Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barbs are useless outisde tanking prior to this you tard
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barb so do not need a random boost if anything give it any other class except venos :P, high hp,zerk,acc is no prob 90+, high pdef etc..

stfu get 30k hp at lvl 100 than say wbs r still in need of "power"b:bye

I don't see these as random at all. If you play a barb you'd be able to see all but maybe two adjustments were made to combat ranged/kiters to which we are crippled against and takes NO skills (buy a ranged weapon). Of the two left one is something that works directly into the current theme of a barb of taking large ammounts of damage.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barb so do not need a random boost if anything give it any other class except venos :P, high hp,zerk,acc is no prob 90+, high pdef etc..

stfu get 30k hp at lvl 100 than say wbs r still in need of "power"b:bye

you didnt even understand my post. go read it again and point out where i said, no, where you think i said that barbs needed a boost. you stfu
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ummm Barbs could perdition you from 70% health and kill you while being virtually unable to die 1v1 unless there was huge difference in gear ...or skill (lol newbies). DestroyTokyo has killed Haiz without a heiro....and he's not even 90, haiz is like 100. They have the fastest spamming skill while at the same time the most hp, the best p.def debuff and at 89, they can fight with constant dmg reduction and now a spammable seal skill that stops you from running. On top of that they now get another 2k hp if they start dying and can use that skil every 30 sec. They now run as fast as venos in fox form and their human form 4 second stun never misses. Did I mention they also swim faster than anyone else, have zerk and when they get onslaught they get +35% crit rate without even needing any dex. They out-crit archers end game, while having 20% chance to zerk and do double dmg on top of crits. They also get hurt the least by nixes, while able to 1 shot foxes regularly. The barbs in my guild are calling themselves op with the genies and the new updates, so I don't see why other sensible barbs would disagree.....considering I am in a PvP guild...on a PvP server....

Currently DT does 4-5k perditions (no zerk, no crit) on foxes 10 lvls higher and he's not even 90...or a vit build.

Yes, this is a bunch of QQ.... but it's the forms of clear facts.

They were already short range DDs that couldn't die, now they just **** in every aspect like venos. The game is pretty obviously stacked in favor of the untamed race.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's just like veno debate. People call venos OP (although its more of phoenix OP) and there are the venos who will agree that they are OP. The others deny it.

Same situation here. The few sensible will realize they have a lot more power now and agree, the rest deny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the problem with the barbs is that all of that was intended, while nix flesh ream is a bug.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ummm Barbs could perdition you from 70% health and kill you while being virtually unable to die 1v1 unless there was huge difference in gear ...or skill (lol newbies). DestroyTokyo has killed Haiz without a heiro....and he's not even 90, haiz is like 100. They have the fastest spamming skill while at the same time the most hp, the best p.def debuff and at 89, they can fight with constant dmg reduction and now a spammable seal skill that stops you from running. On top of that they now get another 2k hp if they start dying and can use that skil every 30 sec. They now run as fast as venos in fox form and their human form 4 second stun never misses. Did I mention they also swim faster than anyone else, have zerk and when they get onslaught they get +35% crit rate without even needing any dex. They out-crit archers end game, while having 20% chance to zerk and do double dmg on top of crits. They also get hurt the least by nixes, while able to 1 shot foxes regularly. The barbs in my guild are calling themselves op with the genies and the new updates, so I don't see why other sensible barbs would disagree.....considering I am in a PvP guild...on a PvP server....

Currently DT does 4-5k perditions (no zerk, no crit) on foxes 10 lvls higher and he's not even 90...or a vit build.

They were already short range DDs that couldn't die, now they just **** in every aspect like venos. The game is pretty obviously stacked in favor of the untamed race.

O.o

Ok barbs seem to be a lot scarier than I though. My only impression of a barb in pvp as a bm is that we can spam skills at each other for 5 mins and neither of us can kill one another. Who would have thought they'd be such a threat to robes.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well, anything that helps barbs to be better, I go with it.

I have so many issues finding barbs to tanks bosses. Barbs are becoming rare and having a barb friend is a comodity.
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm loving this.

First the venos that just send a nix and summer sprint into the sunset while u die chasing them, get what they deserve.

Now the archers that just stand there laughing while a barb hammers away with a miss miss miss miss miss miss hit miss miss miss miss miss miss getting what u all deserve too.

Don't cry. We are laughing at you, just like you have been laughing at us for the past year or so.

Now u will feel what it's like.

Thank you PWI for the justice. Thank you.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's just like veno debate. People call venos OP (although its more of phoenix OP) and there are the venos who will agree that they are OP. The others deny it.

