High levelsl ruined low level event

Options
Solar - Dreamweaver
Solar - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Today I went to my 1st PWI event (on Dreamweaver server) as I was on when it happened

The Event - lvl 20 higher than normal mobs surrounding Gate of Antiquity

TOTALLY ruined by hi lvl chars - namely SHIZUMA and others incl members of bloodpact standing by each wall of the town and 1 hitting every mobs as soon as it appeared

There were several people there trying to hit mobs but you couldnt even get 1 hit in before a hi lvl 1 hit it

GM's need to rethink these events and change mobs so that anyone over lv 30 wont be able to target them - this should be easy done as they are special mobs so wont need much work

Hi lvls get their own events outside hi lvl towns and should not be able to ruin it for others

I have also sent this to GM's at support to try and sort this
Post edited by Solar - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Noxxious - Dreamweaver
    Noxxious - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was there too. It's lame seeing level 40+ players there oneshotting mobs left and right. b:angry How about only sending the zone messages to players in event level range, ie... level 20 mobs messages players from level 15-30 and so on.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, many high level players get an arrogant attitude that they are somehow enhancing the game by their actions. Some even revel in the frustration they can cause. There's really nothing any of us can do about them.

My suggestion: If they bother you then avoid these events and play the parts of the game that they can't affect. Don't get drawn into special events. PW has yet to create a special event that was not flawed in some way. Usually this means frustration for lower level and chuckles for the high azzhats. Take a deep breath when you encounter this and don't let them bother you... or do like I sometimes do... get a telecustic and wc to the world that such-and-such is an azzhat b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    All I saw were masses of Hercs and Golems running around as level 62+ elites kept spawning. Since I didn't feel like having to res my level 43 pets constantly I didn't stick around. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure I could stand there and spam heal the golem, but that isn't much fun at all especially considering when I checked later they were spawning level 83 elites at the north gate.

yay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well players kept doing this sort of thing in another game. The GMs got fed up with it and now flat out ban anyone that tries to interfere with any events.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    High level players come to event like this because you can get dog tags as a drop from the mobs and the commander of the wraiths. Dog tags will give you reputation or you can sell them for alot of money. You also get lots of dq items wich can npc for good money depending on the level of the dq items. Event are also fun so lots of people will come anyway.

You might try doing the event in a squad with your guild or some friends, then perhaps you'll have more fun at the next one.
  • Solar - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options

You might try doing the event in a squad with your guild or some friends, then perhaps you'll have more fun at the next one.

I think you just read the title and NOT the post itself

Even a sqaud would have had no chance read my whole post

btw faction Midnight were also 1 hitting but ALL names of those who were there have been sent to support for future reference if they do same again

Stay at events for your own lvl and DON'T spoil them for others just because you can or because you are bored
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Im sure you guys woulda yelled at me for going to event were I able to make it, I don't know even know where gate of antiquity is. How are new people like me supposed to know they're NOT WELCOME to certain events? If people above level 20 aren't wanted it should have been noted in the announcement.

Secondly, Shizuma is not a jerk. Shizuma happens to be a very kind, caring and helpful person. You shouldn't judge someone because they came to an event they didn't know they weren't welcome to. But fine, if that's how you approach people you don't know, that's your perogative. Personally I prefer to get to know people better than just a chance encounter before judging them.
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    nvm....lol
  • Shizuma - Dreamweaver
    Shizuma - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    As Wolfgang said, I went for the dog tags. I got KS'ed when I was your level too, it happens. You can't say that "high levels" cant go to an event when it is broadcasted to the entire server. It's an open event for everybody. Sorry that I had nothing better to do at the time and ruined your entire day by keeping you from getting a few precious kills.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Poor low levels. It must be terrible not having any quests...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    As Wolfgang said, I went for the dog tags. I got KS'ed when I was your level too, it happens. You can't say that "high levels" cant go to an event when it is broadcasted to the entire server. It's an open event for everybody. Sorry that I had nothing better to do at the time and ruined your entire day by keeping you from getting a few precious kills.

Agree!!

First, there were different level mobs at each gate...this was posted in the announcement.

Second, this is not the first nor the last event in which this will happen! There have been many in the past and I am sure that there will be many more in the future.

* Besides, when most of the lower levels get to be higher....you are not going to do the same thing and then tell the lower levels to deal with it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Solar - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Agree!!

* Besides, when most of the lower levels get to be higher....you are not going to do the same thing and then tell the lower levels to deal with it?

Shizuma and the even higher 60+ lvls knew what they were doing and even said there were there cos they wanted to ks everyone or cos they were bored

Just because it has happened to you in the past does not make it right to do to iothers in the future

Just because you were abused don't grow up and abuse others

2 wrongs do not make it right
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Shizuma and the even higher 60+ lvls knew what they were doing and even said there were there cos they wanted to ks everyone or cos they were bored

Just because it has happened to you in the past does not make it right to do to iothers in the future

Just because you were abused don't grow up and abuse others

2 wrongs do not make it right

ummm....nvr said that...I was asking a hypothetical question...fyi

And also was making a point that it HAPPENS, at every event it has and will continue to happen. Higher levels will continue to do this.....

