Genie FAQ

Comments

• B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    which one is the earth element?

i gather that genie 1 or 3 would be earth element, not sure tho just a guess of colour b:victory ( 3 imo)

and tysm for the ecatomb pics & for this thread really appricate it! b:cuteb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    wich element do u miss out on considering there are only 4 genies in ecatom, or are they missing one..?b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Vestrial - Sanctuary
    Vestrial - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wich element do u miss out on considering there are only 4 genies in ecatom, or are they missing one..?b:cute

I don't think the genies represent elements. When you look closely at the last pictures of each genie at ecatombs site, you'll see petals, brown leaves and snowflakes around them. So, I guess they represent seasons.

If they're not seasonal genies, i demand a metal genie though b:chuckle
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    metal fairies fw b:angryb:cute

edit; i looked at the fairy skills from a dif thread an it says earth n ect, maybe they hve their own elements
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There isn't fix element for any genie, you decide what point to put. However, most wanted and common one are white and gold for MAG and STR. If you get your genie random stats at 45/50 at L50 for these two genies. You can sell for lots of coins.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    metal fairies fw b:angryb:cute

edit; i looked at the fairy skills from a dif thread an it says earth n ect, maybe they hve their own elements

thats exactly why i asked which ones the earth element i want the metal and earth element, oh who am i kiding i want all of themb:dirty

but if u ask me 1 is earth, 2 is wood, 3 is metal and 4 is water

but when i look at the skills theer are also fire element skils so i dont know
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    There isn't fix element for any genie, you decide what point to put. However, most wanted and common one are white and gold for MAG and STR. If you get your genie random stats at 45/50 at L50 for these two genies. You can sell for lots of coins.

huh? .
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    huh? .

The color of the genie indicates its "focused" stat (str, dex, mag, int), which dictates the genies primary advantage (listed in the first post)

The Element (fire, water, earth, wood, metal) is a stat that determines skill requirements (or seems so) and is raised manually, in which you can choose to go for one element (or multiple) to benefit from different skills.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What This 'genie" Mean?? O.o
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    oh so if i understand the genies colour wil change acording to its build?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wait wait wait wait....the genie has to ahve 40 magic o_o to be able to learn another one >.< that means you have to have gold to get the 8 skills....>.< or get more genies which would mean lvling more up and pay more money >_<.. i hope they change the mag thing though >.<..and what do the armours look like? And how much stat does it put on at the lvl of armour period?Or a link to it.
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009

Not sure, but I'd say no to that; the initial color means that your genie has 10 points more in 1 stat than the other 3, but after that you build it the way you want. The other color change (which is quite confusing to me as well) happens when your reach lvl 100 and <our "random stat point bonuses" are determined... refer to the first post for that information...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    i think im gona cry i wil have to give 40% of my xp to my genie to lvl it to lvl 2 are they crazy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Again unconfirmed (but recall being mentioned by Daji) that you receive 1 stat point per level, and when your genie reaches 40 points in a stat, raising that stat to 41+ needs 2 points per raise (seems they are trying NOT to make them OP, but...)
  • lordlionz
    lordlionz Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    so how would you be able to learn the 8 skill the max a genie can have? if you have to have magic 40+ 80+ 120+ etc.?b:sweatb:embarrass
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009

No. Think of Genie like TT weapons, you have green, gold, orange etc. It depend on random stats,the higher the random you get for your genie the better the look.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    From the pictures on ecatomb you'll know how good your genie will be from the start, it will start off gold etc. They also 'evolve' kinda like demon/sage fairies at certain levels.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Question, how do Genies fight? And does anyone have a build somewhere in the other PW?
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Question, how do Genies fight? And does anyone have a build somewhere in the other PW?

They don't "fight", they just grant you extra skills, and determine their usage and effect (strength, effect and usability). See the first post on stat listings and you will get he basic understanding...

