Venomancer F.A.Q.

1235»

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    those people have a thing called a Tome ... like the 1% crit christmas tome for example. wearing a tome, any kind of tome, even the ones that just give +5 magic or anything else, makes it so you do not need to feed your pet.

its hunger doesnt decrease, and it does not lose loyalty over time while wearing one. only time when you need to feed it is after your pet dies to keep its loyalty up.

its the most important item you will NEED to have when you have legendary pets, so you wont be spending money out your butt to feed it all the time.

even without having a legendary pet, it sure helps with normal pets, because feeding water every 5 minutes gets old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • IsaLady - Raging Tide
    IsaLady - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Fantastic amount of information here so first up thanks for that! I am confused on pet skills. I have a new pet steelfang grimalkin seems fast and thinking to use to lure and stow then pull out herc or nix. So I thought why not do something worthwhile like a Devour or Consume skill maybe to help out. I can't find those skills so assume I must make them but epic fail there also :( Could someone please tell me how to make those skills that aren't in the Ms Zoologists Goods list please? I am lvl 71 so shld be able to get Consume... ?? Thanks for your help in advance!
    It must be gaming o'clock!! b:laugh
  • reios
    reios Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    does the level of the monster im fighting affect the experience my pet gains?

i've been fighting lots of monster and my pet is still at the same exp.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    reios wrote: »
    does the level of the monster im fighting affect the experience my pet gains?

i've been fighting lots of monster and my pet is still at the same exp.

Indeed it does.

your pet will recieve 15xp from mobs that are [?] or same level and above.

They will recieve reduced xp from mobs that are 1 level or lower.

I don't know the minimum..but at a certain point, they will no longer recieve xp from mobs several levels below them.

So always stick to same level or above.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Slight correction/clarification... pets will receive 10 base XP for mobs their level or over. This base XP is reduced by one for every level the mob is below the pet's level, so it receives no XP for mobs 10 levels or more under their level. This base XP is multiplied by the pet's loyalty modifier (1.5 for loyal (501+ loyalty), 1.0 for tame (151-500 loyalty), less for wild and savage (I don't remember the modifiers for these, I don't leave pets in those loyalty ranges for long.))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SpookyJuice - Heavens Tear
    SpookyJuice - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How or at what level can you go to werefox form?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    After finishing level 9 spiritual cultivation, you can learn the foxform skill that lets you transform between fox and human forms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ritalyn - Raging Tide
    Ritalyn - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How do you get higher level tame it is not showing up in my skill trainer?
  • DragonTamerz - Harshlands
    DragonTamerz - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This message is really off topic.I was playing a venomancer as a male and a tiger picked me up.so wen i told him i was a dude he ran b:laugh
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    How do you get higher level tame it is not showing up in my skill trainer?

There are essentially 4 different types of skill trainers for venos.

1. Venomancer Trainer - this is where you will get skills for the veno herself that are not cast on pets. (Venomous, Ironwood, etc.)
    2. Pet Skill Trainer - this is where you'll get skills for the veno that are cast on the pets (tame, heal, revive)
    3. Mrs. Zoologist - Acquire/learn skills for your land and air pets. (SW corner of arch)
    4. Mr. Zoologist - Acquire/learn skills for your water pets. (SE corner of the harbor in east arch)

Just make sure you're going to the right trainer and have hit the right level and it should show up. Tame comes around on the X7's so it won't be showing up at the same time as the heals (X3's).

As a side note - you may want to carefully consider whether you _want_ to level tame up or not. It becomes a very costly skill to cast with fewer and fewer benefits. Most of us would recommend to only level it up if you plan on doing a lot of rare pet farming. Even then it's a bit iffy.

HTH
  • thevomit
    thevomit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hi all.
    I'm rather new to this game and didn't want to start a new topic.
    Anyway I tamed a Crystalline Magmite and hatched it the went back to leveling area and summoned the magmite and only few seconds later it just dissmissed. Did the same thing couple of times and tried relogging.. No luck.
    So is it a bug or did I just miss something about various pets?
    edited January 2011
    thevomit wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I'm rather new to this game and didn't want to start a new topic.
    Anyway I tamed a Crystalline Magmite and hatched it the went back to leveling area and summoned the magmite and only few seconds later it just dissmissed. Did the same thing couple of times and tried relogging.. No luck.
    So is it a bug or did I just miss something about various pets?

Were you around water or lots of hills, by any chance? If you go somewhere that a pet can't follow, it will automatically dismiss. This happens most often when you are going over certain bridges (such as the one near Broken Bridge Village), flying, going through a lake or sometimes a puddle (very troublesome when grinding in the Swamp of the Wraiths and in the water valley of fb59), or navigating steep slopes.

