Venomancer F.A.Q.

Comments

• Nevedita - Dreamweaver
    Nevedita - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    eefie wrote: »
    I'm looking for more short/mid term options for luring/tanking actually, since I plan on getting those two 8x pets for the long term. Any suggestions? Or do I just stick to Magmite until level 80 *sighs at the thought*

You should consider lvling a Quad. Beetle King. I'm quite happy with mine, as it came with both Tough and Bash (although you might want to lvl bash up so it can maintain aggro), and has good phys and mag. def. And if you plan on replacing it anyway once you reach lvl 80, it's nice to know that you saved time and money by sticking with a cheap, well-balanced pet. Also, if it makes any difference, a beetle is slightly, >slightly< faster than a golem, which is always nice to know.

Of course this all comes down to how you play, but I've been doing just fine with Ruby (my beetle). If you can control your beetle properly, you can take on at least 4 monsters (phy and mag mix too), your lvl, all at once. It gets even better when new monsters spawn during your fight, and you see your beetle taking on 8 guys at once. I do it all the time with Ruby, makes my killing quests more interesting :)

As for my two cents on luring pets, I would just go with something that is fast. I currently use my Frost Antelope for that, mainly because it runs funny which it makes me laugh, but it also has boost and howl just in case I need it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>>Check us out at "kinetic.co.nr"! Join the movement today!
  • Svanadisa - Heavens Tear
    Svanadisa - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So, leveling up a Veno, should I go arcane? I'd really like to be a melee fox. My cleric melts faces, and I want my Veno to bash em.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    @Svanadisa;

Well you don't have to be a melee fox to be deadly. Normal vit/magic build with a nix is scary. On the other hand, if you dont really feel like mage veno + pet is your style, there's always light, melee and heavy.

Light is the combination of melee and magic, some only stick to the magic tree and use light armour just for pdef. Light foxes have high crits, low HP, lesser magic attack, average physical attack, high evasion, high accuracy and mediocre magic and physical def. Heavy/robe (my build) is also a deadly combination of melee and magic, it has high phys attack, lesser magic attack, average crits, average dodge/ evade, insanley high physical defense and high magic defense.

Melee fox is simply a human form venomancer who uses melee weapons and no skills. On the odd occasion they may have to switch to a magic weapon to get into fox form, but the physical attack would then be much lower while the physical defense higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well you don't have to be a melee fox to be deadly. Normal vit/magic build with a nix is scary
    i can vouch for this one, very high matk, very high hp, average def. pretty awesome build of the few ive tried.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    @Tear: sry if u've said it already, but whats ur current base vit and magic? and have u stopped putting vit or still planing to put more..?

edit: lol wrong thread but anyhow...
    *Semi retired*
  • Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear
    Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm sorry this is such a pointless and worthless question, but how do you get the flying pet at lvl 30? Do you pay for it, or is it just free? Thanks...
    I know it's stupid >.<
    edited August 2009
    when you reach lvl 30 you can tame the lvl 30 foxwings around hidden orchid.. at lvl 30 you will get a free flying mount and ability to fly so you just fly up and catch it ;)
    *Semi retired*
  • Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear
    Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    when you reach lvl 30 you can tame the lvl 30 foxwings around hidden orchid.. at lvl 30 you will get a free flying mount and ability to fly so you just fly up and catch it ;)

Thankyou b:victory
  • lacuspinkprincess
    lacuspinkprincess Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi sorry... i am kinda new.... I have myself a wolfling and I am running short on water and stuff. You said that you can buy it from any NPC but when I go up to the people in perfect world none of them-from who i have talked to- will sell me anything! Please help me!!!

Nevermind-found it!!
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi sorry... i am kinda new.... I have myself a wolfling and I am running short on water and stuff. You said that you can buy it from any NPC but when I go up to the people in perfect world none of them-from who i have talked to- will sell me anything! Please help me!!!

Nevermind-found it!!

Talk with the pet trainer or pet manager. Choose pet trade and you will have the option to buy 3 types of water based pet foods.
    I recommend getting 5 of the oil, for when your pet gets killed to regain loyalty fast, and regular water (only 70 coins each), to keep the pet fed.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • inexistance
    inexistance Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is an awesome guide. Thanks so much.
    Took a few questions off my notes. xD

b:victory
  • Charismatic - Harshlands
    Charismatic - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Number 37's link doesn't work.
    Just wanted to let someone know..
    Btw, that was me, above this post.
    I didn't choose a character til now. xD
  • evildarkfairy
    evildarkfairy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    does any one know how to change or make a avatar
  • evildarkfairy
    evildarkfairy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    srry for ...for bugging you all
  • Yaochi - Sanctuary
    Yaochi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hi
    First of all this is a GREAT guide.. tnx

Now my question is what tips do you have for lvling my Genie What skills are good to get, affinities, stats ext..
    and any other staff you think is important

For my self I'm a LA veno,
    but it can be even nicer getting a comprehensiv view

"You Have Too Belive That You Are Not Alone"
    - 'Riper' by Kevin Smith

"I believe in taking two bricks
    n' smashing them into pieces"

- my old D&D gang
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok, quick question. I know this was mentioned in the guide, but the map didnt exactly help. Where can I find some of the legendary pets? And not just the pheonix. Like the tabby ext... Thankz in advance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Mugwump - Sanctuary
    Mugwump - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I must have skipped something but I'm lvl 12 and so is my default sharptooth wolfling. It started out with Flesh Ream. I still can't buy a new skill for it and I know it can have about 4 or 5 skills. I'm confused.
  • HikariRei - Heavens Tear
    HikariRei - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok, quick question. I know this was mentioned in the guide, but the map didnt exactly help. Where can I find some of the legendary pets? And not just the pheonix. Like the tabby ext... Thankz in advance!

There are only 2 Legendary pets; Hercules and Phoenix. For these two, you'll have to either buy the Battle Pet Pack from the boutique (and lots of them at that) or buy them from other players.

The tabby is a Rare pet. Rare pets spawn naturally and have to be caught the usual way. The only reason why they're called rare is that they usually only have 1 or 2 spawn points (with only 1 of them spawning each time) and that they spawn once every 12 hours. The only exceptions to these rules are the Snow Hare which spawns every hour and the Armored Bear which has 4 spawn points. Refer to the first link to check the growth rates and names of the various rare pets, and the next link to check their locations (you'll have to type their names in the search box for the second link).

#1: http://snowbloom.110mb.com/pr.htm
    #2: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi
    I must have skipped something but I'm lvl 12 and so is my default sharptooth wolfling. It started out with Flesh Ream. I still can't buy a new skill for it and I know it can have about 4 or 5 skills. I'm confused.

You need to buy pet skill scrolls from Mrs. Zoologist or Mr. Zoologist (I think Mr. Zoologist only sells skills for water pets). After making the purchase, summon the pet you want to teach the skill to and speak to the Zoologist again. Select "Learn Pet Skill" to open up a window where you can learn the skill. Each Skill Scroll typically costs 300000 coins, though you may find them sold cheaper in the Auction House (I found Toughen for 100000 and Flesh Ream for 200000, both with a sell-out price of 250000).
  • bluberrymilk
    bluberrymilk Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My Venomancer's level is at 12 already and I still don't have the tame skill.. I've checked both the Pet Skill Trainer and Venomancer Skill Trainer again and again and I still can't get it. There's never any "tame" skill to get. Is there any other way to get it?
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ren wrote: »
    Venomancers don't exist, they are either their real name (yao jing) or what they ARE (werefox).

b:irritatedb:angry
    ren dont spam saying they don't exist if there is a whole forum dedicated to it and when its official
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    don't think a tank pet is best, pet who do much damage is good too. kitty and kowlin are strong,kill fast.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • dooley94
    dooley94 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok im confused i cannot find the snow hare's respawn times anywhere can somebody help me cause i don't think i wanna wait when i could be doing other things
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is it just me.. or do all these guides have incorrect info and are rarely updated?
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have to ask this. Can you please tell me if its important to get fox form? D: I need to know asap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I have to ask this. Can you please tell me if its important to get fox form? D: I need to know asap

Yes.

10char
    *Semi retired*
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    "Don't overuse your "assets."" part was funny.

I find it disturbing when there are oversized "assets" on a thin girls body.

Throwing Bramble on clerics is funny. >:D b:victory
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    dooley94 wrote: »
    ok im confused i cannot find the snow hare's respawn times anywhere can somebody help me cause i don't think i wanna wait when i could be doing other things

DP

I hunt mine here. (468, 924) It's a little northeast of Etherblade City. It spawns on the trail so no worries about monsters. Just for fun you should get a Antsolider in the forest nearby I find them awesome. :D

Increase in Phys. Defence and 100% accuracy. - I like the tame beast skill in fox form.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • HKZ - Harshlands
    HKZ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Peanut oil gives 100 loyalty..
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Peanut oil only gives 50 loyalty. It's sesame oil that gives 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • goat111
    goat111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Peanut oil only gives 50 loyalty. It's sesame oil that gives 100.

yeah peanut oil is 50 loyalty=S but people keep your pets loyalty above 500=D

to many veno's go AFK with there pets out likea herc in room 4 of the cube it kinda funny
    cuz u gotta bring all that loyalty back up =D