High levelsl ruined low level event

Options

Comments

• Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    bzbee wrote: »
    Did it occur to you that the event could be as the GMs planned? The drop rates haven't been altered much perhaps because there are no restrictions and it is meant for all levels to participate?

I don't see why attending a PW event that is open for all is considered 'going in and making life miserable for newbies'.

I guess at mid 70s I could be classed as 'high' level and although I hardly ever attend such events (I tend to avoid events that could result in ksing), I did try those events out at lower levels. Yes, it is frustrating when the higher levels 1hit or 2hit the mob but then you just move on to the next mob. They respawn fast enough anyway. If OP found the mobs being 1hitted by someone upon respawn, just move to another spot. The spawns points are pretty wide spread.

I guess some of you high levels just don't get it. And why are you hiding behind an anonymous avatar when making posts like this.

First I doubt the GMs planned it that way. This weekend "Help the newbie FB event", seems like they want to help out newbies. They just seem to be having a hard time figuring out how, and are rewarding the wrong people.

Don't post when you don't have any recent experience. No the Mobs DON'T pop fast enough for the number of players, at least on HT. And it is VERY easy, even if a Newbie gets the first hit or two, for a one shotter to KS.

My point is directed primarily in support of lvl 20-40 areas where newbies may be experiencing a Wraith event for the first time. It should be fun for them.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so in the 4x, if someone gets a +5 refined sinister shooter and completely obliterates the mobs anyway, are you going to cry that the event wasn't for rich people? you can't come onto an MMO (an MMO where people can pay money to enhance their chars) and expect everything to be fair.

maybe wraith events need to be instances as well. wraiths attack a city or a village, and only people in that level range can enter the instance. then your job is to protect the center of the city like in TW. get some reward in the end like defending that harpy wraith in rebirth order. but until then, you just have to deal with it. posting on here isn't going to stop anyone, esp the ones who dont read the forums.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    so in the 4x, if someone gets a +5 refined sinister shooter and completely obliterates the mobs anyway, are you going to cry that the event wasn't for rich people? you can't come onto an MMO (an MMO where people can pay money to enhance their chars) and expect everything to be fair.

Lol, no a lvl 40 with +5 sinister shooter cannot one hit event mobs its own lvl, not by a long shot. It's nothing at all like the ks from high lvl characters farming lowbie events. Making up more excuses for ks? b:shutup

GMs here should just ban the farmers, like they do in so many other MMOs.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol, no a lvl 40 with +5 sinister shooter cannot one hit event mobs its own lvl, not by a long shot. It's nothing at all like the ks from high lvl characters farming lowbie events. Making up more excuses for ks? b:shutup

GMs here should just ban the farmers, like they do in so many other MMOs.

i didnt say 1 shot did i? you'd probably be able to get the drop on every wraith mob your level w/ a +5 sinister shooter. ******. and its not ks if you 1 hit a mob that no one even had a chance to hit.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I guess some of you high levels just don't get it. And why are you hiding behind an anonymous avatar when making posts like this.

LOL you poor low level....now.....is that what you expected? Happy?

I hate to burst your little bubble but I have no need to hide behind anything and I've always posted the same way, with no avatar. :D
    First I doubt the GMs planned it that way. This weekend "Help the newbie FB event", seems like they want to help out newbies. They just seem to be having a hard time figuring out how, and are rewarding the wrong people.

Oh I see, so you think that GMs planned to have this as a newbie level event? I wonder than why it wasn't made as one. Or perhaps you forgot to send the GMs a memo about it?
    Don't post when you don't have any recent experience. No the Mobs DON'T pop fast enough for the number of players, at least on HT. And it is VERY easy, even if a Newbie gets the first hit or two, for a one shotter to KS.

So now you also know I do not have recent experience? Mind lending me your crystal ball?
    My point is directed primarily in support of lvl 20-40 areas where newbies may be experiencing a Wraith event for the first time. It should be fun for them.

Awww....sorry your point got lost. Perhaps if you made more valid arguments?
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • shazyousuckbot
    shazyousuckbot Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This is another company that only cares for making money. As a long time player of free to play and pay to play mmorpg's this is one of the better ones out thier but these people run thier company lke communist because thats what they are.

The creators of this game are communist.It was created in a communist state.Dont exspect to be truly heard or felt or recognised.

Ofcourse they'll act like they care, thats what keeps the american money rolling in and furthering thier communist agenda and ideal's.

They've already flat out lied to all of us when they rewrote thier tos to reflect that they changed thier minds about charm packs because it's thier main source of money a lie is still a lie.

As soon as we find a better game to move onto this one will be deleted. this game is one of the better ones out thier but thier management policies leave much to be desired.

Ps they hire "biased emotional teenagers" to run thier forums Need I say more? lol

Get out before you find yourself spending thousands of dollar's leave while u still can.serious 8(
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    i didnt say 1 shot did i? you'd probably be able to get the drop on every wraith mob your level w/ a +5 sinister shooter. ******. and its not ks if you 1 hit a mob that no one even had a chance to hit.

I'm not familiar with that weapon but it seems to me that it can't be that common. One or two level appropriate players with highly twinked weapons won't make much difference.

I was using a +4 Legendary mag sword which took me a long time to save for (farming, trading +real money), and it still took me more than 3 hits to kill. The thing is, I did less that 50% damage with my first shot so if I saw that someone else actually got the first hit, I can re-target and go for another and the other player still gets credit for the kill.

The problem is the overly high levels who can probably one shot practically butt naked. They come in droves because it is easy money.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LOL you poor low level...

I hate to burst your little bubble but I have no need to hide behind anything and I've always posted the same way, with no avatar. :D

Awww....sorry your point got lost. Perhaps if you made more valid arguments?
    Well Bzbee, there are nice players and not so nice players.

I think I fall in the former category. Anyone that asks nicely I try and help. I don't KS except by mistake and when I do I leave the drop if any.

I had a blast at my first Wraith event, and I want other newbies to have the same experience. It really made me want to play PWI more and get involved.

You may have used your anonymous Avatar on all your posts, but that doesn't mean I won't know what your character name, server and faction is. But I guess that is the point isn't it?
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This is another company that only cares for making money. As a long time player of free to play and pay to play mmorpg's this is one of the better ones out thier but these people run thier company lke communist because thats what they are.

The creators of this game are communist.It was created in a communist state.Dont exspect to be truly heard or felt or recognised.

Ofcourse they'll act like they care, thats what keeps the american money rolling in and furthering thier communist agenda and ideal's.

They've already flat out lied to all of us when they rewrote thier tos to reflect that they changed thier minds about charm packs because it's thier main source of money a lie is still a lie.

As soon as we find a better game to move onto this one will be deleted. this game is one of the better ones out thier but thier management policies leave much to be desired.

Ps they hire "biased emotional teenagers" to run thier forums Need I say more? lol

Get out before you find yourself spending thousands of dollar's leave while u still can.serious 8(

i pray that was sarcasm i just read. . if not. . just wow

of course the GM's want to make money. . I don't fault them for that, neither should you. . they are giving us a free game, we choose whether we want to pay for stuff or not. It's a great concept, just leave it alone and play
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well Bzbee, there are nice players and not so nice players.

I think I fall in the former category. Anyone that asks nicely I try and help. I don't KS except by mistake and when I do I leave the drop if any.

I had a blast at my first Wraith event, and I want other newbies to have the same experience. It really made me want to play PWI more and get involved.

You may have used your anonymous Avatar on all your posts, but that doesn't mean I won't know what your character name, server and faction is. But I guess that is the point isn't it?

On the contrary, a nice player would know not to judge others by their levels. A nice player would also know that events are open to all and not judge others for their attendance.

As for your obsession with my Avatar or lack thereof, I find it highly amusing. It is no secret that I play on Sanctuary, as for the rest, since you are soooo perceptive, I shall let you figure it out yourself. ;)

edited April 2009
    Options
    On the contrary, a nice player would know not to judge others by their levels. A nice player would also know that events are open to all and not judge others for their attendance.

As for your obsession with my Avatar or lack thereof, I find it highly amusing. It is no secret that I play on Sanctuary, as for the rest, since you are soooo perceptive, I shall let you figure it out yourself. ;)

A nice player would not farm events aimed at lowbies and one shot everything, thus depriving the new players of participation in their event. And yes, it's their event, not yours, otherwise GMs would have dropped higher lvl mobs in your area.

Despite your lame excuses, no, mobs 50 lvls below you are not meant for you. And events with those mobs are not meant for you.

They should have killed off drop rate, including additional drop rate, completely when lvl difference reach a certain point.
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    look you *******!!!!

this is not ksing.
    player 1 runs up to a mob to attack it,
    player 2 one shots it before they get there.

ksing is when you are killing the mob and THEN someone takes the last sliver of life away taking credit (drops/xp/spirit) for your kill

Ksing is NOT a badass killing 10 monsters in the time it takes you to kill 1 because you are too weak/slow. even if you WERE going to kill them if you were alotted enough time.

stop QQ its bs! dont you think these HIGH lvls were also "ksed" when they were small? what goes around comes around and I realize its not your fault, but when you grow up and you kill alot of easy mobs just because of the cool drops or w/e and you get called a kser you will finially know how stupid and nieve you were. just quit because you suck, 10-20 more wraith kills are never, and I mean ever going to change that. Go grind, get a high level and compete. If it wasn't survival of the fittest than nobody would disire to become great because they would have no advantage over someone who sucks.

Low levels that have put 1/100th worth of time/work/money into their char do not deserve any "special" events imo. be lucky with anything you have been blessed with. Because you only have it because high lvls allow you too. High lvls rule this world, not your mommy

and this is comming from a LOW lvl. just one that doesn't whine because I didn't get my way. Don't waste your time with these events unless you can kill quickly. Now you know. move on and get over it!
    edited April 2009
    Options
    look you *******!!!!

this is not ksing.
    player 1 runs up to a mob to attack it,
    player 2 one shots it before they get there.

ksing is when you are killing the mob and THEN someone takes the last sliver of life away taking credit (drops/xp/spirit) for your kill

Ksing is NOT a badass killing 10 monsters in the time it takes you to kill 1 because you are too weak/slow. even if you WERE going to kill them if you were alotted enough time.

stop QQ its bs! dont you think these HIGH lvls were also "ksed" when they were small? what goes around comes around and I realize its not your fault, but when you grow up and you kill alot of easy mobs just because of the cool drops or w/e and you get called a kser you will finially know how stupid and nieve you were. just quit because you suck, 10-20 more wraith kills are never, and I mean ever going to change that. Go grind, get a high level and compete. If it wasn't survival of the fittest than nobody would disire to become great because they would have no advantage over someone who sucks.

Low levels that have put 1/100th worth of time/work/money into their char do not deserve any "special" events imo. be lucky with anything you have been blessed with. Because you only have it because high lvls allow you too. High lvls rule this world, not your mommy

and this is comming from a LOW lvl. just one that doesn't whine because I didn't get my way. Don't waste your time with these events unless you can kill quickly. Now you know. move on and get over it!

You assume everyone will be just like you farming/ksing when they get higher level.

Low level people don't deserve their events? Lol.b:laugh
    edited April 2009
    Options

As I have said before, I am in favor of NOT locking out high levels from newbie area events. I think tweaking it so that all can enjoy, in particular the newbies is in order.

The MAJORITY of high levels are nice. I have nothing against them in general. My issue is with the few bad eggs.

Once you get past the 50+ levels I would guess almost all players know what they are doing. But in the 20s and 30s they get KSed, scammed etc. ... but I notice that happens mostly when there is big "profit" to be made. Take away the profit from the bad eggs and the problem goes way down IMHO.

Well, I'm glad you are not on HT. I am not obsessed with your identity. I couldn't care less other than to avoid you in-game.
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    A nice player would not farm events aimed at lowbies and one shot everything, thus depriving the new players of participation in their event. And yes, it's their event, not yours, otherwise GMs would have dropped higher lvl mobs in your area.

Despite your lame excuses, no, mobs 50 lvls below you are not meant for you. And events with those mobs are not meant for you.

They should have killed off drop rate, including additional drop rate, completely when lvl difference reach a certain point.

Mothergoose, kindly learn to read correctly.

1. I am NOT in the same server as OP
    2. I do NOT go to such events with my mid lv 70 toon.
    3. Facts are NOT excuses
    4. It is NOT THEIR event. As many have highlighted, there were no restrictions to the event.

Read, understand, lather, rinse, repeat.

edited April 2009
    Options
    Mothergoose, kindly learn to read correctly.

1. I am NOT in the same server as OP
    2. I do NOT go to such events with my mid lv 70 toon.
    3. Facts are NOT excuses
    4. It is NOT THEIR event. As many have highlighted, there were no restrictions to the event.

Read, understand, lather, rinse, repeat.

You approve of the high lvl farmers/ksers depriving lowbies of their event. How does you being on a different server (which no one knows for sure, since you hide behind that general avatar) change that?
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I dunno,high levels have as much right to be there and 1 shot what they wish,but i always wonder wtf is the point,i've went a few times,got next to 0 items,just seems like a waste of the high levels time and a waste for the newbies who can't get the mobs.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    As I have said before, I am in favor of NOT locking out high levels from newbie area events. I think tweaking it so that all can enjoy, in particular the newbies is in order.

The MAJORITY of high levels are nice. I have nothing against them in general. My issue is with the few bad eggs.

Once you get past the 50+ levels I would guess almost all players know what they are doing. But in the 20s and 30s they get KSed, scammed etc. ... but I notice that happens mostly when there is big "profit" to be made. Take away the profit from the bad eggs and the problem goes way down IMHO.

Well, I'm glad you are not on HT. I am not obsessed with your identity. I couldn't care less other than to avoid you in-game.

I'm glad you are not obsessed with my identity although I would be more prone to believe you if you stop harping about it.

And I'm glad that you're glad I'm not in HT. :D

Hopefully when you get to the higher levels, you will remember how you categorised and generalised the higher levels and also remember that you will at that time be one of those very people you so condemned. ;)

edited April 2009
    Options
    I dunno,high levels have as much right to be there and 1 shot what they wish,but i always wonder wtf is the point,i've went a few times,got next to 0 items,just seems like a waste of the high levels time and a waste for the newbies who can't get the mobs.

You'd qualify as "nice" player, who makes up majority of us. There are drops once in a while, and a few bad apples, unlike you, are willing to **** others in a major way for very minor benefits to themselves.b:embarrass

At a certain point in lvl difference, drop rate should be 0.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm glad you are not obsessed with my identity although I would be more prone to believe you if you stop harping about it.

And I'm glad that you're glad I'm not in HT. :D

Hopefully when you get to the higher levels, you will remember how you categorised and generalised the higher levels and also remember that you will at that time be one of those very people you so condemned. ;)

You assume that's his/her main, as opposed to the newest character that shows up as default in the account. I doubt he/she will turn out to be a farmer/kser. We don't need any more such people.b:embarrass
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You approve of the high lvl farmers/ksers depriving lowbies of their event. How does you being on a different server (which no one knows for sure, since you hide behind that general avatar) change that?

Excuse me, as I said in my reply to you, LEARN TO READ.

1. EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL!!! - pardon the caps but this point doesn't seem to be getting across.
    2. There was no evidence of ksing or farming in OP's post.
    3. LOL another irrelevant point about my avatar or lack thereof. I have posted without an avatar since the beginning and I don't have a problem with it, tough luck for you if you do.
    You assume that's his/her main, as opposed to the newest character that shows up as default in the account. I doubt he/she will turn out to be a farmer/kser. We don't need any more such people.b:embarrass

OMW...you really don't read do you? I didn't have to assume anything. It was what she said.

My suggestion that you learn to read still applies.

edited April 2009
    Options
    Excuse me, as I said in my reply to you, LEARN TO READ.

1. EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL!!! - pardon the caps but this point doesn't seem to be getting across.
    2. There was no evidence of ksing or farming in OP's post.
    3. LOL another irrelevant point about my avatar or lack thereof. I have posted without an avatar since the beginning and I don't have a problem with it, tough luck for you if you do.