Same situation here. The few sensible will realize they have a lot more power now and agree, the rest deny.

Sorry, but no, when the title says "more OP", it isn't saying "more powerful", it's saying more Over Powered when they weren't over powered to begin with, and still are not over powered.

What is happening now is called "power creep", and as the classes all get some of their skills buffed it will get worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    IMO, when a Barbarian can one shot perdition a lot of people (and even double their health); that's not just more OP.

Regardless of whatever hidden meaning or connotation, there are still people denying that they are more OP. As far as I know, aren't melee attacks supposed to be able to miss?

Overall...

Barbarian's comments:
    Highest Physical Defense
    Low Damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Now imagine they made Perd 100% hit? oh em gee
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    People deny anything and everything.
    They'd deny they're human without a single thread of regret for denying it.
    This is a losing war.
    I'd agree that the genies definitely makes the barbs a lot stronger with a much higher damage, going against their principles, but what difference would it make...

Developers aren't changing anything, not confirming anything, and we're definitely receiving close to no feedback from our oh so "loyal" GMs/PWI representatives...
    and seeing the mixed reactions to the topic, if I was in their positions I'd probably choose not to reply either.

Let those who prefer to deny their own left foot continue to deny further.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ....I don't think you understand what I wanted to convey here...Barbs get improved skills from this update, everyone else gets no improvements in their skills. Why is that? Why can't the other classes have improvement on skills instead of **** like... aim low now tells you it's 90% chance instead of making you think it's 100%?

Why isn't my flying mastery op and letting me fly at 5.0 speed all the time if the barbs get all this good **** on their skills? What's up with no news whatsoever on this tweaking on a class that already could tank AND do a lot of dmg.

wait wait !!!!! i know :O i think u should become barb because then u have soooooooo much advatage that u must pwn all mwa barb already misses a huge side beeing a tank i think dont u ??? we only have a few skills ... man rolf hehe u make me laugh
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    wait wait !!!!! i know :O i think u should become barb because then u have soooooooo much advatage that u must pwn all mwa barb already misses a huge side beeing a tank i think dont u ??? we only have a few skills ... man rolf hehe u make me laugh

Oh! That argument again!
    Isn't it lovely?! Everytime this argument about "If you think this class is op, make one!" pops up... I think everyone's IQ drops a bit.
    Please take such pointless completely non-constructive arguments out, and throw yourself out too! Thank you!

Cause we know that if the next day you found out that another class was suddenly overpowered that YOU'D throw your level 90 barb away, and make a whole new class and level from level 1 to 90 again just because you think its overpowered!

Lame.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Oh! That argument again!
    Isn't it lovely?! Everytime this argument about "If you think this class is op, make one!" pops up... I think everyone's IQ drops a bit.
    Please take such pointless completely non-constructive arguments out, and throw yourself out too! Thank you!

Cause we know that if the next day you found out that another class was suddenly overpowered that YOU'D throw your level 90 barb away, and make a whole new class and level from level 1 to 90 again just because you think its overpowered!

Lame.

Have you even played a barbarian yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    DestroyTokyo has killed Haiz without a heiro....and he's not even 90, haiz is like 100.

Somehow, I just feel constantly saying DT did this and DT did that isn't saying much... Tokyo IMO is probably one of the best Barbarian PVPers on the face of LC. That's like saying Veno's can kill everyone with a Bee because Cancer can do it.

Not only that, Perdition leaves us massively open to death. If it fails the first time around, we don't get a second chance. It's a skill that will hit for a lot ONLY IF every condition is right - that we have 2 sparks whilst at an ample amount of HP and you're actually close up to us.

And to add further on top of that, it's quite expensive to use...b:surrender But you wouldn't understand, seeing that you never bought yourself a hiero.
    They have the fastest spamming skill while at the same time the most hp, the best p.def debuff and at 89, they can fight with constant dmg reduction and now a spammable seal skill that stops you from running. On top of that they now get another 2k hp if they start dying and can use that skil every 30 sec. They now run as fast as venos in fox form and their human form 4 second stun never misses. Did I mention they also swim faster than anyone else, have zerk and when they get onslaught they get +35% crit rate without even needing any dex. They out-crit archers end game, while having 20% chance to zerk and do double dmg on top of crits. They also get hurt the least by nixes, while able to 1 shot foxes regularly. The barbs in my guild are calling themselves op with the genies and the new updates, so I don't see why other sensible barbs would disagree.....considering I am in a PvP guild...on a PvP server....

