Venomancer F.A.Q.

Comments

• Chloes - Lost City
    Chloes - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    peregryn wrote: »
    19) What quest is available to Venomancer
    - A list of available quest until lvl 19 is on the Perfect World MY-EN official website, but names aren't the same :|
    --better list of quests with correct names at http://www.1perfectworld.com/quests_in/ (and yes it is a fan site)

what is a golden wing sumpreme????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????b:byeb:byeb:laughb:laughb:laughpls tell me
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what is a golden wing sumpreme????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????b:byeb:byeb:laughb:laughb:laughpls tell me

it's something u order at a restaurant
    kidding, well it's a flying mob (i think... )
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • herrbrumstuss
    herrbrumstuss Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I myself is am a winged elf and my friend is a venomancer see?:) She tried to sell a pet to me that she tamed herself but i couldn't use it:S Why is that? It told me i hade to be a lvl 10 venomancer in order to use it:S b:sad I thought everyone could have pets not just venomancers:S
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I thought everyone could have pets not just venomancers:S

There are two types of pets :

1 - Battle pets usable only by Venomancers.

2 - All class pets, usable by all class. But to make those all-class pets, a venomancer mus first tame a given quantity of eggs. With those, you can then go see an npc in archosaur called "Mrs Zoologist" to turn the oprdinary eggs into an all-class pet egg. Only a few type of all-class pets can be made tho. And those pets will not fight, they are only for show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ok, I searched the forums but couldnt find the answer, how and when can I upgrade my pet skills?
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ok, I searched the forums but couldnt find the answer, how and when can I upgrade my pet skills?

Pet skills can be upgraded every 20 level (20-40-60-80) up to level 5 (except a few skills that cannot go higher than 2 or 3)

You need a training pet skillbook you can buy for 200k at a NPC called Mrs Zoologist, in the south eastern corner of Archosaur City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • VampKat_god - Lost City
    VampKat_god - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:surrenderDon't you think it would be cool if we can turn into somethin over then a fox and same with barbs. instead of a tiger or fox we can shapeshift into somethin else. like a panther or a wolf. lol
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What stats have Phoenix on 1 lvl?
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Eve_diskenth - Heavens Tear
    Eve_diskenth - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Why is it when my pet's loyalty bar fills up (from the many times I fed him) it suddenly drops to zero and he becomes savage? I can't stop the bar from filling up!b:shockedb:angryb:surrender
    Whoever said there are no such thing as a stupid question, well, they never met me!
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pet skills can be upgraded every 20 level (20-40-60-80) up to level 5 (except a few skills that cannot go higher than 2 or 3)

You need a training pet skillbook you can buy for 200k at a NPC called Mrs Zoologist, in the south eastern corner of Archosaur City.

Thx. And I see lots of Hercs attacking a large group of mobs once each at a time, and how do they do that? b:surprised
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • flygoon1
    flygoon1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    im a total newb and just started perfect world, how much cash do u need to make a good venomancer? robes (pve) server-sanctuary
    and how much will all the pet food cost 2 have a strong loyal pet?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    flygoon1 wrote: »
    im a total newb and just started perfect world, how much cash do u need to make a good venomancer? robes (pve) server-sanctuary
    and how much will all the pet food cost 2 have a strong loyal pet?

Pet - $200
    Christmas Blessing (keeps pet fed) - 2-3 mil
    Knowing you're just like every other veno in the game - Priceless

For everything else there's your dad credit card.
    Back.
  • flygoon1
    flygoon1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    oh yeah and how do i get rid of an unwanted pet?
    is the wolf a good pet 2 keep? (the one u get at lvl 3)
    if its not wuts a gud pet 4 nubs besides the sawfly
  • Desolate - Lost City
    Desolate - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    flygoon1 wrote: »
    oh yeah and how do i get rid of an unwanted pet?
    is the wolf a good pet 2 keep? (the one u get at lvl 3)
    if its not wuts a gud pet 4 nubs besides the sawfly

To get rid of a pet, go to the nearest Pet Skill Trainer. Then go to Revert pet to egg and drag the pets icon from the pet backpack to the reversion windo.

You can choose to keep the wolf until you get the level 17/18 magmite. The Volcanic/Crystal magmite will remain as a decent tanker for the rest of your game play if you choose to invest in Hercules or Shadou cub, but that's optional. You won't need to exchange them for other types of magmites you see as you level up, as they'll have better stats than their higher level kin.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Pet - $200
    Christmas Blessing (keeps pet fed) - 2-3 mil
    Knowing you're just like every other veno in the game - Priceless

For everything else there's your dad credit card.

i don't think that by "a strong pet" means a cash shope one, the normal pets like the golem and the sawfly are the second best pets after the nix and herc, and feeding them doesn't cost much at all, use ginger oil till they get to 100 loyaly than just water when they get hungry
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Succubae - Dreamweaver
    Succubae - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i don't think that by "a strong pet" means a cash shope one, the normal pets like the golem and the sawfly are the second best pets after the nix and herc, and feeding them doesn't cost much at all, use ginger oil till they get to 100 loyaly than just water when they get hungry

500, not 100.

