Barb Just got a lot more OP

Options
Torinchibi - Lost City
Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
.....Let's forget about the genies for a moment cuz I know ppl think I will be talking about that, I will not (even though we all know barbs got a lot of very useful skills that work well with perdition). Barbs have aquired an amazing array of improvements with this new patch. It's improvements on old skills such as:
Mighty swing never misses
Beastial rage now adds 2k absorb if used under 50% hp.
Alacrity of the beast now immobilizes targets for 3 secs
True form seems to have gotten a speed increase...

So my question is... WHERE THE **** IS MY WING BLESSING THAT WORKS WITH ALL CS WINGS?! I need to GTFO away from barbs isntead of ignoring them now, so let's get on that.
Post edited by Torinchibi - Lost City on

Comments

• Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1. Trueform lvl 3 is still same speed... (Are you talking the Demon/Sage stuff?)

2.Take a mighty swing dealing base physical damage plus 1271.8 to a single enemy with a 50% chance to stun for 4 seconds. (Only a 50% chance) it's 60% if Demon... As far as doesn't miss I've missed with it before haven't tested it since patch but nothing says it's 100% accurate either. (not often but I've got 2 Immaculate Amber shards in my Calamities, still need a misty forest ring).

3. How often are we below 50% (and it's only a 2k magic damage).

4. Alacrity of Beast only has a 50% chance to immobilize 3 sec. (this helps when we miss the channeling of the mob)

All I've got to say is these were great Ideas thanks Devs.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1. Trueform lvl 3 is still same speed... (Are you talking the Demon/Sage stuff?)

2.Take a mighty swing dealing base physical damage plus 1271.8 to a single enemy with a 50% chance to stun for 4 seconds. (Only a 50% chance) it's 60% if Demon... As far as doesn't miss I've missed with it before haven't tested it since patch but nothing says it's 100% accurate either. (not often but I've got 2 Immaculate Amber shards in my Calamities, still need a misty forest ring).

3. How often are we below 50% (and it's only a 2k magic damage).

4. Alacrity of Beast only has a 50% chance to stun 3 sec. (this helps when we miss the channeling of the mob)

All I've got to say is these were great Ideas thanks Devs.

1) 80% with hell trueform. Nothing too bad really
    2) It doesn't miss anymore, bb evasion.
    3) You have to get lucky to kill a barb in 10 seconds and now you resist another 2000 damage.
    4) The only reason barbs weren't crazy op is because they can't stun lock so if they don't zerk/crit you can usually kite fine. Now you get another chance to stun, although it is in tiger form it's still a very nice advantage.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ....I don't think you understand what I wanted to convey here...Barbs get improved skills from this update, everyone else gets no improvements in their skills. Why is that? Why can't the other classes have improvement on skills instead of **** like... aim low now tells you it's 90% chance instead of making you think it's 100%?

Why isn't my flying mastery op and letting me fly at 5.0 speed all the time if the barbs get all this good **** on their skills? What's up with no news whatsoever on this tweaking on a class that already could tank AND do a lot of dmg.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The alclarity doesn't 'stun'. It says 50% chance to stun in the skill description but its actually a freeze and lasts for 3 sec only. Targets still can attack/stun/sleep. True, it might be a problem for kiter classes, but really a how much damage can a barb dish out in 3 seconds?

The beastial rage bonus doesnt seem to apply to physical or ranged attacks, just magical ones, and really just 2k damage or 10sec. Hmph, if you can get me to under 50% HP, I bet you can dish out way more than a mere 2k damage. And against magic I'm a goner anyways. This just delays the inevitable for a bit.........b:chuckle......die wizzies die b:bye

I dont see where it says never misses for mighty swing....it says "100 10t rate" on mine. b:puzzled

The only really nice one is the 4 sec attack level reduction with devour. Might give me a reason to use that skill again. b:victory
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • screamoman
    screamoman Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Unless your a arcane user..

You shouldn't worry about Barbs.