Barbarians were practically MADE to not get 1 v 1 killed. Calling them tanks would be a joke otherwise.

Likewise, barbarians can't kill anything 1 v 1 unless the player they're fighting is in idiot. DD classes will die to them thinking they can play tanker and DD at the same time.

It's all very simple, just don't get into our range, and there isn't anything we can do to you. Is it really that hard to figure out?
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LOL. UNTAMED PRIDE IN UR FACE ARCHER!

First yall cry about venos,

now barbs?

These guys are easy as hell to kill for us arcane users, and now that they finally have a bit of a boost, you whine? Omg jealous little freak!

No matter what happens, theres always jealous people, you archers have it so easy for killing arcane users, why not have a little heavy class action to kick your butt? Barbs were practically useless outside tanking/catapulling prior, why dont they deserve a little PVP help?

UNTAMED POWR IN UR FACE MAN.
    BARB, PHOENIX, OHYA D:<!

UNTAMED BE UP IN YOUR PWI, PKING YOU TO DOOM >:0 Flaming Chickens and Tigers, what now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
    edited May 2009
    Oh! That argument again!

Lame.
    half the people who talk **** about classes ABUSING the word overpowered have A: never played one, and B: use the word overpowered out of context.

go play one and then tell us, how does it defy logic? people make opinionated response, with no fact whatsoever. they hear something, or make something up and take it as factual evidence. please, duck tape your mouth shut.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I still don't get how the 3 sec freeze is such a big deal. Firstly its not guaranteed (50% chance). Secondly it cant be spammed (8 second cooldown, 7 if you're a demon). Its not like we can freeze 6 arcanes in a circle. Thirdly its a melee ranged skill. If you are a ranged class, you have no business being within melee range and if you still are you deserve to get killed.
    Same arguments for the mighty swing skill. BMs will still stun the hell out of everyone much better than a barb ever can. And I still don't believe its a never miss skill. I'm almost always in tiger form so haven't done enough testing yet.

The devour's attack reduction is nice, but its only for four seconds and really again it being a melee skill is only really useful against other heavy classes. I'm gonna be messing more confidently with BMs now.

I'll agree perdition has been made stronger by the introduction of the genies (particularly by the skill that increases the max hp) but again it often missses anyways and its a 12m range. Still though losing 50% of my HP is a massive cost for the chance that I might kill that one arcane or LA that I froze with alclarity or stunned with swing.

Surprised people aren't complaining as much about the magic reflect skill that the genies have. I was expecting more QQ about that one, seeing as now we have some added defense there. Its much more useful than the 2k mag damage shield we get from beastial rage if we are already below 50%HP.

I agree the add ons have made barbs stronger, but really they have only made us an active PvP class rather than the punching bag we more or less used to be.

And I think skill mods for other classes would also be in the works. Its an expansion after all. Give it time.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you barbs are most OP class in the game, and it seems you guys still arent satisfied. lets QQ to gms for class improvementb:cry
    edited May 2009
    peolpe will just find something to complain about no matter wtf goes on, i for one vote this forum as a breeding ground for imbecility :P

i mean oh my ****ing god, first its a phoenix and OMG VENO IZ OP.
    and now barbs? idiots :|
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i believe magic reflect currently doesn't work, doesn't work correctly, or something like that.
    Reflective Aura
    Current: Reflects all damage from other players back at the caster for 4 seconds
    Actual: No effect.
    We are looking into getting a fix or clarification.

maybe we needn't react so soon, wait and see if more updates for other classes are in order.

TEAR you're lvl 85 b:cry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thirdly its a melee ranged skill. If you are a ranged class, you have no business being within melee range and if you still are you deserve to get killed.

You try killing something with 10k hp within 10 seconds before they get into melee range. It's nearly impossible unless u get some lucky crits.
    Same arguments for the mighty swing skill. BMs will still stun the hell out of everyone much better than a barb ever can. And I still don't believe its a never miss skill. I'm almost always in tiger form so haven't done enough testing yet.

Perhaps you should test it first before commenting then.
    I'll agree perdition has been made stronger by the introduction of the genies (particularly by the skill that increases the max hp) but again it often missses anyways and its a 12m range. Still though losing 50% of my HP is a massive cost for the chance that I might kill that one arcane or LA that I froze with alclarity or stunned with swing.

And everytime u kill a wizzy they lose 10k mp and 3-4k hp, but thats just the cost of pvping. It's like saying nix's bleed isnt overpowered cause u need to feed the pet.
    Surprised people aren't complaining as much about the magic reflect skill that the genies have. I was expecting more QQ about that one, seeing as now we have some added defense there. Its much more useful than the 2k mag damage shield we get from beastial rage if we are already below 50%HP.

