EVENT: Assault on Archosaur! Tuesday, March 31!

Options

Comments

• dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey Dvorak, need to fire your sources. Almost 24 hours before start and no more details?b:chuckle

You know they could be double agents, the attack could be a different time. b:laugh[/QUOTE]

I heard that our spies were captured! b:shocked

In any case, the first wave of Archosaur Assasults will take place in less then in an hour as I post this (starts at 3 p.m. Pacific).

Spawns will appear just outside of the 3 main entrances to Archosaur and each spawn point will be geared toward players of a certain level. The breakdown is as follows:

Archosaur West Gate = Level 10-30 spawns
    Archosaur North Gate = Level 30-50 spawns
    Archosaur South Gate = Level 50+ spawns

It is suggested that you participate at the appropriate level specific area. Best of luck and have fun!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • quoll
    quoll Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Isn't it past 3pm pst now?
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    quoll wrote: »
    Isn't it past 3pm pst now?

yep. the action is hot and heavy on Dreamweaver and Harshlands right now.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is nothing like the invasions we had on another server.

Here all that is happening is that a few mobs spawn on a small single spot.

While in TRUE invasion there are mobs that spawn everywhere around the city...
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So I logged onto an existing HL account to observe the assault since it started before the one in Sanc. and after 1 hr of observation i saw ONE (yes ladies and gents ONE) three star drop(which was also worthless.. only good to decomp for mirages) . The rest were glorious coins and pots

...and it was the 50+ (south gate) spawn, highest level range... lots of deaths tho...was fun to watch but would it be worth participating? hmmmm...
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think it wouldnt be fun for PvE servers xD

But PvP! woot! xD

...T-T too bad i was at work

missed it.
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • cenellow738
    cenellow738 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    event_details_banner_assault_on_archosaur.jpg

NEWSFLASH: We have just received word that on Tuesday, March 31, evil spawns will attempt to wreck havoc across Archosaur! Demonstrate your valor and honor by fighting side by side with your fellow compatriots in defense of your beloved city!

Based on our initial intelligence reports the forces of evil will invade Archosaur at the following times:

- Tuesday, March 31 -

Dreamweaver & Harshlands: 3 p.m. Pacific (6 p.m. Eastern)

Heaven's Tear, Lost City & Sanctuary: 5 p.m. Pacific (8 p.m. Eastern)

Do it for pride! Do it for honor! Do it for the love of your land! But no matter what, be sure to bring your 'A' game to the battle. Be sure to show up with your best gear and any charms and/or buffs to make you the fiercest warrior possible!

....more details to come as we receive further updates from our intel sources....

You know this battle is taking place rather close to April 1st or April fools day. Its strange that this is taking place tonight. Well I guess I've had lots of April fools stuff pulled on me throughout the years. I was part of a clan years ago where the president pretended the clan's website "forum" was under attach from a rival Halo team. It ended up being an April fools joke even though it was the night before. It ended up getting a lot of people mad. Does anyone else think this is strange.
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hm...left ard 50mins before the event start in San. What do I get if we defeat the mobs? lol.. just curious. :)
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Super boring...turned into a pk fest but you can do that any day of the week. Also, I thought it was gonna be good exp but I ended up losing some. The GM's were spawning 3 mobs for 100+ people. lol..

But thanks for the effort though. Maybe next time you can do a 2x exp event or something?

Also, I was gonna make this topic. b:victory
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So no super exp or super drops?

And this was the event this week? man I was really hoping it wasnt gonna be a flop....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    one word...fail
  • Yondaimez - Sanctuary
    Yondaimez - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You know this battle is taking place rather close to April 1st or April fools day. Its strange that this is taking place tonight. Well I guess I've had lots of April fools stuff pulled on me throughout the years. I was part of a clan years ago where the president pretended the clan's website "forum" was under attach from a rival Halo team. It ended up being an April fools joke even though it was the night before. It ended up getting a lot of people mad. Does anyone else think this is strange.

yeah, i also thought about that the first time i saw the date...

let's just hope that this is for real... because there are lots of players staying awake just for this
  • Bananacream - Dreamweaver
    Bananacream - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yeah, i also thought about that the first time i saw the date...

let's just hope that this is for real... because there are lots of players staying awake just for this

ha tis real. i was log on for 55 mins on Dreamweaver and having fun with participate in chaos. event is ok i would suppose but not particularly spectacualr. fun is good though. sometimes fancy plus elaboarte is not necessary IMO. I will come back with my alt on sanctuary for round 2 of spawn action! hehe
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    haha, level 83 elites outside the north gate. Level 48 veno did ~240 damage with Ironwood Scarab.

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I just got out of the event. Been TRYING to take place in the event at the south gate, but despite my not below average pc, it was all just lag, lag, lag, and more lag. And when the lag stopped, it was because i got a software error.

