High levelsl ruined low level event

Options

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    they do...tusktown, dreaming is lvl 70 for example. there are higher ones but i've not attended them yet. they could always hold simultaneous events for different level ranges
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    omg, and i was asleep on this hole fun?! damm! b:sad
  • Reenoa - Heavens Tear
    Reenoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LOOK, I keep repeating myself hear but only way to stop bbeing ksed is become higher lvl, its a game for only the strong can thrive. So at your lvl your getting ksed lvl up untill you can 1 hit ko toob:sad
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was able to attend my first Wraith event down in Bamboo Village yesterday. It was a Lv 20 event, and I was at Lv 16-17 so it was quite well-suited for me.

I did get KS'd about a quarter of the time - there were archers and clerics (among others) who were pretty good at 1-shotting the mobs. Usually, it was before I had locked in an attack of my own, so I simply noted their power, and moved on to the next mob that was just standing idle. About 1/4 of my kills, though, had mid/late attacks on it by higher levels that kept the drops locked off from me. Temporarily :)

You know what? I just moved on to the next mob, and in between mobs I would scoop up forgotten drops. I made a very nice haul of elemental dust and pots, as well as gold, from my own drops and the ones people had left behind as well as the ones that had been locked from me on mobs I assisted in killing.

I could see the drop algorithm in effect across the field, though. Instead of dropping nice equips or the dog tags, it was all pots, gold, and elemental dust because of the level of power differences. Am I sore? Nah. I had fun, and made more coin than I spent getting down there from City of the Lost. The chaos was beautiful ^x^

Plus, I had one wayward mob all to myself as it chased my squad mate from the field of battle. Got a Dog Tag from it. Seeing the shiny blue spiky bit was quite the kick. Sure, there might have been more drops like that if the higher levels hadn't been sniping in with one-shots to discourage the better drops, but let 'em have their fun and exp. It's a game after all, and there will be another Wraith event. And plenty more opportunities to score the good stuff from other events and quests.
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Today I went to my 1st PWI event (on Dreamweaver server) as I was on when it happened

The Event - lvl 20 higher than normal mobs surrounding Gate of Antiquity

TOTALLY ruined by hi lvl chars - namely SHIZUMA and others incl members of bloodpact standing by each wall of the town and 1 hitting every mobs as soon as it appeared

There were several people there trying to hit mobs but you couldnt even get 1 hit in before a hi lvl 1 hit it

GM's need to rethink these events and change mobs so that anyone over lv 30 wont be able to target them - this should be easy done as they are special mobs so wont need much work

Hi lvls get their own events outside hi lvl towns and should not be able to ruin it for others

I have also sent this to GM's at support to try and sort this

Its several wraith events per day in PW. Not like u missed on you're biggest in game opportunity when higher lvls stole kills. There will be a new one tomorrow...

If u actually play this game for a little while longer than a few weeks u will get so damn tired of these never ending wraith events that u will realize how extremely silly your QQ-post is.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I made a very nice haul of elemental dust and pots, as well as gold, from my own drops and the ones people had left behind as well as the ones that had been locked from me on mobs I assisted in killing.
    This was totally my experience as a low-level at these events too. They're chaotic fun and you get a good haul of booty, even with high lvls 1-shotting things like crazy.

I really don't know why people are whining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Did he actually say a pve player is afraid of giving his name out? what are you going to do anyway, ks him on sight?
    b:chuckle

What makes you think he/she/it is pve? His/her/its words? There is a reason he/she/it hides his/her/its identity.b:chuckle
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You assume everyone will be just like you farming/ksing when they get higher level.

Low level people don't deserve their events? Lol.b:laugh

I am a lvl 26, this is my only toon, so no, I don't go KS lvl 4 monsters e-tard.

And low lvl people dont need nor deserve their events, if they are going to QQ about it, then DONT PLAY THEM AND GO QUEST! Everytime a GM has to take action because of a complaint they must restrict the freedom somehow of the players. This world is for the players, all of them, not just the low levels. It is not the high lvls fault that they are better or got a head start over the lower levels.

When a GM steps in and says "You are no longer allowed to do this, or that, and this, and that..." everybody suffers because those low lvls will one day be high lvls, and now they are unable to participate.

Its like the US government. Every outcry for unfair treatment leads to "fair" and "unbiased" arbitration from the government. This extends their power further and further until you need a permit to pass gas and get a fine for running your AC in the spring. If losers like the OP didn't complain about players so much, the need for gms would be almost non-existant except for maybe technical/troubleshooting issues. "Give me liberty, or give me death!!!"
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Agree!!

