Fist BM wearing light armor

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    chomon wrote: »
    didnt read much of the topic, youre only level 47, once you see misty forest rings(increase accuracy by 50% rings) .

I wonder, if there is a ring that adds on STR rather than Dex as this one? at the same level of course.

Since, I'm high dex, I rarely miss. I need something different than this ring.
  • Gilia - Heavens Tear
    Gilia - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just a little heads up,

I've played this LA fist BM since my day one, and while i may not perform as well as some other builds, it's lots of fun :)

With Relentless Courage from the genie, i can break 2 atts/sec, and while it only lasts 8 seconds it's plain awesome, even more so when sparked.

I also carry a bow for convenience, and because of the build i find this game more enjoyable as you can't just charge into a group of mobs, but have to think a little about what you are doing.

After all this is a game, and if you have a good time playing it, then stick to your style until you don't enjoy it anymore, and for me that point hasn't come yet b:pleased
    I'll get a sig when i need one...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Just a little heads up,

I also carry a bow for convenience, and because of the build i find this game more enjoyable as you can't just charge into a group of mobs, but have to think a little about what you are doing.

Agreed but for some reason many people dont understand this.
  • Grammaton - Harshlands
    Grammaton - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I did some research with character builder, used two rings with +30 % evasion (magic attack - very sad :) ) and full set of high level LA with result of evasion 8000+. With build of spear bm, dex about 200, two rings with +50 % accuracy this gives about 5000 accuracy.

Now tell me - and I really ask because I dont know it - what chance do you have that you will hit my LA fist bm with this spear bm accuracy build? Is it enough to use stun lock on me? And btw, I would use fists with chance to heal for 5 % HP every hit (and I hit quite often, you know?). :)
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I did some research with character builder, used two rings with +30 % evasion (magic attack - very sad :) ) and full set of high level LA with result of evasion 8000+. With build of spear bm, dex about 200, two rings with +50 % accuracy this gives about 5000 accuracy.

Now tell me - and I really ask because I dont know it - what chance do you have that you will hit my LA fist bm with this spear bm accuracy build? Is it enough to use stun lock on me? And btw, I would use fists with chance to heal for 5 % HP every hit (and I hit quite often, you know?). :)

Around 70~78% chance to hit.

Yes, Stun locking would be pretty easy since Roar won't miss, plus all the new Genie Skills that can Stun/Freeze/Silence/Total Freeze you that won't miss because evasion doesn't matter.

A Fist user will never be able to kill a Heavy Armor user past level 90 (unless the other is a total noob), while the other is able to kill the LA user very easily.

A build like that means you will be using evasion shards, meaning a huge loss in HP, magic users will kill you very easily.

So you can't kill Heavy Armor users, and you can't kill + survive casters, making the build pretty much good for nothing.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

TBH I dont know lol

The reason is because I have not found a formula for evasion based on dex. If everything was direcly proporcional. points on STR or DEX should not be an issue.

Saying that I dont think is direcly proporcional. I'm expeculating here but BM's might get more benefits form hight str rather than high dex (as the archers are the high dex guys).

Saying that I;m high dex, when I;m grinding many mobs, you would be surprised how much they miss me.
  • AzureDemon - Dreamweaver
    AzureDemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Genie skill reduce accuracy by 75% solves that problem.....

Genie skill increase ar to 30% plus any plus as interval items gets u to about 2.1 attacks+ a second. I might be off on this pretty sure its higher.....(lvl 70ish...will be higher around 90, about 3 attacks a second :P)

Also no one ever takes into account our wonder fire damage from our ult skill....only bm that can do element damage is fist, it will help....

Yes we attack for lower damage but, when u take into account the number of hits we get compared to yours it equals out. Spike damage is nice but you don't crit half as often as a fist bm, and hit even less...given above info. Now i can't take into account a bm that actually adds into dex, since i rarly see them, but you wont be nearly as close as the fist bms in accuracy or crit.

Now i am not saying i always win against players my own lvl etc, but with light armor i do a lot better or win vs mages then those heavy armors, and vs heavy armors it is either up to who can hit first or heal first.