Doesnt work in world pvp. Works in duels, and apparently TW (based off veno spell or something, go go lazy coding.)
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited May 2009

- Getting your hands on hell/heaven Onslaught book is very very hard. I don't think anyone in all 5 servers have that book yet.
    - Mighty Swing still has 50% chance to fail on stunning remember that. It is not auto stun without missing.
    - You have to be a really really bad archer if you get out critted by a barbarian.
    - Phoenix has never been the hard part on the venomancer for a barbarian (heavy class), it is the venomancers MAGIC nukes, debuff, amp, stun (+phoenix stun). Sure we 1 shot foxes if we get lucky as we 1 shot 90+ HP Clerics b:shutup
    - Being level 100 without any HH99/CV equip is almost as same as being 90+.
    - Beastial Rage only absorbs 2000 MAGIC damage, not physical.
    - Alacrity of the Beast... how is 12.5 seconds cooldown classified as "spammable"?
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You try killing something with 10k hp within 10 seconds before they get into melee range. It's nearly impossible unless u get some lucky crits.
    Lol, I wish I could kill something with 2k HP within 10sec b:laugh. I didn't mean to say ranged attacks should kill me while before I get to you, I meant keep on kiting so I don't get to you.
    Perhaps you should test it first before commenting then.
    I've only been able to play for like 3 hours since the update (bloody work gets in the way b:angry) so I will be testing that out in depth. Also now I hear a rumor that flesh ream is also a never miss skill so thats one more to dismiss.
    I guess I'm gonna keep hearing every barb skill's imaginary OP version soon b:chuckle.
    And everytime u kill a wizzy they lose 10k mp and 3-4k hp, but thats just the cost of pvping. It's like saying nix's bleed isnt overpowered cause u need to feed the pet.
    I didn't mean cost as in heiro cost. I meant cost as in survivability. After perdition I'm wide open to being killed. I could've killed that one mage just as conveniently with something else and that wouldn't have left me so vulnerable (half hp + no chi). Perditions real ace is the (probable) ability to kill multiple arcanes. Using it to kill just one is silly.

Doesnt work in world pvp. Works in duels, and apparently TW (based off veno spell or something, go go lazy coding.)
    Thanks. Thats nice to know. Might not be worth investing in that then. Btw, does it work in cube? b:thanks
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    what is this are we all just cautiously sidestepping the "barb kicks every other class endgame" comments that people seem to like to throw around on other parts of the forum? how do you even answer to that?

archers were never a threat to high level barbs, what are we hard to catch now? we have 2 skills that allow us to run fast, both costs a spark, and one of them dont even put the archer's move speed over tigerform barb's. archers can stun, paralyze, whatever, but that fight isnt going anywhere except for maybe some hiero ticks

i mean it's great if you feel good that your class got buffed, but dont even pretend barbs needed it to deal with the o so scary archer
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barbs needed improvements, for what reason should they be left in the dust? just because something is better then i was doesnt mean its overpowerd.

Im all for barbs getting any improvements, its hard enough to find interest to play them.

but until i get a barb with green fur theres work to be done! lol

YYESSSS !!!b:laugh think its cool spamming 1 on boss whole time u always tank cant do **** ? mmm nah so lets us have some imp in pk 89+ mage cleric all becomes all of sudden wayyyyy stronger ah i like improvements gives us a bit more fair chanse i cant hit u from 25 meters lol so if u dont like it just runnn forest XD
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Haven't really checked out the genie skills much yet. But the combo Tree of protection + perdition sounds kinda OP. The 60% extra hp is not just a nice little dmg add-boost when u use perda. It seems more like a lvl 80 barb suddenly gets 20k hp and can 1 shoot me b:shocked
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    half the people who talk **** about classes ABUSING the word overpowered have A: never played one, and B: use the word overpowered out of context.

go play one and then tell us, how does it defy logic? people make opinionated response, with no fact whatsoever. they hear something, or make something up and take it as factual evidence. please, duck tape your mouth shut.

Defy logic?
    What defies logic is people who tell other people to play a class because they think its overpowered. Such arguments do not contribute to an argument whatsoever.

Let's put it this way for simpler words so you would understand:
    Person a says another class is overpowered because of several reasons, whatever reasons at this point is irrelevant.
    Player b thinks with his ****, and says "Make that class then if its overpowered! Now stfu!"

Player a makes some constructive arguments.
    Player b talks with his ****.

What do you think?