Barb Just got a lot more OP

Options

Comments

• HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Haven't really checked out the genie skills much yet. But the combo Tree of protection + perdition sounds kinda OP. The 60% extra hp is not just a nice little dmg add-boost when u use perda. It seems more like a lvl 80 barb suddenly gets 20k hp and can 1 shoot me b:shocked

awsome huh and can even make way stronger then that b:laughb:laugh

ohh btw ty for making this topic i didnt think about it even at first lmao hehe ty for the eye opener
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Beastial Rage only absorbs 2000 MAGIC damage, not physical.

Why would a barb be extremely worried about physical attacks?

And I have a barb that I'm raising for tanking things Herc can't. I love how Mighty Swing can't miss (if the skill missed before, that stun could just be thrown out the window). I was considering just rushing to a high level just to go Perditioning people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Why would a barb be extremely worried about physical attacks?

Robe barbs.
    They are definitely THE most powerful barbarians there are. b:victory
    Smart lookin beasts they are.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Defy logic?
    What defies logic is people who tell other people to play a class because they think its overpowered. Such arguments do not contribute to an argument whatsoever.

Let's put it this way for simpler words so you would understand:
    Person a says another class is overpowered because of several reasons, whatever reasons at this point is irrelevant.
    Player b thinks with his ****, and says "Make that class then if its overpowered! Now stfu!"

Player a makes some constructive arguments.
    Player b talks with his ****.

What do you think?
    no, the logic is, go make one for yourself, and get some experience behind the class and see for yourself your jaded claims based off assumption arent true whatsoever.

its like if someone who has played a bm for 9 months of PW, and comes up to you, and says VENOMANCERS ARE OVERPOWERED,

reason:
    pet
    phoenix
    flesh ream

you'd tell him:
    1. my nuking > pet dmg
    2. phoenix isnt glitched, it just has really high attack
    3. this -is- the glitch, i dont need it to win in PVP

hed probably come up with more bogus claims, yet hes never played the class at all, so how can he know ****?

have you played a barb? i doubt it
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    no, the logic is, go make one for yourself, and get some experience behind the class and see for yourself your jaded claims based off assumption arent true whatsoever.

its like if someone who has played a bm for 9 months of PW, and comes up to you, and says VENOMANCERS ARE OVERPOWERED,

reason:
    pet
    phoenix
    flesh ream

you'd tell him:
    1. my nuking > pet dmg
    2. phoenix isnt glitched, it just has really high attack
    3. this -is- the glitch, i dont need it to win in PVP

hed probably come up with more bogus claims, yet hes never played the class at all, so how can he know ****?

have you played a barb? i doubt it

Wait wait wait... so...
    20k hp.. perdition.. isn't overpowered?
    Hmm, of course not.
    Sometimes, numbers in plain sight goes a long way.
    The only thing perdition probably won't hit is an archer.

Do you know what Tree of Protection does?

Have you been hit by one?
    Have you even been pked by a barb before?
    How many times have you even went white?

I know you're tryin to tell me that I should try out a barb before I make any claims, which is true, I'll agree with that.
    But I think its absolutely ridiculous to pull a "If you think ____ class is overpowered, go make one" statement out in a class debate.
    The way he phrased it sounds like he's saying "Okay, so if you think its so powerful, why don't you make one then?"... rather lame statement to add to a discussion.

To listen to what you're saying, per say... how about rephrasing it as "You should try the class out then if you think it is overpowered."?

Generic wise I meant. Not specific to this topic.
    Leave your torch at the door before you walk in.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I tried to write a defense to all this after reading the overnight threads. Then one thing came to mind.

**** it. Noone cares to understand they just wanna QQ and get a bailout.

Hey barbs...ready to be the new Nixes?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Have you been hit by one?
    Have you even been pked by a barb before?
    How many times have you even went white?

i LIVE in white name, and i kill demon and sage barbs easily before they can touch me, even with a kowlin in SP, all it takes is kiting their sad arses. (i put a level 5 slow on my kowlin just to **** people off xD)
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i LIVE in white name, and i kill demon and sage barbs easily before they can touch me, even with a kowlin in SP, all it takes is kiting their sad arses. (i put a level 5 slow on my kowlin just to **** people off xD)

This must be done on barbs w/o charms right?
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Armageddon does not make a Barbarian OP.

1. It's a double spark move
    2. It takes away half of the barb's health.
    3. It will tick their heiro.
    4. It's meant to hurt things a lot.

