Genie FAQ

Comments

• DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    please remove the Color Codes from guide, because is making ppl confused ; they don't apply in this version.

The genies are 4 colours or 4 seasons, if u notice : white (Winter), orange (Fall), pink (Spring), green (Summer) ... -or summer and spring whatever-
    the Colour Codes (! in this guide) only reffer to the ammount of random Lucky Points a genie gets once at 10 lvls. So if u get everytime 10 points( the maximum in 10 lvls) ..u could say that he has the best status: orange (!how was clasified in this guide).

but the color codes are not official or are not available here.. all genies in inventory (mouse-over stats) have the name written in blue/purple (how some other see it).. and outside inventory the name is written in gold like all genie names are no matter the type.

Also i noticed that the no. of lucky points influence ur genie's appearance evolution (see http://www.ecatomb.net/fairy-genies.php) : means, so far, 4 levels in the appearance evolution; if ur char has <50 lucky points it will look like in the 1st or 2nd pic.. and if has more than 50 it will look like in the 3rd or later 4th pic. b:cute

Now u can believe whatever u want. but the orange genies aka. Zeal is not the "queen of the genies", all genies are the same! The difference is made by the Lucky Points.

ty, this made more sense than the other guides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aciid
    aciid Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    so how do genies grow?
  • degrand09elf
    degrand09elf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Where do I find chi stones for my genie?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Please read this for a more detailed version
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=281081
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • KwanYing - Heavens Tear
    KwanYing - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Anyone know how to change the "Skin" ?
    My Genie is lvl 61, but nothings changed. q.q
  • Kriya - Sanctuary
    Kriya - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The little fairy over everyone's shoulder significantly decreases the aesthetic quality of the game, period.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    please remove the Color Codes from guide, because is making ppl confused ; they don't apply in this version.

The genies are 4 colours or 4 seasons, if u notice : white (Winter), orange (Fall), pink (Spring), green (Summer) ... -or summer and spring whatever-
    the Colour Codes (! in this guide) only reffer to the ammount of random Lucky Points a genie gets once at 10 lvls. So if u get everytime 10 points( the maximum in 10 lvls) ..u could say that he has the best status: orange (!how was clasified in this guide).

but the color codes are not official or are not available here.. all genies in inventory (mouse-over stats) have the name written in blue/purple (how some other see it).. and outside inventory the name is written in gold like all genie names are no matter the type.

Also i noticed that the no. of lucky points influence ur genie's appearance evolution (see http://www.ecatomb.net/fairy-genies.php) : means, so far, 4 levels in the appearance evolution; if ur char has <50 lucky points it will look like in the 1st or 2nd pic.. and if has more than 50 it will look like in the 3rd or later 4th pic. b:cute

Now u can believe whatever u want. but the orange genies aka. Zeal is not the "queen of the genies", all genies are the same! The difference is made by the Lucky Points.

The color code tied with lucky point gained. For example, genies that has 100/100 lucky point will be orange like the orange TT weapon and is like only 1% change of getting it.

It not classified in the way you think.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I will update and change the guide as I progress with some pointer and skill to consider which type of genie and what skill is suitable for your class.

Mean time, ask if you have any question and I will try to answer,
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Where do I find chi stones for my genie?

By decompose equipment.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Anyone know how to change the "Skin" ?
    My Genie is lvl 61, but nothings changed. q.q

Post the lucky point you have with your genie. Genie has 4 stages of change in tie with it lucky point.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    ivitheman wrote: »
    My actual question is..Do the starting stats of ur genie affect bonus that you get from investing in certain attributes?

For example, I randomly got a str (violet) genie, I want a vit (white) one. If i put stat points of my str (violet) genie in vitality, will the bonuses be the same as if I put them on vit (white) genie?

Reason for asking this is, as the races in PWI gain different amount of hp per vitality for instance, while wizard gets only 10 hp, veno gets 12.

Thanks

VIT increase energy. Some skill require you to have 160 energy to cast so best to take note what skill complement your class and spec in that direction.

The two most popular genies are VIT and MAG
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Besides paying 3 mirage to chose my genie, is there a way to get a new genie? Like redoing the quest or something?
    Also, anything suggested for an Archer and a Veno? Was thinking of the Int for Veno and Dex for Archer...

Zeal (MAG) or Discipline (VIT)
  • Rebela - Heavens Tear
    Rebela - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The color code tied with lucky point gained. For example, genies that has 100/100 lucky point will be orange like the orange TT weapon and is like only 1% change of getting it.

ppl understood that the genies's appearance will become Orange ..so that means a white snowy genie becomes orange or glowing orange? i don't think so.
    If u meant the colour of the lucky points text when u hoover or whatever. Lucky Points :100/100 that's more plausible.

b:thanks
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i want to know how do you guys distribute the attribute points
    so far i've only put points in DEX and VIT (completely random)
    since i'm going to use my genie not for damage but for enchantments
    i read dexterity makes them last longer
    also my genie is the dex one and i'm a veno/cleric (both chars got the green one from quest -.-)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    Jedentag - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    must we get 100/100 for it to turn gold (which im guessing is, if for level 10 to get 10/10 is 10%, then to get 100/100 would be 0.00000001% chance (thats 1 in 100,000,000) ) or, at level 10, does it randomly pop up as green blue or gold?

