The Cube of Fate

Options
12346»

Comments

• MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lmao, next time just wait in room 1 until the time limit on the bomb is up and u get blown up, then restart ur cube run, do not attempt the cube again until u actually taken care of the bomb.

b:laughSage advice.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's actually very easy if you read what the fat guys tell you.
    I got to room 50 on my first try and gotten 2/3 ecstasy cards, so it can't be that bad. But maybe I haven't done it enough. O_O

I'd be willing to try it more often if mirage stones gave like 5 dice tickets instead of 2. 'Cause come on. We refine with those, too! b:cry
  • Chili - Dreamweaver
    Chili - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i love cube. fast exp and pretty much fun. i think without cube i'd had already quit pw b:surrender
    b:quiet
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've been in there 2x. First time everything was in chinese. I can not read chinese so I left. Had trouble even finding the exit as I was lost b/c it was my first time in there.

Second time I went in armed with dice tickets ready to give it a go. After about 30 minutes 2 sadness cards 200k and lots of frustration I left and vowed to never go back.

For the chic who says she got to room 50 on her first try she must have been LUCKY. There are some horrid things in there you have to kill that are like lvl 90 and up. So either she skipped those rooms with luck or is not being truthful. Lvl 70 can not kill level 90 stuff I don't care what size charm you have on!

In short, the COF is difficult to understand even for someone with an IQ of 130!
    Unless something else has been implemented in there since I last went in, 3 months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I actually went in yesterday again.

First time i entered was after xmas event.. I spend 600k in there and got 6 sadness cards.. Ended up in room 47 finally.. And in that room i hated the cube and left..

And so yesterday i thought: lets give it a try again with the spare dice tickets i had..
    I went in.. And startd it 4 times over.. Spend 100k(got 1 sadness card again), got 5 mysterious chips(4 and 1, very strange that one, i killed 5 mobs but there was only 1 counted).. And I yet again ended up in room 47 againb:angry

So for me now: cube is closedb:surrenderb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I swear they tweaked the die probabilities to make the 100 sec stand rooms and PK rooms more likely to come up. Before I hit level 67, I finished the Cube 6 times. I only hit a PK room about once every two days I tried the Cube (that is, half the days I tried it, I never hit a PK room). 100 sec rooms were more frequent, but not annoyingly so. I averaged about 18 mirages spent each time I finished it.

I stopped doing Cube for about a month when I hit 67, then started again recently. I've only managed to finish it once, and that attempt took 44 mirages. All the daily failed attempts have ended up hitting the 100 sec rooms 4-7 times and the PK rooms 3-4 times. After burning ~150 mirages with only one success to show for it, I gave up. In my experience, it's a huge waste of time now.

Edit: And just to be clear, the last two 100 sec rooms and the two PK rooms are the only ones I fail on now. I can get past all the other rooms no problem. So except for 3 or 4 stupid deaths, all those failures since I restarted have been due entirely to those 4 rooms.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I must agree with Solandri

there must have been some changes in the Dices...

last time i did the cube.. 6 starts. .and 5 times in room 14 or her friend.

(i did 4 times the exact same rooms)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Although i have not yet done cube **** many times as other people, i too think that something was changed.
    A few days ago i attempted the cube just to get xp (2 attempts). I got to room 46/47 (the 100 sec room) BOTH times, and many of the other crappy rooms (aka PK rooms) were also visited twice by me. b:cry

Maybe i'm just having bad luck, i wont be trying this again any time soon.

EDIT: Speaking of luck. Could we please have the option to skip the ecstasy/sadness rooms? Paying 100k for a 2% chance to get 5 mil coins (room 40) or 10% chance to get 1 mil coins (room 8/17) is not my idea of an investment. Same for room 37 where you pay 200k for 1-3 Mirage Celestones, 5-10 Dice Tickets or 2 Do-All Cards, i mean come on. b:shutup