P.S. Since the genies get random stats every 10 levels, the chance to have an actual "build" are rather slim (unless if you employ heavy restating)
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009

They don't fight. You execute genie skill from hot bar. There no standard build but most goes with MAG / STR one.
  • Friction - Lost City
    Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Some info on when these things are coming out would be nice...
    Considering PW-MY doesnt have them yet, I dont think we will see them for at least another 10 - 12 months.
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Some info on when these things are coming out would be nice...
    Considering PW-MY doesnt have them yet, I dont think we will see them for at least another 10 - 12 months.

PWI and PW-MY has nothing related.

Additon info for who need:
    1)When you learn skill for a genie, it will cost SP and Money. Maximum number of skills that genie can learn is 8. You can delete the skill you don't want at the new NPC with free charge, but your SP and Money gone forever.
    2)There are 4 types of equipments your genie can buy. For now, only 2 items for each type. 1 item cost 1M to buy, another cost 3M. All of these item +1 or 2 point more to your genie's stats.
    3)Depends on how you spend the element stat of the genie, it can learn and cast certain skill.
    4)You genie's color changes, depend on how you build its stat, and when it reach lvl 100, it color will change one more time, depends on how many random stat points your genie gets every 10 lvl, over the total possible random points. RANDOM POINTS YOU CAN GET DEPENDS ON YOUR GENIE'S... LOYALTY POINT ( how to increase this point... as for now, I got no idea ^^)
    As the author said on his FAQ at page 1, the color just like you weapon: dark orange is best, gold is good, purple is ok, green is... trade your genie.
    5)Over all, if there are 1000 genie, there could be 1000 ways to build. The genie is kinda new, so there isn't any perfect way to build it yet. It depends on what skill you want to learn, on your class, on your favorite color (eg. girls like pink a lot b:surrender), on your pocket...

It will cost you a big sum of money and LUCK ( why luck is here, for ppl who doesn't has enough money... make it fair a bit b:laugh) to build a scary genie...
    I has no hope for the 2 anti-bleeding skills ( they sux over all b:angry), but there are some really cool skill (eg. the running fast skill... to run away from the nix b:victory).
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR GENIE GUYS. AND PWI, RELEASE IT SOON PLEASE. I FEEL BORED OF THIS GAME ALREADY.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fireproof
    fireproof Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hmm.Very intresting pet tis will be.And i hear there'll be 8 geneis to choose from.I have 700spirit waiting to level this damn genie.Sorry nixs.Your time of glory is OVER.

~Destrucion
    Lost City server
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    fireproof wrote: »
    Hmm.Very intresting pet tis will be.And i hear there'll be 8 geneis to choose from.I have 700spirit waiting to level this damn genie.Sorry nixs.Your time of glory is OVER.

~Destrucion
    Lost City server

Only 4 type of genies to chose from but you can have as many as you like by paying 3 mirage for each.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The ending became kinda Chinglish, but ya, thanks for the info!

Chinglish???

What?!?
  • KikiKitten - Heavens Tear
    KikiKitten - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Can't WAIT. b:victory
    The whole expansion looks so awesome. It's like a whole other game. Definetly the most epic free game I've ever seen.
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This whole genie thing is interesting...also watched the trailer of the upcoming expansion. *couldnt avoid seeing the two-headed wyrm flying mount*;_; must get it when its out.

Thanks for the guide.
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This whole genie thing is interesting...also watched the trailer of the upcoming expansion. *couldnt avoid seeing the two-headed wyrm flying mount*;_; must get it when its out.

Thanks for the guide.

I couldnt help the "THIS WINTER" caption at the beginning either...

PWI says Genies n the expansion is coming REALLY soon...Think they r pulling our leg?
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah the expansion itself with all the new stuff is coming this winter...but the genie feature should be coming real soon. Possibly the expansion will add more feature to the genies as well. Idk to be honest. |:
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wait I don't get do you mean we should be lvl 1 to get a genie? can't wen get it at any level? like 71,72 or 73?
This discussion has been closed.