Before the event i was asking my faction members why everything is only taking place at 'normal' US times, but now i know why. I should ve stayed in bed.
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I was getting huge amounts of lag on my impressively powerful pc, it was lag city. Not to mention there was no way you could get a shot off on anything. It would be dead before you noticed it there.
  • Fimbulbitar - Lost City
    Fimbulbitar - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    this was just a giant pk fest for lost city
  • WujenKempo - Heavens Tear
    WujenKempo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry gents, but IMHO, this event was a giant FAIL. The lag was horrendous (averaged about 4 FPS). additionally, with such a huge buildup, there were 20-30 people on any creature at south gate

I spent 45 minutes as a level 66 barb, decently equipped, and came away with less than .1% exp, less than 100 coins, and a health potion.

I could have farmed ageratum near lost city and made that much in 45 minutes.

next time, I'll listen to faction members when they tell me not to waste my time.

b:angry
  • Yondaimez - Sanctuary
    Yondaimez - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am so mad with this event....

I was in the level 10-30 area, and EVERY mob was killed either by a bunch of level 50 venos, or a party of lvl 70+ guys. You could see clearly by the equipment

couldn't even get 1 lousy kill
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Like was said before, the real Ancient Dragon City event that took place on the Malaysian servers were much more fun.

On those events there was hundred of mobs spawning everywhere around the city, so players were spread all over the area, thus reducing lag greatly.

Here it was...meh.

The event was a good idea, but badly implemented.

Sadly enough, it appears that it cannot enter in their minds that putting a lot of people in a very small area of the map is not a good way to do an event... Wondering if they'll learn one day and improve the way they do those kind of events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I was hoping for a true invasion event, like those that happened on the MY servers. This was not it, sadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • RoughTongue - Heavens Tear
    RoughTongue - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Did anyone really think this event through? After helping to kill the 4th 112 boss without any drops even tho I pulled agro not one drop for the poor Barb. Veno's with Phoenixes "drops a plenty", Archers drops are plenty, anything ranged,
    Which is kind of the same durring wraith attacks.
    Looks like Barbs are only useful in dungeons.
    Next event like this please think a little more about all the classes in this game and maybe drop a beast down that is Barb specific? Or just come out and say Barbs dont need to come.
    Only other gripe is "Lagasuar" only suggestion I have for it is to instance it with ablitity to move from instance to instance for all the power shoppers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Get your helmets ready
  • Shoesicle - Heavens Tear
    Shoesicle - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I went to south arch... all i saw was hundreds of pheonix's and hercs... the all of a sudden A BOSS SPAWNED. then i saw...the same frame, for 1 min, then a new frame, for another min. then the boss was gone...That event sucked...
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lolz i thought event was fail...
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, time for another good idea, bad idea

Good Idea:
    An invasion event, where GMs drop FB bosses, with associated loot, in clusters, for players to kill.

Bad Idea:
    An invasion event, where GMs drop FB bosses, with associated loot, in small clusters, over a tiny space, about 5 minutes apart, so that everyone tries to kill them at once, and even those that do manage to get a lot of hits in can't loot because ONE PERSON (I'm guessing, maybe one squad) did the most damage, and it's all on tinly little stretches of land so that even high-performance mode sees game-killing lag.

Basically, I had 4 problems.
    1.) There was WAY too much waiting and listening to GMs rev us up without anything actually happening.
    2.) It was WAY too bottlenecked (basically, it was only on the road leading away from each gate).
    3.) There were WAY too few mobs for the number of people there.
    4.) The looting laws really broke this event. I did a good bit of damage on at least 5 of those lower level mobs, and I still couldn't loot anything, despite the loot just sitting there.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Did anyone really think this event through? After helping to kill the 4th 112 boss without any drops even tho I pulled agro not one drop for the poor Barb. Veno's with Phoenixes "drops a plenty", Archers drops are plenty, anything ranged,
    Which is kind of the same durring wraith attacks.
    Looks like Barbs are only useful in dungeons.
    Next event like this please think a little more about all the classes in this game and maybe drop a beast down that is Barb specific? Or just come out and say Barbs dont need to come.
    Only other gripe is "Lagasuar" only suggestion I have for it is to instance it with ablitity to move from instance to instance for all the power shoppers.

BS, I didnt get **** for drops either. majority of ppl didnt get squat. There were numerous times i had mobs first hit and all that and still got nothing. so it wasnt just you.

They do need to do a better job at it. But dont blame other classes.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terail - Sanctuary
    Terail - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lagfest 2009. I attempted to play in the 10-30 area.. died twice from attacks I didn't even see, and my laptop, nor my internet aren't exactly bad...

The general consensus on Sanctuary: Clicky!

This game needs more large man (6-36) instanced, end game type events. Dynamis, kings, Limbus from FFXI anyone? Never heard of them? Go look 'em up. Hella fun, big mobs and LAG FREE.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I was hoping for a true invasion event, like those that happened on the MY servers. This was not it, sadly.

I KNOW, FFS call it an invasion when there is a invasion event already coded with mobs already on the server with invasion molds and badges, and then summon FB bosses?=fail
  • andium
    andium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Worst. Event. Ever.

a) too laggy

b) too laggy

c) too laggy

d) i bet 99.99% of people Lost alot of XP or money(from GA's) from this event. It was merely a ruse by the GM's for people to buy more GA's and tele's to reply to the drunk GM's ramblings...

my opinion at least b:angry