At level 80 if a barb can get up to 10k health unbuffed, without ToP (Tree of Protection) and Beast King's Inspiration, they will have 13k health (20k w. ToP), and the most they will do before the opposing players DR is accounted for is 7500 damage (11400 w. ToP), and that is if the imaginary barb is at full health.

Something to remember people is that ToP has a duration of 5 seconds (+1 s/40 Dex the genie has) meaning the Barb must pop it before they Armageddon, and it has to tick at least once for the barb to get the full effect for Armageddon since it halves the amount of health they actually have left that means if they use Armageddon when it only ticks once, they won't be at ~18k health.

Information for ToP taken from here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2638122&postcount=8

IMHO, Barbarians are neither "more" OP, or OP. If you have a problem with Armageddon doing so much damage with a 5 second buff, then go complain about Tree of Protection. It's like complaining about a Phoenix when the problem is Flesh Ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    - Getting your hands on hell/heaven Onslaught book is very very hard. I don't think anyone in all 5 servers have that book yet.
    - Mighty Swing still has 50% chance to fail on stunning remember that. It is not auto stun without missing.
    - You have to be a really really bad archer if you get out critted by a barbarian.
    - Phoenix has never been the hard part on the venomancer for a barbarian (heavy class), it is the venomancers MAGIC nukes, debuff, amp, stun (+phoenix stun). Sure we 1 shot foxes if we get lucky as we 1 shot 90+ HP Clerics b:shutup
    - Being level 100 without any HH99/CV equip is almost as same as being 90+.
    - Beastial Rage only absorbs 2000 MAGIC damage, not physical.
    - Alacrity of the Beast... how is 12.5 seconds cooldown classified as "spammable"?

..I don't even have to say anything after you showed us how little you know about your own skills...is your alacrity lvl 1?

Who said anything about not having gear...or not having it for that matter?

Stun shot is as hard to get as onslaught, and ppl already have that skill, it gives 10% crit, wb get 35% from theirs, making both archer and wb crit rate 40%....when WB don't have to stack dex and be squishy and they get berserk for more dmg. It's a fair comparison.

Who the **** hits wbs with phy dmg? it would prob take longer to do 4 phy skills than do 2 magic skills and take off the shield with the first one. Seriously now....

You 1 shot foxes regularly now..if you know what you're doing. If you don't, you think alacrity has 12.5 sec cooldown.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    alacrity has an 8s cool down idiot barb -.- why on freakin earth would you leave it at level 1?
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ..I don't even have to say anything after you showed us how little you know about your own skills...is your alacrity lvl 1?

Who said anything about not having gear...or not having it for that matter?

Stun shot is as hard to get as onslaught, and ppl already have that skill, it gives 10% crit, wb get 35% from theirs, making both archer and wb crit rate 40%....when WB don't have to stack dex and be squishy and they get berserk for more dmg. It's a fair comparison.

Who the **** hits wbs with phy dmg? it would prob take longer to do 4 phy skills than do 2 magic skills and take off the shield with the first one. Seriously now....

You 1 shot foxes regularly now..if you know what you're doing. If you don't, you think alacrity has 12.5 sec cooldown.
    My bad, I was looking at the skill info from ecatomb.net as I was at work during that time and couldn't log into game (ecatomb.net has lv1 as default).
    alacrity has an 8s cool down idiot barb -.- why on freakin earth would you leave it at level 1?
    Who the **** are you? go back to your tea parties at the sanctuary and remember to keep that blue name on so you wont get pk'd.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You try killing something with 10k hp within 10 seconds before they get into melee range. It's nearly impossible unless u get some lucky crits.

I don't get you. Why do you happen to feel that any single class can 1 v 1 kill this game's version of a TANK? There's no point in even being a barbarian if you can't survive in a 1 v 1 (except maybe veno b:surrender)

You obviously don't know enough about the Barbarians hell skills. The Onslaught increases your crit by 35% OF WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE. It is NOT a solid 35% increase.

If I have 10% crit and use onslaught, I now have 13 ~ 14% crit. It's not a complete 35% increase. b:bye
  • fluwerbas
    fluwerbas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Guys this isn't wow your QQ nerf at forums are useless. PWI are not the game developers therfore they cannot make this changes, go whine at the chinese perfect world forums and maybe they hear u, lol.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Who the **** are you? go back to your tea parties at the sanctuary and remember to keep that blue name on so you wont get pk'd.
    lol @ ur threats.