First, there were different level mobs at each gate...this was posted in the announcement.

Second, this is not the first nor the last event in which this will happen! There have been many in the past and I am sure that there will be many more in the future.

* Besides, when most of the lower levels get to be higher....you are not going to do the same thing and then tell the lower levels to deal with it?

No I wont. In every game I play I try not to tread on others fun. The game tells you what lvl the mob is. The polite thing to do is leave the squishy mobs for the newbs and just go after the one that will crush the newbs.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Solar - Dreamweaver
    Solar - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LOOK, I keep repeating myself hear but only way to stop bbeing ksed is become higher lvl, its a game for only the strong can thrive. So at your lvl your getting ksed lvl up untill you can 1 hit ko toob:sad

The above is a typical; reply and It's what I'm trying to stop

WHY should you have to lvl your char past the low lvl event only to come backs 30 lvls later and ruin it for the new low lvls (this also applies to say lvl 40 events gatecrashed by lvl 80's etc)

You know it makes you all feel bad inside when you cant hit an event mob or when you do you get ks'd so you all lvl up so you can do the same to others

It should not be like this - people intent on ruining events just because in the past it was ruined for them

The GM's have e-mailed me saying they are looking at a solution for the future
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What makes you think he/she/it is pve? His/her/its words? There is a reason he/she/it hides his/her/its identity.b:chuckle

LOL you really don't have to prove to us how little comprehension skills you have and how ignorant you are. I have advised you many times.....LEARN TO READ. Since you have so much free time, you can see my posts since I joined PWI and that will leave you in no doubt that I am indeed in that server. :p Since you are the one doubting my identity, the onus is on you to prove that I am not who I claim to be.
    bzbee wrote: »
    As for your obsession with my Avatar or lack thereof, I find it highly amusing. It is no secret that I play on Sanctuary, as for the rest, since you are soooo perceptive, I shall let you figure it out yourself. ;)
    I was able to attend my first Wraith event down in Bamboo Village yesterday. It was a Lv 20 event, and I was at Lv 16-17 so it was quite well-suited for me.

I did get KS'd about a quarter of the time - there were archers and clerics (among others) who were pretty good at 1-shotting the mobs. Usually, it was before I had locked in an attack of my own, so I simply noted their power, and moved on to the next mob that was just standing idle. About 1/4 of my kills, though, had mid/late attacks on it by higher levels that kept the drops locked off from me. Temporarily :)

You know what? I just moved on to the next mob, and in between mobs I would scoop up forgotten drops. I made a very nice haul of elemental dust and pots, as well as gold, from my own drops and the ones people had left behind as well as the ones that had been locked from me on mobs I assisted in killing.

I could see the drop algorithm in effect across the field, though. Instead of dropping nice equips or the dog tags, it was all pots, gold, and elemental dust because of the level of power differences. Am I sore? Nah. I had fun, and made more coin than I spent getting down there from City of the Lost. The chaos was beautiful ^x^

Plus, I had one wayward mob all to myself as it chased my squad mate from the field of battle. Got a Dog Tag from it. Seeing the shiny blue spiky bit was quite the kick. Sure, there might have been more drops like that if the higher levels hadn't been sniping in with one-shots to discourage the better drops, but let 'em have their fun and exp. It's a game after all, and there will be another Wraith event. And plenty more opportunities to score the good stuff from other events and quests.

Now...if only everyone had this mindset. Shame we're from different servers or I would definitely want a friend like you in game. If you ever decide to change servers and come to Sanctuary, drop me a pm here. :D
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Solar - Dreamweaver
    Solar - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thx everyone for replies although some were on other subjects

I read all the replies and this will be my last

It was clear that most people agreed with me with a few exceptions

Hope something changes soon
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    bzbee wrote: »
    Now...if only everyone had this mindset. Shame we're from different servers or I would definitely want a friend like you in game. If you ever decide to change servers and come to Sanctuary, drop me a pm here. :D

Thank you :)

I just find it less aggravating to not worry about the things I can't change, and just enjoy the parts that are, well, enjoyable. Much less stressful that way ^x^ If I get KS'd, I will just be quicker and more forceful with the next mob - worked out well enough for me ^x^
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thank you :)

I just find it less aggravating to not worry about the things I can't change, and just enjoy the parts that are, well, enjoyable. Much less stressful that way ^x^ If I get KS'd, I will just be quicker and more forceful with the next mob - worked out well enough for me ^x^

I agree. I do the same. If someone kses me, I'll just move on to another spot. If they follow I will tell them politely to please stop ksing me. If that fails I will leave and finish the quest another time. Ksers aren't worth me wasting my game time or spoiling my game for. :D
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well I would like to revive this again for an Angler Village Wraith event today. So I'm Lvl 46 maybe a tad on the high side. But it still takes me 4 or 5 casts to kill the Mob.

