Genie FAQ

Options

Comments

• Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Genie will be level 1, I assume. Considering you can actually trade genies, I imagine a lot of high lvls will level genies to 20-30, then abandon them if they don't get max stats and start over. So, you can actually get a genie that's high lvl from another player, it will already have it's points distributed though and most likely will suck, so don't do that.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Pictures of all Genies b:dirty *scroll down*

http://ecatomb.net/fairy-genies.php

b:victory Ecatomb rocks b:thanks

Omg yes a pinkish one <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Genie will be level 1, I assume. Considering you can actually trade genies, I imagine a lot of high lvls will level genies to 20-30, then abandon them if they don't get max stats and start over. So, you can actually get a genie that's high lvl from another player, it will already have it's points distributed though and most likely will suck, so don't do that.
    How much EXP is needed to level my genie

40% of charactor EXP. For example; your charactor needed 1 mil EXP for next level, your genie will need 400K.
    These genies are gonna be hell lvling for higher lvls with millions and millions of exp -.- even with the SP usage....
    In other words you will see Lv70s walking around with Lv10 genies while lowbies have higher lvl genies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    which one is the earth element?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    These genies are gonna be hell lvling for higher lvls with millions and millions of exp -.- even with the SP usage....
    In other words you will see Lv70s walking around with Lv10 genies while lowbies have higher lvl genies.

Not really. If the genie gets Your xp*100% and it only needs 40% of your lvl, I can kill 1 mob and have lvl 4 genie, then kill 1 more and have lvl 6. If it works like pets and the genie gets 15xp for every kill, then maybe, but you will just have high lvls sit in room 4 of the cube and lvl their genies. Either way, it won't be hard to lvl at all, especially when you consider I have 15-16m of sp to spare when i have maxed skills.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hm... wil they be able to die? wil they die if a mob atacks em or wil they automaticaly die with you?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    they don't die, they are more like fairies than they are like pets
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    they don't die, they are more like fairies than they are like pets

hrm but they still die when u do b:chuckle
  • Ahaa - Lost City
    Ahaa - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Not really. If the genie gets Your xp*100% and it only needs 40% of your lvl, I can kill 1 mob and have lvl 4 genie, then kill 1 more and have lvl 6. If it works like pets and the genie gets 15xp for every kill, then maybe, but you will just have high lvls sit in room 4 of the cube and lvl their genies. Either way, it won't be hard to lvl at all, especially when you consider I have 15-16m of sp to spare when i have maxed skills.

your genie dont gain anything from u grinding , u GIVE ur own EXP / SP to it to level it up

edit : and theres exp penalty transferring exp to lower level genies which is quite heavy :)
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hrm but they still die when u do b:chuckle

Something that goes away when you die isn't the same as it dying.

Simply put, character dies, genie goes away just like a pet goes away when the character dies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The description says;
    How much EXP is needed to level my genie

40% of charactor EXP. For example; your charactor needed 1 mil EXP for next level, your genie will need 400K.
    But from your explanation a lv1 genie only needs 22exp?
    Level
    1- 55 -22
    2- 220 -88
    3- 495 -198
    4- 880 -352
    5- 1400 -560

I think what im wondering is if the genie, which is Lv1 to start off with, starts at the CURRENT characters 40% exp, or the 40% exp rate that has been used by the player since their own Lv1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KittyPurrs - Sanctuary
    KittyPurrs - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Feeding your genie your own exp is going to be interesting, expecially for higher lvl people. SP Doesn't matter because it doesn't have anything to do with me lvling b:chuckle all ur exp r belong to genie? b:laugh
    I give a new definition the word "Purr" b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The description says;

Level
    1- 55 -22
    2- 220 -88
    3- 495 -198
    4- 880 -352
    5- 1400 -560

I think what im wondering is if the genie, which is Lv1 to start off with, starts at the CURRENT characters 40% exp, or the 40% exp rate that has been used by the player since their own Lv1