(yes i say gold, and its orange, but its uber rare and its most likely supposed to be gold)

so to sum up; 100/100 turns it gold, (orange), or 10/10 and randomly pops up orange (thus guaranteeing 100/100)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    o.o *stares at his very wordy exam paper*
    that time of year has come >_>

soz guys who wanted that sig b:shutupb:sad
    will have to hold me to it
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    100/100 seems so impossible
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Added some example of how to spec genie. see first page
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    Reinef - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Sorry, but please specify. Are you referring to it's PHYSICAL appearance? Or the color code of text in its stats. That one little bit of info will clarify all that you've been saying about the color code. Personally, I really do want to know <3 thank you for the information
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Sorry, but please specify. Are you referring to it's PHYSICAL appearance? Or the color code of text in its stats. That one little bit of info will clarify all that you've been saying about the color code. Personally, I really do want to know <3 thank you for the information

Color code in its stats.
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    Reinef - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thank you very much Daji, that clears up the only question I really had. I think the GROWTH listed in genie stats is the only thing that the developers or GMs need to clarify for us. In the official site overview of genies, it says:

"Lucky Points: For every 10 levels, your Genie will be rewarded with extra Attribute points. The amount of extra Attribute points ranges from 1~10. The amount received is determined by your Growth."

I have yet to see anyone with anything other than 50 so I suppose this would be the next burning subject. b:victory
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    also my genie is the dex one and i'm a veno/cleric (both chars got the green one from quest -.-)

ive put most into str. and dex. very very little into vit, so far anyway and quite a few into magic, as it opens room for more skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009

I am a VENO so I go with Zeal that has 15 MAG. With 80 MAG 70+ VIT, I can the following skills;

1. Tree of Protection
    2. Healing
    3. Badge Of courage
    4. Absolute domain
    5. Occult Ice
  • Mr_Tigre - Sanctuary
    Mr_Tigre - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What genie and genie build would you guys recommend for a full tank barbarian?
  • aazadan
    aazadan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am a VENO so I go with Zeal that has 15 MAG. With 80 MAG 70+ VIT, I can the following skills;

1. Tree of Protection
    2. Healing
    3. Badge Of courage
    4. Absolute domain
    5. Occult Ice

Is 80 Mag and 70+ Vit even a reasonably obtainable goal?

At 1 point per level and a max of 100 lucky points, a level 100 genie would have 200 points available. In order to get 80 magic you would be using 105 (25 for 16-40, 80 for 41-80), and to get 70 vit you would be using 95 (35 for 6-40, 60 for 41-70). Without gear you're looking at needing level 100 plus a perfect genie to get your minimum desired build. With gear, you could cover 8 points of stats which would save you 16 points. So you could still get your build at 84/100 lucky, or a perfect genie at level 94.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, the only thing I don't like is you have to use two attribute points for every point over 40 on the genies. I guess it is intended as a balancing feature, but just having to spend so many points in dex, str, vit and mag to get some of the benefits seems like it would be balancing enough.

Other than that, genies are quite nice! ^^
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    what exactly does 'silence' do?

main question; can you cast genie spells when silenced
  • cronoslave
    cronoslave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Anybody know what strength does? Does it make the skills more powerfull or what?
  • WerewovenRAM - Lost City
    WerewovenRAM - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    what exactly does 'silence' do?

main question; can you cast genie spells when silenced

I think that only u are silenced but not sure if it affects genie. Silenced just basically prevents u from using a skill I believe, much like alacrity of the beast on a mob to cancel its skill.

-I'd also like to know, what would be the perfect genie+genie build for a full tank barb?
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    aazadan wrote: »
    Is 80 Mag and 70+ Vit even a reasonably obtainable goal?

At 1 point per level and a max of 100 lucky points, a level 100 genie would have 200 points available. In order to get 80 magic you would be using 105 (25 for 16-40, 80 for 41-80), and to get 70 vit you would be using 95 (35 for 6-40, 60 for 41-70). Without gear you're looking at needing level 100 plus a perfect genie to get your minimum desired build. With gear, you could cover 8 points of stats which would save you 16 points. So you could still get your build at 84/100 lucky, or a perfect genie at level 94.

My Calculation put my genie lucky point at: 86/100, around 72VIT but I know hard to get, best I have now is 63/90 so have to keeo trying.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, the only thing I don't like is you have to use two attribute points for every point over 40 on the genies. I guess it is intended as a balancing feature, but just having to spend so many points in dex, str, vit and mag to get some of the benefits seems like it would be balancing enough.

Other than that, genies are quite nice! ^^

CN version testing new dungeon patch related to genis, hope bosses there drop genie equipments that make life easier.
This discussion has been closed.