Still wondering...is bm heal skill allowed during duels???? Some say yes, some say no...some...don't seem to know about it... But i can duel another bm for days if we both heal constantly, then it goes to who wastes the most mana first, and if using mana potions is legal or not...if not fist wins...if yes...another day goes by... Fist bms use a lot less mana then any other bm when used right, so it all depends on the duel rules

PVP....out the window, cause when u pvp properly it isn't always 1vs1....so no point on dwelling...Marrow skills 1vs1 puts the fist bm on top cause of light armor, (if u heavy armor switch) but i rarly see 1vs1 pvp so????
  • Grammaton - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    I would like to mention genie skill which drains mana points, which will make the fight 1vs1 bm more "natural" :)

Even for lvl 90 bm, this skill is enough when cast 4 times and it stucks, so... bye bye mana, hello regular hits/crits/sparks/sparks with crits :)

I wonder how it will look like with using mp charm - if it will do even then.
  • Grammaton - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Btw, got lvl 55 barb two days before. :)=

It was like he: miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, 300 hp, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, 400 hp, miss ...

And I did: 70 hp, 75 hp, 70 hp, 75 hp, 70 hp, miss (oh damn!), 70 hp, 75 hp, 70 hp, 70 hp, , 75 hp, miss (oh damn again! where I am looking), critical shadowless 400 hp in the end, bye bye cattie. :)
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You guys need a lot more PvP experience. I have to do rebirth now so I'll tell you how your points are not valid.

But really, duels....just lol.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Just a little heads up,

I've played this LA fist BM since my day one, and while i may not perform as well as some other builds, it's lots of fun :)

With Relentless Courage from the genie, i can break 2 atts/sec, and while it only lasts 8 seconds it's plain awesome, even more so when sparked.

After all this is a game, and if you have a good time playing it, then stick to your style until you don't enjoy it anymore, and for me that point hasn't come yet b:pleased

This is what many people dont understand, this is not a job. This is game for you to have fun.

Its a shame that some idiots think this is a job or a career.

You are 80+, you are LA, you use bow, you use fists and you are having fun.

Detractors, please go with your boring builts somewhere else.
  • Wilde - Harshlands
    Wilde - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First off,

More power to you for going the road less traveled, but my opinion, Fist really doesnt become viable until 90+.

Now, here is the problem I think you are going to have. You have to remember, most pvp axe BMs cap our Vit at 50 base and then pump Dex as our secondary. If you are wearing LA against my HA and we both Marrow, yeah, you will probably hit me alot more, but those hits are gonna be for 70s and you are just not gonna get through my charm-sutra-tree of protection.

The main thing is crit spike dmg, while Im not sure what you will be critting for say at 70+ I cant think it would be much. Say you crit Aeolin for 2k, well that doesnt even tic my charm. Now if i crit Aeolin, its gonna crit for 7-8k, I have pulled 14k with it on a beserk. The ability to turn around and one shot you is far greater than any threat you really pose to me.

But of course, Im sure its fun as hell to frustrate mages and clerics with interuptions.

90+ is pretty much a different game entirely from 1-89.
  • Kuroblood - Dreamweaver
    Kuroblood - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would like to mention genie skill which drains mana points, which will make the fight 1vs1 bm more "natural" :)

Even for lvl 90 bm, this skill is enough when cast 4 times and it stucks, so... bye bye mana, hello regular hits/crits/sparks/sparks with crits :)

I wonder how it will look like with using mp charm - if it will do even then.

if u want to include genie skills i'm pretty sure there is this skill that reflect damage...... I doubt u have more hp then heavy users so knock your self out literally.
  • Grammaton - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Around 70~78% chance to hit./QUOTE]

That would mean when you have 1000 accuracy and opponent has 1000 evasion, you will hit 100 % time. Thats not true.

Accuracy 5000 and Evasion 8500 - I think it wont be 70~78%.

And btw, I didnt counted any evasion shards, so I can use hp or evasion as an addon, count yourself how high can go evasion in that case.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    That would mean when you have 1000 accuracy and opponent has 1000 evasion, you will hit 100 % time. Thats not true.