They'll still miss you tons if they are a tank build. Especially with your a archer.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ....You don't seem to udnerstand the whole "1 class gets more usefull **** from their old skills and other classes get nothing" statement.
    1. You are bad, 2k reduction buys you enough time to tick a heiro if the mage can't use another skill fast enough, either way, it's making the skill better.
    2. A barb with the right genie skill can now do massive amounts of perdition dmg, those 3 secs are good enough to buy the time for perdition.
    3. Go test your mighty swing, barbs are saying they never miss it's not me making it up. THat means your 10% chance to stun an archer just turned to 50% because you can no longer fail the stun by missing.

Back to what I said 3 times now, barbs got their skills tweaked to make them better when no other class got that. The class was already op...unless you kite, and you can now immobilize ppl with gennies, so that problem was fixed. They definitely didn't need the additions and there was no mention of any of that in the patch notes.

BTW my guildmates are going around doing 10k perditions on ppl with just a zerk or a crit, not even zerk crit......people 10 lvls higher than them.
  • screamoman
    screamoman Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ....You don't seem to udnerstand the whole "1 class gets more usefull **** from their old skills and other classes get nothing" statement.
    1. You are bad, 2k reduction buys you enough time to tick a heiro if the mage can't use another skill fast enough, either way, it's making the skill better.
    2. A barb with the right genie skill can now do massive amounts of perdition dmg, those 3 secs are good enough to buy the time for perdition.
    3. Go test your mighty swing, barbs are saying they never miss it's not me making it up. THat means your 10% chance to stun an archer just turned to 50% because you can no longer fail the stun by missing.

Back to what I said 3 times now, barbs got their skills tweaked to make them better when no other class got that. The class was already op...unless you kite, and you can now immobilize ppl with gennies, so that problem was fixed. They definitely didn't need the additions and there was no mention of any of that in the patch notes.

BTW my guildmates are going around doing 10k perditions on ppl with just a zerk or a crit, not even zerk crit......people 10 lvls higher than them.

b:shockedtime to +8 my calamities before i get my 90 ones so this wont happen to me b:sad
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    screamoman wrote: »
    b:shockedtime to +8 my calamities before i get my 90 ones so this wont happen to me b:sad

I can't even say anything to make you look stupid right now...you just said refining weapon does something to perdition dmg, I think that shows how amazing of a barb you are...you'll prob go around double spark perditioning ppl next.
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ive never played a barbarian but doesnt perdition drain your hp to supply its damage base? so the strength of your weapon would make no difference?
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Precisely....people that never even had a barb know that....lolz
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wtf?
    where's wizard's solution to incr mdef mobs? are we still just bypassing them til the whole field is full of them?
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I need to GTFO away from barbs isntead of ignoring them now, so let's get on that.

Coloring area where I think you answer your own question as to why barbs got what they did.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The untamed race are supposed to be stronger than the other classes. b:laugh

Think about it, who would you expect to win in a fight? A huge werewolf or a 100 pound feminine looking elf?

The untamed classes revolve around raw power. Thats why nix will never be changed and barbs got these enhancments. >:D
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The untamed race are supposed to be stronger than the other classes. b:laugh

Think about it, who would you expect to win in a fight? A huge werewolf or a 100 pound feminine looking elf?

The untamed classes revolve around raw power. Thats why nix will never be changed and barbs got these enhancments. >:D

*gasp* She said the 'N' word... <.<;; b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • mbrunestud
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Coloring area where I think you answer your own question as to why barbs got what they did.

the only reason you'd ignore a barb in a group fight is b/c there are more important and easier targets to take out. barbs have high hp, relatively low accuracy, so it's only logical to ignore the barb first. it's up to the tank to make sure he doesnt get ignored by outputting so much raw damage that the opponents have to take them out, and that means investing in accuracy, equipment with high damage, etc. to make up for this by flat out improving barbs is stupid. thats like giving clerics tanking skills because people target them first in a fight

in all other instances people dont even try to take on high level barbs solo because it's stupidly hard enough already
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    the only reason you'd ignore a barb in a group fight is b/c there are more important and easier targets to take out. barbs have high hp, relatively low accuracy, so it's only logical to ignore the barb first. it's up to the tank to make sure he doesnt get ignored by outputting so much raw damage that the opponents have to take them out, and that means investing in accuracy, equipment with high damage, etc. to make up for this by flat out improving barbs is stupid. thats like giving clerics tanking skills because people target them first in a fight

in all other instances people dont even try to take on high level barbs solo because it's stupidly hard enough already

unless other classes get a random boost in some part of their weakness stfub:bye
  • Gogg - Heavens Tear
    Gogg - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Relax folks, I'm sure they will update the other classes.
    Besides this will really help us team players on Carebear servers b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Barbs needed improvements, for what reason should they be left in the dust? just because something is better then i was doesnt mean its overpowerd.

