The Cube of Fate

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol ppl check the damn forums and you will see that a guide was posted by a friendly PWi player ^^
    b:dirty
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so much whinning in this thread. It gives you 400k xp. It is not supposed to be super easy. Just like other areas of the game talk to someone who does it and get pointers, or do some searching in these forums and find the numerous guides that exsist on it.

yes it cost a couple hundred k each day in coins to do. However you get 400k + xp. I do it every day. Its not that hard or expensive. Everyone that doesnt even knoow how to finish need to quit whinning baout what they dont know.
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    went in a few times besides it being a total money sink its a totally head pickler to0..
    waste of time
    waste of money
    and a headache
    this was made last year... idk who necro'd it but....

the only thing cube is good for is getting to arch for free.

some REAL substantive feedback tho...

the "pay 100k to open some chests and get 1 coin back" rooms are bs. 100k and a dice ticket? AT LEAST make it 1 or the other, not both.

the "stay alive for 100 seconds" rooms are also bs. total pointless waste of a charm. and we cant even kill the thing.

squad of 6 room = impossible task. should not have been added. which brings me to all of the other

"pay to pass" rooms -- robber card room, and that other one where the npc doesnt look like the herc, and he has no exchange option in his menu. he really should have the exchange option. it is totally unfair to have every other npc able to trade mirages for dice and do all for other things and leave this out on the midget npc and the have a listen lady.

pay to pass rooms should be eliminated. that's not a task or a trial, its a purchase and a pain in the ****.

pay 100k rooms- you get a box at the end. If it is a golden box you have a 10% chance to get a ticket worth 1m coin. Or dont open and sell the box. I love this room winner everytime.

Stay alive for 100 sec the point is stay alive not kill things. Its really not hard at all. Get a few tick s of charm pop some pots = done

The midgert NPc and the have a listen lady dont do exchange cause the harc at the end of that room has it. Go in with dice tickets come on its not that hard. Robber rooms - bring cards with you , buy them in cube, or use do alls.

Some people amase me b:surrender
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't understand 'Cube of Fate' Challenges. Theres no real description of what to do and how to do it and it seems very expensive and i don't think its worth the time.
    All i want is a tutorial on what to do.

there was a stickied guide for it in another sub board, you didnt need to post this.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    For all you peeps that dont check the forums, and only complain here.
    Check the guide http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157802
    b:dirty
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That guide is very informative. I used it when I started doing cube.

Once you get the hang of cube, you'll wonder how the hell you leveled without it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Stay alive for 100 sec the point is stay alive not kill things. Its really not hard at all. Get a few tick s of charm pop some pots = done

Some people amase me b:surrender

yea we're not all bms or barbs with high hp. do you really think i stand there w/o a charm or pots and say "duh"? 1st one charm can handle it just fine, 2nd one i cant tank it with charm, pots, and apoc pots. hits too hard for my low hp.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yea we're not all bms or barbs with high hp. do you really think i stand there w/o a charm or pots and say "duh"? 1st one charm can handle it just fine, 2nd one i cant tank it with charm, pots, and apoc pots. hits too hard for my low hp.

I've beaten room 47 (the 3rd and hardest of 100 second stand) as a wizard using just my hp charm, red pots and morning dew skill......though yes i've also lost. it's been about 50/50
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Do something about room 10 bomb!5 times in a ****ing row i've gotten it now,then straight into room 14 pk,where i am forced to die and go back to start because no ones there and you can't buy freakin do all cards to pay to pass because no **** will sell them,then the countdown of bomb is still going on and the npc doesnt remove it so then i rush to get to room 17 where i can diffuse it and hey ****ing presto i'm back in room 10 and because the freaking bomb aint defused im ****ing stuck in room 10 until it goes off,back to room 1 again and it all happens again!

Yeah i'm ****ing pissed right now b:angry
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've beaten room 47 (the 3rd and hardest of 100 second stand) as a wizard using just my hp charm, red pots and morning dew skill......though yes i've also lost. it's been about 50/50
    The first two 100 sec stand rooms I've done with my 70 veno using the powders from the Jolly Jones event, no charm. She's only got like 1700 hp. They're not that hard if you have a running speed buff, though there is a small bit of luck involved with which direction you're running when you first get dropped in the room.