Accuracy 5000 and Evasion 8500 - I think it wont be 70~78%.

And btw, I didnt counted any evasion shards, so I can use hp or evasion as an addon, count yourself how high can go evasion in that case.

Here: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/

Make your build, click "Save" and post the link.

This is what many people dont understand, this is not a job. This is game for you to have fun.

Its a shame that some idiots think this is a job or a career.

You are 80+, you are LA, you use bow, you use fists and you are having fun.

Detractors, please go with your boring builts somewhere else.

This is what a few people don't understand, there're a lot of ways to have fun. This is a game for one to have fun.

It is a shame that some idiots think that killing mobs is challenging and the only fun in this game.

You are 90+, you are useful in TW, you beat rebirth order, you are very good in PvP and you are having fun.

Non factors, please go with your useless builds somewhere else.
  • Seed - Dreamweaver
    Seed - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009

[edit:] Hope this one works this time: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=82532fe3c12cf068

Based on 5 Str 5 Dex per 2 level with LA, not sharded, with 1-handed blade.

The fist build he mentioned will probably have 20% higher dex, less phys. dam but faster attack speed?

I don't want to engage in an argument, but I just find it a good opportunity to find out how good / bad it is.
    please go with your useless builds somewhere else.

Isn't this taking it a little too far, Lyndura? You literally walked into another person's topic to dismiss them?

Ever tried walking into a stranger's house and tell the owner to GTFO of their own house? b:laughb:laughb:laugh

By the way, sorry I know my build will be off-topic but I can't help it

Also...
    Myriad Sword Stance Level 10

Turn one's vigor into an immense sword to strike down the enemy. Within 12.0 meters of the target adds 200% weapon physical damage your base physical damage plus an additional 6096.8 damaging all enemies and reducing their physical and magical attack 50% for 15 seconds.

With my build... (hyperthetically at least)

Weapon dam = 798-1481
    200% = 1596-2962
    Base = 3409-5702
    + 6096.8

Skill damage = 11101.8-14760.8

If I crit (with 27% + Genie skills, I think I will Crit sometimes)... that'd be roughly... 22203.6-29521.6

Ofc there will be reduction from physical defense, but does this seem bad?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Here: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/

This is what a few people don't understand, there're a lot of ways to have fun. This is a game for one to have fun.

It is a shame that some idiots think that killing mobs is challenging and the only fun in this game.

You are 90+, you are useful in TW, you beat rebirth order, you are very good in PvP and you are having fun.

Non factors, please go with your useless builds somewhere else.

The only idiot here is you. You are the one who thinks that your way is the right way for everyone.

You are the only idiot who comes here with your silly built like if anyone here will get some money in their puckets by it.

This is intended to give fun to players. either PVP, PVE, TW, ect. There are fun aspects for everyone here.

The PVP here is silly IMO, its a matter who has the best weapon, best armor, higher level ect. You are happy with that. welcome to enjoy it. For few of us is not.

BTW, you reinforce this thinking by putting the BM in the axes box by telling people to go to axes, use same stats, use same skills. ect.

Keep in mind, you have all these clons fighting each other and the winner being decided by who has better hierro or who is a bit smarter.

BTW the lack of smart is easily solved by putting some dollars in the game.

I will always find stupid, that your axes builts are based on AOE skill. its kind of like giving only granades to a soldier and tell him:

"if a group of enemies closes on you, use a granade"

"if only one of them closes on you, still use a granade"

"you have other weapons available but as you can see the granade will work in any situation"

I;m sure this makes total sence to you in any case.

BM skills have their uses and I use them acordingly to have fun and I could care less if you like or not.

If You are so good in PVP, take level 50 toon axes and beat a level 90 toon fists and then you convince me that your built is the greatest of them all.

BTW, I hope you get some awards form your builts. I bet 99.99% of the population of this planet does not care (even many players like me, dont care either). Only you and your followers.

So you think level 90 and your built are great. I just can tell you to get off your computer chair and you will see that there are many things around you way better than your level 90 toon and your builts.

