barb on Lost city level 35 and it gets owned By archers and mages and clerics. Maybe you should play on lost city and test you're theories out.

Yes it was weirdly funny.b:pleased

And I cant ignore thread where I can get so much fun out of someone.b:cry

Also I tried to duel with my lvl3x barb against lvl5x archer, I couldnt even hit him, one of 6 hits reach him and even then it was nothing, he could just stand there and laugh at me.
  • Sarim - Dreamweaver
    Sarim - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    You know you're bad when your signature is LOLOLOLOLOLOL b:cute

That is sooo going in my sig.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Dude seriously your level 40 you cant really talk about PvP when to be honest you know nothing about it and you havent really experienced it
  • Kuniam - Sanctuary
    Kuniam - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well, I decided to read this thread and I noticed it said Archers suck at pvp.

At the only time an archer may suck at PVP against a melee class is if the archer doesn't kite therefor having damage reduced to half, Archers are a really useful class, and not to mention a difficult one at the same time. I mean... Yes I've killed archers 10+ Levels then me, but the only reason is, is because their damage got reduced by half for not kiting me, If the archer had kited me, I will admit, I would have died quickly due to the damage and the constant crits ( Which hurt even up close ) So over all.. Archers at ranged distance.. Be careful and think of a stratedgy wisely. Sorry. didn't meant to jump in on the thread, just thought I would give my 2 cents about how clerics really are in duels/pvp for the melee chars out there
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    If you all don't like what I say don't read my thread no one forced you to read it. You read it 'cos you chose to.

if you don't like archers why start a thread like this then?

also, i agree with drmelvin and soulcalibur, you're on pve server, how can you tell which class is good and which class sucks? if you were on pvp server you would have been pked by an archer at least 15 times
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Well, I decided to read this thread and I noticed it said Archers suck at pvp.

At the only time an archer may suck at PVP against a melee class is if the archer doesn't kite therefor having damage reduced to half, Archers are a really useful class, and not to mention a difficult one at the same time. I mean... Yes I've killed archers 10+ Levels then me, but the only reason is, is because their damage got reduced by half for not kiting me, If the archer had kited me, I will admit, I would have died quickly due to the damage and the constant crits ( Which hurt even up close ) So over all.. Archers at ranged distance.. Be careful and think of a stratedgy wisely. Sorry. didn't meant to jump in on the thread, just thought I would give my 2 cents about how clerics really are in duels/pvp for the melee chars out there

yeah and don't forget about metal skills full damage up close
  • Organism - Lost City
    edited June 2009

You've made many similar posts on other forums as well, such as how wiz's suck just as bad, yet you've got nothing to back it up. Yes, I choose to read it because I'm deciding whether to switch to an archer, and having some 4x self centered kid spreading bs about a class is rather annoying.

It's really just childish on his part. Funny, to an extent (sometimes more to an extent in context if its actually funny and not being serious; like maybe if he wasn't trying to backup his manhood because he plays sports before he sits down and flames the countless forums without realistic claims to his worth [WOW HE KILLED AN ARCHER, LETS WORSHIP HIS SUPERIOR MANHOOD! b:dirty]) but continuously?..It's just childish. His main post was an insult if I'm not mistaken..saying an entire class is a mat he can walk on (not those exact words, but that would be the main idea).

I dont see how it matters if a game is F2p, P2p, or costs your life savings to play it; thats not the point. He goes around flaming forums as he pleases because..well I'm not sure tbh. Makes him feel good? The game must be pretty serious to him to flame more than one forum with illegitimate "facts" about the failures of a class because he really thinks he's just that amazing. So every once in a while someone telling him to stfugtfopl0xn33b might be good for him. Or maybe he could do as countless others have said he should do and actually try to get some evidence. I've yet to see, on any of his posts, actual backup to anything..and he still remains on a PvE.
  • Organism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    if you don't like archers why start a thread like this then?

also, i agree with drmelvin and soulcalibur, you're on pve server, how can you tell which class is good and which class sucks? if you were on pvp server you would have been pked by an archer at least 15 times

Archers several levels above me can kill me in two hits b:shocked. Maybe start a thread how BM's suck as well, Blanka.

Edit: WHATS EVEN FUNNIER is that on this thread you backup the pro's of a wiz being a damage dealer, yet over in wizzy forums you lay down the same claim that they fail just as badly. Your inconsistencies AMAZE me. Clearly you know what your talking about.
  • DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary
    DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Organism I have never seen a post from Blanka in the wizzie forums before. So i don't know where you got that from.
  • ShipWreck - Lost City
    ShipWreck - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Read on my friend b:thanks

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=278242

And I'm sure hes posted on others too.
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    This thread wasn't meant to be a flame or nothing I just sound arrogant and rude that's what I'm like. But when all you guys started getting mad I thought it would be funny to play along.
  • Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:shocked this is insane
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be only one Lord of the Elves
    And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!