The first one is almost trivial. The second one, the damage rate exceeds the powder's hp regen rate. So you need a supplemental heal (genie skill, rejuv pots, soul transfusion, charm). The last one I don't think is doable without a charm. The damage rate is just too high to counter with the other heals for 100 sec.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Do something about room 10 bomb!5 times in a ****ing row i've gotten it now,then straight into room 14 pk,where i am forced to die and go back to start because no ones there and you can't buy freakin do all cards to pay to pass because no **** will sell them,then the countdown of bomb is still going on and the npc doesnt remove it so then i rush to get to room 17 where i can diffuse it and hey ****ing presto i'm back in room 10 and because the freaking bomb aint defused im ****ing stuck in room 10 until it goes off,back to room 1 again and it all happens again!

Yeah i'm ****ing pissed right now b:angry

lmao, next time just wait in room 1 until the time limit on the bomb is up and u get blown up, then restart ur cube run, do not attempt the cube again until u actually taken care of the bomb.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear
    Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A friend from my guild usually goes there and has a lot of fun. I think he reached room 50 but i dont know if he got something (gotta ask him). Anyway he always enjoys cube of fate b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pure_Wish [Rigante]
    Level 8x cleric
    Happily married to RyuNova <3
    PureWish [Rigante]
    Level 7x Psychic
    Pure_Blossom [Rigante]
    Level 3x Mystic
  • Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
    Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i did it once cuz it said lvl 40 + and i thought to my self well if it says 40 i have a chance..... WROng!!! i entered a room with an aoe boss.. and got owned... waste of 15k ... never again.
  • katiemorgan
    katiemorgan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    most days i love the cube. some days i hate it. cube veterans might feel me on this one...

btw for those of you wanting to give the cube a try for the first time, i strongly suggest you read cube guide posted on these forums before you start, otherwise you will likely have a very confusing and frustrating experience.

good luck!
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well i know about cube but i keep hearing theres lotsa glitches and people still getting stuck etc so i havent tried it out. I plan to though eventually just hoping they fix some stuff more.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well i know about cube but i keep hearing theres lotsa glitches and people still getting stuck etc so i havent tried it out. I plan to though eventually just hoping they fix some stuff more.

well rooms that reset can reset in the middle of running through mobs which is pretty crazy annoying but fairly rare, and ive had 14/34 bug where the npc doesnt appear before ;/ , but overall 1-50 have not been too problematic
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I got there once with one ticket, which i got form the snowman during the Christmas event I think. I got to some room and got stuck.

Later I found a guide in the forums and after reading it I was discouraged enough not to try ever again.

I plan to try one day but from what I understood from the guide it's not for my class and my build until I have a decent equipment and it won't happen tomorrow. Pity, but nothing new. What else could a wizard expect in this game.
  • Esme_ - Dreamweaver
    Esme_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i didn't even get past the first room it telported me too all it was it a bunch of orange named mobs and 2 NPCS i wasn't able to get through it at all.
  • Ayamehowl - Sanctuary
    Ayamehowl - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Too expensive, too confusing.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Too hard and expansive to complete, too little reward, too annoying.
    this isnt suited for me.. unless the reward changes from 400k exp to like 2m exp at lvl 80b:pleased
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I knew about it but I never use it

Hear its a money drain and very hard.
  • shazyousuckbot
    shazyousuckbot Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    greetings jebbediah:

let it be known that this is your first and final warning that you are in violation of rule #5 of these forums. specifically:

"5. Harass, threaten, verbally abuse PWE as an entity along with its staffers, representatives and all registered users through any and all available channels (forums posts, PMs, in-game chat, etc.)."

your use of language is also borderline offensive. your next violation will result in disciplinary action ranging (at the discretion of staff) from 1 day to a permanent ban.

we ask that everyone please keep this discussion on-topic and civil as this thread exists solely to gather user feedback on a specific game development related issue.

thank you for cooperating.