BTW, you dont own neither your toon or your usefull builts. So you know.b:chuckle
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    [edit:] Hope this one works this time: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=82532fe3c12cf068

Based on 5 Str 5 Dex per 2 level with LA, not sharded, with 1-handed blade.

The fist build he mentioned will probably have 20% higher dex, less phys. dam but faster attack speed?

I don't want to engage in an argument, but I just find it a good opportunity to find out how good / bad it is.

With my build... (hyperthetically at least)

Weapon dam = 798-1481
    200% = 1596-2962
    Base = 3409-5702
    + 6096.8

Skill damage = 11101.8-14760.8

If I crit (with 27% + Genie skills, I think I will Crit sometimes)... that'd be roughly... 22203.6-29521.6

Ofc there will be reduction from physical defense, but does this seem bad?

11,101.8 ~ 14,760.8 / 4 = 2775.45 ~ 3690.2

Assuming there is a 78% physical damage reduction then it would be:

610.5 ~ 811.8 real damage.

Anyways, your build is way too unreal, you are using Rank 8 equipment which (if things keep being the way they are) you will never have, and even assuming by theory that you somehow are able to get that equipment, you can't use them because they don't belong to the Blademaster class.

Blademaster is only able to get Heavy Armor from Rank 8 equipment.

You need to play more and learn what you will be using in a future, instead of just throw random equipment in the calculator without knowing what you are doing.

Lol @ Ganrey's post and he thinking that I use Axes.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am pretty much you in stats as a sword BM, only diff is the maybe 20-30ish point diff in STR we need for our gear. 14% Crit ftw, almost pure dex archers have trouble always landing shots ;D

But that is awesome that you decided to become a "fistmaster(haha)". Keep it that way, stay unique.b:victory
  • Seed - Dreamweaver
    Seed - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Anyways, your build is way too unreal, you are using Rank 8 equipment which (if things keep being the way they are) you will never have, and even assuming by theory that you somehow are able to get that equipment, you can't use them because they don't belong to the Blademaster class.

Blademaster is only able to get Heavy Armor from Rank 8 equipment.

You need to play more and learn what you will be using

Thank you Lyndura.

The site did not post any restriction even tho I chose my class first, so I would not have known.

As you said I need to play more to find out what's out there.

But with the way things are going, BMs cannot get good LA armor then? Is there any alternatives that anyone know of? Or am I stuck with NPC 2* items and hope for 3*s out of the blue?

Even though with 5 Str / 2 level I am pretty sure I can wear heavy... but...
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thank you Lyndura.

The site did not post any restriction even tho I chose my class first, so I would not have known.

As you said I need to play more to find out what's out there.

But with the way things are going, BMs cannot get good LA armor then? Is there any alternatives that anyone know of? Or am I stuck with NPC 2* items and hope for 3*s out of the blue?

Even though with 5 Str / 2 level I am pretty sure I can wear heavy... but...

Pretty sure you can wear TT light armor set. And if you want an "extreme" example of how much evasion a bm can get, this is a pretty good example. Those dodge gears are just insane, I doubt that you'll have to worry about patk at this point. Apparently he sacrificed patk for 60% increase in evasion.
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    NinJaXXX - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:pleasedTalking about a unique style to play i dobt ull EVER find any player being more Unique then POOR me hehe as i have gone 2str and 3dex each lv and just enyojing my unique playstyle oooh and need i remind u that i am playing a veno with FIST and BOW (bow) right now is 3 star that i bought and fist and my own 2 star i made lolz and playing on harsland just want 2 we unique from sterotype players not even a sawfly or golem cos they are BOOORing and even less a NIX or herc and i like it anyways just wanted to share to players that love playing unique playstyle that its awesomeb:victory
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    b:pleasedTalking about a unique style to play i dobt ull EVER find any player being more Unique then POOR me hehe as i have gone 2str and 3dex each lv and just enyojing my unique playstyle oooh and need i remind u that i am playing a veno with FIST and BOW (bow) right now is 3 star that i bought and fist and my own 2 star i made lolz and playing on harsland just want 2 we unique from sterotype players not even a sawfly or golem cos they are BOOORing and even less a NIX or herc and i like it anyways just wanted to share to players that love playing unique playstyle that its awesomeb:victory