QQ'ing is not going to stop it from happening.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I agree with red, events are basically a free for all. KS'ing will happen. If you don't want to deal with the KS'ing you aren't required to be there. Quests and grinding are efficient at getting you experience and spirit, moreso than events.

dang keep forgettin the color!
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ... or do like I sometimes do... get a telecustic and wc to the world that such-and-such is an azzhat b:chuckle
    You're one of THOSE people -_-

If the person annoying you really is an ****, then your worldchat just made his day and he got what he came for. If the person annoying you is minding his own business unaware that he is being a nuisance to you, then good job, you have just publicly slandered an ignorant but innocent person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Aerith - Dreamweaver
    Aerith - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol get over it.

theres no rule that says high levels cant participate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol get over it.

theres no rule that says high levels cant participate.

couldn't have said it better b:victory

do'h forgot the color again
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    couldn't have said it better b:victory

do'h forgot the color again
    If you plan on making lots of post in your signature, can you find a darker shade of purple/pink? It's a bit difficult to look at for long periods of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Shizuma - Dreamweaver
    Shizuma - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

If the person annoying you really is an ****, then your worldchat just made his day...

Thanks Anubis for the worldchat spam b:victory
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Im sure you guys woulda yelled at me for going to event were I able to make it, I don't know even know where gate of antiquity is. How are new people like me supposed to know they're NOT WELCOME to certain events? If people above level 20 aren't wanted it should have been noted in the announcement.

Technically, the GMs said which gates what specific level ranges should go to over the GM's special scrolling channel in red font that scrolled across the middle of everyone's screen.

I'm pretty sure that is the reason that those that were at the West Gate to Archosaur were kinda unhappy with level 50+ 1-2 shotting everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    TOTALLY ruined by hi lvl chars - namely SHIZUMA and others incl members of bloodpact standing by each wall of the town and 1 hitting every mobs as soon as it appeared

There were several people there trying to hit mobs but you couldnt even get 1 hit in before a hi lvl 1 hit it
    When I was a level 20 Barb I had no trouble getting successful kills during the wraith attacks, despite the high levels 1-hitting everything, and barbs do sucky damage. You just need to be quick and anticipate where/when the spawns occur.

The average haul from these events for me was about 50 Element Dust, 4 Celestones, and the occasional Dog Tag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited April 2009
    Options
    When I was a level 20 Barb I had no trouble getting successful kills during the wraith attacks, despite the high levels 1-hitting everything, and barbs do sucky damage. You just need to be quick and anticipate where/when the spawns occur.

The average haul from these events for me was about 50 Element Dust, 4 Celestones, and the occasional Dog Tag.

Somehow, I don't believe you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Somehow, I don't believe you.

LOLb:laughb:laugh
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Technically, the GMs said which gates what specific level ranges should go to over the GM's special scrolling channel in red font that scrolled across the middle of everyone's screen.

I'm pretty sure that is the reason that those that were at the West Gate to Archosaur were kinda unhappy with level 50+ 1-2 shotting everything.

If you read the first post you would have seen:

...The Event - lvl 20 higher than normal mobs surrounding Gate of Antiquity...

During this event, I saw all the GM announcements. NONE of them included level requirements. Thus, the implication was that everyone was invited. Hopefully, if the GM's want to exclude members from the next event, they will say so. Otherwise it will be percieved to be an all level's welcome, event.

*Next time ill try to put in colors an preview before posting XD*
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Point to Teeki. I was watching the System messages myself during the event, and unless there was one made before 3pm/6pm that I missed, the only reference about going to the gates that suited your level was made here on forums.

And not everyone keeps a presence on forums.
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    [Snip! Oops, Drazo needs a wake up slap! Or drink some strong coffee, whichever works better.]
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Lolas - Heavens Tear
    Lolas - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

First I agree with basic idea of your complaint. But it isn't all the higher levels fault. Technically, about 5 minutes into the event, the Gm said in red font, that south gate had to many people and some should go to west, and north.

So basically just poorly designed event. there should have been more spots with smaller range of levels in each. That wouldn't have fixed your problem. But it would have taken away their legitimate excuse.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    "If you read the first post"

I have the fourth post on the first page, and I'm pretty sure I read the first post yesterday. Because the thread was started yesterday, "The Event" was actually the Assault on Archosaur, not a single Wraith attack on one the outlying towns (of which there was probably more than one). The only "low level" event yesterday was the assault on the West Gate to Archusaur (10-30) which probably had more than a few high levels wiping out the mobs the GMs were spawning there.
    Point to Teeki. I was watching the System messages myself during the event, and unless there was one made before 3pm/6pm that I missed, the only reference about going to the gates that suited your level was made here on forums.

And not everyone keeps a presence on forums.

No, they did make announcements as to what level ranges should go to which gates before the Assualt on Arch event began because they know that not everyone reads the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Personally, I loved the event. Orchid Temple and Tomb of Heroes was deserted, so I was able to finish a couple of outstanding quests in peace and quiet.b:cute
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Even a sqaud would have had no chance read my whole post

I mean get in a squad with higher levels if you can't get any hits in. I also have an archer on Sanctuary and I KS everything I can at wraith events, 'cause it's fun and I can . . . Also it would be a complete waste of time for a lvl 60 or a lvl 80 or w/e to come to a low level event if they didn't KS, because you could make more money on mobs your level and get dog tags or stamps inside an fb instead.

As a barb, it's more difficult to KS but I squad with people and have fun at the events. I almost always am in a squad at events even if the mobs are 20 levels higher than me. If I can't solo a mob I just help attack and run around picking up the drops.

Besides, everyone has to come protect the city from wraiths, who else will protect the poor npc's?

P.S. If you have lag issues at events that's something else entirely. You most likely won't be able to kill anything because it will be dead by the time you target it.