And her post was ironical...
  • isolvent
    isolvent Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Im lvl 10, what pet should i get? i am venomancer mage build ;)

Thanks
  • Leonnator - Sanctuary
    Leonnator - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    22) What are the legendary Pets ?
    - The Legendary Pets are Hercules , Pheonix and Giant Turtle.
    Picture is available HERE

What's with the turtle is it yet to be released?
    Casters FTWb:victory
  • brentbest
    brentbest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if my pett takes on two aggro mobs one comes to me how can i stop it that he akes on the 2 mobs?
  • Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary
    Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Err, totally not a veno here, but isn't a fox demon called a huli jing? (And the "jing" is the same "jing" in "wei jing" which means "Monosodium Glutamate," or "essence of flavor")
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Have your pet hit both of the mobs, and then heal the pet.
  • icewiz232
    icewiz232 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it helped alot but i wish there was male venos
  • eefie
    eefie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I guess this is the most appropriate place to post my question. I'm a level 30 veno, and recently I've found myself questioning my future pet choices. I would appreciate it greatly if someone could help me with the following questions b:thanks

I've read that Eldergoths are good for luring, since they are ranged and everything. I also know that Eldergoth Marksman is slightly better in terms of stats compared to the Sharpshooter. But what about the Warrior? No one seems to mention the Warrior in any of the threads I read on the forum b:shocked Are the stats comparable to the Sharpshooter (since they are at the same level)? If so, I'll rather get the Warrior (for aesthetic reasons).

Also, I've read a lot about luring, but I've never really had the need to lure at my level. So, my next question is, at what level would one require luring? I know fast pets are the best for luring...but would I need them if I get an Eldergoth? And if I do get a fast pet (preferably with decent DPS), what would be recommended?

Finally, I'm looking for a physical tank that's not the Magmite. Yes, I do love my pile of rocks, but it irks me whenever I see another veno with the exact same pet. b:cry I know cookie cutters in MMOs exist for a reason, but I'm a casual gamer, and I don't want to conform. So, any suggestions for this non-conformist? I've heard about the Overclocked Mechrab as a decent replacement...are there any others?

Oh, and I don't want to get a legendary pet...no amount of cajoling is going to get me to buy one. If you give it for free however...I may consider it.b:pleased
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well..you want a good tankin pet..not an magmite...not an herc...
    you should look for an Shaodu Cub or Armored Bear, their also good tankers and cute too b:cute
    as a puller you should get a fast pet like a kowlin

these are rare pets tough (well you asked non legendary...XD)

but you should take a look at the link below for more ideas
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260362
  • eefie
    eefie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've seen it already. In fact, I even downloaded the spreadsheet and messed around with it. But it's gotten me somewhat confused, so I thought about asking for advice from people who have tried alternatives.

And yes, I plan on getting an Armoured Bear, but it's a long way to go before I get to level 80. And even if Kowlin is sexy, I think I'll get a Ninetailed Fox instead. It fits nicely with foxform, moves at 9.9m/s and has better DPS than Kowlin. Serves my purpose fine. But level 85 b:cry

I'm looking for more short/mid term options for luring/tanking actually, since I plan on getting those two 8x pets for the long term. Any suggestions? Or do I just stick to Magmite until level 80 *sighs at the thought*
  • Lucky_Curse - Lost City
    Lucky_Curse - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    this is a nice guide but it would be better with some more color, would make it easier to read
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    According to the South Park faction, i am still on the list and inactive. I never became active and desire to do so now. I am a lvl 25 and have a Darting Minkii at level 24. Is it too late and how do I get started? If it is do I need to start my player over and dig in early? b:thanks
  • luckyd39
    luckyd39 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i am a lvl 47 Veno and my Vir is 47, Str is 47, Magic is 117, and my Dex is 44. i don't know what i'm doing and i was just wondering if i am putting my points correct to be strong and all but there is different ways of using the points for a Veno and i want the best one to kill monster higher then i am. so if anyone has any advice cna u plz let me know the best way to build my Veno plz thank you
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    @memegirl; No need to start your veno again at all.

@luckyd39; Best one to kill a monster higher than you? Any. what do you want though;

You can be a mage type; good at farming money+rare items but you'll have very weak physical defense. You can be scary in PvP but this relies on having a phoenix and about 6k+HP at around level 90.
    That's the arcane venomancer. If you want this you need to get rid of the 44 dex and put it into magic.

You can have a low HP pool, average magic and physical defense and high critical damage and good accuracy for fighting in fox form, while also playing in human form. This is the light armour venomancer. You'd just need to keep enough magic for a magic weapon your level and enough str and dex to wear light armour your level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • norgiboy
    norgiboy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wazzup with all the malaysians hatin on the north americans for bein stuck with PWI?b:shutup
    Help Expand the Wiki!
    jdf2p.wikia.com/wiki/Jade_Dynasty_Wiki