See, I am thinking if you need 100xp to lvl at lvl 1, your genie will need 40xp to lvl at lvl 1, no matter what lvl you are. It really wouldn't make sense for a genie to need 40% of your character's lvl to lvl up at every lvl, that would mean to go from 1-3 I would need to grind over 1 lvl on myself. Might as well recreate chars to grind genies up super fast cuz they will gain a lvl every kill.
  • X_Damien_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Damien_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    where do u find this new npc ive looked everywhere and cant find it
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    where do u find this new npc ive looked everywhere and cant find it

PWI has not has this version yet, maybe soon (within a month guess I must). NPC will be at major city such as AR, City of lost, Plume, Etherblade etc.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The description says;

Level
    1- 55 -22
    2- 220 -88
    3- 495 -198
    4- 880 -352
    5- 1400 -560

Genie start at L1 and need 40% of L1 character EXP etc. if you have millions of SP, you can level your genie fast.

But, since genie goes with random stats, I can see lot of genie being abundant due to poor random stats.
  • elmii
    elmii Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So if I trade a lvl 1 genie from my high shar to the low char it will need less exp to lvl? or will still need "memorised" amont of exp from high char? and reverse?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    elmii wrote: »
    So if I trade a lvl 1 genie from my high shar to the low char it will need less exp to lvl? or will still need "memorised" amont of exp from high char? and reverse?

To explain it better.

A genie of level X needs 40% of the XP a character of level X would need to get to the next level.

So, if a genie is level 19, it will need 40% of what a level 19 character would need to get to level 20. In this case a level 19 character needs 22325 XP to level to 20, so a level 19 genie would only need to gain 40% of that amount or 8930 XP, and to level to 21 from 20 a genie would only need 40% of the amount a level 20 character would need to gain to level to 21 or 40% of 25000 which is 10000.

So:
    Genie 19 -> 20 : 8930 XP (40% of 22325)
    Genie 20 -> 21 : 10k XP (40% of 25k)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Since you can "feed" your SP to the genie for it to level, does anyone know the ratio. Does 1 spirit give 1 xp to a genie? Or more/less?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Since you can "feed" your SP to the genie for it to level, does anyone know the ratio. Does 1 spirit give 1 xp to a genie? Or more/less?

For a genie the same level it should be 1 Spirit = 5 XP, but there's a penalty on XP for genies much lower level than the player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    For a genie the same level it should be 1 Spirit = 5 XP, but there's a penalty on XP for genies much lower level than the player.

Cool thx. I'm wondering how much spirit i'm gonna need to level my genie to level 80 (for example).
    Guess we'll have to wait for official news regarding the XP penalty, how much it is, etc.
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    Benjabob - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So does anyone have a list of genie skills to accompany this thread? I dont mean the ones the GMs were on about because kantorek or whoever posted it seemed unsure of the info he was giving out. Any MY players who know about what the skills do?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    actualy there are skils writen somewhere i downloaded the file and its quite helpfull if its corect (i forgot which thread it is -_-)

and as for the leveling of the genies and theyre skills i hope the GMs are gona make a guide of some sort, lol they are probably doing it right now thats the hardest to explain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    just search up genies on the search button and find the uncomplete genie skills..and what do u mean by the random stat points determine the look of the genie. You mean like the name or the look?
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so can genies be a higher lvl then the actual character? i would assume no they cant be but you can never be sure
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    They can be traded among players right?
    >.>;
    Back.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so can genies be a higher lvl then the actual character? i would assume no they cant be but you can never be sure

Genie level can not be higher than it owner.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    They can be traded among players right?
    >.>;

Yes but to allow trade, you need toggle at option windows and has 168 hour down time before it is tradable.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    just search up genies on the search button and find the uncomplete genie skills..and what do u mean by the random stat points determine the look of the genie. You mean like the name or the look?

Color and brightness change with random stats you have on your genie.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yes but to allow trade, you need toggle at option windows and has 168 hour down time before it is tradable.

can they be mailed?
    Back.
This discussion has been closed.