I could probably easily kill your ****, you obviously dont know your own skills if you have to:
    My bad, I was looking at the skill info from ecatomb.net as I was at work during that time and couldn't log into game (ecatomb.net has lv1 as default).

go back to your stupid PVP server and PK your level 30s, and o maybe one might drop a little 3* FB 19 3* drop gear you can make into a mirage! lrn2play :)
    There's no point in even being a barbarian if you can't survive in a 1 v 1 (except maybe veno )
    Guys this isn't wow your QQ nerf at forums are useless. PWI are not the game developers therfore they cannot make this changes, go whine at the chinese perfect world forums and maybe they hear u, lol.
    ^ truth
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    actually...
    wizards have a matk boost (its like 100 or so i just noticed after reading this i had more matk than normal)

archers can now 1 shot mobs their lvl (my friend did a 14k critb:shockedtwiceb:shocked)

i guess you gotta look very hard and see if anything is out of place
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    actually...
    wizards have a matk boost (its like 100 or so i just noticed after reading this i had more matk than normal)

archers can now 1 shot mobs their lvl (my friend did a 14k critb:shockedtwiceb:shocked)

i guess you gotta look very hard and see if anything is out of place

14k crit on x2 spark? thats like...normal for 8x
    edited May 2009
    Options
    go back to your stupid PVP server and PK your level 30s, and o maybe one might drop a little 3* FB 19 3* drop gear you can make into a mirage! lrn2play :)

They were at work, dumb****, and something on an 8 second CD is still not spammable.

L2Logic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    They were at work, dumb****, and something on an 8 second CD is still not spammable.

L2Logic
    loldumb****, if hes level 95 he should know without having to look on the game or some website.

also lrn 2 quote:

[quote=Tearvalerin - Sanctuary;2648281go back to your stupid PVP server and PK your level 30s, and o maybe one might drop a little 3* FB 19 3* drop gear you can make into a mirage! lrn2play :)[/QUOTE]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    loldumb****, if hes level 95 he should know without having to look on the game or some website.

also lrn 2 quote:

Yo, moron, not everyone is going to memorize every single little detail about every single skill of the class they are playing. Sites like Ecatomb are there for use as a reference, sites that anyone is allowed to use whether they have a level 95 of that class or not.

If you knew anything, you would know this. Obviously, you do not.

OMG, I deleted the end bracket.

END OF THE FREAKING WORLD.

How nit-picky can you get? Or are you just that stupid?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i dunno i just find it funny i could remember it and he couldnt. dont have to get your panties in a wad. did poor lazerz have his period today? im sure a good tampon will clean that situation up.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i have a mear 4k pdef buffed and a 86 barb hit me for 14k with perdition? wearing ****ty 1* armours and some +1 hh80 axes. jesus christ.

clerics can't evade like other classes, we're ****ing doomed. even with plume shell, that damn skill is hitting for near 3,000 damage. i've never seen that from any class. not even when i was in my 60s and a 9x archer crit me with a +7 hh90 xbow.
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    $exi - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Coloring area where I think you answer your own question as to why barbs got what they did.

omg thank you for saying this for me. I was going to say it after i read the first page of this. I think barbs deserve this, even tho i think more improvements are coming for outer classes. They have no customizations, whether look-wise or stat wise...i mean...how many successful ways can you REALLy make a useful barb. I just started a barb a while ago and got to lvl 33, following a guide completely to the word. And I gotta say, it sucks when I'm grinding by myself. I can't say what it's like in upper levels but at least it makes up for the lower levels while you watch a cleric 2 shot a mob before you even get close to it. anyway...just saying, barbs deserve something like this. and again, pretty sure other races won't be ignored for long. Go easy on the devs eh? they need sleep 2
    b:tired
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well you do have some advantage, if i was a cleric i would -> sleep, mdef debuff him, cyclone, run repeat. dont let him catch you lol.
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    whole untamed class is nao OP helpz b:cry j/k ^^
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well you do have some advantage, if i was a cleric i would -> sleep, mdef debuff him, cyclone, run repeat. dont let him catch you lol.

Anti sleep genie skill works wonders sometimes too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't see them being to OP from the last update from wathing Barbs to BMs.I would say that BMs still do higher dmge.I have both as my lvl12 barb is a mule and lvl 30 BM.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you can have anti veno genie, anti BM, or anti cleric, not both :I
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    True, it might be a problem for kiter classes, but really a how much damage can a barb dish out in 3 seconds?

If you have 17k max health, and you tick your health charm (or you have tree of protection running) with berserk and you land a critical hit with armageddon...?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If you have 17k max health, and you tick your health charm (or you have tree of protection running) with berserk and you land a critical hit with armageddon...?

That hurts b:shocked
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz