Comments

• arc1
    arc1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hello,
    ty for this fantastic guide but i have one question
    what do you mean with the new npc in major town
    ist major town archosaur or maybe etherblade/city of the plume/City of the Lost

if not could you please send the coords
    and are the genies really already availeble

Some more questions:
    1)If i kill a mob and get(lets say) 100exp
    will i get only 60Exp with my Genie

2)how could genies learn skills?

3) could they only buff or could they also heal or attack

4)and i didn't understand that with the elements...could anyone explain it again

MfG Arcanus
  • valorien
    valorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Someone said there are only 8 skills but the picture they posted shows tons of skills. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have a question, you said when you get 10 points and you random those points, @ lvl 100 genie, it would have 200 points allocated to the different elements compared to choosing it's points and @ lvl 100 having only 110 points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathsLiife - Heavens Tear
    DeathsLiife - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    rapplez calls.

Well it seems like Genies are the same like the Pets in Rappelz.
  • Veekee88 - Sanctuary
    Veekee88 - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    do u know any web sit/forum adress/date base where i can find skills for genie?
    i heared bm and barb one gives magic reflection
    any1 kknows something more?b:thanks
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My humblest apologies of this has already been asked, but I am confused.

Do you have to have a Pet Slot to use Genies? Or do they fit in your inventory only and just act like a non-attacking/stat-boosting pet?

Thank you, and I apologies again if this question has already been asked.
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    PinkEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The genie will go to inventiry when you have it... and you put it on the slot right side of were you put the rings...
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    honestly people we all need to just calm down and learn to read. .I can't tell you how many times the same question keeps getting asked

quit asking where the npc starts from or why you can't find him

the Genies are not in the game yet, GM's will let us know all we need to know when the time comes

for now just go back to playing your game and forget about the genies b:victory
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    PinkEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Aleluia a good answer.....
    Im with you boy...lol
    Relax and enjoy tha game... For some reason its a perfect world.....
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Q: Does anyone know at which lvl will the Genie be available? I mean, that you get Flying Blades at lvl 30, etc.

Q: Do you must have it, or is it optional?

Q:Who wants to bet that the New NPC is The Arena Manager? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KokkieVenom - Heavens Tear
    KokkieVenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Q: Does anyone know at which lvl will the Genie be available? I mean, that you get Flying Blades at lvl 30, etc.

Q: Do you must have it, or is it optional?

Q:Who wants to bet that the New NPC is The Arena Manager? :P

a1: lvl 1
    a2: optional, but you will regret it, if you dont have one
    a3: i take that bet, i believe it is Watcher of the Earth
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    a1: lvl 1
    a2: optional, but you will regret it, if you dont have one
    a3: i take that bet, i believe it is Watcher of the Earth

Squee! Thanks!

I'm going to take either the Fire or the Ice one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I didnt read all the pages.. uhm.. Just confused about the genie looks. In the trailer and ecatomb there are 4 different genies. Exactly what makes a difference between those except the look? When I saw the expansion trailer I thought it had something to do with ur race, but maybe not.. Or are they elemental... I thought there was more than 4 elements in PWI though lol.

And an other question. How do u get rid of a genie? I mean if u trade mirage for an other, dont wanna have a bunch of genies in ur inventory.. lol.
    *Semi retired*
  • KokkieVenom - Heavens Tear
    KokkieVenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    time will tell.
    but the genies are elemental, so lets say your veno, then a good genie would be the wood genie, since venos use wood. Are you Cleric, then a metal genie is good, since clerics use metal attacks. I dont know about the rest, but time will tell
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    NVM just found the answer to my question
    *Semi retired*
  • BreeVe - Lost City
    BreeVe - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is this quest already out?
    GRINDING IS BORINGb:angry UNFORTUNATELY
  • Faerune - Lost City
    Faerune - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    time will tell.
    but the genies are elemental, so lets say your veno, then a good genie would be the wood genie, since venos use wood. Are you Cleric, then a metal genie is good, since clerics use metal attacks. I dont know about the rest, but time will tell

I guess you should take an elemental Genie that complements your characters strong points (elemental affinities).

Like an archer or cleric should take a Fire or water fairy, (They got plenty metal attacks trust me).
    Or a Wiz should take a metal or wood fairy (cuz he/she'll have tons of other elemental attacks)

Personally as an Archer i might take a water,earth or fire Genie.(to grind on fire flying mobs or water swimming mobs)
  • Faerune - Lost City
    Faerune - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And more elemental attacks= more dead BM and Barbb:victory
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Genie element is different from player. For example, VENO is wood damage attack but spec your genie in wood element will not benefit you.