Good for youb:victory
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    ty Granrey and yep ill keep this build to max lv i dont reset builds that i then dont like its not me i love the building process and seing how it goess more then a numberb:pleased
    edited June 2009
    Pretty sure you can wear TT light armor set. And if you want an "extreme" example of how much evasion a bm can get, this is a pretty good example. Those dodge gears are just insane, I doubt that you'll have to worry about patk at this point. Apparently he sacrificed patk for 60% increase in evasion.

Wow......

I was thinking of a similar build personally....but to sacrifice 2% crit for the dodge was quesionable...and i don't really need the 100% accuracy from the next step up rings....Though i pretty sure his dex will be higher then the 320 it says.

With the genie skill lower accuracy, this build could be golden vs phy builds.
    Now to deal with magic users.....guess that goes to speed, skills, and some modifiers from genies...and of course probablilities...b:victory

Hmmm, life vs dodge....life vs dodge.....

Life would mostly come in effect vs magic users i guess for this guy...which is best... life or dodge...(plz no axe users respond....we know what u will go...)b:thanksb :chuckle

(still contiplating removing that 5hp and put it into dex..lol)
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    With Genies, this build with LA could be good against magic users too.

With the speed buff that makes you immune to movement debuffs + 5 sec magic reflect from Genie, even when both run out you can still take a few more magic hits than a HA, so you can just charge in toward the magic user. When you get up close, they should be as good as dead.

Even though every strategy can be encountered, but it seems like the Dex BMs are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel b:victory
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    With Genies, this build with LA could be good against magic users too.

With the speed buff that makes you immune to movement debuffs + 5 sec magic reflect from Genie, even when both run out you can still take a few more magic hits than a HA, so you can just charge in toward the magic user. When you get up close, they should be as good as dead.

Even though every strategy can be encountered, but it seems like the Dex BMs are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel b:victory

You can't really rely on the reflect.
    edited June 2009
    I agree, it will pretty much reflect 1...maybe 2 if lucky spells back at them given that short time span. I was disappointed by that Genie Skill personally...Now if it reflected 5X the magic damage back at them then...that skill would be fantastic
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    lol i have my own bramble hood and i am also wanting eve rings to have more eve with a magic pet lol hehe a speed genie skill bramble 60% and pet apoth to give myself a fire attack on physical hmmm maybe lighting or fire crith crith crith my way and dodge and reflect my way to the kill in speedb:cute wish me luck guys in this buildb:cute
  • Grammaton - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Hello again,

I have little of new experience which I would like to share. :)

First little suggestion: I wouldnt fill sockets with evasion shards instead of health. Its better to use blinding sand genie skill which reduces accuracy -70%. It can be repeated for the whole duration of the fight with bm/barb/archer. If youre not standing on ground, just run away. They wont be able to kill you when youre running. Health shards are crucial for fighting with magic users, especially when they also wear light armor.

It seems clearer now that you wont be able to kill bm/barb in real PvP - so wont be they. Duel is different. Ive been fighting with all classes on my level or slightly higher levels (max +5) and it was very dissapointing experience for all of them. :)
    With Blinding sands its nothing more than "Missing symphony" for them. If you have spare energy in your genie, Qi manipulation will suck their mana very fast. I usually end duel with full health. :)

Watch out for clerics/wizards wearing light armor using teleportation. Very dangerous they are. Employ your bow with double spark in the right time. Dont forget they have higher range than 20 m. I was beaten many times.

With double sparks youre also able to kill venos pet (tried on crystaline warior tank pet) - they cannot heal that fast. :)

Calculations: shards in your weapon and speed modifications on equipment/weapon speak for fist fighters, even considering the peaks. Its balanced but fists are the best in the end.

Thats after 15-20 levels from the build I had when Id created this topic.

Dyrmagnos/Grammaton/Shirokko, faction Grammaton
This discussion has been closed.