I arrive and attempt to join in. But there are these two one shotters. (probably more but these were the worst around my area) One with a Phoenix and one with a Kowlin. One of them was from Enrage. I'm sure they were level 70+.

Well they were killing everything around them so fast it was ridiculous. Then it seemed like they deliberately went after anything I targeted.

The only way I was able to get any kills was to find a spot where a wraith spawned right on top of me.

I ask what is the point of these high level players even trying? I noticed that every time I did a "pure" kill, I got drops. If a higher level even touched the mob nothing dropped. If they think they are impressing the lowbies, they are not.

And as far as our feedback not doing anything, I hope the GMs do what they say, which is read our feedback. We can make a difference. Those that say nothing will change are the same people who don't bother voting in RL.

Edit: the other player (with Kowlin) was from VOODOO name I_LOVE_PETS and she was at least lvl 70 because of her weapon.

I don't like to make enemies but I have no idea why these people have to ruin it for others. Is it really so much fun targeting and sending ur pet in for a one shot kill so fast that lower levels don't even have a chance?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well I would like to revive this again for an Angler Village Wraith event today. So I'm Lvl 46 maybe a tad on the high side. But it still takes me 4 or 5 casts to kill the Mob.

I arrive and attempt to join in. But there are these two one shotters. (probably more but these were the worst around my area) One with a Phoenix and one with a Kowlin. One of them was from Enrage. I'm sure they were level 70+.

Well they were killing everything around them so fast it was ridiculous. Then it seemed like they deliberately went after anything I targeted.

The only way I was able to get any kills was to find a spot where a wraith spawned right on top of me.

I ask what is the point of these high level players even trying? I noticed that every time I did a "pure" kill, I got drops. If a higher level even touched the mob nothing dropped. If they think they are impressing the lowbies, they are not.

And as far as our feedback not doing anything, I hope the GMs do what they say, which is read our feedback. We can make a difference. Those that say nothing will change are the same people who don't bother voting in RL.

Edit: the other player (with Kowlin) was from VOODOO name I_LOVE_PETS and she was at least lvl 70 because of her weapon.

I don't like to make enemies but I have no idea why these people have to ruin it for others. Is it really so much fun targeting and sending ur pet in for a one shot kill so fast that lower levels don't even have a chance?

Lol, bzbee might be one of those losers.b:laugh
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LOL.. Its always gonna happen like that as long as the events are posted (not level specific). In the announcements it never says that any certain level cant be there. So this original post is quite pointless. Although I am level 50 veno. I too am a lower level compared to a level 90 but you wont hear me ever complain that level 90 ruined level 50 ...its life, it happens, its part of the game. Either play the game or dont.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    why did y'all revive yet another dead thread? people who just ant let things go annoy the **** out of me :|
  • rsin
    edited April 2009
    Options
    why did y'all revive yet another dead thread? people who just ant let things go annoy the **** out of me :|

1.first time ive seen the thread.
    2.you commented, cant let things go yourself?
    3.I simply shared my oppinion to a thread whether old or new. Its not locked so anyone can post a reply to it until the thread is finally close. So if it annoys you so bad. Find something else to occupy your time besides contributing like you did.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The GM's have e-mailed me saying they are looking at a solution for the future

I believe I can think of several solutions.

When I hear about a wraith army, I usually often wonder which level the army will be. I have shown up for armies where I was too high level -- or too low level -- because I did not know. I imagine other people have similar problems.

However, no one would care about this issue if wraith armies were large enough or if they redesigned their events slightly.

For example, if instead of providing 40 monsters, or whatever, if they had 400 spawn points and an algorithm which provided a minimum of 30 live monsters, they would automatically get re-inforcements when they needed.

Or, for example, maybe when a high level character kills a low level monster, this monster would come back with an appropriately high level friend and any such high level character would be on its aggro list.

Another variation would reward low level players for high level players being present. For example, instead of generating new monsters when most monsters were dead, low levels might automatically get experience and spirit from every kill when few enough wraiths were present.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I believe I can think of several solutions.

When I hear about a wraith army, I usually often wonder which level the army will be. I have shown up for armies where I was too high level -- or too low level -- because I did not know. I imagine other people have similar problems.

However, no one would care about this issue if wraith armies were large enough or if they redesigned their events slightly.

For example, if instead of providing 40 monsters, or whatever, if they had 400 spawn points and an algorithm which provided a minimum of 30 live monsters, they would automatically get re-inforcements when they needed.

Or, for example, maybe when a high level character kills a low level monster, this monster would come back with an appropriately high level friend and any such high level character would be on its aggro list.

Another variation would reward low level players for high level players being present. For example, instead of generating new monsters when most monsters were dead, low levels might automatically get experience and spirit from every kill when few enough wraiths were present.

An easier solution is to tank drop rate to 0 when level difference reach a certain level. The high lvl ksers come hog low level events because since they on hit everything, they still earn a tidy profit auctioning despite low drop rate. They could care less about the fact that they're **** lower lvl ppl in a major way for minor benefits to themselves. increasing spawn points would devalue drops and mess up the economy.
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    First of all, a system like this is already in place. I'm 79, I won't make any money at a level 50 event (and perhaps even level 60). I would make much more money grinding.

I honestly have no idea why people do it, except perhaps to grief; if you count the time you could have been grinding, it is actually costing you money to go to those low level events. I think it happens more on carebear servers cause they don't have any better way of griefing each other than through kill stealing.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    High levels do this for the SOLE purpose of pissing everyone off. The more you hate them the more they like it because they know you can't do anything about it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • rsin
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Attention: There is a small group of wraiths that have started to gather near whatever said location..."It is the duty of all to go and fight"

Ok, may not have been worded exactly like that but very similar. Nowhere have I seen anything saying level (specific level). we know that generally the area of the invasion will give us a clue as to the level of wraiths spawning. But as said, it is the duty of all. Read that part next time. Maybe they say ALL so that lowers and uppers will possibly stand as a team with one goal in mind. To defend the area like it says.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    Attention: There is a small group of wraiths that have started to gather near whatever said location..."It is the duty of all to go and fight"

Ok, may not have been worded exactly like that but very similar. Nowhere have I seen anything saying level (specific level). we know that generally the area of the invasion will give us a clue as to the level of wraiths spawning. But as said, it is the duty of all. Read that part next time. Maybe they say ALL so that lowers and uppers will possibly stand as a team with one goal in mind. To defend the area like it says.

Lol, stop making up excuses, you know very well what the event's intended purpose is.b:chuckle
  • PhantomDrake - Sanctuary
    PhantomDrake - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this is hilarious b:laugh !!!!

i can't believe u guys r dicussin this matter soo much XD

at the end of the day- its gonna happen to u and, u'r gonna do it the next batch of lower lvls....so on and so forth..

We suffered, then we make u suffer, then U make the next batch suffer b:victory

its like a food chain b:chuckle
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this is hilarious b:laugh !!!!

i can't believe u guys r dicussin this matter soo much XD

at the end of the day- its gonna happen to u and, u'r gonna do it the next batch of lower lvls....so on and so forth..

We suffered, then we make u suffer, then U make the next batch suffer b:victory

its like a food chain b:chuckle

The higher lvl ksers also suffer as they could've earned more coins doing something else in the same amount of time.

So, you make the next batch suffer a lot and yourself suffer a little.b:victory
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol, stop making up excuses, you know very well what the event's intended purpose is.b:chuckle

b:scorn

I am sorry, I should not be harsh, but I really have problems with people when they think only their point of view can possibly be valid.
  • rsin
    edited April 2009
    Options

Im not making any excuses at all. I personally dont go to raids. I went to 1 at walled stronghold and saw nothing but a bunch of dustwraithers so i left and let the lower levels have their fun because I honestly found it boring. Doesnt excuse the fact though that even the announcements themselves say that it is everybodies duty to fight. Some of us are courtious in a sense when we really dont have to be. Like i refuse to sit there and 1 shot a bunch of easy targets because their is no skill or challenge involved. So I dont see the point of your reply to me at all. I guess some people just have to get a word in i suppose. lol
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    High levels do this for the SOLE purpose of pissing everyone off. The more you hate them the more they like it because they know you can't do anything about it.

What an amazingly wrong generalization.

To give everyone on the server a chance to thwart an attack of the Wraith Army?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]