The only other thing that I can think of that would cause a dismiss is halting the pet and then running away from it. When you get out of range, the pet can auto-stow. If the pet is on follow mode, it should teleport to you tho.

Besides those, a pet should only disappear if you command it to stow or if it dies. Either of which should be fairly obvious.
  • jaromirwolfdog
    jaromirwolfdog Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mihai wrote: »
    3)What lvl can i get a Pet?
    - At lvl 3 you can do a quest to get a wolf or a scorpion

23) What is the available tamable pets and locations ?
    - A list for lvl 1 to lvl 20 is available HERE[/qoute]
    I am a level 3 Venomancer. How do I find the quest I have to do in order to get a wolf?
    Number 23 goes to another game's forum called "Legend of Mermaid" and won't let me see the info without logging in,but I don't have an account on that forum.
  • SeedsHorizon - Heavens Tear
    SeedsHorizon - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:laugh Thank you so much! This cleared a few things up for me...like how I couldnt change to a male b:angry But thanks alot b:laugh
  • Evonmin - Raging Tide
    Evonmin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Was wondering if it is possible to move Pet's Skill, like from 4th (most right) to 1st (most left)?

If yes, how?

Hope to find answer here.

Thank you in advance :D
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Was wondering if it is possible to move Pet's Skill, like from 4th (most right) to 1st (most left)?

If yes, how?

Hope to find answer here.

Thank you in advance :D
    You can, but it would take unlearning all the pet skills (which costs money), buying the skills again (which also costs money), and learning them in the correct order that you want (which costs even more money), my suggestion, just leave the skills alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Evonmin - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    You can, but it would take unlearning all the pet skills (which costs money), buying the skills again (which also costs money), and learning them in the correct order that you want (which costs even more money), my suggestion, just leave the skills alone.

Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciated :D
  • MisTiVixon - Harshlands
    MisTiVixon - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey i had the veno for a wile i have herc ok gears for what i do
    and im wondering how to lving faster in the 80s with out spending gold
    i do TT3-1 for money/farm mats how i usually lv is grinding lv 90 phy mobs which takes a long time awny way i can get help plz?
  • Evonmin - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Would like to know which bosses that veno is unable to tank? (I am acrane veno)

Reply with a list of them would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
    edited April 2011
    Hey i had the veno for a wile i have herc ok gears for what i do
    and im wondering how to lving faster in the 80s with out spending gold
    i do TT3-1 for money/farm mats how i usually lv is grinding lv 90 phy mobs which takes a long time awny way i can get help plz?

There's a couple of threads floating around on this topic but here's a quick summary:

- Start your own squads and/or run with friends.
    - Do normal quests, cs, justice quests, cube of fate, OMAs, grind.

I found the 80s to be a great time to catch up/level other pets than my main pet (outside of the cube, ofc).

Would like to know which bosses that veno is unable to tank? (I am acrane veno)

Reply with a list of them would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

That's a difficult question, tbh. Nearly everything in the game is veno tankable if not practical.

The harder bosses that most venos don't solo/tank would be (ones that are borderline are marked in []):

Open Map Bosses: [Jewel]

RB

FB69: [Damned Gaurnob], Cenequus Polearm
    FB89 Eden: [Phlebo]
    FB89 Brim: [Hellfire Abomination]
    FB99 Abbadon: Gaurnob Clositer Guard, [Mountain's Finger], [Monoblat Dracoboa], Horned Thunderclap, The Haunted Headless, [Peachblossom Ritualist]
    FB99 Seat of Torment: Voidweaver, [Suicidal Mass], [Infernal Spikewing], Rancid Venerator, Demontorch Marauder, [Torturess Venerator], Hellfire Abomination

Lunar (squad mode):
    [Genesiac Blink]
    [Mystical Jarax], [Masaca Seben]
    Relic of Wind, [Drake Fling], Primal Fear

TT (squad mode):
    2-2: General Wurlord, [General Feng], Cosmoforce, [Astralwalker]
    2-3: General Wurlord, General Feng, Cosmoforce, Astralwalker, Ancient Evil
    3-1: Dark Colluseast, Steelation
    3-2: Dark Colluseast, Steelation, Twilight Emperor, Twilight Minister
    3-3: Dark Colluseast, Steelation, Illusion Nemen, Twilight Emperor, Twilight Minister, Illusion Lord: Armageddon
    *Djinscream in all three is dependent upon your DD, not tanking ability.