Your a ****en idiot moron if i knew u in rl i'd cut your dam fingers off ****ing idiot child
  • AIDS - Harshlands
    AIDS - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    cube is way too difficult to finish
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Don't waste your money on it.
    Chances are you'll blow several hundred k and end up with nothing.

Also most of the rooms are pk.
  • quantum421
    quantum421 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok i turned 40 saw thw shield .. entered the Cube... Ok this game sucks.. NOT PW.. the game rules the Cube of Fate is a joke..To much cash TO MUCH.. to little explanation...no clue what to do.. The game itself is very user frendly.. So why the nightmare of NO INFO for a super pricey game in game...im in the first room 300 mobs im 40 they r 45 55 65.. NO Clue what to do.. now i read all these posts... Except for the super uber players who have all day to look stuff up n spend the money to mess up to figure it out.. well ill never go back... not on a dare..To me its a waste...Seems im nort alone on that thought... My 2 cents...
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To me it seems more like a play room for high level uber-equipped characters with more money than they know what to do with. If you're planning to use the cube for profit, you better know exactly what you're doing, or be extremely lucky.

Which is fine.
    Some people find it very enjoyable, and having the option there is nice. Difficulty makes it a challenge. Obviously it wont be for everyone. Rather than "fixing" the cube up to try make one or two people happy, it'd be better to create new content that suits the non-cube playing half of the community.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Don't waste your money on it.
    Chances are you'll blow several hundred k and end up with nothing.

Also most of the rooms are pk.

I think only 7 rooms are PK enabled.

Cube does cost way too much. mirage stones should make 3 or 4 tickets not 2. This would lower cost a small amount. It would still cost alot depending on your luck and what rooms you get but the tickets would be more affordable
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Jeisus - Sanctuary
    Jeisus - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Personally, after a while it doesn't seem all that bad. I've only done it 6 times and I've passed it maybe 3 times. It's not too challenging, granted there is a guide, and your luck is overwhelmingly good... However... The rooms after level 50, are virtually impossible to complete unless you are of the Untamed race, Venomancers and Barbarians notably. Sure it may seem easy if you have a legendary pet tanking for you, or Hit-Points [HP] in the upper thousands. It's just a shame as easily as you die, you start back at room one [1], instead of room fifty [50] and you leave with nothing after completing the seemingly hard parts to get to the more extreme parts with more a more improbable survival rating.

True, it's a bit expensive in price, especially when you get nothing out of it. But the idea that mirage stones should cover more than just two dice tickets would be great to implement, to reduce some of the cost for other players who don't have the same luck as others. As for the rooms, where you pay 100k to pick up treasures and pass, you should have an option for others not to try their luck with the Sadness and Ecstacy Cards. Not everyone wants to get stuck in those rooms. It's a waste of money for many as the chances of getting profit is slim to none. Granted you enter those rooms ten times, you have a one-in-ten chance of getting one million [1,000,000] coins. By that time you have already spent that amount of money, and even then the one-in-ten chance can skip over that ten percent, and you spend even more money, making things alot less enjoyable.

As for the rooms 51-60, the only ones I've noted who are not complaining about not being able to pass are those higher levels with legendary pets [Venomancers]. For clerics, archers, wizards, and most other players who don't have that kinda access to notable power, it is a bit overwhelming. Toning down the difficulty level, or making seperate routes depending on your class or race might make things a bit more enjoyable. However, the Cube of Fate is definitely not for everyone, and without a tweek in the system, it's a Dire Fate in the Cube for most everyone. Making things a lot less enjoyable for many...
  • _Jack - Lost City
    _Jack - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    complete money drain as far as im concerned its not hard but its time consuming and not very reliable way of getting anything
    i have looked for guides for it and i have found a playlist of videos on youtube by a kindhearted person for every room
    but i will probally never do it i can grind solo and get aboutthe same xp and more money in the time it would take me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lmao, next time just wait in room 1 until the time limit on the bomb is up and u get blown up, then restart ur cube run, do not attempt the cube again until u actually taken care of the bomb.

b:laughSage advice.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet