Best character of each class to ever grace LC

Galaxy - Lost City
Galaxy - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Since there is a post on top WB, we might as well talk about who the top player of each class is. Retired and banned players are included since many of the top players fall into one if not both categories.

My personal votes:

WB: Griminflamez - One heck of a WB. As far as I can recall, only two people have killed him 1on1. Might not be the best tank ingame but overall, best WB LC has ever seen.

WF: Cancer - No arguments there. Always had pots and always knew how to use pots. After the introduction of phoenix, simply the scariest of all Pkers on the server.

EA: Yoshiki - The bow alone warrants this spot. Outlevels most other EA and those with similar levels and skills are simply outgeared by him.

WR: Deity - Revolutionized the way WR is played simply with superior gears. Tanked high level HH and played as a solo PK, both of which were never meant to be the jobs of a WR.

MG: Elayne - Best pvp mage goes to haiz but best overall goes to Elayne hands down. Proficient with all areas of the game.

EP: Lorelai - Impossible to kill in pvp. Good macro skills and amazing gears. One of the very few EP that stood out from the crowd.
Post edited by Galaxy - Lost City on

Comments

• sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Diety had godly gears but even people he regularly teamed up to pk others with know he isnt skilled. Dunno how lorelai pks so cant speak. I tend to agree with the rest of ur picks except Yoshiki since too many archers for him to stand out. You could say the same about Shinzoko as Yoshiki.

edit - forgot a period >.<
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    These threads are necessary for the sake of the future of Lost City!!!!
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i disagree with deity and lorelai
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Everyone on that list was only good because of levels and gears. When grim played, there were very few high level WBs, and Raven was 1 of them. He sucks balls compared to a lot of WBs right now, but they also have better gear now with FBs being farmed and all.

Elayne is way higher levelw ith way better gearn than any other mage, but yeah, definitely one of the better wizards out there atm, sucked balls 10 levels ago though.

Cancer was amazing. He got extremely lazy recently b/c of the nix and no longer stands out from any other veno. Fiery is currently way better, but gears have to do a lot with that... since 7.7k with light armor is just disgusting by current standards.

Yoshiki has always had good gear, now he has WTFpwn gears and I doubt many can take on that, skill wise though, definitely not the best, in fact Wind and Zephyrus are both better skill wise and so are Diego and Maguro and even maybe Shinzoko.

Diety - are you joking? GTFO.

Lorelei - the only one I would agree with, but she is pretty much on Par with other vit clerics like Platypuss and Deadbone....although, Pdef shards....dunno about that decision when you have plume shell.

It's very hard to shine with nixes roaming around, and if you are a veno, you can't really shine because of your nix, and you don't even have to.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I love when rich players get labeled as the most skilled ones. No offense to anyone mentioned above not saying any of them suck either but I'm just saying basing your opinion on their gear is completely irrelevant to their actual skills.

My list or sort of

WF :

- Cancer pre-phoenix
    - Fiery post-phoenix

EA :

-Droga
    -lrod
    -Maguro when not farming fb29,
    -shinzoko

MG :

-Elayne
    -Haiz
    -Pandora (why was he not mentionned?)

WR :

-Sezz
    -Shizo
    -someWrInRQIcan'tRememberTheNameOf
    -GStormT except when he targeted me in pvp

EP :

-Lorelai
    -PlatyPuss
    -Zori
    -Persephone (why was he not mentionned?)

WB :

-Inflamez
    -Pnut
    -Destro
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Shinta - Lost City
    Shinta - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    QQ I wasn't mentioned. b:cryb:surrender
    Allons-y!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol Deity.
    He couldn't even stunlock... Failing to kill 6x mages, ftw?
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery - Lost City
    Fiery - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Why do people mention me, i'm a carebear.
  • Shinta - Lost City
    Shinta - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You make being a carebear look SMEXY. b:cute
    Allons-y!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Cuz unlike other WFs you actually still atk...but I call HP hax. Again, hard to see an outstanding WF when they flesh ream you to death in no time at all. Maybe some barb can enlighten us.

PS: Persephone was amazing back when I was in UL. But she's someone you never see around. Like Droga......If i've died 1ce by Droga it would be a miracle... and I've died a lot by everyone.
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009

PS: Persephone was amazing back when I was in UL. But she's someone you never see around. Like Droga......If i've died 1ce by Droga it would be a miracle... and I've died a lot by everyone.

Yeah that's the thing, I'm basing myself on TW action mostly. Because you don't see them out there pvp that much. And there was like 1? CQ vs RQ tw so I can't blame you for not agreeing. b:pleased
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I wasn't even in that 1 war where RQ actually went. I was in the other 2 wars we had at the same time.
  • cei98
    cei98 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    disagree with lorelai. killed her while i was grinding at spiders and also in cube multiple times, WITH the ball turned on in pk room. and that was when i had the 90 xbow.
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lorelei - the only one I would agree with, but she is pretty much on Par with other vit clerics like Platypuss and Deadbone....although, Pdef shards....dunno about that decision when you have plume shell.

Also, Lorelai couldn't kill me in wood gear and the last time I was at a pvp war against BL that Lorelai took part in, she didn't even buff Yoshiki. Nothing too special imo.

As for most of the people named, having money and high + doesn't exactly make those players great. Like Deity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DirtyGirl - Lost City
    DirtyGirl - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Best mages?

Pandora? Noooooo
    Elayne? HELL NOO!!!

Best 2 mages on LC server are:

1. Danika
    2.Pyrocide

b:bye
  • Esprite - Lost City
    Esprite - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    WR:
    Anyone that isn't Hiep.

MG:
    Elayne
    Haiz
    Amour

EA:
    Diego
    Maguro

EP:
    HH Slaves of Conqueror
    Lorelai
    Persephone

I really wanted to put Fiddy_Yen, but I never see him anymore. Is he a HH slave?

WB:
    FlameZ
    Pnut
    DT

WF:
    Cancer
    Fiery

Back to DWO.
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I had the PRIVELAGE of 1 vs 1 with fiddy_yen at old soldier wq point shattered shore.

Much respect to that battle. I never seen a cleric, that can take THAT much of damage.FREAKING 15 MINS+ BATTLE!!!

Honestly i only won cos my perdition happened to be ready at the right time when fiddy's hiero just ticked.

I love a good fight. Thank you fiddy_yen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    About the whole Lorelai argument, she was good, but I wouldn't say among the best. Saying Lorelai was good is saying the same as Deity was good. Well granted Lorelai had actual skill unlike Deity, but they were as good as they were because of highly refined gears. I'm not saying you aren't good if you have good gear, just saying if you have high refined gear, than you should be way above the rest. I think people like Deity and Lorelai were as good as the rest, but with much better gear.

I'd say one of my favorite EPs would be Zori.

Flamez good in PvP, horrible from what I remember in PvE. Have you ever seen a WB perdition a boss while tanking in FB/HH? If your answer was yes, you may have partied with Flamez in HH.
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009

Flamez good in PvP, horrible from what I remember in PvE. Have you ever seen a WB perdition a boss while tanking in FB/HH? If your answer was yes, you may have partied with Flamez in HH.

Haha yeah PvE was definitely not his thing. He felt asleep in zhen and grind parties. Also too lazy to bite @ boss. Or decides that he wants to AoE a a bunch of magic horse in hell fb89. Good times still.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I'm flattered, though I'm doubt I'm among the best. My level and gear probably hinders that, in due time. I can't really comment on who's the best, haven't seen many mages PvP. Elayne is pretty good from what I've seen though, and Pandora, but that opinion is a little biased.

As for EA's I'd say Tumeric and Diego.

WBs would be Toky for sure.

WRs I can't really say.

Venos - Any 90+ with a nix lol.

EPs - Platy is pretty baller, but I roll in 8x pvp more so I don't really know.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calvin
    calvin Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BM-
    Calvin
    EA
    no clue
    WB-
    no clue
    MG-
    no clue
    WF-
    no clue
    EP-
    no clue

just my own opinon
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    calvin wrote: »
    BM-
    Amour
    EA
    Amour
    WB-
    Amour
    MG-
    Amour
    WF-
    Amour
    EP-
    Amour

just my own opinon

I agree b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Merkaba - Lost City
    Merkaba - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    calvin wrote: »
    BM-
    Merkaba
    EA
    no clue
    WB-
    no clue
    MG-
    no clue
    WF-
    no clue
    EP-
    no clue

just my own opinon

Fixed it. ;3
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I am the best at dying to 1-2 ppl. Does that count for anything?

Really though, when you get asked how much heiro you wasted and you don't even have one, you know you're a good cleric.

Amour is pretty good as a mage, I must say, if you see me and Amour flying, kill me, I would drop 10x faster, while still doing only as much dmg with a 90 weapon.
  • Galaxy - Lost City
    Galaxy - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sadly gear is as important, if not more important than skill when it comes to this game. You can not discredit someone due to their gear. Of the people I have named on that list, if it was based purely on macro skills or knowledge of the game, perhaps none of them would have made the list but that is besides the point. If you bring someone from PWI china who has played the game for close to 3 years and give him a level 50 character, can you say he is the best player due to his macro skills and knowledge of the game?

What I based my judgment on was how strong these characters were based on their level and ivnestment into the game. When they were at large, did you dare to come up and face them, whether by yourself or in a group?

I remember distinctly that when Lorelai first got her hh90, CQ had tremendous problem killing her in pvp battles. Whenever 4-5 people ganged up on her, rest of BL just picked everyone off one by one.

Same goes for Deity. I make fun of his macro skills at times but I think he has the brains for the game. Saw a couple of his duels and he seems to know what he is doing. Heck, back when he played, he could just normal swing at people and they'd fall like flies. I tried to tank his heaven fury before and died in two hits and mind you, I was a pretty decent WB.

I picked yoshiki over shinzoko due to her current achievements. Back 2-3 months ago, I'd pick shinzoko over yoshiki.

Cancer is pretty much a given.

Griminflamez wasn't as bad in pve as people think (although, it does leave much to be desired) but he certainly made up for it with his pvp skills.

Pandora is alright but he never had the gears or the levels. Haiz didn't have the gears either so my vote stays with Elayne.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    Haha yeah PvE was definitely not his thing. He felt asleep in zhen and grind parties. Also too lazy to bite @ boss. Or decides that he wants to AoE a a bunch of magic horse in hell fb89. Good times still.

oh man, we were in brimstone awhile back and platypuss kept yelling LEEEEEEEEEEROOOY JENKIIIIINS and running in to death knights (Maybe rangers?) and killing himself, He pm'd me to do it and well, I got 12 of them on me and ran up to my party before fats and everyone but me and the werebeast in the group died.

it was amazing.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I have to say, most of these people had the gear that everyone now has as soon as they hit 90. +5's are the norm right and +8 was like the best weapons in game....and 2-3 ppl had those, of course you won't kill a vit cleric easy when they can heal themselves pretty damn easy and have 30% more hp than everyone around except WBs. Back then, Raven had like 10k hp with his 90 set. That's nothing now. Few months from now you would have a bunch of people with 99 gold sets and +8 gears with +10 weapons and Yoshiki, who seems super strong atm would be just another EA then.

You won't know who the best of the best are until everyone has endgame gears +12.
  • Column - Lost City
    Column - Lost City Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Whay am i not on here, None of you kiddies can kill me b:pleased
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Whay am i not on here, None of you kiddies can kill me b:pleased

I soloed you 1v1 and considering I'm a mage and you're a robe EP that means you are horrible. I didn't even use tempest. Not to mention you even used triple fury in a fail attempt.
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Warriors
    - Deity (even though he sucked and didn't have the skills, people never had the courage to 1 vs. 1 him. He was the only warrior who killed GrimInFlamez in a 1 vs 1)
    - GstormT

Wizards
    - Elayne (high level, anything that does 4k damage with pyrogram is pro)
    - Pandora (underdog LA mage with ****ty gear, ****ty weapon, biggest epeen and the largest 1 shotting pool)

Venomancers
    - Fiery (8k HP? Phoenix? yeah bye)
    - Purple (lol nonfactor? not, she still terrorizes people with a foxwing)
    - Celerity (1st heavy fox on Lost City)

Barberians
    - GrimInflameZ
    - BigBoss
    - PandaLord (Luis...best tank I've seen)
    - DestroyTokyo (not even 90)

Clerics
    - Tamahome (best healer I've met.)
    - Deadbone (hello bloodthirsty cleric with 8k HP)

Archers
    - Jesus (1 shot Pnut)
    - Starris (1 shot Deity)
    - Maguro (1st on the PvP rankings when it was released)
    - X (1 shot Deity)
    - Yoshiki (seen him critic-a-lot?)
    - Lrod (no comments)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.