OMW...you really don't read do you? I didn't have to assume anything. It was what she said.

My suggestion that you learn to read still applies.

In any case, those low lvl mobs aren't meant to be farmed on by selfish and inconsiderate people like you.

1) You can ks/farm outside of the event too, that does not make ksing/farming right.

2)OP was clearly pissed about high level ksers/farmers one-shotting mobs and depriving the event to those it was intended for.

3)KKK hides behind masks. So do you. There is a reason for them to hide, as there is for you. Afraid people would pk you if they find out who you are?b:laugh
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In any case, those low lvl mobs aren't meant to be farmed on by selfish and inconsiderate people like you.

1) You can ks/farm outside of the event too, that does not make ksing/farming right.

2)OP was clearly pissed about high level ksers/farmers one-shotting mobs and depriving the event to those it was intended for.

3)KKK hides behind masks. So do you. There is a reason for them to hide, as there is for you. Afraid people would pk you if they find out who you are?b:laugh

Whoa....I've never seen such ignorance and complete lack of comprehension.

1. Did I at anytime say ksing is right? Not sure what you mean about farming outside of this topic being wrong though. o.O
    2. I guess it would be useless to repeat again that there were no level restrictions placed for this event.
    3. Hmm...sure, I'm totally afraid to be pked.....if i knew how to turn on pk mode. Don't pk me please. :D
    I'm really impressed that you are not hiding behind any mask.....Mothergoose. b:chuckle

• Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Did he actually say a pve player is afraid of giving his name out? what are you going to do anyway, ks him on sight?
    b:chuckle
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Did he actually say a pve player is afraid of giving his name out? what are you going to do anyway, ks him on sight?
    b:chuckle

Maybe they plan to steal my cookies. Nuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b:sad b:cry

• Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    GMs PLEASE help out the lower level players by NOT encouraging KSing by the high levels. I mean it in a way that can be automated. Such as giving the low level the credit for the kill or nerfing the drops for the high levels to nothing. Maybe it should be the first player to make a hit that gets the credit, at least in Wraith events.[/QUOTE]

DO THIS ^ and archers will get every drop b:bye

Event was made to be free for all, lowbies KS (or try to) during the events all the time, as well as high lvls KSing the lowbies.
    Main point, the event is fine as it is, OP is just frusterated due to being KS'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Solar - Dreamweaver
    Solar - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Main point, the event is fine as it is, OP is just frusterated due to being KS'd.

The reason for this post is that the event is NOT FINE AS IT IS

Yes, I and a lot of others are frustrated when you get ks'd BUT not having any mobs to hit because they are all being 1-hitted by high lvls trying to make even more cash from an event that is clearly aimed at the lower levels is the whole point of my post which a lot of people are so ignorant that they can't even see this point

I hope some GM's have read this by now and are making arrangements to alter what happens at events and to level restrict them somehow
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I see little chance in those events changing, but the whole problem here i see is 1) people dramatising too much 2)other people not being practical.
    You won't see me on a lev 20 wraith attack..in fact not even on a 60lev one. Why? look at how droprate and xp decreases with level difference.
    Dog tags? fat chance id get any from a lev 20 mob, elite or not. I'f I'd want rep items i'd rather go solo some easy fb for stamps. With a lev 40ish-50ish veno i was quite successful in getting pleasant ammounts in fb 19.

Now you have an alternative fix, is that enough to stop the drama?
  • Minta - Dreamweaver
    Minta - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    when i went to my 1st wraith attack all i saw was KSing, so i just call it now KS party and i enjoy it. i never even bother to go to my level wraith attacks because i know i wont get anything. i go to lower level ones to get dog tags and celestones. i don't even care if there are my guildies or friends killing them, i will try to get as many kills/drops i can. if i can get 100k in those 20 mins why should i care?

wraith attack=ks party

if you don't like that you get ksed then go to low level wraith attacks were u can kill them easy
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    why don't they just make a wraith atk event with higher lvl mobs?