Before adding point into elemental stats of your genie, look at the skill listing.
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Q- Which NPC can we see the skill tree?
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    For a cleric, having a metal genie would be useless, unless you are a hell cleric, because you can use your wield thunder for metal debuff.
    For veno, if you are hell, then your venomous scarab adds to your wood dmg, so wood genie won't be a bad idea.
    For archers, they got 50% metal debuff, and they could really use some more metal atks, so that would be a good idea.
    Wizards have undine strike, so any of fire/water/earth would be good to have.

The only 2 left are BM and WB, they don't get any use of elements, but anything that's not wood or metal would probably be better than the alternative since ppl stack metal defense for clerics and archers. So you can get some earth genie and **** other heavies with it.
  • Kokuryu - Sanctuary
    Kokuryu - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So...are you saying that to get a genie you have to be at level 1?
  • syruss
    syruss Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    no , u ( your character ) can get a genie at any lvl , but your genie will start out at lvl 1 . please read the fourms before asking the same question that has already been answered soooooo many times . If u do not understand what you are reading , please get someone to explain it to you . b:bye
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    syruss wrote: »
    no , u ( your character ) can get a genie at any lvl , but your genie will start out at lvl 1 . please read the fourms before asking the same question that has already been answered soooooo many times . If u do not understand what you are reading , please get someone to explain it to you . b:bye

they are so many threads about this ... were should he start?
    you shouldn't have answerd if it iritated you
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Okay, I know this has been asked but I still don't understand. I guess I'm stupid. Anyway, genie needs 40% of my exp to level. I'm lvl 72. Does that mean that I'd be a lot better off making an entirely new character so that my genie will be able to level up? Or will my genie level up quickly until it catches up to me and then level along with me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    Jedentag - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ditto to misti

do you mean, for example if a level 1 player needed 300 exp, the level 1 genie would need 40% of 300,

or because im a level 31 player, my level 1 genie would need 40% of 2million odd (exaggerated lol) that would be ridiculous

could u be a little clearer and give some clear examples, someone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    o.o *stares at his very wordy exam paper*
    that time of year has come >_>

soz guys who wanted that sig b:shutupb:sad
    will have to hold me to it
  • rhoul123
    rhoul123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when do the gienes become a reality in perfect world casue as far as i can tell they havent came out yet so when do they
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Stick with your high lvl Character. It's like a veno pet that needs to be lvled up to your lvl. Except it gets experience differently(it doesn't get it from grinding with you like battle pets). If it takes 50 exp to get from lvl1 to lvl2 on a character, then it will take 20exp(40% of 50exp) to get your genie from lvl1 to lvl2. It's easier to get 20exp when you are lvl40+ than it is when you are lvl1.

Once you get your genie up to your lvl, it will have some costly maintence to keep it at your lvl as far as I understand it from what others are saying.
    Here are the three ways I've heard of how you can give exp to your genie:

1. Give your genie exp from your exp pool. This makes it take longer to lvl since now you have to get 140% of your exp instead of only 100%.

2. Give your genie exp by giving it Spirit from your spirit pool. (note: 1 sp=5exp for your genie.) You might only have to get the regular 100% exp for your lvl, but you'll have almost no spirit to use on skills. I'd only use this if I had all my skills maxed, and you have to be 9x before that happens I think, or you want to lvl up your genie fast right when you get it.

3. Give your genie exp buy buying exp items for it. These items are most likely going to be extremely expensive right when genies come out, unless they can be bought from an NPC.

Over all, I suggest sticking with your main char when lvling your genie. Yeah it might take longer for you to lvl because you're trying to keep your genie's lvl up near your own. For my lvl75 archer I kill mobs that give me around 400exp per kill. If I spent all my exp and spirit that it would take for me to get from lvl75 to lvl76 which is around 2.1mil exp and about 500k spirit(estimating on spirit) on my genie, it would get roughly 4.6mil exp which would get it to lvl67 based on this exp chart* (remember that genie's only need 40% of the exp that chars need)

http://asiapworld.com/pw/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=23&Itemid=43

* Yes I know this is an exp chart for PW-MY, but as far as I know the exp is the same for PWI

I hope this answers some questions and stops people from asking them over and over.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Look at the table below and you will understand. Genie starts with L1 and EXP required to level a L1 genies is 40% of L1 player EXP regardless you are L1 or L100, it follow the EXP table.

For a L100 player to level his L1 genie will only need 22 EXP.

Level Player EXP Genie EXP
    1 55 22
    2 220 88
    3 495 198
    4 880 352
    5 1400 560
    6 2010 804
    7 2765 1106
    8 3640 1456
    9 4635 1854
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    like that Daji said in previous post lv 100 player will need only 22 exp to level his lv 1 genie but not exactly... if we get that announced penalties for higg player leveling genie

bue that pealties is unknow at teh moment
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
This discussion has been closed.