Nirvana: (Impractical to solo the whole thing on a veno, but here's the list anyway)
    Vampiric Sovereign
    Demonic Dictator, Demonic Tyrant, Demonic Sovereign
    Ashura Dictator, Ashura Sovereign
    Goldwing Phoenix, Ashura Netherqueen
    Vanished Ancestor

Even tho these are the bosses that aren't commonly veno-solo'd/tanked, that doesn't mean that they're impossible. It comes down to magic attack, channelling speed, defenses against aoe's, knowledge of genie skills and apoth and when to use them, pet's max hp and defenses. Most of these bosses are ones that will debuff and/or seal your pet, which can only be purified by stow/re-summon or the pet's death. If you can get around those attacks, or have a way to quickly stow/re-summon/re-buff, more doors will be open to you.
  • Evonmin - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Thank you very much for the comprehensive list n guide.

How about world bosses? I was told Eyes of the Krimson Beyond is not tankable (solo) by veno.
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thank you very much for the comprehensive list n guide.

How about world bosses? I was told Eyes of the Krimson Beyond is not tankable (solo) by veno.

None of them are tankable solo, but you can get a party of WFs and have them heal one herc and tank it (ridiculously long time)
    edited April 2011
    There's a difference between world bosses (level [?] bosses that have a shade under 24 mil hp) and open map bosses (such as eyes).

Yes, Eyes of Krimson would be another on that isn't veno tankable. Sorry, I forgot about him in my last post.

Soul Hunter is a world boss that is veno soloable/tankable, but like Breath said, it takes a ridiculously long time.
  • Evonmin - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Thank you for the fast reply.
  • Leahren - Raging Tide
    Leahren - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    mihai wrote: »

8)What armor should i go for?
    - Well this totally depends on your build.
    A general breakdown will be something like this...
    Heavy : For Fox mode morpher ( also know as the tanker build )
    Light : Hybird
    Robe : Nuker ( also know as the mage build )

17) Will there ever be a Male Venomancer ?
    - I doubt so, but someone has suggested it.

I wish people would STOP making the assumption that Heavy=FoxForm. It just doesn't! We need as much magic as arcane/light armor to use mag weps, so we still have the same attck - so we CAN and WILL fight in human form. Heavy Armor just means we have a higher phys def than arcane or light armor venos. Please, stop thinking this. It just isn't true. Here's a link to a good build for venos who want arcane and phys def. It's hard to do, but it works. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=198681
    LOL. There probably won't ever be a male venomancer. A) PFFFT. It's PWI , what do you expect xD and B) Well there's the mystic out now...
  • DrPepper_I - Heavens Tear
    DrPepper_I - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have a question. My Veno is level 82, and I have a level 48 Crystalline Magmite. I want to level up my magmite without going to the Cube of Fate (I hate tht place...) Is there any other way to level him up to my Veno's level without going to the Cube of Fate?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    I have a question. My Veno is level 82, and I have a level 48 Crystalline Magmite. I want to level up my magmite without going to the Cube of Fate (I hate tht place...) Is there any other way to level him up to my Veno's level without going to the Cube of Fate?

Yes, but it won't be fast. You need to go grind on stuff that's higher than the magmite's level, but not so high it'll kill you.

You know all those quests you skipped by going and buying heads? Now's the time to go back and do them. Or, if you don't care about getting drops and XP while grinding, go kill marriage quest mobs (there's some north of Orchid Temple, some on an island east of Nameless... might be others, but those are the only land ones I know of.)

You could skip some of it by taming a higher level pet, but not even the Shikou Valorian (highest level magmite, found in the Earth section of the Valley of Disaster) will be as tanky at the same level as a Crystalline Magmite. You can find out about higher level pets here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012

go to places where you can aoe several mobs at once that are higher level than your magmite.
    the best spots i've found are

the circle of trees with long legged toxicons for up to lvl 33
    peninsula by anglers village for bon variants up to about lvl 40
    distant dustwraiths up to about lvl 50 just south of sundown.
    nothing decent for the 50-65 that i know of, or i forgot about them
    seaweed thieves east of sanctuary from 65 - 75
    cheif assassins on nightscream, near the shore with the dock on the far side of FB 79 entrance from the island entrance for up to 80, physical spiders just north of sirry wine camp up to 90.

also make sure you food level is over 500 on pet to get the max xp
    after 90 you can start working on getting OHT 3rd map open, nivastoks arent too terrible either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deanatural
    deanatural Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wonder ... Venomancer is well accepted in various types of group,instances? I'm now starting pwi. In br pw, pw Russian Venomancer, is totally excluded ... > <I loved playing Venomancer.XD