Im all for barbs getting any improvements, its hard enough to find interest to play them.

but until i get a barb with green fur theres work to be done! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Gogg - Heavens Tear
    Gogg - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You said it Revolte, not enough of us on HT..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is sooo funny! Someone crying that they cannot simply lolkill another class.

Welcome to the world of class adjustment. Fasten you seat belts, the ride might get a little bumpy along the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    edited May 2009
    Options
    unless other classes get a random boost in some part of their weakness stfub:bye

thats the whole damn point you scrub, you stfu
    This is sooo funny! Someone crying that they cannot simply lolkill another class.

Welcome to the world of class adjustment. Fasten you seat belts, the ride might get a little bumpy along the way.

i didnt recall being able to lolkill barbs in the first place
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LOL. UNTAMED PRIDE IN UR FACE ARCHER!

First yall cry about venos,

now barbs?

These guys are easy as hell to kill for us arcane users, and now that they finally have a bit of a boost, you whine? Omg jealous little freak!

No matter what happens, theres always jealous people, you archers have it so easy for killing arcane users, why not have a little heavy class action to kick your butt? Barbs were practically useless outside tanking/catapulling prior, why dont they deserve a little PVP help?

UNTAMED POWR IN UR FACE MAN.
    BARB, PHOENIX, OHYA D:<!
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    furry Ppls Ftw!!!
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's now official..

Untamed (Venos and Barbs) > Weak Humans (Wizzies and those cute Blademasters) and Fluffy Winged Elf (Those heal slave Clerics and sucidal 5 Vit Clerics, and those archers with toy bow and arrows)
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's now official..

Untamed (Venos and Barbs) > Weak Humans (Wizzies and those cute Blademasters) and Fluffy Winged Elf (Those heal slave Clerics and sucidal 5 Vit Clerics, and those archers with toy bow and arrows)

So, lemme get this straight...

Chuck Norris > Venos > Barbs > Archers/Blademasters/Clerics > Popo > Kami > Popo's Stool > The Worms Inside of the Dirt > The Dirt > Wizards...?

b:surrender b:cry

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Chuck Norris > Venos > Barbs > Archers/Blademasters/Clerics > Popo > Kami > Popo's Stool > The Worms Inside of the Dirt > The Dirt > Wizards...?

lols got me giggling after reading that

besides, compared to other games, this game sucks for pvp...cos it just does b:chuckle
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

ok That's fine so barbs are not a priorty dispite the fact they seem to own you? How do you get around such a godly person in PvP or TW? DO you stay there and take it like a man (beast?) or...maybe you run/fly away cause barbs are heavy close range?

I bet you stand there and tank a barb don't ya?

Barbs still have accuracy issues and can't hit you repeatedly. They have one no miss attack now that has a decent cooldown rate so you can't spam, they have an interrupt that is used against casters and stops them from running for a moment. They also might (can't confirm) have the ability to run down a kiting opponent instead of following around a kiting opponent like a lost puppy. Bestial Rage change gives us one last attempt at survival which what a barb tries to do, survive (which is only activated IF you do it at under 50%).

I'm sorry if this actually makes us a threat now in PvP or TW but it helps alot of LOW LEVEL barbs with trying to attack kiters/ranged mobs in PvE and duels.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

you forgot bruce lee, he goes above them all. most people seem to forget he KILLED chuck norris in way of the dragon
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Whats this? flesh realm doesn't miss too? Someone confirm because right now I am tanking fataliqua: substancia and none of them have missed.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thats the whole damn point you scrub, you stfu

barb so do not need a random boost if anything give it any other class except venos :P, high hp,zerk,acc is no prob 90+, high pdef etc..

stfu get 30k hp at lvl 100 than say wbs r still in need of "power"b:bye